Really Good News: Recent Press & Consulting Gigs

Hello everyone! I thought today I’d kick off the new week with a Really Good News post, a column I started back in April where I occasionally share some really good news related to my life, business, books, consulting, etc. It encourages and inspires me to share what I’m to and I hope it also inspires you to keep working on your projects and to never give up!

All, Decor - April 2013, TURKEY

So, I thought I’d start with how great it was back in April when my home was on the cover of the popular Turkish interiors mag, All Decor! They also did a huge piece on my home so that was just the best! I loved having my home make a magazine cover – very inspiring to me!

Nobilis, March 2013 GERMANY

Another great thing happened – and during my birthday month of March! I landed the cover in my own city, Hannover, where I was the cover girl of a regional magazine called Nobilis with the words, “This lady sets trends!”. The reporter came by my home for an interview and she did a lovely write-up inside about my work and books. Another massive gold star for me because having my face on a magazine cover was another first. I got loads of press opportunities from this cover – including multiple television appearance offers and so much more. It was a riot walking by newsstands seeing my face on display!

Inside Out, April 2013 AUSTRALIA

Inside Out, April 2013 AUSTRALIA

I was also profiled recently in one of my favorite interiors magazines, Inside Out, based in Australia in their April 2013 issue. What an honor!

Where Woman Create, Volume 2

Where Woman Create, Volume 2

I’ve been writing a column for the new business magazine in America, Where Woman Create Business, published by Jo Packham and Stampington. My column covers blogging and they give me about 4-6 pages per issue to delve into blogging and explore some of the stuff that I know lots of people are curious about when it comes to blogging as a business. Here’s the most recent issue, Volume 2, shown above for a little peek. You can buy the magazine at most fine book stores on the newsstand (like Barnes & Noble) or online here.

Kurier newspaper, July 20, 2013, AUSTRIA

Kurier newspaper, July 20, 2013, AUSTRIA

This past weekend, an Austrian newspaper, Kurier, ran a 4 page full color spread about me and my books. This was a wonderful surprise. Thank you Andreas for setting this up!

CANON

I was hired to work for Canon Europe on a massive advertising campaign that will run this summer all over Europe, UK, Middle East and Russia in magazines and newspapers. Above is a peek  of one that recently ran in Austria. I show how I display photos in my own home along with photography tips and ideas. It was such a fun campaign to work on and the compensation package was amazing – I am really proud of myself for landing this gig!

I also did some styling work for a German magazine called ARD Buffet which was published earlier this summer, found out that my second book Decorate Workshop, made the bestseller’s list in Germany and will now be available in 6 editions – including Danish, and today I will be doing some consulting for a massive company in America via Skype on how they can better work with bloggers. Given that this “company” is worth around $65 Billion, I’d say that myself and my colleagues (fellow bloggers Paul Lowe, Bri Emery and Victoria Smith) have quite a task ahead.

I also have a meeting with the team from Mollie Makes later this week – they are flying to Hannover to meet with me about a project we’re working on together  - fun times ahead!  I’m also still working on my 3rd book with Leslie Shewring, it is due to turn in by the end of the summer so we’re both in panic/rush mode now, but very happy with the outcome so far and we know you’ll love it.

I have more news to reveal but I’ll save it for another post – perhaps in early August. I can’t wait to talk about another big project that I recently took on, including another book that I’m involved in with a crew of other bloggers – it looks sooooo good!

xo, Holly

Posted by decor8 in Really Good News on July 22, 2013

1. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 2:30pm

such exciting news.
    congratulations holly – well deserved!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..A Stylish Living Space

2. Desiree commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 2:45pm

Oh my that’s a long list and a great post with all these screenshots. It is hard to remember sometimes all the things that come on our bloggerpaths, being it a a huge highway like hours or either a country road :)

What I do find strange though is that even though we know online magazines and blogs are booming business , we all are excited with seeing ourselves in the printed press. Weither it is a big, small or.local magazine..

I know you once said that a book will always be there and yes that’s true ofcourse but what I mean to say is Are we ourselves still convinced as well that the printed press and magazines are the real thing!

3. Holly Baumgartner commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 3:09pm

Good for you ;-). Do you EVER sleep?

4. Holly {Avenue} commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 3:25pm

How you do it all, I do not know. But you are an inspiration, Holly.
    Holly {Avenue}´s last blog post ..First Book Project for Avenue Lifestyle!

5. Gwen commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 3:47pm

wonderful work, holly! congrats!
    Gwen´s last blog post ..Xander’s Room

6. Marjory commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 4:15pm

Love to see your beautiful work spreading. Wonderful news Holly, congratulations! xo
    Marjory´s last blog post ..Through the landscape of home & heart

7. decor8 commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 4:24pm

@Desiree: online press is great – my last “really good news” post was all about the bloggers who wrote about me – I was so happy to highlight them! As for print press, it’s great to reach new markets in their own language and gain exposure there, plus you can keep a mag or book that you are in for years. I don’t see online press as any less than print press, both are the same to me just in different ways.

8. Lauren Martin commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 5:21pm

Just started following your blog on Bloglovin’ so I can keep up with it all. This article was the first I chose to read and I’m so happy I did! I’ve been blogging for a while now just for fun but hope it turns into something more one day. This inspires me to keep working at it! Thanks~!
    xo Lauren Jade

9. Louise - 30s Magazine commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 5:50pm

Congrats on all projects and press mentions! I like your good news blog posts and how you make a list of your accomplishments
    Louise – 30s Magazine´s last blog post ..Freshly picked

10. Christine commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 6:45pm

Very exciting news!! Congratulations!!

I have the the inside out issue that Wini brought for me from Australia.
    We met at the BYW class, and we met in person for the very first time a week ago in NYC while she was here on vacation.
    Christine´s last blog post ..A One-Day Makeover With Secrets From An Interior Designer

11. Brittni commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 6:48pm

Congrats on all the recent features, Holly. The cover photo on All Decor, of your home, is my favorite. Your home is gorgeous.
    Brittni´s last blog post ..New! Online Course: Everything you Need to Know to Create Share-Worthy Tutorials

12. Riley Stewart commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 7:02pm

Such an inspiration to us all! Thanks for the update! Keep moving forward!

13. Salma commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 7:53pm

Congratulations,, wonderful :)

14. Bee commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 8:09pm

Congrats, Holly! It’s great to see occasional updates about your projects outside of the blog. This post is also a great reminder for people to stop and take a look back at their recent accomplishments. It’s nice to celebrate the milestones in your life along the way, whether big or small. Can’t wait to learn more about your upcoming projects!

15. sue commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 8:24pm

fantastic, many congratulations
    sue´s last blog post ..The beach is calling

16. Rincy K commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 8:58pm

LOVE. Keep shining bright you gorgeous being! :)
    Rincy K´s last blog post ..Evening skies

17. Emily @ The Em Dash commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 9:19pm

Congrats!!!! All of this is so exciting!

And I must say that I’m smitten with the pink rug in your home. Beautious!
    Emily @ The Em Dash´s last blog post ..Deep Thoughts: A dancing nihilist, night witches and a grand room reveal

18. Desiree commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 9:39pm

@decor8: you’re definately making a point there with the ‘ in their own language’ Thanks!
    Desiree´s last blog post ..When concrete meets wood | stylist Amanda Rodriques

19. Sarah Seung commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 10:03pm

Hi Holly,

Amazing is an understatement. Congratulations on all your breathe-taking accomplishments. You are truly my blue print for having an authentic, creative, and authentic career! I’m going through a blog redesign now (after taking BYW) and your accomplishments really inspire me to push through. Thanks for sharing:))

Sarah Seung
    Sarah Seung´s last blog post ..I’ve Moved

20. Emily commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 10:51pm

What a fabulous selection of good news! You are always inspiring me with all that you do and achieve. I love that you keep things fresh and moving, and push yourself to achieve the next thing.
    Have a wonderful week xx
    Emily´s last blog post ..Photography: connecting and inspiring

21. tracy porter commented
    July 22nd, 2013 at 10:55pm

HOLLY!!
    YAY!! What fun and truly well deserved goodness!! This is such a happy day for you..and fabulous fun for us to hear of all this delightful news!! Bravo sister! So darn proud of you…and grateful that you continue to inspire so many people around the world…amazing + awesome!! Keep staying true to yourself sweetness….doors will just keep on opening!!! Love watching and cheering you on!! HOORAYY!!
    Cheers, love and kisses from the meadows and mountains!!
    xx,
    Tracy

22. mel commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 2:31am

Congratulations Holly, really wonderful stuff happening for you. You work so hard and create beauty everywhere so it’s no wonder people caught on! Mel x
    mel´s last blog post ..An Interview with Bea Johnson, Author of Zero Waste Home

23. Karla commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 4:18am

Holly, your work is so beautiful and uplifting-you are such an inspiration. Keep doing your thing, and thank you for sharing!

You are appreciated

24. Melissa commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 5:15am

Hi Holly,

I actually learned of your site in that issue of Inside Out! I have been enjoying reading through all your past posts, so I’m very glad they featured you. Well done!

25. margherita commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 8:10am

Holly sono molto molto felice che tu abbia trovato un modo per arrivare a così tante persone e farle felici con le immagini che scegli di condividere. Dai consigli, e riesci ad incoraggiarmi ogni giorno.
    Il mio progetto è diverso dal tuo, amo dipingere e divulgare la legge di attrazione ed approfondire la conoscenza della bibbia. Adoro gli animali e amerei trovare persone per un progetto interessante che ho nella mente.
    Tu continua così però…
    margherita
    margherita´s last blog post ..Metamorfosi dell’anima

26. benden bizden commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 8:54am

Congrats Holy, you are doing great jobs. I am thrilled to see your home on a Turkish magazine!
    Love from Turkey :)

27. Mary Sweeting commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 9:11am

Dear Holly, so great to see your successes and inspiring to see you turning your creative talents into a business, Mary :)

28. Mary Sweeting commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 9:14am

Dear Holly, thanks for sharing your successes, inspiring to see you turning your creative talents into a business, Mary :)
    Mary Sweeting´s last blog post ..An Argentine Asado (or a proper barbecue, gaucho style)

29. Tracy A. commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 11:26am

Oh my, congratulations on it all! I do love to hear about the successes of others, and you have given me a healthy dose!
    Tracy A.´s last blog post ..“I will not be clapped in a hood, Nor a cage, nor alight upon wrist, Now I have learnt to be proud Hovering over the wood In the broken mist Or tumbling cloud.” ~ William Butler Yeats

30. Claudia commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 11:43am

Congratulations Holly, such great news! I’m looking forward to your new book with Leslie. I’m so excited to see your new ideas!
    Good luck!
    Claudia´s last blog post ..300 Pinterest Followers Thank You So Much

31. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 11:56am

I like seeing your achievements and how your career has been progressing outside the blog. I know the feeling. I am myself thrilled as some of my cushions will be stocking at Liberty, London, and that is quite a thing, as this guys are tough to negotiate with. So thanks for sharing and keep inspiring us all. Nice and productive day! Marga
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..CHOCOLATE CREATIVE AT LIBERTY LONDON

32. Sophie commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 1:59pm

Love the covers and collaborations!

Sophie´s last blog post ..Here I Am!

33. Sandra commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 2:13pm

Congrats Holly! That are really good news. Your home looks great on that magazine cover. And the picture of you on nobilis is amazing. You work so hard and all of this is so exciting – I am happy for you.
    Sandra´s last blog post ..„Hier wohnen wir fast wie in einem Haus”

34. sibel commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 4:01pm

How great to see your succsess – I am very happy for you!!!

But I fear you might not find time to offer another workshop in your home with Steffi from ohhhmhhh and I really really want to be part of it one day soon. Are you making plans to give workshops together in winter?

35. Kristin Johnsen commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 4:55pm

Wow- VERY cool Holly! I just always love seeing your rooms displayed and always love seeing that hot pink rug! It is so very cool!!!! And as a fan of Stampington magazines, I always pick up Where Women Create Business and read every word of your articles! So fun – feels like I can be proud a bit since I’ve been following you for a while and can point to friends and say “I took her blog class a number of years ago.” Can’t WAIT for the new book with Leslie!
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..End of Summer (of color)

36. Desiree commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 5:31pm

Hi, I love, love, love your dining room table and chairs on the cover of “ALL DECOR” magazine.

Where did you purchase these items? Many thanks! Desiree

37. Ada (new york) commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 6:09pm

Congrats on all Holly! U r such a superstar … without the diva attitude instead a gratitude attitude that allows u to continuously shine shine shine your talent! I’m so happy for you! And as always, very inspired by you.
    Ada (new york)´s last blog post ..Orange you a snail?

38. decor8 commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 6:13pm

@Desiree – The chairs are Eames with maple legs: http://www.dwr.com/product/eames-molded-plastic-dowel-leg-side-chair-dsw.do?sortby=ourPicks
    The table is the LOOP STAND table from HAY in 250×92.5: http://hay.dk/#/site/products/tables/loop-stand-table

39. decor8 commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 6:15pm

@Sibel – Thank you! No plans to offer workshops this year, I have too many projects going on currently and she is also very busy.

40. Jenn at Hello, Brio! commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 6:50pm

Holy cow, talk about amazing achievements, lady! Congrats, you deserve every ounce of publicity you get. You’re very inspiring; I hope to be in your shoes someday :)
    Jenn at Hello, Brio!´s last blog post ..How to add yourself to your own Twitter Lists to increase traffic

41. Pamela commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 7:32pm

What an awesome post! It is so fun to be able to celebrate you for your success, and it reminds me to focus on the amazing stuff happening for me instead of what’s not happening. Perfect inspirational message for the day!

42. Lisa | Happy By commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 7:59pm

I love seeing and reading about all your good news. So glad you share these with your readers. I’d even encourage to make it weekly, maybe including smaller accomplishments too, even personal ones :)
    Lisa | Happy By´s last blog post ..How to stay motivated during a project

43. Gretchen commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 9:18pm

As a friend, I want to say that I am so proud of you and all your amazing accomplishments. I know that you work your tail off, and truly deserve the amount of success that you have attained. I really admire you and your work ethic. Thank you for continuing to be an inspiration to me! XO
    Gretchen´s last blog post ..Bridal Shower Ideas

44. Andreia commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 9:34pm

Congrats Holly! I’m really happy for you. This post is encouraging! I loved to read your article at Inside Out magazine. I started blogging almost 5 years ago, when I was on my third boy maternity leave…
    There have been ups and downs in my blogging adventure but I haven’t give up. I believe in my creative work, my blog to help my business to grow and who knows…what comes next.

45. Bekka commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 10:30pm

I have just found your blog and I am incredibly impressed. I love what you have achieved so far, and I appreciate you sharing it with the world. Congratulations!
    Bekka´s last blog post ..Toasted Crumpets And Fruit

46. Kate commented
    July 23rd, 2013 at 11:27pm

You are a powerhouse! Congratulations.
    Kate´s last blog post ..For Jackie O

47. Desha Peacock commented
    July 24th, 2013 at 3:37am

Such great press, how must it feel to see your work and your FACE on the cover a magazine- so cool :) Can’t wait to hear about your new book, what will it be about??? Very exciting!
    Desha Peacock´s last blog post ..It would be nice if…

48. Lisa commented
    July 24th, 2013 at 9:35am

HOLLY, you’re a milestone to me!
    Congratulations, please keep doing what you do…I love following you!

Big hug
    ciao
    Lisa
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Relax all’ombra dei Girasoli [2° parte]

49. lisa :: the red thread commented
    July 24th, 2013 at 1:12pm

Wow Holly! What an amazing amount of press! And you’re a cover girl too… You have so much on your plate it’s amazing.

50. sibel commented
    July 24th, 2013 at 2:09pm

thanks for answering holly. I do hope there will be time in 2014 for you and steffi to offer workshops. i am working on my own blog design at the moment and plan to start it in october so it would be soo cool if I can go to your course!!!

51. Emily commented
    July 24th, 2013 at 5:14pm

Hey Holly– what great news! Congrats on all fronts. I do wish my German was good enough to read all the camera tips. I guess I’ll have to brush up on “camera German.” Most of my vocab involves kids, food, and laundry ;)

52. Rosa @ FLUTTER FLUTTER commented
    July 24th, 2013 at 6:24pm

WOW!!! Congratulations!
    Rosa @ FLUTTER FLUTTER´s last blog post ..Hello Weekend!

53. ibabe commented
    July 24th, 2013 at 9:05pm

Congratulations!
    It is a pity that cannot find more of those magazines over here. Miss really travelling a bit more, to “collect” them in airports.
    Looking fordward for your new projects.
    ibabe´s last blog post ..Fluor touches

54. Shawna commented
    July 25th, 2013 at 12:55am

Congratulations on so many successess! How you do it all is truely beyond me. What is the timeline for the release of the book?

55. Bettyjoy commented
    July 25th, 2013 at 5:10pm

Wow! Congratulations on your many new achievements. You are a huge inspiration. I’ve been following your blog for years now. I’ve been feeling a bit unsure about things career-wise recently but your drive and determination has lit a new fire under my backside to get me to stop my dreams being just dreams!

56. Punctuation Mark commented
    July 25th, 2013 at 9:00pm

Congrats!!! you deserve all good things coming your way!
    Punctuation Mark´s last blog post ..Al Sur

57. Lucy Chen commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 8:11am

Congratulations, Holly!
    I’ve just found you and your blog. What you have here is so inspiring, that I just have to find you on your Facebook, Twitter and follow ALL your boards on Pinterest! Love what you do!
    Looking forward to enrolling in your next session of the “Blogging Your Way” course online. I’ve just have my own website built and a new blog where I intent to keep high quality contents. So really look forward to your class. :)
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..What Shapiro is Saying about Fame and Art

58. Angélica commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:08am

Good for you ,,, congratulation!!!!
    Angélica

59. Alana from Fancy! NZ Design Blog commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 10:59pm

You are a legend and a true inspiration. And you SO deserve all these accolades!

Alana

60. Arch commented
    July 31st, 2013 at 2:00pm

I thought you were going to announce that you were having a baby :(