NEW: Happy & Bright IKEA Slipcovers

Hello everyone! I’ve been thinking about all things renovating and all things baby lately. It’s kind of taking over my brain! We will move either the end of December or first week of January, my due date is January 25th, and my new space is completely under renovation. My husband and his friend will go work on it today since the painter doesn’t think he’ll finish it all in time (he is leaving for Paris soon for the holidays) but we’re all determined to get things done so we’re hard and having fun in the process.

I am generally pretty laid back and, good news for all, baby hormones haven’t made me in the slightest bit moody or whine-y, so I’ve been really relaxed about everything. I haven’t felt any stress from taking on so much (so far). I like being busy because having a full life takes the stress off of me – If I’m sitting here with lots of free time then I have more time to worry about the typical baby delivery and new motherhood concerns. Everything is moving along so well and it feels really great you guys! I wanted so much to enjoy my pregnancy and after the first 20 weeks of pregnancy sickness hell, it’s great to have energy, the “glow”, to really be able to enjoy this moment in my life. It may never happen again, so I’m trying to take it all in, you know? AND I’m finally gaining weight. I lost 20 lbs during the first 18 weeks but I’ve gained nearly 12 of it back. I’m still lighter than I was when I got pregnant, but my baby boy is growing beautifully and his measurements are in synch with normal baby measurements (week 31 begins on Monday). I couldn’t be happier.

So let’s talk about decorating. Today I received the cutest press release about Swedish slipcover company Bemz and their new partnership with Littlephant. Made for young and old alike, their new collection is made up of 100% natural fibers and is machine washable, features covers for mattresses, sofas, mattress pads, chair covers, bedspreads, beanbags and more. This stuff seriously got me so excited about the baby’s nursery design, even MORE excited that I thought I was before. I love seeing these sweet rooms and happy colors. These sweet designs are by textile designer and illustrator Camilla Lundsten.

By the way, is that washi tape on an IKEA locker cabinet above? Hmmm. I think it is and if so, brilliant!

Check out all of this color – wild, right? I couldn’t live in a home with this much pattern and color BUT I can definitely imagine a few of these patterns in a baby’s or kid’s room, playroom or even a living room or dining area. I love strong geometric prints! Here are more dizzy rooms to make your head spin! Fun!

9SO_8I_QViW1rQhfn_a0DJXOYsqG8PzZY_ceEo-FH6FV=w722-h953-no

25-besk

I LOVE the legs on this sofa! Don’t you???

I’m all about stacking small mattresses, princess and the pea style – so cute!

2TufXEOKqgeErMAXVW7n4N__EdOFip5ENfjTpnrTlUla=w594-h953-no

There is that IKEA locker cabinet again with, what I’m guessing is, washi tape on the front. So cute! Speaking of IKEA, I have to go to my local store this weekend to order new countertops and hardware for my cabinetry and look for a few small things for our new apartment. I think I read somewhere that this collection presented throughout this post won’t be in stores until March but perhaps I’ll spot a few things and if so, I’ll let you know what I thought once I see everything up close and personal.

Do you spot any ideas or patterns that catch your eye?

(images: bemz)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on November 22, 2013

1. Polly Rowan commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 4:27pm

I love the pattern on the sofa in the first picture (and the headboard later on). So lovely. This new collection is right up my street! Thanks for sharing Holly.
    Polly Rowan´s last blog post ..Moving Weekend

2. Leonita commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 4:40pm

Holly, this is beautiful! Du you know where the Print with te raining cloud is from? Would look perfect in my little girl’s room (due date: 12. Jan. – weeeehhh!)

All the best for your baby, the new apartement and and all other thing to come!

3. Camille commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 4:47pm

It’s beautiful !
    Camille´s last blog post ..Bom Dia Porto !

4. Corinne commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 4:50pm

Yes there is an overload of patterns and colors but it totally works! Those rooms are beautiful and I am usually not a big fan of the geometric/vintage/pastel/scandi combo. Would love to know where the rugs are from.
    Corinne´s last blog post ..Marsano Vintage in Berlin

5. Cintia Soto commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 5:14pm

Perfect for teens they love colors and geometric forms. I really love the colors.
    Cintia Soto´s last blog post ..Walking around San Gimignano.

6. L'Oliphant commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 5:51pm

Love them all! :)

7. Sandra zerahn commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 6:31pm

Leonita,

I don’t know if this is the same, but it is pretty similar :-) and very cute
    Sandra zerahn´s last blog post ..Gode grove morgenmuffins

8. Sandra zerahn commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 6:32pm

Sandra zerahn,

oh I forgot the link-sorry, here it is: http://www.littlestudioshop.bigcartel.com/product/little-cloud
    Sandra zerahn´s last blog post ..Gode grove morgenmuffins

9. Becca commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 6:33pm

These colours and patterns are INSANE, but in the best way possible! These rooms remind me of an ice cream parlour, with lots of colourful sherbets! I love the mint/white scallop pattern on the couch. So cute. Thanks for sharing Holly!

10. Jutta von Kreativfieber commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 7:03pm

I love the stacked small mattresses! So cute… and perfect for a little reading nook! Thanks for sharing :)
    Jutta von Kreativfieber´s last blog post ..Geschenkideen Fundstück: Lumimaja

11. Martina commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 8:13pm

Wow, that’s pretty much of color and patterns. To much for me, but some of the patterns are really nice.
    The legs are cute, i recently found them on http://www.prettypegs.com/de/
    The mattresses look a little bit like a set of mattresses i saw at 3suisses.fr few years ago. I like that :)

12. Leonita commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 9:18pm

Sandra zerahn,

It is indeed, adorable ;-)
    Thank you, Sandra!

13. amina commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 9:53pm

I really like ikea, and fabrics you show us today cause I’m sure expectation.

I invite you to visit
    amina
    amina´s last blog post ..soluciones mesa de centro

14. Mimi commented
    November 22nd, 2013 at 10:14pm

These slipcovers are so bright and happy. guaranteed to lift anyone’s spirits.
    Mimi´s last blog post ..How to Decorate Your Table for Thanksgiving Like a Pro

15. rucha commented
    November 23rd, 2013 at 6:27am

loved loved those frames ..cloud rains :)

16. modflowers commented
    November 23rd, 2013 at 10:49am

Love the prettypegs legs on the sofa! Pity they’re so expensive… I mean, €89 for a set of 4 sofa feet? We got our ikea sofa from the bargain corner and the feet would cost more than the sofa did! :)

17. Marinda commented
    November 23rd, 2013 at 3:41pm

I love that sofa!!! And I am so happy that everything is going well!

18. Tracey commented
    November 23rd, 2013 at 9:26pm

Oh wow! These are AMAZING!!!! I love where Ikea is going and the red feet on the sofa ….. to die for. Have a fantastic weekend!
    Tracey´s last blog post ..Gild & Co. featured in Canadian House & Home Magazine

19. Stacey@ Cottage Industry commented
    November 25th, 2013 at 5:38am

This is my kind of decorating….colorful and lots of prints!! Love this post and looking forward to seeing these fabrics, etc. at IKEA!

20. Stacey@ Cottage Industry commented
    November 25th, 2013 at 5:41am

PS – is the wallpaper Orla Kiely?
    Stacey@ Cottage Industry´s last blog post ..A Jolly Good Giveaway!

21. Bhima Bramantika commented
    November 25th, 2013 at 11:33am

Very fresh color,really-really amazing… Simple fresh idea,good taste!!!

22. Sue Schlabach commented
    November 25th, 2013 at 3:05pm

It’s maybe good that the nearest IKEA is three hours away in Montreal. It’s maybe also good that I’m going to Montreal on Friday!!
    Sue Schlabach´s last blog post ..Under the Cacao Tree in Bonnington Square

23. Sue Schlabach commented
    November 25th, 2013 at 3:07pm

Just see that your due date is the 25th. Not that I’d ever wish you to be tooooo overdue, but my daughter was born on the 28th, and it’s been quite a good day in this house for the last 11 years….and the birth was memorable and beautiful too. Wishing you all good things in these final months.
    Sue Schlabach´s last blog post ..Under the Cacao Tree in Bonnington Square

24. Chi chi Furniture commented
    November 27th, 2013 at 12:31pm

Hello, I’m like you, I love all these pics, but am not sure I could have my whole house like it. The odd room would be fab. I love colour but like to add it in a slightly more subtle way, maybe a chosen feature piece upholstered in a vibrant colour or a brightly painted side unit. I do love the yellow desk chair. Certainly a very happy space. Glad you are enjoying your pregnancy :O)

25. decoration montpellier commented
    November 27th, 2013 at 5:43pm

excellent decoration, i like very much the creators of ikea

26. Marieke commented
    November 28th, 2013 at 11:43pm

I love that teapot!! Do you know where i can buy it?