Home By Linn in Norway

I’m forever getting lost in Scandinavian blogs like Home By Linn that is authored by a 27-year-old blogger and mom based in Rogaland, Norway. I could look at them all day! Their light, bright rooms and how amazingly pulled together spaces always look – it’s nothing short of inspirational. I often wonder how people manage in spaces so well-edited and perfectly clean, but knowing some of my friends who do live this way, it is possible if you are very tidy and constantly minding yourself. I have a friend in Denmark with toddlers who lives in an all-white home and yes, she has a live-in housekeeper but still – her home is spotless without a fingerprint in sight. I have a housekeeper who visits once every two weeks and still, it’s hard to manage keeping things so clean and there is only two of us (with one on the way!). So before my baby arrives, I’ve been thinking more and more about uncluttering, throwing a big sale at my home and streamlining things.

Home By Linn in Norway

I’ve also been thinking about investing in some nice new pieces of furniture too and some cozy rugs for Fall/Winter since I know we’ll want to spend a lot of time at home with our new baby when the little one arrives in January. My mother is planning to come spend a few months with us this winter too so I think the nursery will be her room and the baby will just sleep in our room so she doesn’t have to stay in a hotel. But this means also preparing the room for baby and grandma. So there is much to be done and I’m nearly halfway through my pregnancy so I need to get to work on this sooner than later. Who knows how I’ll feel later this year! I’ve been looking at lots of gorgeous homes lately online so I can pinpoint exactly how I envision things around my own home. As soon as get everything pulled together, I’ll share some photos on decor8.

Home By Linn in Norway

Home By Linn in Norway

Home By Linn in Norway

Home By Linn in Norway

Home By Linn in Norway

Home By Linn in Norway

Home By Linn in Norway

Home By Linn in Norway

Until then, we’ll all have to find inspiration through wonderful blogs like Home By Linn. Her style is so simple and pretty so do visit her blog, it’s amazing. Don’t miss her other blog, Life By Linn, either.

(images: home by linn)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on August 23, 2013

1. Christina commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:25am

Hello!
    Love how all the purples find their way into black and white!

2. designikonen commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:41am

great pics!
    designikonen´s last blog post ..Duckdalbe mit Eames Housebird

3. Peg commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 2:16pm

Another shiny example of how the scandis have such a fine eye for light airy interiors. Love this! Congrats on the bump- such exciting news. x
    Peg´s last blog post ..THRIFTY THURSDAY: ALARM CLOCK DOCK

4. decor8 commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 2:22pm

@Christina – Yes me too – was thinking that as I looked at those photos. Really love the addition of purple.

5. Nadine commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 6:40pm

Dear Holly,
    you´re pregnant?!? What wonderful news! I missed it. Congratulations to you and your husband.

“Home by Linn” is on my bloglist, too. What a wonderful home.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Nadine

6. Danielle commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 1:13am

Congrats on your pregnancy! I am also due in January (the 29th) with my first baby. I’ll be curious to see how you decorate for the little one.

7. decor8 commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 10:58am

@Danielle – I am due on Jan 31 but of course, you are full term between weeks 37-42 so who really knows!

8. delinska design commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 8:52pm

Beautiful ! I love white Scandinavian houses !

9. Sabrina commented
    August 25th, 2013 at 12:58am

So beautiful! Love the light, airy feel. I have an obsession with lights and love lots of window area. Scandinavians seem to have a great eye in interior decorating! :-)
    Sabrina´s last blog post ..Hello Germany!

10. Holly commented
    August 27th, 2013 at 12:40am

So fresh and lovely! Thanks for sharing the beauty.
    Holly´s last blog post ..Tomato!

11. Caris commented
    August 29th, 2013 at 8:18am

Just LOVELY! It’s amazing how the plain and simple white becomes an elegant and homey canvass for design. I love how the wood shines against the color too! A nice example of a romantic, industrial-inspired design!
    Caris´s last blog post ..Of Messing up with the Coding…