January 6, 2014

Want to catch a glimpse of what’s on trend for Spring/Summer 2014 here in Europe? My lovely friend and neighbor, Tinna, just rang my bell to give me some design magazines and to let me know that the new House Doctor catalog is now available (here). This is such an exciting time of the year, when companies roll out their newest collections! As their rep for Germany, Austria and Switzerland, Tinna is always on the front lines when it comes to trends and style. I love having her as a my friend and neighbor. I’ve been a big House Doctor fan for the past five years – their product offering get stronger and stronger with each new collection. I have several House Doctor pieces in my home and now my husband has been converted – he loves their style and has a gorgeous black wooden locker and a dresser with a shelf from them in his office. It’s a great company for both men and women who love a stylish yet practical interior since so many pieces work nicely for couples sharing a space. Would you like a peek at some of my favorites from their new collection? I took some notes as I went along that you can read below on each image.

NEW House Doctor For Spring!

One thing that surprised me the most about this collection is that it’s in MY NEW APARTMENT COLOR SCHEME! My kitchen walls are blue (like the color shown above) with white tile work and black accents, my entryway is a peachy-pink like the color shown above, we have copper lighting in the hallway, the baby’s room is mint, black, goldenrod, blue and gray, my workroom is black, gray, white, blue, peachy-pink and mint with cooper and neon orange accents – it’s actually pretty cool to know that the design I’ve been putting together for months now (we painted end of November/early December), is the same scheme as this gorgeous catalog and I didn’t even know it until today! Some told me that I was crazy for painting my kitchen blue (“But Holly blue is for baby rooms and bathrooms!”) but I really wanted to rebel and try it and I’m so glad that I did. (Our kitchen is Borrowed Light from Farrow & Ball.) And my entry is a pinky peach and some thought it was a bit out there. But I love it. And I’m glad I went for it. I can’t wait to show you when we move in! Here are some more gorgeous photos from the new House Doctor catalog for S/S 2014, complete with some of my notes…

NEW House Doctor For Spring!
What do you like about this collection? Spot any pieces that make you go WOW? Is this color palette on trend where you live for Spring, or not?

(images: house doctor)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Katy at Apartment Apothecary January 6, 2014 at 6:59 pm

I LOVE that black and white striped bench. I definitely want to experiment with more black and white this year – I really like the black and white nursery schemes all over Pinterest, which may be good for you Holly! :)

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} January 6, 2014 at 8:01 pm

this is a color palette i could definitely get behind.
    easy breezy!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

• Reply Monica Da Rosa January 6, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Love all of it! Especially the long bench in the last image. would be great for an entry way…if I only had the space.

• Reply Johanna January 6, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I have had 3 blue kitchens so far – I find it calming and friendly. Looking fortwarf to seine yours!

I also like House Doc, as they dont preiend the stuff to be old/vintage like some Labels so. I especially like the Kamps and the basket of ceramic.

• Reply Lena January 6, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Oh yes, love the benches in the second and last image. And the blue/black colour combination – I think it’s pretty masculine, and I like it. There was a bit of a copper overdose in 2013, I think, and I don’t really want to see it anymore – but that’s my one and only complaint!

• Reply Shell January 6, 2014 at 10:42 pm

I am soooo hearting these pics today, soo very chic and Coco chanel loved black and white for a reason.

I especially love the pops of greenery and the pastels calm the soul.

Bonne Annee’ . Shell – A Darlings nest

• Reply zhi / curiouszhi January 6, 2014 at 10:44 pm

haha.. the makeup/cosmetics bag really made me laugh! Love the selection here, but then again, House Doctor always do great stuff!

• Reply Sasha January 6, 2014 at 11:03 pm

I think it’s a very airy and bright, not intruding color scheme – love it! Definitely for those that want to have some color in their home but are afraid of bold steps – this is definitely a way to go (: Thanks for sharing!

• Reply decor8 January 7, 2014 at 9:48 am

@Sasha – That describes me perfectly – I DO NOT like bold color in my home!

• Reply Aga @ Passion shake January 6, 2014 at 11:09 pm

This has just proved that I TRULY LOVE HOUSE DOCTOR! Forever! Till death do us part? haha :D
    I have to admit the black and white striped bench is definitely my favorite but …i love it all! Yes pleaseeee :))) I adore every piece and the pretty color palette!

Can’t wait to see your blue kitchen Holly and Happy New Year everyone! :)
    Hugs x

• Reply Lucy Chen January 7, 2014 at 2:21 am

Love that sofa in the last photo. Love the design!

• Reply Jeanne January 7, 2014 at 3:49 am

We need to know where you can purchase these items.

• Reply Carole Poirot January 7, 2014 at 9:09 am

House Doctor has to be one of my most favourite brands out there. I don’t know how they do it, their design is always up to date without being too “trendy” (i.e. you’d have to chuck half of it out next season), it fits in with feminine as well as masculine interiors and it’s lighthearted. Absolutely perfect. I’m looking forward to seeing their new range at TopDrawer here in London at the weekend. x

• Reply Piko Interior January 7, 2014 at 9:20 am

This is super nice!

• Reply ella January 7, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I love House Doctor but I don’t understand their method of resale!! It’s impossible to find their bigger products anywhere (at least in Berlin), all I’ve found are their home accessories. Wish they would allow direct purchases!

• Reply decor8 January 7, 2014 at 3:34 pm

@Ella – you should just email their agent in Germany, Tinna Pedersen, at Agentur Pedersen in Hannover. She can help you.

• Reply Katja January 7, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Love this colour palette! Which is a bit odd for me, since pastels and especially pale pink has not been a favourite before. But after a period with black and white and green, and rather strong contrasts, I am ready for a more soft scheme, and have made some changes already. Pale pink cover on white sofa, which is I will combine with a light grey and white striped linen carpet…I am so excited of these new colours, and they feel good :)
    House doctor has some really great products!

• Reply iHanna January 7, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Just thinking about spring makes me happy!

• Reply lou January 7, 2014 at 4:53 pm

i just love all of it! the ceramic baskets are just WOW. but i agree with ella – we lack a store to purchase it all! though that would be very dangerous! :)

• Reply Brooke January 7, 2014 at 5:01 pm

I too wish I could find out where to buy a lot of these items. Does House Doctor even sell in Canada (Calgary, Alberta) or is it only in Europe? I was checking out their website yesterday and you could only sign up to purchase if you were a Dealer or Press. I wish they had an online shop

• Reply Lisa@TheDecorGirl January 7, 2014 at 10:37 pm

So wishing we had House Doctor in the states, such cute items. That what looks like galvanized steel topped table is killer! What a great mix of interior fun. :)

• Reply January 8, 2014 at 1:49 am

Where are the woven grey ceramics from? They are so beautiful

• Reply Sarah @ Mocha January 8, 2014 at 4:22 pm

The sofa in the last image is lovely! The combination of soft blue against warm wood is a great combination. And I really like the idea of combining seating with storage.

• Reply Sarah January 8, 2014 at 5:57 pm

What a gorgeous catalog of pictures! I do love the pastel colors – blue and the pink and I am loving the copper and the stripes! I love polka dots more, but, the stripes look fresh this year. Thanks for sharing – not sure if the colors are on the east coast, but they could be!!

• Reply Wrenaissance Art January 9, 2014 at 7:04 am

I very much like the palette–it has a ’50s look, without the joky, “retro”, ironic hot-aqua-and-pink you see all too often. Very subdued and cooled with gray.

• Reply Dana @ chocolate and sunshine January 10, 2014 at 12:14 am

The colors already make me thing of spring. And, with a crazy winter week in the Midwest and temperatures hitting 11 below zero, I’m ready for an early spring. I like the blue and black color scheme best and pinned it, too.

Hope you are feeling well and am excited for your baby boy’s arrival soon. Much happiness, Holly.

• Reply The Anon January 10, 2014 at 3:21 pm

I totally love this collection, the cushion bench in the 2nd photo and I absolutly adore the color pallet!

• Reply Mrs K January 13, 2014 at 11:17 pm

These pics are stunning!

• Reply Emma January 14, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Perfect palette for the Mediterranean area.
    So inspirational .

• Reply Katrine January 14, 2014 at 6:11 pm

What is the brand of the lamp and the bench/sofa? I really love it

• Reply decor8 January 15, 2014 at 1:46 pm

@Katrine – House Doctor ;)

• Reply Claire January 29, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Love the colour palette! Want to paint the walls in my black and white bathroom a similar pink colour but struggling to find the right colour. All suggestions gratefully received!