Happy Labor Day!

Hello everyone! Today is Labor Day in the US and though I live in Germany, I still observe American holidays so I’ve elected to take today off to begin organizing my home for some upcoming projects. And tomorrow is the BIG DAY… The big ultrasound! I can’t wait to know if I’m having a boy or a girl but more importantly, to check in on the baby and make sure all is well. I have no idea about the gender, some moms instinctively know but I haven’t been able to determine that at all yet. I wonder if any of you had a feeling and then you were right? I am 50/50 – and thrilled in either case.

kokokoshop

Today it is cloudy in Hannover, but a happy kind of cloudy. And very cool outside, though we are promised a heat wave at the end of the week so I’m basking in the moody weather today with candles on and favorite French tunes playing in the background. I’m beginning to sort things in my studio and prepare my home for Fall. It’s a ritual I enjoy each year, the big shift, and I love it very much. I’m actually ready for Fall now, are you? I crave all of that cool weather and crunchy leaves, comforting hot drinks and warm blankets and clothing. This year is a little different though, as I am planning a total redux at home since I’ve missed changing things up (haven’t redecorated since 2010) and feel a huge need to make some changes. I never go this long before I alter rooms at home, but now with a baby on the way, I am more motivated that ever to simplify and organize so that I can enjoy my home more this winter when the little one arrives.

The only thing I cannot do now, that is really hard to hold myself back from doing, is to push my furniture around! Argh! This bit drives me crazy because I love moving furniture but it’s not advisable when pregnant to move 300lb bookcases, is it?! So I guess I will be asking my husband and his body builder friend to come by as I play the role of bossy bear and point to stuff. Now that I think about it, that actually doesn’t sound so bad. :)

Anyway, have a lovely day and I’ll meet you again here tomorrow. And if you love the little cloudy handmade pillow, visit kokokoshop on Etsy, a shop I definitely want to order from soon. So cute!

Have a nice day!

(image: kokokoshop)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on September 02, 2013

1. Luciana Rodrigues commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 11:26am

I had feelings, dreams, and I was quite sure it was a boy, then in the first ultrasound I discovered it was a girl!!! Of course I was so happy, but since then I do not believe anymore in my own instinct about pregancy and baby gender.
    xoxo
    Luciana (happy mother of two girls, one is 3 y.o. and the other is 7 months)

2. Rosa commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 11:46am

When I had my 20 weeks ultrasound I was so excited to see my baby in the screen moving arms and legs that I didn’t realise that the radiologist said ‘it’s a boy’. When I was back at home I asked my husband ‘did she say that he’s a boy?’ and my husband said ‘I don’t know’. We were so excited to see our baby that we didn’t pay any attention to what the radiologist said. Have a lovely week!
    Rosa´s last blog post ..Hola septiembre… Hello September…

3. Nadine (of IaK) commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 12:07pm

Hi Holly,

I am totally with you on the autumn/fall craving. My list on decorating and cleaning and changing seems endless for this month, but makes me so so excited.
    On the baby news front: I wish you all the best for the ultrasound tomorrow. Although I havent had the pleasure yet to be pregnant, I can share a cute story on the gender guessing. One of my best friends thought all through her pregnancy, she is going to have a girl. She didnt ask for the gender, she said she feels it. In the end it was a boy and she had to laugh so much about the surprise.

4. tinajo commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 12:46pm

Oh my, that was the cutes cloud! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..What´s for dinner?

5. Glenda Childers commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:04pm

I love moving furniture, as well, even in our small vintage Chicago apartment.

You sound very happy!

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..Sober Mercies: A Book Review

6. Bekka commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 1:29pm

i had no idea you lived in Hannover, my uncle used to live there! Good luck for the ultrasound tomorrow – how exciting! Your day sounds lovely, and I’m hoping we get some sun in England towards the back end of the week too, I’m not quite ready to say goodbye to the last of the sunshine!
    Bekka´s last blog post ..Hello, September!

7. Rosa commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 2:32pm

Happy to read your sweet news and waiting to know more ;-)
    Maybe I could have something to propose you…

8. Janet Kemp commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 3:06pm

Good Luck for your scan tomorrow, Holly, very exciting.

I, too, was nauseous like you, had my first scan and received the very exciting news that I was having triplets. Saw them all moving around.
    Hahahaha, my life turned upside but it has been the best thing ever.

9. Agata commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 3:44pm

Good luck for the ultrasound tomorrow – how exciting! I was twice pregnant, and I knew that I will have boys, it was just a feeling and my secret wish. The doctor during the ultrasound did not surprise me at all….;)
    Agata´s last blog post ..101woonideeen voor kinderen

10. Jutta commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 4:10pm

I always thought that if I had a baby it would be a girl. I imagined going shopping for pink dresses and decorating a girl’s room :) But when I got pregnant for some reason I instantly thought it was a boy, and had that feeling throughout the pregnancy (my husband didn’t want to know the gender beforehand)… And boy it was! :)

Exciting news for you tomorrow! Can’t wait to hear them and see how the nursery turns out!
    Jutta´s last blog post ..Summer Yard Sales and Flea Markets

11. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 4:15pm

I’m happy for you, Holly! Enjoy this beautiful time in your life..warm hugs..meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Meyha’s Room | Little Changes

12. Sarah @ Mocha commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 4:32pm

I wish you well for tomorrow. Such an exciting time! And it’s going to be such an incredible experience for you tomorrow to see your baby on the screen.
    Sarah @ Mocha´s last blog post ..How Home Accessories Really Can Make You Feel Happier

13. Tracy A. commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 5:08pm

14. geraldine commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 6:23pm

So excited for you. Have a fun scan day, it’s amazing nowadays what you can see, it also bonds you closer to the little one. I still remember mine fondly, it’s like falling in love. xx
    geraldine´s last blog post ..Where to stay in Copenhagen – an airbnb flat in the cool area of Island Brygge.

15. Erin commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 6:54pm

Enjoy your American day off {as you should!}. This is such exciting news. I can’t imagine the anticipation!!

xx Erin
    Erin´s last blog post ..Say It Ain’t So…

16. Kristin Johnsen commented
    September 2nd, 2013 at 10:13pm

Enjoy being bossy bear – that sounds fun! I’m not yet able to let summer go, but newly retired, with some new furniture projects on my list, know I will enjoy moving into Fall and redecorating just a bit! Best of luck on the ultrasound!
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..Home Again, Home Again

17. Alice Gibson commented
    September 3rd, 2013 at 12:04am

Good luck with your scan tomorrow! Am so excited for you!

18. krisha commented
    September 3rd, 2013 at 6:29am

Hi
    Boy or girl – you are heading for the most wonderful time! best of luck!
    I did not know the sex before labour but I was very sure that my first was a boy – the labour ended in a tiny bit of drama and the pediatrician (who I later discovered was an call for the first time and hence quite overreactive) ran out with the baby to examine him. The obstetrician kept saying don’t worry SHE is ok and all I could think was She? there is no she.. and so the nurse had to go out and check and sure enough – came back with a healthy ruddy beautiful BOY
    krisha´s last blog post ..New pencases for a new school year!

19. Sarah Stäbler commented
    September 3rd, 2013 at 11:41am

Can’t wait to hear the big announcement of what you’re having, too! So exciting!

20. Danielle commented
    September 3rd, 2013 at 6:51pm

Good luck today, Holly! I’m due just a few days after you, so it’s fun to follow your progress. My big US will be next week, at 20 weeks. I already know it is a girl (via the chromosome blood testing I had done a few weeks ago). I was thinking it was a boy. I didnt care either way…but I’ve had a lot of fun planning a girl nursery!

21. Mimmi commented
    September 3rd, 2013 at 7:02pm

So excited to hear if it’s a boy or girl! I ‘knew’ with all three of mine (#3 still cooking :)) … I have a girl, a boy, and my little 27weeker is another girl! xx

22. Laura Gaskill @ Lolalina commented
    September 3rd, 2013 at 8:31pm

How exciting!! When I was pregnant, I was SO convinced it was a girl and it turned out we were having a boy…so much for woman’s intuition!

Have fun being bossy bear for a while more yet!!!
    hugs,
    Laura
    Laura Gaskill @ Lolalina´s last blog post ..It’s Giveaway Time from BHLDN!

23. sula362 commented
    September 3rd, 2013 at 10:25pm

I never asked about the sex of my first child during the scans, and I was not told ( or I missed it in the german)- so I was convinced I was having a boy right up to them handing me my baby girl at the birth. We did not even have a name for her – just for a boy :)
    sula362´s last blog post ..feeling safe?

24. Diana Gailing commented
    September 4th, 2013 at 2:43am

Hi Holly,
    just stumbled upon your beautiful blog, and I noticed that you live in Germany. How fun. Do you like it? I’m german myself. I’m from Frankfurt, but I live now in Los Angeles. The pillow is darling!! You are probably nesting, if you want to rearrange the house :) Congratulations and best wishes on your pregnancy!!

Diana
    Diana Gailing´s last blog post ..Hello September

25. Michelle commented
    September 4th, 2013 at 5:15am

Can’t wait to find out what you’re having! So exciting. I “knew” with my first six, and was right, however, number seven threw me for a loop- guess I was wearing down, lol. I tend to move furniture around a lot when I’m pregnant-use your hips to shove everything around, heehee- but not the 300 lb bookshelves!!

26. Dianna commented
    September 11th, 2013 at 10:04pm

Hello! I’m a few days behind here, but I’m so excited for you! I’m currently 24 weeks pregnant and found out our baby was a girl. Such an amazing day for sure to find that news….I was kinda crossing my fingers for a girl! ;-)
    I’m in major nesting mode and understand the want to move furniture! I might be pushing myself more than I should, but it’s hard to stay still with this A-type personality! Can’t wait to hear what the baby is! now the real fun shopping starts! Cheers!