Arts + Crafts

New: Print Club Boston

January 22, 2014

I’m always psyched when I hear from fellow Bostonians about a creative project that’s going on there. Boston has such a special place in my heart – I lived there for so long and founded my blog there – it’s a really great and supportive city for creatives! Just this morning I received an email about Print Club Boston, founded by an Australian expat who recently relocated to Boston, Elizabeth Corkery, and wanted to learn more. Elizabeth lives and works and Somerville and as an artist, she decided to try a new adventure and so Print Club Boston was born. What is it exactly? It’s an online source for affordable and limited edition silkscreen prints, and as you can see below, they’re gorgeous and unique. Each piece is released as part of a series which has a thematic cohesion and production and all are printed in limited edition, small runs. I adore the two prints shown directly below, especially the one on the left called Pink Flowers – it really resonates with me for some reason. I imagine it framed in a big copper frame with a white border – so pretty and perfect for springtime!

New: Print Club Boston

Elizabeth has this to say about the first series, “The first collectionThe Grid, The Trellis is an eight-print series, which is based around the structural geometry of the garden trellis. A commonly used armature for the upward growth of plants, the trellis simultaneously addresses the potential for fertile, organic expansion and the unnatural geometric structure of the grid.” It’s so interesting to hear where artists begin on their creative journey, don’t you think? Below is a glimpse of Elizabeth working in her studio…

New: Print Club Boston

New: Print Club Boston

New: Print Club Boston

New: Print Club Boston

New: Print Club Boston

New: Print Club Boston

New: Print Club Boston

And by the way… Do you have any current sources for shopping for art prints online? Or certain artists that you love and follow? Please share your links below, I’m always looking for new sources for art prints!

(images: print club boston)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Shira January 22, 2014 at 4:44 pm

So beautiful!

For art prints online – I LOVE the work of the illustrator Lisa Congdon (; Society6 has a great collection, including the work of Anna Dorfman from Door Sixteen (;…and my own shop, which carries limited edition prints and originals from Quebec illustrators: :)

• Reply decor8 January 22, 2014 at 5:39 pm

@Shira – I love Lisa too ;)

• Reply Sidonie FBR January 22, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Prints are the new..everything! Beautiful work.

• Reply Paul Lewes January 22, 2014 at 5:18 pm

LOVE these prints! thanks for sharing their great work, will be trying to select a print to order later but will be difficult as they all look amazing!

“Do you have any current sources for shopping for art prints online? Or certain artists that you love and follow?” Yes! I’m currently following Mapplique, ordered a print from them before Christmas as a gift and it really was beautiful in person – will be ordering something for myself soon too. Here’s the link:

• Reply Megan January 22, 2014 at 5:51 pm

So beautiful! I’m working a new direction for my own art prints as we speak. I have a print in my shop of a canary sitting on a vintage camera (gouache/collage). I plan to do more in this theme…I’m currently working on a vintage mint-green radio with a mother doe and her fawn standing on top (a bit surreal) and a seventies pastel-colored rotary phone with an owl sitting on top of the handset. I also work on more painterly “New England” themes/objects/architecture. It’s gonna be a busy year for new work, so this post was very inspiring for me. Thinking of you from Pepperell, MA! (near your old stomping grounds I believe?)

• Reply decor8 January 22, 2014 at 5:58 pm

@Megan – I lived in Boston then Hollis, NH.

• Reply Kamilla Vinther January 22, 2014 at 8:45 pm

I have plans to start designing my own art prints, and would love to have shared a link with you, but busy as always, I am not ready yet. So while we wait, have a look at Kristine Krogh’s amazing work right here:

• Reply Barb January 22, 2014 at 8:59 pm

One of my all time favorite artists is Samantha Hahn!!! Her illustrations are GORGEOUS!!!

• Reply decor8 January 22, 2014 at 10:38 pm

@Barb – Me too. I just love Samantha.

• Reply Aidel.K January 22, 2014 at 10:17 pm

@Megan–Beautiful work! I’m reluctant to add links because it’s likely that anything wonderful was discovered right here at Decor8. Nonetheless, here goes. I have a continuing crush on the work of Matte Stephens; he has a fantastic Etsy shop. This shop is on my favorites list, as well. I love the inspirational quotes on these prints (and I love that part of the price goes to charity).

• Reply Sophie January 22, 2014 at 10:54 pm

I love – the prints I’ve bought from there have been so flexible, matching even when I change things around.

• Reply Jennifer C January 22, 2014 at 11:49 pm

I’m an artist and graphic designer and offer prints of my work! (Shameless, I know) I not only post my own works on my blog but the work of so many other talented artists I admire.

• Reply Lucy Chen January 23, 2014 at 4:23 am

Many artists sell prints through Fine Art America . One of my favourite artist is Lori McKnee. I love her still life with bird paintings! And if you like a feel of the Orient, why not check out mine, too? ;)

• Reply mireya pizarro January 23, 2014 at 4:36 am

Well I have seen tons of art on etsy and pinterest. I seek inspiration from these artist. I am an up and coming artist who creates typography with a love of sweets, colors and positive thinking. I will check out the above listed shops. What a great post!

• Reply mireya pizarro January 23, 2014 at 4:38 am

Yes I love the heart one at sevenly!

• Reply mireya pizarro January 23, 2014 at 4:39 am

Kamilla Vinther,

• Reply Sue January 23, 2014 at 11:33 am

Love the screen printing. Such great colors. Here is a link to a photographer who was from Boston, now in California. Amazing model shots, but also some of the best imagined photography and scenic photos from around the world. PG Photos, the artist is Paul Granese.

• Reply Janelle@awhitefarm January 23, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I’m loving these! She is one talented girl!!

• Reply Alison January 23, 2014 at 12:48 pm

My husband is a professional artist & so I have to say he is my favourite!!! *giggle* He has as few new open edition prints out too & some more being launched by his publishers next month.
    You can see his work here

• Reply Temmy January 23, 2014 at 2:38 pm

These prints are gorgeous! Will be perfect for spring like you stated. I’ll definitely be checking them out.

• Reply Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse January 23, 2014 at 4:55 pm

love these prints and seeing the process.

I offer prints in my etsy shop, but I am dire need of adding more, if I wasn’t so busy with branding designs right now.

that said, I really, really like elise’s work

• Reply All you need is home January 23, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Hello this is my new blog

• Reply Emily Stowe January 23, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Midwest Pressed on Etsy! It is two guys who happen to be my favorite printmaking professors when I was a printmaking major in college! Right now, they only have wearable art in their shop (t-shirts and dresses) but they also make prints on paper.

• Reply Ricardo January 24, 2014 at 11:25 am

I’ve bought some prints from a London illustrator that are something special. I found her on society 6:
    She has other work displayed on

• Reply Christina // Franny & Franky Designs January 25, 2014 at 3:11 am

I love this! And I love art prints. I am obsessed and have favorited a million Etsy shops. So much so that I opened my own shop, Franny & Franky Designs. There are so many different styles and awesome approaches out there. And we have stuff covering ALL our walls!

• Reply Bridget January 25, 2014 at 3:18 am

Love! I’m moving to Boston (my home, but haven’t been there for twelve years!) Do you have a list of boston-based design-y blogs that you follow? Need to get up to speed on the scene! Thanks! (p.s. can’t wait to put Decor8Workshop to work for my new place!)

• Reply laura redburn January 25, 2014 at 6:58 pm

i absolutely love all these! i’d love to buy a print. they all look so dreamy!

• Reply L'Oliphant January 27, 2014 at 5:13 pm

great discover thanks! :)

• Reply Sarah @ *Tadaam! January 28, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Amazing prints, thanks !

• Reply Cara White January 30, 2014 at 10:41 am

I love this room! Just perfect colour palette for a restful baby’s room, I know that he/ she is going to love it too.

• Reply Cara White January 30, 2014 at 10:44 am

I also have a special interest in art prints. I am a food stylist in London, and have a small online gallery specialising in foodie based images. The subject varies, from food shops and cafes, peopkle in restaurants, to the freshest market produce shot in a beautiful early morning light.

• Reply Cllacey January 31, 2014 at 2:41 am

Yeah, you should definitely check out Gauntlet Canvas Collection ( Their prints are AMAZING and really affordable as well!

• Reply Lesley Edgar March 4, 2014 at 2:08 am

I have just come across your blog Holly and love it! Looking at your homes with heart, colour inspiration, top trends, art and crafts have all inspired me. I am a designer, was a textile designer for many years. I have a little Etsy shop which connects me with the world and gives me insight into what people love.
    I sell art prints of all sorts but mainly nursery prints. I love colour in all of its myriad of combinations and I am in love with your pastel trend story which I have been playing around with lately.

Etsy is a fabulous market place for art prints of all sorts and is so accessible to everyone around the world.