Inspiration Monday

Good morning readers, I hope that you are all doing great and are ready to begin a new week with me here on decor8! I came across this thought-provoking quote earlier so I’m allowing it to guide me throughout the week, “Stop being who you were and become who you are.” – Paulo Coelho. I think this is an especially lovely thought if you are climbing out of a rut or a period of darkness or stress in your life. It’s a nice reminder that things do not always need to be hard or that your life cannot be turned around for the better. Today I want to share a few inspiring things I came across recently, one being the Anthropologie blog and some of the inspiring stories and imagery there. Since flowers always make me happy, I’ll begin with these images from prop stylist and wedding designer Rebecca Gallop of the blog A Daily Something in collaboration with Sweet Root Village.

flowers1

decorateflowers

I’m since always applying fashion ideas to interiors, I also find loads of inspiration by simply the tulle of this skirt and in the second photo, seeing it paired with those stunning wine booties. I love the combo of salty and sweet, soft and rocker chic, it’s how I imagine a perfect room to be and the look I’m trying to capture as I decorate my new apartment. I also see this combo as a winning color palette for a living room… The wine leather purse would be the perfect sofa.

tumblr_inline_mxcllscMZZ1rhg4g8

tumblr_inline_mxcllxMH0y1rhg4g8

And of course, I’m all about gift wrap! I love these ideas from Anthropologie shown below.

tumblr_inline_mwjke51TG01rhg4g8

tumblr_inline_mwjkk7EzPP1rhg4g8

Do you remember when I taught a gift wrapping class two years ago for Anthropologie when they had their pop-up shop in Berlin around the holidays? It was so much fun (I posted about it here), I will definitely host another in 2014 but from my own studio here in Hannover or perhaps locally at a small shop. I love teaching and just being creative and working with others. Such a thrill! Here are a few examples of the boxes I taught students how to wrap and decorate using torn papers, napkins, washi tape and torn pieces of fabric.

decor8GiftWrap
giftwrap_decor8

Now it’s time for me to get a little lost on the Anthro site and do some shopping for my friends in the UK, US and Germany. :)

(images linked to their sources above. Bottom two images: holly becker)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on December 09, 2013

1. Serena commented
    December 9th, 2013 at 11:45am

So many amazing inspirations, thanks Holly!
    Serena´s last blog post ..Decorazioni Natalizie DIY#2 Cross Stitch / Xmas Decor DIY #1 Cross Stitch

2. kristina commented
    December 9th, 2013 at 11:46am

I love gift wrapping too. It’s so easy to gift wrap a box, but so much more difficult when you have to wrap an uneven shape.

3. Serena commented
    December 9th, 2013 at 12:10pm
  4. Anastasia of Stilzitat commented
    December 9th, 2013 at 1:07pm

I love this quote! This is exactly the same state of mind, I am actually in right now! In September I won the ‘Wohnideen aus dem wahren Leben’ book on Gudy’s blog. You can’t even imagine, what it has done to me! After a good study of your book I got soooo inspired, that I actually stopped dreaming about all of the pretty stylings I COULD do and went on redecorating my studio from the core! To me it was a rebirth, because now I have an inspiring place where all of my imagination can become reality! Now I am having a christmas wrapping party in my studio, I couldn’t have done it before and I am so thankful for your inspiration! XO Anastasia
    Anastasia of Stilzitat´s last blog post ..DIY CHRISTMAS CENTERPIECES WITH DRIED FLOWERS & FOOD

5. decor8 commented
    December 9th, 2013 at 1:19pm

@Anastasia of Stilzitat – This is wonderful, and makes me feel so happy! :)

6. Anastasia of Stilzitat commented
    December 9th, 2013 at 1:28pm

decor8,

You can be more than happy because it is well deserved! You are doing such a great job and inspire others every day!

7. Marie Solveg commented
    December 9th, 2013 at 9:19pm

Good evening,

So many nice things you want to deal.
    I love your flowers and the blue dress:-)

Marie Solveg

Marie Solveg´s last blog post ..Julelige negle med snefnug

8. Anne Marie Jackson Pattern Occurring commented
    December 11th, 2013 at 8:21pm

Your wrapping inspired me to go and have a play myself! Thank you Holly