Fashion + Accessories

Inspired By Spring-y Handbags

February 6, 2014

You can really find inspiration anywhere, can’t you? Today it was in the low 50s and sunny, everyone was out getting ice cream cones and strolling along with friends and family. It felt like spring! It was a very lovely day and though my baby hasn’t arrived yet (I am 6 days late!), I loved being out seeing babies everywhere and enjoyed so much the companionship of my girlfriend and her new baby boy. With spring in the air, at least for today and this weekend, I thought I’d share some of my favorite handbags at the moment because after being outdoors, I started thinking about spring colors and how badly I want to incorporate some of them into my wardrobe in a few months… It’s funny but so many of these bags, clutches and wallets below turned out to be a direct reflection of what colors and patterns are inspiring me in the interior world lately. You’ll see a theme in a second… Here are the colors, patterns and textures that I have my eye on at the moment…

Inspired By Spring y Handbags

1. Couverture and The Garbstore 2. Milk & Honey Handbags 3. Anthropologie 4. Anthropologie 5. Botanika 6. Foley + Corinna 7. Clare Vivier 8. Free People

Inspired By Spring y Handbags1. Ralph Lauren 2. Pure Love 3. Pure Love 4. A-Thread

Inspired By Spring y Handbags

1. Anthropologie 2. Kate Spade 3. Kate Spade 4. Orla Kiely 5. Stella McCartney

Inspired By Spring y Handbags

1. Rebecca Minkoff 2. Rebecca Minkoff 3. Kate Spade 4. Acne Studios 5. Kate Spade

Inspired By Spring y Handbags

All above from Anthropologie Spring 2014.

See a theme? Me too. I guess I would call it the colors of hope, happiness and peace which all happen to be feelings that I’m experiencing at the moment as I know I’ll soon welcome my baby boy. Tomorrow is the birthday of my grandmother and 7 is a very special number for us, so who knows right?

Wish you all a lovely day!

(images linked to their sources above)

• Reply gosia February 6, 2014 at 7:10 pm

clean the floors thoroughly or walk the stairs a lot or drive a bumpy road and tomorrow – TA DA – you boy is with you!!! ;)

• Reply Martine February 6, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Great inspiring post and lovely bags. Really springfeeling.

• Reply Amy - Bead Bash February 6, 2014 at 8:39 pm

We recently bought a house and are renovating every room, I have noticed I am being drawn to colours in clothes that I have been looking at for the house, which means I should blend in with my surroundings very nicely!

Wishing you every happiness with your baby boy. You must be so excited, I was induced before my due date so I didn’t have the curiosity factor of wondering when my baby would arrive. He will be one on valentine’s day and he was the best valentines present anyone could ever have. xx

• Reply María February 6, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Oh!! Are beautiful!!

• Reply merilyn February 6, 2014 at 10:36 pm

hi holly, a bit of diversional therapy didn’t hurt anyone … right!
    yes long walks etc. all the best! … cheers m:)x

• Reply Nicole February 6, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Lovely Post, Holly! I was in a spring mood, too, today! …and ordered a pretty bag in mint/light green right away! Such a special time for you!
    xx Nicole

• Reply Margaret February 7, 2014 at 4:00 am

… lovely colors … lovely bags … and the colors of spring …

Have a nice day.

• Reply sara hajgato February 7, 2014 at 5:33 pm

thank you so much for featuring my clutch, Holly!
    hope the hint of spring brings your baby boy soon!
    warm greetings from Budapest

• Reply Elaine February 7, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I am desperately searching for a new bag which is roomy but not too big as I am petite…I love the Ralph Lauren bag but it looks big and probably pricey, back to searching! Great bag selection.

• Reply Mimi February 7, 2014 at 6:21 pm

I’m really feeling that sunny yellow and floral Kate Spade clutch. It’s only 27.3 degrees here in NY and I’m grateful for this reminder that Spring is on the way.

• Reply Tereza February 7, 2014 at 8:05 pm

oh boy so many beautiful ones it’s hard to choose a fav!

• Reply Dora February 8, 2014 at 10:22 am

I have just discover your blog!! I love these sweet colors…They are pretty inspiring!!

• Reply mireya pizarro February 8, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Wow what a great idea! I love these colors and they are colors I try to work with in my art. Oh congrats on your baby.

• Reply laura redburn February 10, 2014 at 2:00 pm

i adore the mint one at the top middle! loving the pink arrow one too.

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} February 10, 2014 at 4:37 pm

beautiful picks! i personally can never have enough pastels, even if they aren’t always “on trend” {thankfully they are for 2014 so i can scoop up lots of new goodies!}

Molly {Dreams in HD}

• Reply Allyson February 10, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Nothing better than spring colours to get you invigorated and inspired. I too take inspiration from fashion when designing or styling a space or party and the colours you’ve highlighted in your post Holly are fun and of the moment. I especially love the mint tones punctuated with some of the glitz of the gold sparkle and metallic. Good luck to you and all the best for your new family.

• Reply carlotta February 12, 2014 at 11:27 am

I actually used a handbag as the starting point when decorating our hallway.

The first months we lived in our home the entrance area (small, no window, four doors leading off it) was plain white with one photograph hanging there.

The day I decided I water to change the space, I stood there looking around. On the floor next to the door stood my purse, smallish, soft suede duffel shaped bag, that I have had for years (it actually is an early Marni, I inherited it from a cousin waaaaay back in the late nineties, before I knew that Marni was one of the high end brands!). The color of the bag used to be navy, but the years faded the color to a purply-greyish tone. This is the hue I choose for the walls. The back of the doors in this area are a mustardy yellow, as are the straps of the bag. I love it. The bag now always hangs on a hook near the door. We use it as a storage space for our cell phones, keys and little bits and pieces that might get lost elsewhere. The bag has become a table or a shelf. :-)

• Reply Margarita Lorenzo February 12, 2014 at 1:13 pm

A veyr nice selection of bags and purses, all I can think right now is SUMMER, sunshine and lighter clothes.

• Reply Olive February 12, 2014 at 8:44 pm

LOVE those silvery soft metallics and those pinks!!

• Reply tami February 13, 2014 at 3:58 pm

oh man, the bag in the top section, top right? gah!!!! i love it but cannot find it in the link provided! is there any way you remember it’s name? i know, long shot… thanks!

• Reply Beatriz February 13, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Just writing to congratulate you on your blog, I love their elegance. From Spain, I used one of your banners you put in hand.
    I hope I have done right. Regards. Enhorabuena!!!

• Reply Andrea February 14, 2014 at 2:07 am

….I’m guessing by now that something has happened baby wise. I hope all is well. x

• Reply maria February 14, 2014 at 7:18 am

my little one was late as well – something she still does (takes her time!) at 9 yo – what a special time for all of you!!

• Reply Lauren February 14, 2014 at 12:14 pm

All the very best, Holly. Hope the baby comes along tomorrow, safe and sound. Beautiful spring colours. And as spring is a time of new beginnings, it’s the perfect time to welcome your little one into the world!

Have a great weekend.

Lauren x

• Reply Marie Solveg February 14, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Lovely Valentines evening for you.

I love all the bags you found:-)
    Happy birthday for your grandmother:-)

And enjoy.

• Reply Cindy February 20, 2014 at 4:10 pm

The bag in Mint green really attracts me.. Made me think whether to use it as my wedding color. I love blue-purple combined too.. But these bags are drop dead gorgeous!

• Reply I love it I need it February 11, 2015 at 3:30 am

Oh, those are lovely bags. Those yellow flowery ones are cute. It helps me realize on what to sell for my retail fashion accessories for Spring! Thank you so much dear! Keep it up!