Kwestia Smaku Blog

August 13, 2013

I discovered the most delightful Eastern European “fusion style” food blog recently called Kwestia Smaku, which roughly translates to “Matter of Taste” in Polish. The food on this blog will make your mouth water! I just lost 20 lbs from pregnancy illness and can barely eat a thing, so all I think about lately is when I can eat again and all of the healthy, wonderful food that I will cook for me and my growing baby. For now, I can only look and not touch. But for the rest of you, feast your eyes and try out some of this blogger’s delicious recipes. Such a gorgeous collection of foods both savory and sweet.

Kwestia Smaku Blog

Behind this blog sits a talented team. First there is Joanna, a lady who simply LOVES to cook and who attributes her passion to her mother who taught her how and gave her the cooking bug at an early age. She developes the recipes and the overall concept. As a young girl, Joanna was involved in preparing family meals and has now become so much more as she and her partner produce all of her own recipes, photos and content for her stunning blog. About her focus on Eastern European food she says, “I live in Poland and while my heritage is Polish I do like to experiment with the tradition a lot. Being a fan of the modern Polish fusion cuisine, I try to take our traditional recipes to the next level. I believe that culinary art should constantly evolve. While we mustn’t forget about our culinary roots, we should also adopt new techniques.” Well said! Then there is Tomasz, the other half of her team, who does the photography and assists in video production. What a great team they make!

Kwestia Smaku Blog

Kwestia Smaku Blog

Kwestia Smaku Blog

Kwestia Smaku Blog

Kwestia Smaku Blog

Kwestia Smaku Blog

Kwestia Smaku Blog

Kwestia Smaku Blog

By the way, if you open this blog in Google Chrome, it will give you the option to translate it into your language. And a bonus is that if you go to this page and click on the recipes that interest you, they also come with a gorgeous video!

(images: Kwestia Smaku)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo August 13, 2013 at 1:49 pm

This all looks delicious. I will be checking this blog out!

• Reply gosia August 13, 2013 at 2:30 pm

so happy you like KWESTIA SMAKU, i visit them a lot for some ideas to help me overcome my culinary blackouts and avoid the rut. I cook practically daily for our family of 5 and it’s not easy, believe me, to find inspiration and happiness in cooking when you do it on daily bases.

• Reply RowdyFairy August 13, 2013 at 2:30 pm

So yum! Thanks for sharing this :)

• Reply Dennis Mitchell Stanton August 13, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Thank you for your efforts.

• Reply bushra August 13, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I *must* delurk and congratulate you on your pregnancy, and sympathise with your pregnancy illness. I lost weight on my last pregnancy too, I hope you’re not struggling too much with eating. I don’t mean to make an unhelpful suggestion but I went for the healthiest foods I could tolerate, even though I knew they wouldn’t stay down for long and just hoped for the best. Hope you feel better soon :)

• Reply Emma August 13, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Wow, every single thing here looks amazing, especially that raspberry bun/cake? second from the bottom. I’m going to go and have a look for it now. Thanks for introducing me to another beautiful blog.

• Reply sue August 13, 2013 at 4:24 pm

looks delicious, and super photos. Not very gluten free looking though. :(

• Reply Quyen August 13, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Wow, these recipes look delicious! I would love to try the pasta dish. Looks like a great comfort food dish!

• Reply Magda August 13, 2013 at 7:15 pm

I love Kwestia Smaku, I cook often from the recipes Joanna posts. I adore her food photography, too. Being Polish, it is easier for me to follow the recipes, so if you need any help, just let me know :).

• Reply Mickey@EuroAmerican Home August 13, 2013 at 9:21 pm

This is really a nice coincidence. I just wrote a post about cooking an Eastern European veggie dip/spread that my husband and I made on Sunday. It took us half a day, but we’ll thank ourselves later in the fall, when we have a quick snack ready. I would’ve said winter, but I don’t think our 4 jars will last that long.

• Reply Wrenaissance Art August 13, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Look at those mouthwatering photos, yum! I love how a lot of cooks are shaking up stodgy old recipes and cuisines with fresh, local ingredients and lighter techniques. Scandinavia and Scotland come to mind.
    Many of my friends found it was seasonings that really brought on the morning sickness. Maybe you can keep down simple, bland dishes that are still tasty and healthy. Good luck!

• Reply Karolina (confetti&cookies) August 13, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I totally agree! I looooove Kwestia Smaku :) Pictures are amazing and recipes yummy. Definitely worth visiting. Great to see it on your blog as well :)

• Reply Vero Palazzo August 13, 2013 at 11:35 pm

so tempting! amazing photos!

• Reply Ada (new york) August 14, 2013 at 12:33 am

every photo looks mega delicious!!!! Thanks for introducing them … im totally inspired to cook more. Hope you feel better soon Holly, and great job on seeing the brighter side of things .. since you can’t eat all then it’s “research” for when you can ;)

• Reply Melissa Hansson August 14, 2013 at 1:19 am

Wow, which dessert is that first photo? I can’t find it on their site & it looks amazing. Like get in my belly right now amazing! Thanks for the fun new site recommendation!

• Reply Michelle August 14, 2013 at 1:48 am

agh…time for lunch….or is that second breakfast……or morning tea ?

• Reply Punctuation Mark August 14, 2013 at 6:08 am

Went to the blog though the link in here… Just lovely! Thanks!

• Reply picturebook.. mine. August 14, 2013 at 7:56 am

Wonderful .. !!

• Reply Diane Harvey-White August 14, 2013 at 8:56 am

HI Holly
    Morning sickness is just the pits, isn’t it? I had it for 22 weeks with my first and 19 with my second – and mornings, when I was well rested, was the only time of day I actually felt ok. Every day at 11 the sickness would arrive and accompany me throughout my day, it was miserable.

But I know this won’t sound helpful, you have to keep eating, even if you only respond to cravings! I found I totally went back to childhood and ate things that I hadn’t touched for years – tomato ketchup sandwich anyone?

And get rid of the scales, weighing yourself will only scare the life out of you – just like reading ahead in the pregnancy book!

Much love – it’ll all be ok in the end.

• Reply decor8 August 14, 2013 at 9:43 am

@Diane – Thanks for your advice but I don’t have morning sickness and my doctor weighs me once monthly so there is no way around it – plus I don’t want to be numb to what’s happening to my body – I want to know so I can monitor it and my baby and be healthy and have a great delivery.

• Reply Diane Harvey-White August 14, 2013 at 9:00 am

@sue: You might like Petite Kitchen then. Her recipes are gluten, diary and often sugar free too. And the photography is just as beautiful.

• Reply decor8 August 14, 2013 at 2:33 pm

@Diane Harvey-White – Thank you, I’ll check that out.

• Reply Salome August 14, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Hi! I also love Kwestia Smaku, it’s my “culinary bible” among all of the polish blogs:)

• Reply Margarita August 14, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Iffc after looking at this gorgeous images of delicious food I am hungry love the pasta dish and desserts

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} August 14, 2013 at 11:35 pm

gorgeous {and DELICIOUS} looking food!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

• Reply julia August 15, 2013 at 12:16 pm

i live this blog and the recepies! there is beautiful videos too!!

• Reply Adrienne Maples March 12, 2015 at 9:47 pm

These gorgeous images are making my mouth water!!! Thanks for recommending this great blog!