8 Fave DIY Ideas for July

Hello friends! I hope that you are doing good this week! I was thinking lately about how much we all love a good DIY project so why not round up some of my favorite here once a month that I find elsewhere online. Here are my 10 favorite DIY projects of the moment for July. To find complete how-to instructions and more photos for that project, click on the link below each photo. And you have a great DIY project from your blog that you made yourself, please share the link in the comments section below so that I can check it out and maybe feature it in the future.

8 Fave DIY Projects for July

1. DIY striped rug pillows from Martha Stewart – great look for summer and this is such an easy project, too!

8 Fave DIY Projects for July

2. How to paint a concrete floor from Vintage Revivals. This is helpful – especially since so many people have concreate lurking below shag carpets and never really thought about the affordable options – like simply painting the concrete and adding throw rugs for warmth in the winter.

8 Fave DIY Projects for July

3. DIY painted paper flowers for a handmade flower tree from Oh Happy Day. Really sweet idea.

8 Fave DIY Projects for July

4. Make your own paper lanterns from AO at Home. These are cute for a summer party on the patio.

8 Fave DIY Projects for July

5. Modernize your china with neon spray paint (or any color that strikes your fancy!) from Shop Sweet Things. I’ve had this on my Pinterest board forever but never tried it though I went out and bought the spray paint and everything last year when I first saw it! ha ha!

8 Fave DIY Projects for July

6. DIY nail and wall art - spell your favorite words from Jen Loves Kev. This has been around for awhile but still a favorite.

8 Fave DIY Projects for July

7. How to make a giant confetti wall by Beco Orpin (taken from her book). This would be great for a party! You could also try it with different patterns or even wallpaper or leather pieces (silvered leather would be pretty).

8 Fave DIY Projects for July

8. DIY clay feathers from 100 Layer Cake. You can hang these in front of your window or tie them to napkins on the dinner table.

Would you try any of these at home? Which ones? I’d like to try the painted flowers – those look so pretty!

(images linked to their sources above.)

Posted by decor8 in diy on July 10, 2013

1. Alicia@ A Syncopated Home commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 1:50pm

Great round-up of ideas! I’m having a little picnic this weekend. Maybe I’ll try the cute paper lanterns!
    Alicia@ A Syncopated Home´s last blog post ..A Syncopated Wedding Part II: Stationery

2. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 2:31pm

LOVE a good DIY project, right now it is my house. I am painting the walls back to white and hanging lots of my wall hooks, finished the bathroom, and lost more, in beentween I carry on working as the studio is the house, so my keyboard is sort of white right now haha…will send you photos of my house when done! nice day.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..CUSTOMER’S IDEAS AND SPACES

3. Kertu commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 2:57pm

Lovely page you have here!
    Here’s my most successful DIY project of all time :)

4. Artifact Uprising commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 3:30pm

LOVE this Holly!! pretty much swooning over those clay feathers.

5. Sandra commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 4:28pm

Nice ideas! I would also try the painted paper flowers – they look so friendly.
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Die schöne Midgard

6. Amanda commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 4:28pm

I can’t wait to be at this stage in our house build and create pretty DIY items rather than the massive renovation task that we are currently undertaking during this July heatwave. I love those paper flowers and the paper lanterns will be definitely adding these to our home soon.
    Amanda´s last blog post ..Living with no water in your bathroom for a month!

7. Shannon Callarman commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 4:30pm

My favorite! Very simple. I like how you can mix up the colors and words.

8. Susan Serra commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 4:31pm

Great ideas! Here’s a tip – Do you have glass cabinet doors in your kitchen? Paint the back wall of the cabinet a color – raspberry, gold, a neutral, anything for a happy change of pace. Afraid to paint it? Paint a piece of wood or paper cut to size and transform the kitchen!

9. petal and plume commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 4:39pm

the loveliest of diys! thank you very much!
    xx

10. Christine commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 5:02pm

I can’t decide which is my favourite, they’re all such great!
    I made a version of the DIY nail and wall art last year without having seen the cool design of Jen and Kev’s. You can check it out here: http://www.littlehouseonthecorner.com/pin-and-thread-art/
    I’ll definitely be trying out some of the other amazing ideas!
    Christine´s last blog post ..One Goes Up And One Goes Down

11. Emelie @florainspiro commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 6:59pm

What a great idea with this new DIY serie/column! I really like the pillows. They looks perfect for a summer cottage.
    My latest DIY was a vase made from a globe shade, almost too easy ;) // Emelie
    Emelie @florainspiro´s last blog post ..Spark Plugs

12. das tuten der schiffe commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 7:10pm

i totally love the confetti- and the featheridea.
    das tuten der schiffe´s last blog post ..easyest-peasyest DIY – they call it altglas

13. Marjory commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 8:43pm

Lovely flowers and lanterns!
    Marjory´s last blog post ..The sensual spiritual bathroom, a sacred space of flow

14. Amy@TheBlissfulBee commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 8:50pm

So much wonderful inspiration! Love this!!

xo
    amy

Amy@TheBlissfulBee´s last blog post ..Work it Wednesday No. 5

15. Jorey Hurley commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 9:12pm

This is such a good assortment of projects!

16. Megan T commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 9:40pm

Ugh, I literally just painted a concrete floor over the weekend and wish I had that tutorial!! I ended up figuring it out on my own but it surely would have saved me some time and effort. Ya live, ya learn.

17. Susan commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:03pm

Loving all of those art projects-especially the nail art- reminds me of ones we did as kids in summer camp! I spent the 4th of July weekend at a friend’s seaside cottage on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, and I transformed her coffee table- I hope you like it! http://countrydesignhome.com/2013/07/07/a-whale-of-a-weekend/
    Susan´s last blog post ..A Whale of a Weekend!

18. Kathi commented
    July 10th, 2013 at 11:23pm

Love all of them! Wish I had more time.. Hopefully in the near future :)

19. Kristin Johnsen commented
    July 11th, 2013 at 12:13am

I LOVE the confetti idea! And of course the paper lanterns…I’m gonna try confetti on a wall in my art space!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..Circuitous road to Pink and Gray

20. Suzi commented
    July 11th, 2013 at 1:32am

Great post, loving the confetti wall, I have the perfect occasion and spot to try this! :) I’m a huge fan of DIY! Some of my projects can be found here https://suzikcreative.wordpress.com/category/diy/
    Thanks for the lovely ideas.

21. Marina Klima Goldberg commented
    July 11th, 2013 at 1:37am

I like the lanterns. We have many parties this summer. Thank you

22. brisbane sandstone commented
    July 11th, 2013 at 3:52am

What a beautiful DIY ideas here. Love to try that painted paper flowers as well. Thanks for the great share!

23. Eva De Geyter commented
    July 11th, 2013 at 10:24am

Gotta love a touch of neon! We went a lil crazy with spray paint and tried it out on an old hairbrush, a table AND a vase!

Check it out! http://poppinette.com/2013/07/a-touch-of-neon/
    Eva De Geyter´s last blog post ..A touch of neon

24. Miss Papote commented
    July 11th, 2013 at 11:29am

Thank you for these nice ideas!! I really like the one with nails and yarn… I’m going to try it as soon as possible!! Maybe today!!

25. Inge commented
    July 11th, 2013 at 1:06pm

Oh wow, the big confetti is a great DIY-idea for a birthday party! I’ll have to keep that in mind for December when our son turns 3, I think that would be great to use big confetti as decoration against our walls. :-) Thanks for the inspiration Holly!
    Inge´s last blog post ..My travels: la douce Provence

26. Kate commented
    July 11th, 2013 at 8:18pm

I love the rug pillows and the feathers.
    Kate´s last blog post ..For Leather Shorts

27. Christa Threlfall (@BrownSugarToast) commented
    July 11th, 2013 at 9:30pm

Love the clay feathers! Would love to make those into a necklace!!
    Here’s a DIY project I made that my readers seemed to love:

Thanks for letting me share!
    Christa Threlfall (@BrownSugarToast)´s last blog post ..My ABC Bible Verses :: book review

28. Erin commented
    July 12th, 2013 at 6:20am

I love Jeanne’s take on modernizing China! I wish I was more of a DIYer because I adore that confetti wall. You’re right, it would be great as a photo backdrop!

xx Erin

29. Kenneth Bordewick commented
    July 12th, 2013 at 1:52pm

I just loved it. A good DIY project, right now it is my house. I myself like to painting the walls back to white and hanging lots of my wall hooks, finished the bathroom, etc.

30. Aileen@AtHomeinLove commented
    July 13th, 2013 at 1:24am

Love these! I recently made a splatter paint Popsicle stick runner for an “about to pop” themed baby shower. It turned out so cute and was really fun, easy and cheap to make. I’d love if you check it out and possibly include it in a future round-up! http://www.athomeinlove.com/diy-splatter-paint-popsicle-stick-runner/
    Aileen@AtHomeinLove´s last blog post ..Lavender and Mint

31. maria at inredningsvis commented
    July 13th, 2013 at 10:26pm

LOVE this post:) your blog Is always so inspiring in every way.

If you want to see some cute blue colored decor…Check out my blog:)

Have a wonderful day dear

LOVE Maria
    (Sweden)

32. angie commented
    July 14th, 2013 at 10:24pm

loving these diy’s! esp anything with a pop of color like the painted china (done that before and it turns out awesome!!) and the confetti wall (would be great to use pain chips!!)
    angie´s last blog post ..vacay week {obx}

33. Lilli commented
    July 17th, 2013 at 3:06pm

I love the paper lanterns! But our patio is not ready yet. So in the meantime I’m doing some DIY with concrete (http://19mal6.wordpress.com/2013/07/17/diy-beton-ii/) and check your blog for inspiration :)

thanks for sharing!
    Lilli´s last blog post ..DIY Beton II

34. Kris commented
    July 19th, 2013 at 1:32pm

The Clay feathers are my favourite in this list. Thank you for sharing.
    Kris´s last blog post ..Choosing the Best Conservatory Furniture

35. Carole Poirot commented
    July 19th, 2013 at 5:27pm

Thanks so much for sharing my lantern garland (number 4), it’s in really good company with all the other lovely projects. Have a great weekend x

36. Carole Poirot commented
    July 19th, 2013 at 5:30pm

Sorry, forgot to mention that I’m the “crafts contributor” for AO at Home :-)

37. Ankit Dhadwal commented
    July 21st, 2013 at 10:54am

very nicely done and colors used are amazing. Nicely shown and made blended with perfect colors…. :)