Wool On Canvas: Artwork by Jane Denton

I love unique artwork that isn’t on everyone else’s walls, don’t you? That’s why I’m so drawn to original works from artists and also those random vintage paintings found at flea markets – they really become your own. When I heard from Jane Denton recently, a textile artist and designer from New Zealand, I fell in love with her contemporary, colorful artwork which predominantly uses wool on canvas. It’s so happy!

web

happy

cropblog Circles up close

If you are interested in inquiring about her work, you can contact Jane directly or work with either Allium Interiors or Small Acorns. If you worry about shipping expenses, I’m sure she can send pieces unframed and flat packed for international post so then you simply need to have your lovely piece framed locally. Easy!

To learn more about Jane, you can read a fab interview on The Design Chaser here.

Such lovely and unique work! I particularly love seeing a grouping above a sofa – don’t you?

(Photos: Kirsty Gibson Photography)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on November 27, 2013

1. Cintia Soto commented
    November 28th, 2013 at 3:59am

I love this art, simple fine and colorful at the same time, thank you for sharing.
    Cintia Soto´s last blog post ..Food photography Inspired by the supermarket

2. Megan of Dressed By Style commented
    November 28th, 2013 at 7:41pm

I love this modern take on a traditional old-fashioned craft. The result is a fresh, contemporary artwork which has great texture and graphic appeal. With the explosion of art walls loaded with popular prints, this really stands out as something special! Beautiful, bright and, above all, original!
    Megan of Dressed By Style´s last blog post ..out & about – Curate

3. Jane Denton commented
    November 29th, 2013 at 9:18am

Thanks for featuring my work Decor8!! Wee note, the wall art photo was taken at Tea Pea (www.teapea.co.nz) in Wellington NZ – with the lovely Meg McMillan styling it!

4. Megan of Dressed By Style commented
    November 29th, 2013 at 10:46am

So GREAT! Fresh, graphic and a lovely modern spin on a traditional craft. With an explosion of generic prints on art walls, this is a breath of fresh air – an original curation of bold, contemporary eye candy! thanks for this inspiration, Holly. xo
    Megan of Dressed By Style´s last blog post ..Snap! 26

5. Elliot commented
    November 29th, 2013 at 11:42am

I adore your blog! Is so inspirational and aesthetic ♡
    Elliot´s last blog post ..Sketchbook: Kenzo/Alter-ego

6. Michelle commented
    November 29th, 2013 at 10:53pm

So lovely to see Jane’s work featured here. I’m a massive fan, and very lucky to own two of her pieces. They are even more beautiful in real life! Thanks for sharing my interview x