By Fryd + Her Stylish Studio in Norway

Hello friends and welcome to a new week on decor8! I have so much to share this week including a fun surprise, but first… I thought I’d share a beautiful peek into the new studio space in Skien, Norway that belongs to fellow blogger and friend, Jeanette Lunde from By Fryd (which means Joy). She recently formed a new “side” company with her friend, Hilda Mork, called HYSJ and so this studio is also where they can work and dream together but it is primarily where Jeanette blogs and works on her exciting projects. Once an old barn (before photos here), Jeanette restored it with the help of her husband and of course, contractors, and now it is a heavenly workshop for her creative endeavors. There is nothing like having a dedicated space to craft your dreams, is there?

STUDIO By Fryd + Her Stylish Work Studio in NorwayY FRYD-4S

By Fryd   Her Stylish Work Studio in Norway

By Fryd + Her Stylish Work Studio in Norway

By Fryd + Her Stylish Work Studio in Norway

By Fryd + Her Stylish Work Studio in Norway

BYFRYD5

As you can see, there is a kitchen with a space to eat and seating area for clients. There are more photos below that shown other glimpses, including her work table. I love all of the space and natural light and the overall simplicity. Here is also a little interview that I had with Jeanette about her new business and partner. Would you like to follow along?

Do you both work from this studio each day?
So far Hilde has been working in the studio when we have projects together, so not everyday. It’s more our base where we create. At the same time we are totally free, so some times we chose the coffee shop other days the studio. Love how we can be anywhere, who knows, some day we sit in south of France and are working. Such a lovely dream.

What are your plans for your company?
From the start we decided to work from our hearts. So where we’ll go feels like an open flower meadow. So far we have HYSJ which is our online shop with prints and then we have Lunde & Mork, where we style, write and shoot. The HYSJ shop is slowly growing with more products, and to collaborate when it comes to interior projects is just amazing. To have a creative soul partner. (Three of their prints, which can be purchased here, are shown below in-situ.)

By Fryd + Her Stylish Work Studio in Norway

By Fryd + Her Stylish Work Studio in Norway

How did you meet?
We met because of our blogs, but only online, until I wrote Hilde and asked if she wanted to meet. I had this really strong positive feeling…

How did you know it was a smart idea to work together?
My gut feeling told me. It clicked from the first minute and it felt like we had known each other forever.

How did you come up with the name and what does it mean?
HYSJ means hush, and is illustrative to how we see the world, our work and our beliefs. At the same time it starts with a H for Hilde and ends with a J for Jeanette. Just magic ;)

Were you searching for a creative partner or was this just a happy accident?
I would say more like a happy accident. I found out that having a creative partner is not something you can just apply for. It’s how we work together that makes this so amazing. Hilde was there when I needed her and i was there when she needed me. I truly believe this was meant to be.

What are your dreams for your company?
That it will keep on giving us freedom, as it already has given us.

Will you continue with your blog and magazine or merge it with your new business and partner?
We will keep on having our own separate blogs. We find it important to have our own private voice in this collaboration. After all we are not one person.

More work space photos…

BYFRYD2

BYFRYD1

BYFRYD3

BYFRYD4

Thank you Jeanette for this lovely peek into your new space!

(images: jeanette lunde)

Posted by decor8 in Home Tours on July 29, 2013

1. annton commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 12:58pm

I actually like my studio a lot, but this one is truly breathtaking. wow!
    annton´s last blog post ..queen of colors

2. Christine - House of C commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 1:00pm

Wauw how stylish, love it! x

3. Sabine von azurweiss commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 1:13pm

This is so gorgeous! I love the color palette and this wonderful deep blue print that contrasts perfectly. Thank you for sharing and lighting up this rainy day here in the South of Germany! Sabine
    Sabine von azurweiss´s last blog post ..Der Frage-Foto-Freitag

4. nancy commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 1:44pm

so simple and for that so nice!

5. wendy | beeldsteil commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 2:30pm

What a wonderful studio and lovely colors. A great inspiration, while decorating my home in Norway :) Thank you for sharing, Holly!
    wendy | beeldsteil´s last blog post ..My Life in Instagram

6. Kreetta commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 2:35pm

Beautiful and simple studio space. Love the light and the rug on the floor is temping…I wonder does it have a long history? I hope you have some really great co-work coming up! Thanks for sharing Holly!
    Kreetta´s last blog post ..Photography Concept and Styling – LA MELODIE DU BONHEUR

7. Emelie @florainspiro commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 4:10pm

Lovely, lovely, lovely! The space, the light… I really like the idea of haveig a proper kitchen in the workshop, not just a corner with a microwave & a coffee machine. I also have a crush on the chairs on the 2nd last pic ;)
    Emelie @florainspiro´s last blog post ..Shooting in the Palm House

8. Marjory (@sacredflow) commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 4:31pm

Inspiring space. Love the plants, the light, the art, the simplicity and serenity.
    Marjory (@sacredflow)´s last blog post ..Home: from prison to freedom

9. Tibs commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 5:48pm

Gorgeous! Beautiful pale colours and so much light.
    Tibs´s last blog post ..Crayfish Season

10. Kate commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 8:11pm

SO cute! Had to pin that dining room to my indoor spaces board. What a winner!
    Kate´s last blog post ..For a Gradient Look

11. Trisha Brink commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 9:22pm

Oh……one of my favorites!! Fryd!! I SO wish I could have your clean style…but for some reason I just can’t help cluttering it up. You have a perfect mix of modern & cozy. Someday maybe I’ll figure out how to edit the way you do. Great choice Holly :)
    Trisha Brink´s last blog post ..It’s That Time Again: Hooray…it’s Instasale Time!

12. Doreen commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 9:38pm

These images certainly show how an interesting, creative esprit can be expressed even with a low budget. The furnishing itself seems to partly consist of findings from a flea-market, but each individual piece is matched up so well that in combination everything looks extremely stylish. The owner is obviously a designer or artist, since this place emanates such an artistic flair, which in itself implies exquisite quality, even though each piece is quite modest. I love it.
    Doreen´s last blog post ..über mich

13. Lena commented
    July 29th, 2013 at 11:31pm

This is a dream workspace and Jeanettes light and airy style in and out. Thank you for sharing the interview about her collaboration with Hilde Mork, too. Finding a business partner who is also a soulmate is great luck – I liked what she said about the right moment for it. I strongly believe in the importance of the right moment.
    Lena´s last blog post ..THAILAND DIARIES: SOUVENIRS, PART 1

14. caroline @trend-daily commented
    July 30th, 2013 at 12:15am

Gorgeous gorgeous-such a talented, lovely lady and what a dream space :-)
    caroline @trend-daily´s last blog post ..moodboards

15. Tracey | Koromiko commented
    July 30th, 2013 at 5:15am

That rug looks beautiful against the wooden floors. I have this deep fascination for other people’s workspaces and this one feels so peaceful and inspiring!

16. amy commented
    July 30th, 2013 at 7:36am

i`m really impressed! it`s so beautyful, inspiring… i love it!
    thanks for sharin!
    all the best
    amy
    amy´s last blog post ..diy:blütenmandala & mmh:reishunger…

17. mel commented
    July 30th, 2013 at 11:30am

How absolutely heavenly!
    mel´s last blog post ..Eco Living Ideas

18. design φωτιστικά commented
    July 30th, 2013 at 12:10pm

how stylish!!! i love the wooden, white surfases!!!
    design φωτιστικά´s last blog post ..MATCH

19. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    July 30th, 2013 at 12:50pm

It is beautiful indeed. I would love to have my studio outside my home one day. Just because space is key to working comfortably and I am lucking some at the moment. They have done a very good job, and are lucky to have each other to work as a team.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..INSPIRING INTERIORS – BAIXA HOUSE

20. Bonnie commented
    July 30th, 2013 at 12:52pm

Love how they are following their hearts in creating their business. Such stunning light filling that beautiful space. I imagine it will spark an abundance of creativity and joy. Anyone else also now dreaming of a barn….?
    Bonnie´s last blog post ..To learn the hard way!

21. Jessica commented
    July 30th, 2013 at 3:49pm

wow, what a lovely palette. and it’s styled in such a simple manner–the studio feels very sweet, but not over the top.

22. Jessica Newell commented
    July 30th, 2013 at 7:00pm

So airy and bright! Love that the name of their company means hush.
    Jessica Newell´s last blog post ..Inspired Design — Beach Houses

23. terri commented
    July 31st, 2013 at 12:34am

I love this minimalist space – so fresh and clear with pops of visual excitement.

24. Laura Gaskill @ Lolalina commented
    July 31st, 2013 at 3:29pm

I am in heaven! Jeanette never fails to amaze and inspire, and her new studio (and new venture) are taking my breath away! Wow. Definitely saving this to my “dream studio” file…just heavenly. xo
    Laura Gaskill @ Lolalina´s last blog post ..A Cozy Home in Norway & Keeping it Personal

25. jessica commented
    July 31st, 2013 at 5:11pm

i love the simplistic lighting in this space – it adds a a great feel. the fixtures don’t take away from the space, but are still very much present. our designer at red has used similar lighting in clients homes to achieve this same feel.

26. catarina commented
    August 2nd, 2013 at 12:24am

love the colours! the light is simple exquisite!
    catarina´s last blog post ..CREATIVITY