Martha Stewart American Made: Vote!

I loved recently learning about the Martha Stewart American Made audience choice award in her most recent issue of Living magazine. This is a contest that I can really get behind and I don’t generally even LIKE contests – but yet this seems so good for all of those involved from an exposure standpoint – and also simply the excitement of being nominated and recognized in the first place, that you can’t help but get excited for everyone despite who wins. They’re all winners anyway, right?

Martha Stewart American Made: Vote!

Currently, you can go to the Martha Stewart American Made website where you have until September 13, 2013 to vote for your favorite makers in 6 categories: food, craft, design, style, technology, and garden. You can vote up to SIX TIMES per day for your favorites. Each vote enters you into a weekly drawing to win a book signed by Martha Stewart, American Express gift cards, and other prizes.

The six nominees with the most votes in each category (food, craft, design, style, gardening, or technology) will receive an American Made Gift Basket and be featured on their website and on Sirius radio. From this group of finalists, the audience will then choose the Grand Prize Winner between September 17-23 and on September 24th the winners will be announced.

The 2013 Audience Choice Winner receives $10,000 to further their business plus a trip for two to New York City to attend the American Made Workshop where for two days, Martha Stewart Living magazine will transform New York’s Grand Central Terminal Vanderbilt Hall into the American Made Workshop and showcase the best artisanal and handmade crafts, gifts, foods, gardens, projects, and designs. They will also be given a feature on marthastewart.com. Not bad!

A major German fashion magazine owned by Conde Nast called Myself had a similar contest a few years ago for a reader’s choice award and I won in the design category. I was so thrilled. I was given a trip for two to Munich, they shot a video of me working at my home, I was featured in their magazine, photographed with my husband at their red carpet awards gala, honored on stage before a large audience and given a lovely prize that I still cherish and display in my home. These types of things can really mean a lot to those of us who are working independently, at least it meant a lot to me. I was just nominated for a German media award called the Lead Award but we’ll see… I’m up against some amazing writers and bloggers! I just feel honored to have been nominated in the first place. To me, that’s already a win. I’m sure all of the current American Made nominees must feel the same and if they don’t – they should. It’s an incredible honor!

I wish ALL of the nominees the best of luck and I hope all of my readers will get involved and vote!

(images: marthastewart.com)

Posted by decor8 in events + markets on August 27, 2013

1. Shawna @ The Sky Parlor commented
    August 27th, 2013 at 5:07pm

What a great way to spotlight hardworking, creative artists & makers. Off to vote!
    Shawna @ The Sky Parlor´s last blog post ..inner sanctum: a bedroom library

2. t a r a commented
    August 28th, 2013 at 4:33am

this is awesome, my vote is in :)!

3. Holly Johnson commented
    August 28th, 2013 at 4:51am

Hi Holly, This is such a great event! Thank you for promoting–so many amazing nominees at American Made this year! I am excited to know about LEADS and will vote for you there! Best of luck and happy summer!

4. Holly Johnson commented
    August 28th, 2013 at 4:55am

oops, sorry…can we vote for you at LEAD? or is it just a jury selection?

5. Femke Dekker - ter Meulen commented
    August 28th, 2013 at 1:09pm

Totally my style!! x Fem
    Femke Dekker – ter Meulen´s last blog post ..Show Up Event

6. Dormitorios commented
    August 28th, 2013 at 2:51pm

Awesome event! Holly, I follow your blog from Argentina, thanks for being all the time sharing information about this kind of events and specially for the tutorials you publish in your site. We love decorating the same way as you! :)
    Best regards
    Dormitorios´s last blog post ..Nuevas tendencias para dormitorios modernos

7. Debbie McCarty commented
    August 28th, 2013 at 3:51pm

Good luck to everybody!
    Debbie McCarty´s last blog post ..Business Transcription

8. NIcole Ketchum commented
    August 28th, 2013 at 4:55pm

Yes this contest is exciting!
    Nicole

9. Evon Cassier commented
    September 4th, 2013 at 1:49pm

Hi Holly, I’ve heard about your blog so many times from friends here in NH but I recently stumbled upon it while searching the “Martha Stewart American Made” contest. There are so many really talented makers out there and I’m curious if you’ve identified some of your favorites?

10. Barara J Hart commented
    September 6th, 2013 at 4:28am

Hi Holly – thanks for posting this. What a fabulous idea! I will definitely check out the site and cast my votes.. Grand Central Terminal’s Vanderbilt Hall is a great place to showcase the works of American Made artisans.