Nicest Things

Hello everyone! There is this blog I’ve been reading lately in Germany called Nicest Things and the blogger, Vera, takes the prettiest photos of things she cooks or items she uses to decorate with around her home. It’s so nice to peek into her life and see what she’s cooked up next or what she is interested in using in her home currently to spruce it up. She loves to decorate, a lady after my own heart! I know most of you don’t read German, but you can always translate the blog using Google Translate or simply pin and drool over her pretty photos.

Nicest Things

Nicest Things

Nicest Things

Nicest Things

Nicest Things

Nicest Things

Nicest Things

Nicest Things

I love all of the color palettes that she plays with – she’s definitely not stuck in a color rut which I think is the most inspiring thing about her blog since so many of us have a particular palette that begins to almost define us – but Vera just explores and explores and the results are so interesting. I also like her various projects and where she shoots, from a picnic at a lake to a country field to making some homemade peach tea ice cream pops in her cute little kitchen, these types of creative bloggers – the super personal ones that provides peeks into the blogger’s life, are so special to me. I find myself going back to them time and time again. It’s nice to feel a connection with strangers and to feel like you could instantly like them if you’d ever met in person.

Blogging is so beautiful like that, isn’t it? Through a person’s aesthetic and writing alone, you can feel something that reaches the heart. Vera has created a special blog and I think it’s just lovely.

(images: vera/nicest things)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on July 26, 2013

1. Lucy Chen commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 5:28pm

From greens, to blues, to violets, to yellows, to pinks and reds… Yes, you can feel her love for all the little things in life!
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..What Shapiro is Saying about Fame and Art

2. Beccy commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 5:34pm

What gorgeous photos. I love the serene feel of the first 2 photos and the purples of the last two! Very inspiring.
    Beccy´s last blog post ..Christmas is coming!

3. Sandra commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 5:38pm

I love her diptychs – I’ve been fascinated lately by them and seeing how different photographers put them together. Some by theme, some by colour palette, etc.
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Cherry Balsamic Shrub

4. Eveline Mos commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 6:34pm

Wow, this is a great link. Thank you for sharing!

5. Mariel commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 7:53pm

She has excellent taste and you too. Beautiful photos and post ;)

xoxo

Mariel´s last blog post ..LITTLE BLACK DRESS

6. Kate commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 8:25pm

Yeah, seriously. All kinds of color happening there. I love that! It’s refreshing to visit blogs with diverse taste but a clearly defined style.
    Kate´s last blog post ..For a Beach House

7. Marieke commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 8:26pm

What a nice blog. Great pictures. Thank you for sharing this.

8. Vera commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 8:28pm

Holly, oh my god, thank you!!! If you could see me now, jumping around and screaming with joy! I had no clue that you were up to this, what a big big surprise! I’ve been reading your blog ever since and for me, you’ve always been a hero, a person I admire a lot, someone who fascinates me. Oh, I hope it doesn’t sound cheesy, but that’s just the way it is! You can’t imagine how it feels now, that you read my blog, that you like it, and most of all the things you said… I’ve been reading your words now three or four times in a row and I think by now I know them by heart, haha. You are such a darling ♥ Perhaps one day we can really meet in person, this would be just wonderful! So again, thank you so so much, dear Holly!

Love,

Vera
    Vera´s last blog post ..Picknick am See + Sommerverlosung

9. Gisela Damblon commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 9:26pm

I can smell the taste of summer in these Pictures…

10. Bee commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 9:32pm

Thanks for sharing, Holly! I love learning about new blogs. I recently took a food styling and photography workshop. Vera’s images are so beautiful and inspiring.

11. Trisha Brink commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 9:39pm

Gah….. this is stunning. Is she a pro photographer too? My jaw just dropped & hit the floor. Thanks for sharing…I’ll be heading over…..NOW.

12. Emily commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 9:51pm

Thanks for sharing this blog Holly. I love the beautiful range of colours, styling and inspiration. And the little shoot set up shot at the end of the Flower Salad post made me laugh as I have little corners of my house and garden that are mini photo shoot areas. All pretty with great lighting. Everywhere else is the complete chaos of a family of six!
    Happy Weekend xx
    Emily´s last blog post ..A Floral Friday

13. Ronja commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 10:07pm

I also like her blog very much, she writes wonderful funny texts and takes such aesthetic photos :).
    Love Ronja :)
    Ronja´s last blog post ..Lovely Place {Wacholder}

14. Sven commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 10:14pm

Vera is amazing!!! I really love her Photos, an her way to decorate!
    Sven´s last blog post ..Das Herren ABC – D wie Dreiteiler

15. Marjory commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 10:20pm

Love her photos, what a gorgeous palette of colors, so vibrant and magical. Wish I spoke German! Thanks for sharing the work of this beautiful blogger.
    Marjory´s last blog post ..Through the landscape of home & heart

16. Tuti. commented
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:26pm

Her photos are so amazing.

As an FYI, Google automatically offers to translate the page if it’s opened in Google Chrome.
    Tuti.´s last blog post ..Summer Shoes

17. Sonia Anwar commented
    July 27th, 2013 at 12:09am

Stunning photos!

Sonia Anwar´s last blog post ..Black stripes

18. Sonia commented
    July 27th, 2013 at 12:12am

Such stunning photos!

Sonia´s last blog post ..Black stripes

19. Kristin Johnsen commented
    July 27th, 2013 at 1:01am

Ooh – I really love her photographs of her spaces! Thanks for sharing!

20. Rose commented
    July 27th, 2013 at 8:33am

The name of this blog just seems so appropriate. These ‘nicest things’ were such a pleasure to take in. What I found very interesting was to be found in that kitchen image, where that pastel wall as a backdrop softened the black and white decor. Its works so well, despite the fact that it is almost a contradiction.
    Rose´s last blog post ..Who’s Going To The Trunk Show?

21. Stella commented
    July 27th, 2013 at 8:50am

Thanks for sharing this lovely blog!
    Beautiful pictures full of life :)

22. Angel of Berlin commented
    July 27th, 2013 at 9:15am

Holly, I love Vera’s blog. It s one of the first blogs I started following and it makes my day when she publishes a new post!
    Angel of Berlin´s last blog post ..[reads...] The Delirium Saga by Lauren Olivier

23. Penny Lane (Moni) commented
    July 27th, 2013 at 12:13pm

Oh, yes, I totally agree! I ‘ve known her blog for a while now and she’s such an inspiration! I always look forward to reading & seeing her new posts!

Best wishes from Germany,
    Penny Lane (Moni)
    Penny Lane (Moni)´s last blog post ..Instagram Update & thoughts on sharing pictures there

24. Sarah commented
    July 27th, 2013 at 4:46pm

I really love this Blog and I read since loooonglooong time! I do read it in german (as i am german native) , she also has an very inspiring style to write ..

25. Olga commented
    July 27th, 2013 at 8:31pm

What a pretty place!
    Thanks
    Olga´s last blog post ..Baked Alaska

26. GGBG Style commented
    July 28th, 2013 at 3:58am

Another good lesson in color studies :) another great find!

27. Marit ( homemarit.blogspot.nl) commented
    July 28th, 2013 at 3:12pm

Thank you for sharing, I totally agree what you say, I love a personal blog the most, that is what I am trying to do on my own little blog, I blog for a half year now and I can’t miss it anymore!
    Now I am gonna take a look on the blog you shared! Have a nice day!
    Marit ( homemarit.blogspot.nl)´s last blog post ..Stiekem even WIFI

28. Tree Mushroom commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 3:41am

Thanks for sharing her lovely blog : )
    Tree Mushroom´s last blog post ..Melony Juice And Cheesy Bites

29. Gwen commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 6:04am

so beautiful! especially love the food styling. thank you for sharing!
    Gwen´s last blog post ..Making a Home: The Living and Dining Spaces’ Details

30. margherita commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 7:57am

Mi spiace ma non posso che rinnovare un bel grazie per le foto splendide che vedo ogni volta in questo sito… Voglio assolutamente prendere tutti i giorni ispirazione da quello che fai…!
    margherita´s last blog post ..Sfida dei sette giorni di vitalità con Shiloh Sophia

31. decor8 commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 9:32am

@Tuti – Yes sometimes it does but not all of the time for me.

32. decor8 commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 9:34am

@Vera – Thank you in return, it is always such a pleasure to find a blogger as personal, talented and authentic as you are. Yes, it would be nice to meet someday soon. :)

33. Elvina Joe commented
    July 30th, 2013 at 8:51am

this is really wonderful..

concept, color, light are too good
    Elvina Joe´s last blog post ..Tips On Decorating Your Home Using Wallpaper

34. terri commented
    July 31st, 2013 at 12:29am

Beautiful photos! The Nicest Things certainly captured the essence of summer.