Sweet Online Shop: Rigby & Mac

I really love to shop online. I still adore shopping in person still, I’m not one of those people who only shop online now because I do love a good browse and to be inspired by a lovely shop. Plus, I find interacting with products in person so beneficial. Yet, I find equal value in online shopping and find myself doing it more and more lately as it’s also quite an efficient thing to do when your schedule is full enough as my always seems to be. Are you a fan of online shopping or in-person? I guess what I’m wondering is do you prefer one over the other? I’d love to hear your thoughts on this! I was recently contacted by Rigby & Mac in England and fell in love with thier sweet online shop. They have lots of very sweet gifts and fun things I’d not seen elsewhere before, which is rare because sometimes I believe I’ve seen it all with being online so much pinning and blogging and reviewing products. It’s always such a lovely moment when you stumble upon totally fresh finds, isn’t it?

Sweet Online Shop: Rigby & Mac

1/ lace baskets 2/ music box for baby 3/ pretty bird paper lightshade 4/ polka polka cushion

Sweet Online Shop: Rigby & Mac

5/ silver leather rag rug 6/ laburnum teal cushion 7/ louise wilkinson cups & saucers 8/ ceramic fluted white jug

Sweet Online Shop: Rigby & Mac

9/ large white ceramic pitcher 10/ blue print vase 11/ owl storage jars 12/ Annie Sloan chalk paints in many gorgeous colors, which I love!

See any favorite gifts from my selections above?

(images: rigby & mac)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on June 11, 2013

1. Nicest Things commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 12:49pm

The chalk paint looks gorgeous, painting some old furniture with it is still on my eternal to-do-list… nice shop, really!
    Nicest Things´s last blog post ..Nordic Style Bedroom

2. Isabelle commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 12:52pm

I adore that blue print vase! What a lovely shop, thanks for sharing with us!

Xoxo,

Isabelle
    Isabelle´s last blog post ..Traveling to London Part I Buckingham Palace, The Mall und St. James’s Park

3. Katharina commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 1:19pm

Oh. My. Goooooooooood. This is beyond lovely – can I get it ALL, please? I think I’d buy this sweet baby music box for all of my momma friends. ;-)
    Can’t wait for them to ship internationally!!
    Thanks for the find, Holly!
    Katharina´s last blog post ..Griechisches Zitronenhähnchen mit Kartoffeln

4. Revived London commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 1:25pm

I’m very lucky in that I live just round the corner from all 3 of Rigby & Mac’s gorgeous shops in South East London. You are correct – they do stock fabulous stuff – different to other similar shops.

I like the bird paper lampshade the most I think :)

5. decor8 commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 2:03pm

@Revived London – Me too, I’d love to have a bunch of those bird lampshade to decorate for my upcoming anniversary party end of July!

6. Casa E Cose commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 2:09pm

I prefer buying online mostly cause i find so much more diversity and also of course due to the little time I have going shopping. Also going shopping these days is stressful…too many people and too much of Zara, HM and so forth. Prefer supporting smaller brands and preferably organic / sustainable.
    Soo pretty the shop you are featuring! A great find!

7. Natalie commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 2:18pm

Those two cushions are rather lovely, as are the two jugs. A tough decision!
    Natalie´s last blog post ..Mushroom Spotting

8. Katja/ Neovia house commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 3:19pm

For me shopping on-line or in-person really depends on the items I am looking for. Fabrics and textiles are still difficult to shop on-line, despite accurate pictures. You don’t get the right “feel” of the fabric..if it is heavy or light, how it falls etc…Smaller decorating items on the other hand are easy to shop on-line, you pretty much get the idea through pictures…like the nro 9, white pitcher in your post. Just love the style and soft white color!
    Katja/ Neovia house´s last blog post ..Bloomed

9. Anne Marie Jackson Pattern Occurring commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 4:27pm

Thanks for reminding me of Abigail Borg with the cushions. Don’t you think her designs are like a modern William Morris?

10. Eva @ Four Leaf Clover commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 4:39pm

I love those pillows! What lovely, simple accents to add to a room!
    Eva @ Four Leaf Clover´s last blog post ..Bournemouth by the sea

11. rach commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 7:13pm

I love shopping online. In person is great but I find things online that I never would have otherwise!
    rach´s last blog post ..Alternatives to Divorce

12. Pia Sabine commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 7:14pm

Love you´r blog! Lucky me that I just found it ;OD

Pia Sabine

13. Sue Schlabach commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 9:11pm

I prefer to buy in person when I can, but there are some online shops that are inspiring and exciting, so I shop there too. Given the choice I’d go in person, but I haven’t figured out how to be in two places at once just yet.

I love the Louise Wilkinson dishes and the blue patterned vase…but I’m also a sucker for printed paper lanterns.
    Sue Schlabach´s last blog post ..First Pond Swim of the Season

14. Teters Art commented
    June 11th, 2013 at 9:51pm

These pillows offer some lovely ideas for paintings…

15. Lina @ GGBG Style commented
    June 12th, 2013 at 12:27am

I am getting some of those cute lace baskets. They are absolutely adorable.
    Lina @ GGBG Style´s last blog post ..Romantic Tea Party // Романтично чаено парти

16. Ruthie commented
    June 12th, 2013 at 9:17am

What a fantastic shop! I’ve bookmarked several things for a later date.

I’ve always loved shopping but can’t say I prefer one kind of shopping over another. I find that many online shops offer a variety of products that I wouldn’t be able to find at my local shops or on the high street. That’s a wonderful advantage of the internet, it opens up the world and all there is to buy in it! As for high street shopping, I enjoy just browsing, being able to handle items and getting a good cup of coffee when I’m wandering around. I love doing both!

17. FrauSchmitt commented
    June 12th, 2013 at 10:18am

Wow, what a fab shop. I love the owl jars and I think I need some of this chalk paint.
    FrauSchmitt´s last blog post ..Zeit

18. Joanna Maya commented
    June 12th, 2013 at 3:16pm

I have recently come across your blog and I love it! It looks so fresh and it feels so cosy! And of course, browsing through all these beautiful photos – it all makes me feel sooo good;-)
    Joanna Maya´s last blog post ..Why crystals are perfect wedding gift idea?

19. Ashley Pahl commented
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:19pm

What a pretty shop! The photography makes it feel like we’re there in person. I really love that teal cushion and fluted jug. Thanks for sharing this find!
    Ashley Pahl´s last blog post ..Fruit & Herb Infused Ice Cubes (and why you might want to make them)

20. Aileen@AtHomeinLove commented
    June 12th, 2013 at 9:53pm

Ooh these are all so lovely! My faves are the lace baskets and white fluted pitcher. As for online shopping vs in person, I think each have their place. When I need to find something specific for a good deal, I prefer online because you can so quickly browse a lot of different places and search for that particular thing. If I’m just shopping for inspiration and fun, I definitely prefer in person. I love getting inspired by unique shop displays!
    Aileen@AtHomeinLove´s last blog post ..A Few Updates & Shops I Love

21. merri cvetan commented
    June 13th, 2013 at 1:33am

The best things about shopping on-line (OK, one of the best things) is finding unique and unusual items you could never find at a local shop.
    merri cvetan´s last blog post ..Hello world!

22. Emma Wheeler commented
    June 18th, 2013 at 1:09pm

I am lucky enough to live within walking distance of the 3 shops that make up Rigby and Mac….its very dangerous going in them in person…at least i can exert a little more self control online..
    Emma Wheeler´s last blog post ..Progress..

23. online shopping commented
    June 26th, 2013 at 1:35pm

Really a nice online shop. all the products are very nice.thanks for sharing