Sea-weathered Venice Bungalow

July 10, 2013

I was so pleasantly surprised by this unique little sea-weathered bungalow in Venice, CA that ran today on the FvonF site belonging to Diana García and Greg Rogove. You simply must click here to see the full story, but here is tiny sneak peek below. I’m always struck by how some homes, being absolutely opposite of my personal style, still attract me so much and make me feel unbelievably cozy and at home. Do you find this occasionally  too? I’m guessing specific things speak to me that are very much a part of my signature style – white walls, glass, lots of light and items collected from travels.

Sea weathered Venice Bungalow

Greg is a musician and Diana is a both a film-maker and artist and it shows in how they live – surrounded by so many creative objects that speak to their love of story telling. I especially thought Greg’s background was so fascinating… He grew up in Amish Country in Pennsylvania, then went to India during his final year in high school, then he returned to the states, “I went back to the States for college and then to New York City. I started touring and was traveling a lot. Cuba, China, Mexico. Making a home wherever I was became second nature. But then after all that I fell in love with Los Angeles. I fell in love because of Venice. Because of Diana.” How sweet. But it gets better. When Diana first met Greg she says, “When I first saw him I knew he was my husband.” Aw, I melt. You can feel their love in their home, which I think is really what I love most about this space.

Sea weathered Venice Bungalow

Sea weathered Venice Bungalow

Sea weathered Venice Bungalow

Sea weathered Venice Bungalow

Sea weathered Venice Bungalow

Sea weathered Venice Bungalow

And seriously, how cute is her outfit and haircut? So cute.

PSST: If you live in southern California, look out for their new restaurant on Abbot Kinney that will be called, “Another Kind of Sunshine”.

(Photography: Ana Hop for FvonF)

You Might Also Like

• Reply mel July 10, 2013 at 11:45 am

I’d love to wonder around this home it looks like it tells a thousand stories. And yes, I thought the same about her outfit and hair!

• Reply pauline July 10, 2013 at 11:53 am

I am always impressed by how some people manage to make their collections look stylishly curated rather than cluttered!!

• Reply Monica Lee July 10, 2013 at 12:43 pm

You are so right about her hair…I am growing mine to this length. I might have to save this photo, haha!

• Reply Anne Farrell July 10, 2013 at 12:54 pm

This is such a gorgeous place. I want to point at every little thing saying “I love that and I love that and I love THAT!”

• Reply fifi July 10, 2013 at 1:30 pm

agreed about the dress! any ideas where its from??

• Reply Chi chi Furniture July 11, 2013 at 12:39 pm

This home is a fabulous story book – so inviting and homely. From the characteristic furniture to the photos on the wall – I could spend ages here – its fascinating and as said above it’s all so stylish and doesn’t appear cluttered at all. A proper ‘home’.

• Reply Interior Designer Meerut July 11, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Great design, i am ever impress with your collection i.e. posted here… again great post…

Aasif Interior

• Reply Vanessa July 11, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I love this look. Everything just seems to fit together effortlessly. Very inspiring!

• Reply Marjory July 11, 2013 at 8:42 pm

This artistic home is so adorable! Love its warmth :)

• Reply REO July 31, 2013 at 4:02 pm

So inspiring and stylish what a cute couple :) I’m an artist too so I can totally relate to her style. Oh yeah and I’m so jealous–LA (I know the exact spot Abbot street cause I’ve been there) wish I could visit!