Press

Recent Press & Consulting Gigs

July 22, 2013

Hello everyone! I thought today I’d kick off the new week with a Really Good News post, a column I started back in April where I occasionally share some really good news related to my life, business, books, consulting, etc. It encourages and inspires me to share what I’m to and I hope it also inspires you to keep working on your projects and to never give up!

Recent Press & Consulting Gigs

So, I thought I’d start with how great it was back in April when my home was on the cover of the popular Turkish interiors mag, All Decor! They also did a huge piece on my home so that was just the best! I loved having my home make a magazine cover – very inspiring to me!

Recent Press & Consulting Gigs

Another great thing happened – and during my birthday month of March! I landed the cover in my own city, Hannover, where I was the cover girl of a regional magazine called Nobilis with the words, “This lady sets trends!”. The reporter came by my home for an interview and she did a lovely write-up inside about my work and books. Another massive gold star for me because having my face on a magazine cover was another first. I got loads of press opportunities from this cover – including multiple television appearance offers and so much more. It was a riot walking by newsstands seeing my face on display!

Recent Press & Consulting Gigs

Recent Press & Consulting Gigs

I was also profiled recently in one of my favorite interiors magazines, Inside Out, based in Australia in their April 2013 issue. What an honor!

Recent Press & Consulting Gigs

Recent Press & Consulting Gigs

I’ve been writing a column for the new business magazine in America, Where Woman Create Business, published by Jo Packham and Stampington. My column covers blogging and they give me about 4-6 pages per issue to delve into blogging and explore some of the stuff that I know lots of people are curious about when it comes to blogging as a business. Here’s the most recent issue, Volume 2, shown above for a little peek. You can buy the magazine at most fine book stores on the newsstand (like Barnes & Noble) or online here.

Recent Press & Consulting Gigs

Recent Press & Consulting Gigs

This past weekend, an Austrian newspaper, Kurier, ran a 4 page full color spread about me and my books. This was a wonderful surprise. Thank you Andreas for setting this up!

Recent Press & Consulting Gigs

I was hired to work for Canon Europe on a massive advertising campaign that will run this summer all over Europe, UK, Middle East and Russia in magazines and newspapers. Above is a peek  of one that recently ran in Austria. I show how I display photos in my own home along with photography tips and ideas. It was such a fun campaign to work on and the compensation package was amazing – I am really proud of myself for landing this gig!

I also did some styling work for a German magazine called ARD Buffet which was published earlier this summer, found out that my second book Decorate Workshop, made the bestseller’s list in Germany and will now be available in 6 editions – including Danish, and today I will be doing some consulting for a massive company in America via Skype on how they can better work with bloggers. Given that this “company” is worth around $65 Billion, I’d say that myself and my colleagues (fellow bloggers Paul Lowe, Bri Emery and Victoria Smith) have quite a task ahead.

I also have a meeting with the team from Mollie Makes later this week – they are flying to Hannover to meet with me about a project we’re working on together  – fun times ahead!  I’m also still working on my 3rd book with Leslie Shewring, it is due to turn in by the end of the summer so we’re both in panic/rush mode now, but very happy with the outcome so far and we know you’ll love it.

I have more news to reveal but I’ll save it for another post – perhaps in early August. I can’t wait to talk about another big project that I recently took on, including another book that I’m involved in with a crew of other bloggers – it looks sooooo good!

xo, Holly

60 Comments

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} July 22, 2013 at 2:30 pm

such exciting news.
    congratulations holly – well deserved!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

• Reply Desiree July 22, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Oh my that’s a long list and a great post with all these screenshots. It is hard to remember sometimes all the things that come on our bloggerpaths, being it a a huge highway like hours or either a country road :)

What I do find strange though is that even though we know online magazines and blogs are booming business , we all are excited with seeing ourselves in the printed press. Weither it is a big, small or.local magazine..

I know you once said that a book will always be there and yes that’s true ofcourse but what I mean to say is Are we ourselves still convinced as well that the printed press and magazines are the real thing!

• Reply decor8 July 22, 2013 at 4:24 pm

@Desiree: online press is great – my last “really good news” post was all about the bloggers who wrote about me – I was so happy to highlight them! As for print press, it’s great to reach new markets in their own language and gain exposure there, plus you can keep a mag or book that you are in for years. I don’t see online press as any less than print press, both are the same to me just in different ways.

• Reply Holly Baumgartner July 22, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Good for you ;-). Do you EVER sleep?

• Reply Holly {Avenue} July 22, 2013 at 3:25 pm

How you do it all, I do not know. But you are an inspiration, Holly.

• Reply Gwen July 22, 2013 at 3:47 pm

wonderful work, holly! congrats!

• Reply Marjory July 22, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Love to see your beautiful work spreading. Wonderful news Holly, congratulations! xo

• Reply Lauren Martin July 22, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Just started following your blog on Bloglovin’ so I can keep up with it all. This article was the first I chose to read and I’m so happy I did! I’ve been blogging for a while now just for fun but hope it turns into something more one day. This inspires me to keep working at it! Thanks~!
    xo Lauren Jade

• Reply Louise - 30s Magazine July 22, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Congrats on all projects and press mentions! I like your good news blog posts and how you make a list of your accomplishments

• Reply Christine July 22, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Very exciting news!! Congratulations!!

I have the the inside out issue that Wini brought for me from Australia.
    We met at the BYW class, and we met in person for the very first time a week ago in NYC while she was here on vacation.

• Reply Brittni July 22, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Congrats on all the recent features, Holly. The cover photo on All Decor, of your home, is my favorite. Your home is gorgeous.

• Reply Riley Stewart July 22, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Such an inspiration to us all! Thanks for the update! Keep moving forward!

• Reply Salma July 22, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Congratulations,, wonderful :)

• Reply Bee July 22, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Congrats, Holly! It’s great to see occasional updates about your projects outside of the blog. This post is also a great reminder for people to stop and take a look back at their recent accomplishments. It’s nice to celebrate the milestones in your life along the way, whether big or small. Can’t wait to learn more about your upcoming projects!

• Reply sue July 22, 2013 at 8:24 pm

fantastic, many congratulations

• Reply Rincy K July 22, 2013 at 8:58 pm

LOVE. Keep shining bright you gorgeous being! :)

• Reply Emily @ The Em Dash July 22, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Congrats!!!! All of this is so exciting!

And I must say that I’m smitten with the pink rug in your home. Beautious!

• Reply Desiree July 22, 2013 at 9:39 pm

@decor8: you’re definately making a point there with the ‘ in their own language’ Thanks!

• Reply Sarah Seung July 22, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Hi Holly,

Amazing is an understatement. Congratulations on all your breathe-taking accomplishments. You are truly my blue print for having an authentic, creative, and authentic career! I’m going through a blog redesign now (after taking BYW) and your accomplishments really inspire me to push through. Thanks for sharing:))

Sarah Seung

• Reply Emily July 22, 2013 at 10:51 pm

What a fabulous selection of good news! You are always inspiring me with all that you do and achieve. I love that you keep things fresh and moving, and push yourself to achieve the next thing.
    Have a wonderful week xx

• Reply tracy porter July 22, 2013 at 10:55 pm

HOLLY!!
    YAY!! What fun and truly well deserved goodness!! This is such a happy day for you..and fabulous fun for us to hear of all this delightful news!! Bravo sister! So darn proud of you…and grateful that you continue to inspire so many people around the world…amazing + awesome!! Keep staying true to yourself sweetness….doors will just keep on opening!!! Love watching and cheering you on!! HOORAYY!!
    Cheers, love and kisses from the meadows and mountains!!
    xx,
    Tracy

• Reply mel July 23, 2013 at 2:31 am

Congratulations Holly, really wonderful stuff happening for you. You work so hard and create beauty everywhere so it’s no wonder people caught on! Mel x

• Reply Karla July 23, 2013 at 4:18 am

Holly, your work is so beautiful and uplifting-you are such an inspiration. Keep doing your thing, and thank you for sharing!

You are appreciated

• Reply Melissa July 23, 2013 at 5:15 am

Hi Holly,

I actually learned of your site in that issue of Inside Out! I have been enjoying reading through all your past posts, so I’m very glad they featured you. Well done!

• Reply margherita July 23, 2013 at 8:10 am

Holly sono molto molto felice che tu abbia trovato un modo per arrivare a così tante persone e farle felici con le immagini che scegli di condividere. Dai consigli, e riesci ad incoraggiarmi ogni giorno.
    Il mio progetto è diverso dal tuo, amo dipingere e divulgare la legge di attrazione ed approfondire la conoscenza della bibbia. Adoro gli animali e amerei trovare persone per un progetto interessante che ho nella mente.
    Tu continua così però…
    margherita

• Reply benden bizden July 23, 2013 at 8:54 am

Congrats Holy, you are doing great jobs. I am thrilled to see your home on a Turkish magazine!
    Love from Turkey :)

• Reply Mary Sweeting July 23, 2013 at 9:11 am

Dear Holly, so great to see your successes and inspiring to see you turning your creative talents into a business, Mary :)

• Reply Mary Sweeting July 23, 2013 at 9:14 am

Dear Holly, thanks for sharing your successes, inspiring to see you turning your creative talents into a business, Mary :)

• Reply Tracy A. July 23, 2013 at 11:26 am

Oh my, congratulations on it all! I do love to hear about the successes of others, and you have given me a healthy dose!

• Reply Claudia July 23, 2013 at 11:43 am

Congratulations Holly, such great news! I’m looking forward to your new book with Leslie. I’m so excited to see your new ideas!
    Good luck!

• Reply Margarita Lorenzo July 23, 2013 at 11:56 am

I like seeing your achievements and how your career has been progressing outside the blog. I know the feeling. I am myself thrilled as some of my cushions will be stocking at Liberty, London, and that is quite a thing, as this guys are tough to negotiate with. So thanks for sharing and keep inspiring us all. Nice and productive day! Marga

• Reply Sophie July 23, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Love the covers and collaborations!

• Reply Sandra July 23, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Congrats Holly! That are really good news. Your home looks great on that magazine cover. And the picture of you on nobilis is amazing. You work so hard and all of this is so exciting – I am happy for you.

• Reply sibel July 23, 2013 at 4:01 pm

How great to see your succsess – I am very happy for you!!!

But I fear you might not find time to offer another workshop in your home with Steffi from ohhhmhhh and I really really want to be part of it one day soon. Are you making plans to give workshops together in winter?

• Reply decor8 July 23, 2013 at 6:15 pm

@Sibel – Thank you! No plans to offer workshops this year, I have too many projects going on currently and she is also very busy.

• Reply Kristin Johnsen July 23, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Wow- VERY cool Holly! I just always love seeing your rooms displayed and always love seeing that hot pink rug! It is so very cool!!!! And as a fan of Stampington magazines, I always pick up Where Women Create Business and read every word of your articles! So fun – feels like I can be proud a bit since I’ve been following you for a while and can point to friends and say “I took her blog class a number of years ago.” Can’t WAIT for the new book with Leslie!

• Reply Desiree July 23, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Hi, I love, love, love your dining room table and chairs on the cover of “ALL DECOR” magazine.

Where did you purchase these items? Many thanks! Desiree

• Reply Ada (new york) July 23, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Congrats on all Holly! U r such a superstar … without the diva attitude instead a gratitude attitude that allows u to continuously shine shine shine your talent! I’m so happy for you! And as always, very inspired by you.

• Reply Jenn at Hello, Brio! July 23, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Holy cow, talk about amazing achievements, lady! Congrats, you deserve every ounce of publicity you get. You’re very inspiring; I hope to be in your shoes someday :)

• Reply Pamela July 23, 2013 at 7:32 pm

What an awesome post! It is so fun to be able to celebrate you for your success, and it reminds me to focus on the amazing stuff happening for me instead of what’s not happening. Perfect inspirational message for the day!

• Reply Lisa | Happy By July 23, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I love seeing and reading about all your good news. So glad you share these with your readers. I’d even encourage to make it weekly, maybe including smaller accomplishments too, even personal ones :)

• Reply Gretchen July 23, 2013 at 9:18 pm

As a friend, I want to say that I am so proud of you and all your amazing accomplishments. I know that you work your tail off, and truly deserve the amount of success that you have attained. I really admire you and your work ethic. Thank you for continuing to be an inspiration to me! XO

• Reply Andreia July 23, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Congrats Holly! I’m really happy for you. This post is encouraging! I loved to read your article at Inside Out magazine. I started blogging almost 5 years ago, when I was on my third boy maternity leave…
    There have been ups and downs in my blogging adventure but I haven’t give up. I believe in my creative work, my blog to help my business to grow and who knows…what comes next.

• Reply Bekka July 23, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I have just found your blog and I am incredibly impressed. I love what you have achieved so far, and I appreciate you sharing it with the world. Congratulations!

• Reply Kate July 23, 2013 at 11:27 pm

You are a powerhouse! Congratulations.

• Reply Desha Peacock July 24, 2013 at 3:37 am

Such great press, how must it feel to see your work and your FACE on the cover a magazine- so cool :) Can’t wait to hear about your new book, what will it be about??? Very exciting!

• Reply Lisa July 24, 2013 at 9:35 am

HOLLY, you’re a milestone to me!
    Congratulations, please keep doing what you do…I love following you!

Big hug
    ciao
    Lisa

• Reply lisa :: the red thread July 24, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Wow Holly! What an amazing amount of press! And you’re a cover girl too… You have so much on your plate it’s amazing.

• Reply sibel July 24, 2013 at 2:09 pm

thanks for answering holly. I do hope there will be time in 2014 for you and steffi to offer workshops. i am working on my own blog design at the moment and plan to start it in october so it would be soo cool if I can go to your course!!!

• Reply Emily July 24, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Hey Holly– what great news! Congrats on all fronts. I do wish my German was good enough to read all the camera tips. I guess I’ll have to brush up on “camera German.” Most of my vocab involves kids, food, and laundry ;)

• Reply Rosa @ FLUTTER FLUTTER July 24, 2013 at 6:24 pm

WOW!!! Congratulations!

• Reply ibabe July 24, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Congratulations!
    It is a pity that cannot find more of those magazines over here. Miss really travelling a bit more, to “collect” them in airports.
    Looking fordward for your new projects.

• Reply Shawna July 25, 2013 at 12:55 am

Congratulations on so many successess! How you do it all is truely beyond me. What is the timeline for the release of the book?

• Reply Bettyjoy July 25, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Wow! Congratulations on your many new achievements. You are a huge inspiration. I’ve been following your blog for years now. I’ve been feeling a bit unsure about things career-wise recently but your drive and determination has lit a new fire under my backside to get me to stop my dreams being just dreams!

• Reply Punctuation Mark July 25, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Congrats!!! you deserve all good things coming your way!

• Reply Lucy Chen July 26, 2013 at 8:11 am

Congratulations, Holly!
    I’ve just found you and your blog. What you have here is so inspiring, that I just have to find you on your Facebook, Twitter and follow ALL your boards on Pinterest! Love what you do!
    Looking forward to enrolling in your next session of the “Blogging Your Way” course online. I’ve just have my own website built and a new blog where I intent to keep high quality contents. So really look forward to your class. :)

• Reply Angélica July 29, 2013 at 7:08 am

Good for you ,,, congratulation!!!!
    Angélica

• Reply Alana from Fancy! NZ Design Blog July 29, 2013 at 10:59 pm

You are a legend and a true inspiration. And you SO deserve all these accolades!

Alana

• Reply Arch July 31, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I thought you were going to announce that you were having a baby :(