Nicest Things Blog

July 26, 2013

Hello everyone! There is this blog I’ve been reading lately in Germany called Nicest Things and the blogger, Vera, takes the prettiest photos of things she cooks or items she uses to decorate with around her home. It’s so nice to peek into her life and see what she’s cooked up next or what she is interested in using in her home currently to spruce it up. She loves to decorate, a lady after my own heart! I know most of you don’t read German, but you can always translate the blog using Google Translate or simply pin and drool over her pretty photos.

Nicest Things Blog

Nicest Things Blog

Nicest Things Blog

Nicest Things Blog

Nicest Things Blog

Nicest Things Blog

Nicest Things Blog

Nicest Things Blog

I love all of the color palettes that she plays with – she’s definitely not stuck in a color rut which I think is the most inspiring thing about her blog since so many of us have a particular palette that begins to almost define us – but Vera just explores and explores and the results are so interesting. I also like her various projects and where she shoots, from a picnic at a lake to a country field to making some homemade peach tea ice cream pops in her cute little kitchen, these types of creative bloggers – the super personal ones that provides peeks into the blogger’s life, are so special to me. I find myself going back to them time and time again. It’s nice to feel a connection with strangers and to feel like you could instantly like them if you’d ever met in person.

Blogging is so beautiful like that, isn’t it? Through a person’s aesthetic and writing alone, you can feel something that reaches the heart. Vera has created a special blog and I think it’s just lovely.

(images: vera/nicest things)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Lucy Chen July 26, 2013 at 5:28 pm

From greens, to blues, to violets, to yellows, to pinks and reds… Yes, you can feel her love for all the little things in life!

• Reply Beccy July 26, 2013 at 5:34 pm

What gorgeous photos. I love the serene feel of the first 2 photos and the purples of the last two! Very inspiring.

• Reply Sandra July 26, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I love her diptychs – I’ve been fascinated lately by them and seeing how different photographers put them together. Some by theme, some by colour palette, etc.

• Reply Eveline Mos July 26, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Wow, this is a great link. Thank you for sharing!

• Reply Mariel July 26, 2013 at 7:53 pm

She has excellent taste and you too. Beautiful photos and post ;)

• Reply Kate July 26, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Yeah, seriously. All kinds of color happening there. I love that! It’s refreshing to visit blogs with diverse taste but a clearly defined style.

• Reply Marieke July 26, 2013 at 8:26 pm

What a nice blog. Great pictures. Thank you for sharing this.

• Reply Vera July 26, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Holly, oh my god, thank you!!! If you could see me now, jumping around and screaming with joy! I had no clue that you were up to this, what a big big surprise! I’ve been reading your blog ever since and for me, you’ve always been a hero, a person I admire a lot, someone who fascinates me. Oh, I hope it doesn’t sound cheesy, but that’s just the way it is! You can’t imagine how it feels now, that you read my blog, that you like it, and most of all the things you said… I’ve been reading your words now three or four times in a row and I think by now I know them by heart, haha. You are such a darling ♥ Perhaps one day we can really meet in person, this would be just wonderful! So again, thank you so so much, dear Holly!

• Reply decor8 July 29, 2013 at 9:34 am

@Vera – Thank you in return, it is always such a pleasure to find a blogger as personal, talented and authentic as you are. Yes, it would be nice to meet someday soon. :)

• Reply Gisela Damblon July 26, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I can smell the taste of summer in these Pictures…

• Reply Bee July 26, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Thanks for sharing, Holly! I love learning about new blogs. I recently took a food styling and photography workshop. Vera’s images are so beautiful and inspiring.

• Reply Trisha Brink July 26, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Gah….. this is stunning. Is she a pro photographer too? My jaw just dropped & hit the floor. Thanks for sharing…I’ll be heading over…..NOW.

• Reply Emily July 26, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Thanks for sharing this blog Holly. I love the beautiful range of colours, styling and inspiration. And the little shoot set up shot at the end of the Flower Salad post made me laugh as I have little corners of my house and garden that are mini photo shoot areas. All pretty with great lighting. Everywhere else is the complete chaos of a family of six!
    Happy Weekend xx

• Reply Ronja July 26, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I also like her blog very much, she writes wonderful funny texts and takes such aesthetic photos :).
    Love Ronja :)

• Reply Sven July 26, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Vera is amazing!!! I really love her Photos, an her way to decorate!

• Reply Marjory July 26, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Love her photos, what a gorgeous palette of colors, so vibrant and magical. Wish I spoke German! Thanks for sharing the work of this beautiful blogger.

• Reply Tuti. July 26, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Her photos are so amazing.

As an FYI, Google automatically offers to translate the page if it’s opened in Google Chrome.

• Reply decor8 July 29, 2013 at 9:32 am

@Tuti – Yes sometimes it does but not all of the time for me.

• Reply Sonia Anwar July 27, 2013 at 12:09 am

Stunning photos!

• Reply Sonia July 27, 2013 at 12:12 am

Such stunning photos!

• Reply Kristin Johnsen July 27, 2013 at 1:01 am

Ooh – I really love her photographs of her spaces! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Rose July 27, 2013 at 8:33 am

The name of this blog just seems so appropriate. These ‘nicest things’ were such a pleasure to take in. What I found very interesting was to be found in that kitchen image, where that pastel wall as a backdrop softened the black and white decor. Its works so well, despite the fact that it is almost a contradiction.

• Reply Stella July 27, 2013 at 8:50 am

Thanks for sharing this lovely blog!
    Beautiful pictures full of life :)

• Reply Angel of Berlin July 27, 2013 at 9:15 am

Holly, I love Vera’s blog. It s one of the first blogs I started following and it makes my day when she publishes a new post!

• Reply Penny Lane (Moni) July 27, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Oh, yes, I totally agree! I ‘ve known her blog for a while now and she’s such an inspiration! I always look forward to reading & seeing her new posts!

Best wishes from Germany,
    Penny Lane (Moni)

• Reply Sarah July 27, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I really love this Blog and I read since loooonglooong time! I do read it in german (as i am german native) , she also has an very inspiring style to write ..

• Reply Olga July 27, 2013 at 8:31 pm

What a pretty place!

• Reply GGBG Style July 28, 2013 at 3:58 am

Another good lesson in color studies :) another great find!

• Reply Marit ( July 28, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Thank you for sharing, I totally agree what you say, I love a personal blog the most, that is what I am trying to do on my own little blog, I blog for a half year now and I can’t miss it anymore!
    Now I am gonna take a look on the blog you shared! Have a nice day!

• Reply Tree Mushroom July 29, 2013 at 3:41 am

Thanks for sharing her lovely blog : )

• Reply Gwen July 29, 2013 at 6:04 am

so beautiful! especially love the food styling. thank you for sharing!

• Reply margherita July 29, 2013 at 7:57 am

Mi spiace ma non posso che rinnovare un bel grazie per le foto splendide che vedo ogni volta in questo sito… Voglio assolutamente prendere tutti i giorni ispirazione da quello che fai…!

• Reply Elvina Joe July 30, 2013 at 8:51 am

this is really wonderful..

concept, color, light are too good

• Reply terri July 31, 2013 at 12:29 am

Beautiful photos! The Nicest Things certainly captured the essence of summer.