DIY

8 Fave DIY Ideas for July

July 10, 2013

Hello friends! I hope that you are doing good this week! I was thinking lately about how much we all love a good DIY project so why not round up some of my favorite here once a month that I find elsewhere online. Here are my 10 favorite DIY projects of the moment for July. To find complete how-to instructions and more photos for that project, click on the link below each photo. And you have a great DIY project from your blog that you made yourself, please share the link in the comments section below so that I can check it out and maybe feature it in the future.

8 Fave DIY Ideas for July

1. DIY striped rug pillows from Martha Stewart – great look for summer and this is such an easy project, too!

8 Fave DIY Ideas for July

2. How to paint a concrete floor from Vintage Revivals. This is helpful – especially since so many people have concreate lurking below shag carpets and never really thought about the affordable options – like simply painting the concrete and adding throw rugs for warmth in the winter.

8 Fave DIY Ideas for July

3. DIY painted paper flowers for a handmade flower tree from Oh Happy Day. Really sweet idea.

8 Fave DIY Ideas for July

4. Make your own paper lanterns from AO at Home. These are cute for a summer party on the patio.

8 Fave DIY Ideas for July

5. Modernize your china with neon spray paint (or any color that strikes your fancy!) from Shop Sweet Things. I’ve had this on my Pinterest board forever but never tried it though I went out and bought the spray paint and everything last year when I first saw it! ha ha!

8 Fave DIY Ideas for July

6. DIY nail and wall art – spell your favorite words from Jen Loves Kev. This has been around for awhile but still a favorite.

8 Fave DIY Ideas for July

7. How to make a giant confetti wall by Beco Orpin (taken from her book). This would be great for a party! You could also try it with different patterns or even wallpaper or leather pieces (silvered leather would be pretty).

8 Fave DIY Ideas for July

8. DIY clay feathers from 100 Layer Cake. You can hang these in front of your window or tie them to napkins on the dinner table.

Would you try any of these at home? Which ones? I’d like to try the painted flowers – those look so pretty!

(images linked to their sources above.)

You Might Also Like

37 Comments

• Reply Alicia@ A Syncopated Home July 10, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Great round-up of ideas! I’m having a little picnic this weekend. Maybe I’ll try the cute paper lanterns!

• Reply Margarita Lorenzo July 10, 2013 at 2:31 pm

LOVE a good DIY project, right now it is my house. I am painting the walls back to white and hanging lots of my wall hooks, finished the bathroom, and lost more, in beentween I carry on working as the studio is the house, so my keyboard is sort of white right now haha…will send you photos of my house when done! nice day.

• Reply Kertu July 10, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Lovely page you have here!
    Here’s my most successful DIY project of all time :)

• Reply Artifact Uprising July 10, 2013 at 3:30 pm

LOVE this Holly!! pretty much swooning over those clay feathers.

• Reply Sandra July 10, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Nice ideas! I would also try the painted paper flowers – they look so friendly.

• Reply Amanda July 10, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I can’t wait to be at this stage in our house build and create pretty DIY items rather than the massive renovation task that we are currently undertaking during this July heatwave. I love those paper flowers and the paper lanterns will be definitely adding these to our home soon.

• Reply Shannon Callarman July 10, 2013 at 4:30 pm

My favorite! Very simple. I like how you can mix up the colors and words.

• Reply Susan Serra July 10, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Great ideas! Here’s a tip – Do you have glass cabinet doors in your kitchen? Paint the back wall of the cabinet a color – raspberry, gold, a neutral, anything for a happy change of pace. Afraid to paint it? Paint a piece of wood or paper cut to size and transform the kitchen!

• Reply petal and plume July 10, 2013 at 4:39 pm

the loveliest of diys! thank you very much!
    xx

• Reply Christine July 10, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I can’t decide which is my favourite, they’re all such great!
    I made a version of the DIY nail and wall art last year without having seen the cool design of Jen and Kev’s. You can check it out here: http://www.littlehouseonthecorner.com/pin-and-thread-art/
    I’ll definitely be trying out some of the other amazing ideas!

• Reply Emelie @florainspiro July 10, 2013 at 6:59 pm

What a great idea with this new DIY serie/column! I really like the pillows. They looks perfect for a summer cottage.
    My latest DIY was a vase made from a globe shade, almost too easy ;) // Emelie

• Reply das tuten der schiffe July 10, 2013 at 7:10 pm

i totally love the confetti- and the featheridea.

• Reply Marjory July 10, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Lovely flowers and lanterns!

• Reply Amy@TheBlissfulBee July 10, 2013 at 8:50 pm

So much wonderful inspiration! Love this!!

xo
    amy

• Reply Jorey Hurley July 10, 2013 at 9:12 pm

This is such a good assortment of projects!

• Reply Megan T July 10, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Ugh, I literally just painted a concrete floor over the weekend and wish I had that tutorial!! I ended up figuring it out on my own but it surely would have saved me some time and effort. Ya live, ya learn.

• Reply Susan July 10, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Loving all of those art projects-especially the nail art- reminds me of ones we did as kids in summer camp! I spent the 4th of July weekend at a friend’s seaside cottage on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, and I transformed her coffee table- I hope you like it! http://countrydesignhome.com/2013/07/07/a-whale-of-a-weekend/

• Reply Kathi July 10, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Love all of them! Wish I had more time.. Hopefully in the near future :)

• Reply Kristin Johnsen July 11, 2013 at 12:13 am

I LOVE the confetti idea! And of course the paper lanterns…I’m gonna try confetti on a wall in my art space!!! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Suzi July 11, 2013 at 1:32 am

Great post, loving the confetti wall, I have the perfect occasion and spot to try this! :) I’m a huge fan of DIY! Some of my projects can be found here https://suzikcreative.wordpress.com/category/diy/
    Thanks for the lovely ideas.

• Reply Marina Klima Goldberg July 11, 2013 at 1:37 am

I like the lanterns. We have many parties this summer. Thank you

• Reply brisbane sandstone July 11, 2013 at 3:52 am

What a beautiful DIY ideas here. Love to try that painted paper flowers as well. Thanks for the great share!

• Reply Eva De Geyter July 11, 2013 at 10:24 am

Gotta love a touch of neon! We went a lil crazy with spray paint and tried it out on an old hairbrush, a table AND a vase!

Check it out! http://poppinette.com/2013/07/a-touch-of-neon/

• Reply Miss Papote July 11, 2013 at 11:29 am

Thank you for these nice ideas!! I really like the one with nails and yarn… I’m going to try it as soon as possible!! Maybe today!!

• Reply Inge July 11, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Oh wow, the big confetti is a great DIY-idea for a birthday party! I’ll have to keep that in mind for December when our son turns 3, I think that would be great to use big confetti as decoration against our walls. :-) Thanks for the inspiration Holly!

• Reply Kate July 11, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I love the rug pillows and the feathers.

• Reply Christa Threlfall (@BrownSugarToast) July 11, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Love the clay feathers! Would love to make those into a necklace!!
    Here’s a DIY project I made that my readers seemed to love:

Thanks for letting me share!

• Reply Erin July 12, 2013 at 6:20 am

I love Jeanne’s take on modernizing China! I wish I was more of a DIYer because I adore that confetti wall. You’re right, it would be great as a photo backdrop!

xx Erin

• Reply Kenneth Bordewick July 12, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I just loved it. A good DIY project, right now it is my house. I myself like to painting the walls back to white and hanging lots of my wall hooks, finished the bathroom, etc.

• Reply Aileen@AtHomeinLove July 13, 2013 at 1:24 am

Love these! I recently made a splatter paint Popsicle stick runner for an “about to pop” themed baby shower. It turned out so cute and was really fun, easy and cheap to make. I’d love if you check it out and possibly include it in a future round-up! http://www.athomeinlove.com/diy-splatter-paint-popsicle-stick-runner/

• Reply maria at inredningsvis July 13, 2013 at 10:26 pm

LOVE this post:) your blog Is always so inspiring in every way.

If you want to see some cute blue colored decor…Check out my blog:)

Have a wonderful day dear

LOVE Maria
    (Sweden)

• Reply angie July 14, 2013 at 10:24 pm

loving these diy’s! esp anything with a pop of color like the painted china (done that before and it turns out awesome!!) and the confetti wall (would be great to use pain chips!!)

• Reply Lilli July 17, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I love the paper lanterns! But our patio is not ready yet. So in the meantime I’m doing some DIY with concrete (http://19mal6.wordpress.com/2013/07/17/diy-beton-ii/) and check your blog for inspiration :)

thanks for sharing!

• Reply Kris July 19, 2013 at 1:32 pm

The Clay feathers are my favourite in this list. Thank you for sharing.

• Reply Carole Poirot July 19, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Thanks so much for sharing my lantern garland (number 4), it’s in really good company with all the other lovely projects. Have a great weekend x

• Reply Carole Poirot July 19, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention that I’m the “crafts contributor” for AO at Home :-)

• Reply Ankit Dhadwal July 21, 2013 at 10:54 am

very nicely done and colors used are amazing. Nicely shown and made blended with perfect colors…. :)