Delicious Eastern European Recipes By Kwestia Smaku

I discovered the most delightful Eastern European “fusion style” food blog recently called Kwestia Smaku, which roughly translates to “Matter of Taste” in Polish. The food on this blog will make your mouth water! I just lost 20 lbs from pregnancy illness and can barely eat a thing, so all I think about lately is when I can eat again and all of the healthy, wonderful food that I will cook for me and my growing baby. For now, I can only look and not touch. But for the rest of you, feast your eyes and try out some of this blogger’s delicious recipes. Such a gorgeous collection of foods both savory and sweet.

Food Blogger Kwestia Smaku

Behind this blog sits a talented team. First there is Joanna, a lady who simply LOVES to cook and who attributes her passion to her mother who taught her how and gave her the cooking bug at an early age. She developes the recipes and the overall concept. As a young girl, Joanna was involved in preparing family meals and has now become so much more as she and her partner produce all of her own recipes, photos and content for her stunning blog. About her focus on Eastern European food she says, “I live in Poland and while my heritage is Polish I do like to experiment with the tradition a lot. Being a fan of the modern Polish fusion cuisine, I try to take our traditional recipes to the next level. I believe that culinary art should constantly evolve. While we mustn’t forget about our culinary roots, we should also adopt new techniques.” Well said! Then there is Tomasz, the other half of her team, who does the photography and assists in video production. What a great team they make!

Food Blogger Kwestia Smaku

Food Blogger Kwestia Smaku

Food Blogger Kwestia Smaku

Food Blogger Kwestia Smaku

Food Blogger Kwestia Smaku

Food Blogger Kwestia Smaku

Food Blogger Kwestia Smaku

Food Blogger Kwestia Smaku

By the way, if you open this blog in Google Chrome, it will give you the option to translate it into your language. And a bonus is that if you go to this page and click on the recipes that interest you, they also come with a gorgeous video!

(images: Kwestia Smaku)

Posted by decor8 in blogs, food on August 13, 2013

1. Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 1:49pm

This all looks delicious. I will be checking this blog out!
    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo´s last blog post ..A slice of Southern Italy

2. gosia commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 2:30pm

so happy you like KWESTIA SMAKU, i visit them a lot for some ideas to help me overcome my culinary blackouts and avoid the rut. I cook practically daily for our family of 5 and it’s not easy, believe me, to find inspiration and happiness in cooking when you do it on daily bases.

3. RowdyFairy commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 2:30pm

So yum! Thanks for sharing this :)

4. Dennis Mitchell Stanton commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 2:49pm

Thank you for your efforts.

5. bushra commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 3:20pm

I *must* delurk and congratulate you on your pregnancy, and sympathise with your pregnancy illness. I lost weight on my last pregnancy too, I hope you’re not struggling too much with eating. I don’t mean to make an unhelpful suggestion but I went for the healthiest foods I could tolerate, even though I knew they wouldn’t stay down for long and just hoped for the best. Hope you feel better soon :)
    bushra´s last blog post ..Silent Sunday

6. Emma commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 3:46pm

Wow, every single thing here looks amazing, especially that raspberry bun/cake? second from the bottom. I’m going to go and have a look for it now. Thanks for introducing me to another beautiful blog.
    Emma´s last blog post ..Words To Live By.

7. sue commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 4:24pm

looks delicious, and super photos. Not very gluten free looking though. :(

8. Quyen commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 6:10pm

Wow, these recipes look delicious! I would love to try the pasta dish. Looks like a great comfort food dish!

9. Magda commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 7:15pm

I love Kwestia Smaku, I cook often from the recipes Joanna posts. I adore her food photography, too. Being Polish, it is easier for me to follow the recipes, so if you need any help, just let me know :).
    Magda´s last blog post ..Found around: The Tea Bar in Amsterdam

10. Mickey@EuroAmerican Home commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 9:21pm

This is really a nice coincidence. I just wrote a post about cooking an Eastern European veggie dip/spread that my husband and I made on Sunday. It took us half a day, but we’ll thank ourselves later in the fall, when we have a quick snack ready. I would’ve said winter, but I don’t think our 4 jars will last that long.
    Mickey@EuroAmerican Home´s last blog post ..Things to do this summer: Learn to make veggie dips

11. Wrenaissance Art commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 10:11pm

Look at those mouthwatering photos, yum! I love how a lot of cooks are shaking up stodgy old recipes and cuisines with fresh, local ingredients and lighter techniques. Scandinavia and Scotland come to mind.
    Many of my friends found it was seasonings that really brought on the morning sickness. Maybe you can keep down simple, bland dishes that are still tasty and healthy. Good luck!
    Wrenaissance Art´s last blog post ..What will be the 2014 Pantone Color of the Year?

12. Karolina (confetti&cookies) commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 10:18pm

I totally agree! I looooove Kwestia Smaku :) Pictures are amazing and recipes yummy. Definitely worth visiting. Great to see it on your blog as well :)

13. Vero Palazzo commented
    August 13th, 2013 at 11:35pm

so tempting! amazing photos!
    Vero Palazzo´s last blog post ..Inspiración griega

14. Ada (new york) commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 12:33am

every photo looks mega delicious!!!! Thanks for introducing them … im totally inspired to cook more. Hope you feel better soon Holly, and great job on seeing the brighter side of things .. since you can’t eat all then it’s “research” for when you can ;)
    Ada (new york)´s last blog post ..Summer break! … see u in autumn (or on Instagram!)

15. Melissa Hansson commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 1:19am

Wow, which dessert is that first photo? I can’t find it on their site & it looks amazing. Like get in my belly right now amazing! Thanks for the fun new site recommendation!

16. Michelle commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 1:48am

agh…time for lunch….or is that second breakfast……or morning tea ?
    Michelle´s last blog post ..The indoor garden…

17. Punctuation Mark commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 6:08am

Went to the blog though the link in here… Just lovely! Thanks!
    Punctuation Mark´s last blog post ..Ancient Grain

18. picturebook.. mine. commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 7:56am

Wonderful .. !!
    picturebook.. mine.´s last blog post ..Ready ..

19. Diane Harvey-White commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 8:56am

HI Holly
    Morning sickness is just the pits, isn’t it? I had it for 22 weeks with my first and 19 with my second – and mornings, when I was well rested, was the only time of day I actually felt ok. Every day at 11 the sickness would arrive and accompany me throughout my day, it was miserable.

But I know this won’t sound helpful, you have to keep eating, even if you only respond to cravings! I found I totally went back to childhood and ate things that I hadn’t touched for years – tomato ketchup sandwich anyone?

And get rid of the scales, weighing yourself will only scare the life out of you – just like reading ahead in the pregnancy book!

Much love – it’ll all be ok in the end.

Diane
    Diane Harvey-White´s last blog post ..Local Finds

20. Diane Harvey-White commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 9:00am

@sue: You might like Petite Kitchen then. Her recipes are gluten, diary and often sugar free too. And the photography is just as beautiful. http://www.petite-kitchen.com

Diane
    Diane Harvey-White´s last blog post ..Local Finds

21. decor8 commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 9:43am

@Diane – Thanks for your advice but I don’t have morning sickness and my doctor weighs me once monthly so there is no way around it – plus I don’t want to be numb to what’s happening to my body – I want to know so I can monitor it and my baby and be healthy and have a great delivery.

22. decor8 commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 2:33pm

@Diane Harvey-White – Thank you, I’ll check that out.

23. decor8 commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 2:35pm

@Melissa Hansson – It’s called the Stracciatella Cake with Strawberries. You can find a recipe, instructions, photos and a video (YUM!), here: http://www.kwestiasmaku.com/zielony_srodek/truskawki/tort_stracciatella/przepis.html

24. Salome commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 3:47pm

Hi! I also love Kwestia Smaku, it’s my “culinary bible” among all of the polish blogs:)
    Salome´s last blog post ..Borówkowo-truskawkowe babeczki z kruszonką

25. Margarita commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 11:33pm

Iffc after looking at this gorgeous images of delicious food I am hungry love the pasta dish and desserts
    Margarita´s last blog post ..INSPIRING INTERIORS – BAIXA HOUSE

26. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    August 14th, 2013 at 11:35pm

gorgeous {and DELICIOUS} looking food!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..A Rustic Chic Home

27. julia commented
    August 15th, 2013 at 12:16pm

i live this blog and the recepies! there is beautiful videos too!!
    julia´s last blog post ..Tout en légèreté!