Simple Times: Explore More

Hello sweet readers! It’s Rincy again, and I am so happy to be back to share in a few images and thoughts for my Simple Times column on decor8. In less than a month, a few of my close (and sweetest) friends are off to start a new adventure in a different country. Yes, they are relocating. While trying to lengthen out minutes is proving to be an impossible feat, making the most of exploring the Irish countryside before their departure is faring a little easier.

Simple Times: Be a Tourist Where You Live

Between the floral trimmed greenery paths, the quiet still that comes near large bodies of water and the conversations that only come with spending too much time in such an environment- it is those aimless walks that are always our most favorite memories.

Simple Times: Be a Tourist Where You Live

Simple Times: Be a Tourist Where You Live

Simple Times: Be a Tourist Where You Live

Simple Times: Be a Tourist Where You Live

Simple Times: Be a Tourist Where You Live

I’m not sure why it takes a friend/visitor to get me exploring my own city but I’m thankful for the push at times. I’ve found that sometimes it’s the most aimless walks that lead to the most wonderful discoveries. We have to explore a little more, don’t you think?

I’m curious now, when was the last time you explored your city/countryside/village like a visitor? What did you do? Can you tell us some of your favorite things about where you live in case someone reading may want to explore where you live? – Rincy

(images/text: rincy koshy)

Posted by decor8 in Simple Times on June 26, 2013

1. safeer sha commented
    June 26th, 2013 at 12:52pm

I like it

2. Holly {Avenue} commented
    June 26th, 2013 at 1:07pm

I love your words, your heart and your spirit Rincy. This post is making me want to book a getaway to come visit you in Ireland! x
    Holly {Avenue}´s last blog post ..The Bare Bulb

3. Marjory commented
    June 26th, 2013 at 1:48pm

Gorgeous post. Beautiful landscapes! Yes, often the most aimless walks yield the most amazing experiences. Mindful, spontaneous, free, what is not to love? The perfect mindset to find beauty or let beauty melt your heart. :)
    Marjory´s last blog post ..An architecture of flow. An architecture of the feminine

4. Sarah commented
    June 26th, 2013 at 8:23pm

The idea of being a “tourist” in your own city is something I really love. It always amazes me how when guests come to visit you fall in love with your city all over again and see places you’ve forgotten. Thanks for sharing, your pictures are lovely and very inspiring :)

5. Aidel.K commented
    June 26th, 2013 at 9:25pm

Yes, I agree. I realized on my last two trips that aspects I most enjoyed away from home are here in abundance. It’s so good to go outside and walk.

6. Carrie commented
    June 27th, 2013 at 12:08am

I have just returned this evening from 3 days up the coast an hour on holiday. I was staying just outside Bushmills and went hiking all over the countryside around the Giant’s Causeway. It felt amazing to be somewhere so familiar but from a different angle. I love my country and love to explore it even when I think I know it so well. :)

7. Vero Palazzo commented
    June 27th, 2013 at 3:21am

The last time I felt like a visitor was in San Antonio de Areco, a great town in teh argentine pampas, about 100 km from Buenos Aires. It is a relax beautiful town and together with my southafrican cousin and my husband, the three of us enjoyed a lot the day there!
    Vero Palazzo´s last blog post ..Boheme Love

8. topa commented
    June 27th, 2013 at 4:03pm

I am exploring my hometown a lot lately. This is so much fun and you get to see the most interesting and beautiful things when you’re not in a hurry. I also love taking pictures, so walking and photography is a perfect match for me. I am glad I started blogging a few months ago (also about my walkings), so that also kinda forces me to leave the desk. ;-)
    topa´s last blog post ..searching for sugar man – turns of an artist’s life

9. Lauren Hay commented
    June 28th, 2013 at 1:03am

I’ve not explored my own town in ages! But I plan to when my friend moves up here for Uni. My town is pretty cool because it has a heap of cliffs that you can walk around about, a surrounded practically by forests, beaches which you can walk along and then over a heap of rock pools, and it also has a castle which i still need to go up to… (Dunattor Castle if you want to know). But my town can be quite beautiful at times, just need to re-experience it!

Lauren Hay´s last blog post ..Follow Frenzy- Honeybelle

10. Camila commented
    July 11th, 2013 at 6:59pm

Hello, I’m from Brasil and I just need say you that I love your country! I wish I could visit this magical place someday. Sorry about my English, I hope I make me understood..

11. Sarah O commented
    July 30th, 2013 at 9:39pm

Hello Rincy, thank you for sharing your wonderful photos and gentle thoughts on the Irish countryside and Hungary. I am Irish and live in beautiful Sligo on the west coast. I am a tourist every day, if being a tourist means being uplifted and carried along by what I behold, in my case it is the beauty and bounty provided by mother nature, in the ocean, mountains, flowers and grasses, butterflies and birds and the ever changing sky of the Sligo coast. I sense from your words that I could get the same delight in Budapest and look forward to visiting there some day.