Shopping + Products

Sweet Online Shop: Rigby & Mac

June 11, 2013

I really love to shop online. I still adore shopping in person still, I’m not one of those people who only shop online now because I do love a good browse and to be inspired by a lovely shop. Plus, I find interacting with products in person so beneficial. Yet, I find equal value in online shopping and find myself doing it more and more lately as it’s also quite an efficient thing to do when your schedule is full enough as my always seems to be. Are you a fan of online shopping or in-person? I guess what I’m wondering is do you prefer one over the other? I’d love to hear your thoughts on this! I was recently contacted by Rigby & Mac in England and fell in love with thier sweet online shop. They have lots of very sweet gifts and fun things I’d not seen elsewhere before, which is rare because sometimes I believe I’ve seen it all with being online so much pinning and blogging and reviewing products. It’s always such a lovely moment when you stumble upon totally fresh finds, isn’t it?

Sweet Online Shop: Rigby & Mac

1/ lace baskets 2/ music box for baby 3/ pretty bird paper lightshade 4/ polka polka cushion

Sweet Online Shop: Rigby & Mac

5/ silver leather rag rug 6/ laburnum teal cushion 7/ louise wilkinson cups & saucers 8/ ceramic fluted white jug

Sweet Online Shop: Rigby & Mac

9/ large white ceramic pitcher 10/ blue print vase 11/ owl storage jars 12/ Annie Sloan chalk paints in many gorgeous colors, which I love!

See any favorite gifts from my selections above?

(images: rigby & mac)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Nicest Things June 11, 2013 at 12:49 pm

The chalk paint looks gorgeous, painting some old furniture with it is still on my eternal to-do-list… nice shop, really!

• Reply Isabelle June 11, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I adore that blue print vase! What a lovely shop, thanks for sharing with us!

• Reply Katharina June 11, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Oh. My. Goooooooooood. This is beyond lovely – can I get it ALL, please? I think I’d buy this sweet baby music box for all of my momma friends. ;-)
    Can’t wait for them to ship internationally!!
    Thanks for the find, Holly!

• Reply Revived London June 11, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I’m very lucky in that I live just round the corner from all 3 of Rigby & Mac’s gorgeous shops in South East London. You are correct – they do stock fabulous stuff – different to other similar shops.

I like the bird paper lampshade the most I think :)

• Reply decor8 June 11, 2013 at 2:03 pm

@Revived London – Me too, I’d love to have a bunch of those bird lampshade to decorate for my upcoming anniversary party end of July!

• Reply Casa E Cose June 11, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I prefer buying online mostly cause i find so much more diversity and also of course due to the little time I have going shopping. Also going shopping these days is stressful…too many people and too much of Zara, HM and so forth. Prefer supporting smaller brands and preferably organic / sustainable.
    Soo pretty the shop you are featuring! A great find!

• Reply Natalie June 11, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Those two cushions are rather lovely, as are the two jugs. A tough decision!

• Reply Katja/ Neovia house June 11, 2013 at 3:19 pm

For me shopping on-line or in-person really depends on the items I am looking for. Fabrics and textiles are still difficult to shop on-line, despite accurate pictures. You don’t get the right “feel” of the fabric..if it is heavy or light, how it falls etc…Smaller decorating items on the other hand are easy to shop on-line, you pretty much get the idea through pictures…like the nro 9, white pitcher in your post. Just love the style and soft white color!

• Reply Anne Marie Jackson Pattern Occurring June 11, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Thanks for reminding me of Abigail Borg with the cushions. Don’t you think her designs are like a modern William Morris?

• Reply Eva @ Four Leaf Clover June 11, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I love those pillows! What lovely, simple accents to add to a room!

• Reply rach June 11, 2013 at 7:13 pm

I love shopping online. In person is great but I find things online that I never would have otherwise!

• Reply Pia Sabine June 11, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Love you´r blog! Lucky me that I just found it ;OD

Pia Sabine

• Reply Sue Schlabach June 11, 2013 at 9:11 pm

I prefer to buy in person when I can, but there are some online shops that are inspiring and exciting, so I shop there too. Given the choice I’d go in person, but I haven’t figured out how to be in two places at once just yet.

I love the Louise Wilkinson dishes and the blue patterned vase…but I’m also a sucker for printed paper lanterns.

• Reply Teters Art June 11, 2013 at 9:51 pm

These pillows offer some lovely ideas for paintings…

• Reply Lina @ GGBG Style June 12, 2013 at 12:27 am

I am getting some of those cute lace baskets. They are absolutely adorable.

• Reply Ruthie June 12, 2013 at 9:17 am

What a fantastic shop! I’ve bookmarked several things for a later date.

I’ve always loved shopping but can’t say I prefer one kind of shopping over another. I find that many online shops offer a variety of products that I wouldn’t be able to find at my local shops or on the high street. That’s a wonderful advantage of the internet, it opens up the world and all there is to buy in it! As for high street shopping, I enjoy just browsing, being able to handle items and getting a good cup of coffee when I’m wandering around. I love doing both!

• Reply FrauSchmitt June 12, 2013 at 10:18 am

Wow, what a fab shop. I love the owl jars and I think I need some of this chalk paint.

• Reply Joanna Maya June 12, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I have recently come across your blog and I love it! It looks so fresh and it feels so cosy! And of course, browsing through all these beautiful photos – it all makes me feel sooo good;-)

• Reply Ashley Pahl June 12, 2013 at 4:19 pm

What a pretty shop! The photography makes it feel like we’re there in person. I really love that teal cushion and fluted jug. Thanks for sharing this find!

• Reply Aileen@AtHomeinLove June 12, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Ooh these are all so lovely! My faves are the lace baskets and white fluted pitcher. As for online shopping vs in person, I think each have their place. When I need to find something specific for a good deal, I prefer online because you can so quickly browse a lot of different places and search for that particular thing. If I’m just shopping for inspiration and fun, I definitely prefer in person. I love getting inspired by unique shop displays!

• Reply merri cvetan June 13, 2013 at 1:33 am

The best things about shopping on-line (OK, one of the best things) is finding unique and unusual items you could never find at a local shop.

• Reply Emma Wheeler June 18, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I am lucky enough to live within walking distance of the 3 shops that make up Rigby and Mac….its very dangerous going in them in person…at least i can exert a little more self control online..

• Reply online shopping June 26, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Really a nice online shop. all the products are very nice.thanks for sharing