Inspired By Spring-y Handbags

You can really find inspiration anywhere, can’t you? Today it was in the low 50s and sunny, everyone was out getting ice cream cones and strolling along with friends and family. It felt like spring! It was a very lovely day and though my baby hasn’t arrived yet (I am 6 days late!), I loved being out seeing babies everywhere and enjoyed so much the companionship of my girlfriend and her new baby boy. With spring in the air, at least for today and this weekend, I thought I’d share some of my favorite handbags at the moment because after being outdoors, I started thinking about spring colors and how badly I want to incorporate some of them into my wardrobe in a few months… It’s funny but so many of these bags, clutches and wallets below turned out to be a direct reflection of what colors and patterns are inspiring me in the interior world lately. You’ll see a theme in a second… Here are the colors, patterns and textures that I have my eye on at the moment…

bags2

1. Couverture and The Garbstore 2. Milk & Honey Handbags 3. Anthropologie 4. Anthropologie 5. Botanika 6. Foley + Corinna 7. Clare Vivier 8. Free People

bags11. Ralph Lauren 2. Pure Love 3. Pure Love 4. A-Thread

bags4

1. Anthropologie 2. Kate Spade 3. Kate Spade 4. Orla Kiely 5. Stella McCartney

bags5

1. Rebecca Minkoff 2. Rebecca Minkoff 3. Kate Spade 4. Acne Studios 5. Kate Spade

bags3

All above from Anthropologie Spring 2014.

See a theme? Me too. I guess I would call it the colors of hope, happiness and peace which all happen to be feelings that I’m experiencing at the moment as I know I’ll soon welcome my baby boy. Tomorrow is the birthday of my grandmother and 7 is a very special number for us, so who knows right?

Wish you all a lovely day!

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in fashion + accessories on February 06, 2014

1. gosia commented
    February 6th, 2014 at 7:10pm

clean the floors thoroughly or walk the stairs a lot or drive a bumpy road and tomorrow – TA DA – you boy is with you!!! ;)

2. Martine commented
    February 6th, 2014 at 7:35pm

Great inspiring post and lovely bags. Really springfeeling.
    X

3. Amy - Bead Bash commented
    February 6th, 2014 at 8:39pm

We recently bought a house and are renovating every room, I have noticed I am being drawn to colours in clothes that I have been looking at for the house, which means I should blend in with my surroundings very nicely!

Wishing you every happiness with your baby boy. You must be so excited, I was induced before my due date so I didn’t have the curiosity factor of wondering when my baby would arrive. He will be one on valentine’s day and he was the best valentines present anyone could ever have. xx
    Amy – Bead Bash´s last blog post ..The fun begins with mood boards, crow bars and shopping

4. María commented
    February 6th, 2014 at 10:13pm

Oh!! Are beautiful!!
    María´s last blog post ..Macedonia de frutas (para cuatro personas)

5. merilyn commented
    February 6th, 2014 at 10:36pm

hi holly, a bit of diversional therapy didn’t hurt anyone … right!
    yes long walks etc. all the best! … cheers m:)x

6. Nicole commented
    February 6th, 2014 at 11:40pm

Lovely Post, Holly! I was in a spring mood, too, today! …and ordered a pretty bag in mint/light green right away! Such a special time for you!
    xx Nicole
    Nicole´s last blog post ..Es wird romantisch

7. Margaret commented
    February 7th, 2014 at 4:00am

… lovely colors … lovely bags … and the colors of spring …

Have a nice day.

Margaret

Margaret´s last blog post ..Apartment with grey and soft blue walls

8. sara hajgato commented
    February 7th, 2014 at 5:33pm

thank you so much for featuring my clutch, Holly!
    hope the hint of spring brings your baby boy soon!
    warm greetings from Budapest

9. Elaine commented
    February 7th, 2014 at 5:40pm

I am desperately searching for a new bag which is roomy but not too big as I am petite…I love the Ralph Lauren bag but it looks big and probably pricey, back to searching! Great bag selection.
    Elaine´s last blog post ..Displaying Home Accessories

10. Mimi commented
    February 7th, 2014 at 6:21pm

I’m really feeling that sunny yellow and floral Kate Spade clutch. It’s only 27.3 degrees here in NY and I’m grateful for this reminder that Spring is on the way.
    Mimi´s last blog post ..Flower Market To Vase: How I Make Flower Arrangements

11. Tereza commented
    February 7th, 2014 at 8:05pm

oh boy so many beautiful ones it’s hard to choose a fav!
    Tereza´s last blog post ..Fruit Green Smoothie

12. Dora commented
    February 8th, 2014 at 10:22am

I have just discover your blog!! I love these sweet colors…They are pretty inspiring!!
    Dora´s last blog post ..Cada día más lucidas

13. mireya pizarro commented
    February 8th, 2014 at 5:05pm

Wow what a great idea! I love these colors and they are colors I try to work with in my art. Oh congrats on your baby.
    mireya pizarro´s last blog post ..Easy washi tape switch plates

14. laura redburn commented
    February 10th, 2014 at 2:00pm

i adore the mint one at the top middle! loving the pink arrow one too.
    laura redburn´s last blog post ..what i wore – striped top and floral skirt

15. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    February 10th, 2014 at 4:37pm

beautiful picks! i personally can never have enough pastels, even if they aren’t always “on trend” {thankfully they are for 2014 so i can scoop up lots of new goodies!}

Molly {Dreams in HD}

Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..Fashion :: Valentine’s Day Style

16. Allyson commented
    February 10th, 2014 at 6:02pm

Nothing better than spring colours to get you invigorated and inspired. I too take inspiration from fashion when designing or styling a space or party and the colours you’ve highlighted in your post Holly are fun and of the moment. I especially love the mint tones punctuated with some of the glitz of the gold sparkle and metallic. Good luck to you and all the best for your new family.
    Allyson´s last blog post ..Blush and Gold Inspiration

17. carlotta commented
    February 12th, 2014 at 11:27am

I actually used a handbag as the starting point when decorating our hallway.

The first months we lived in our home the entrance area (small, no window, four doors leading off it) was plain white with one photograph hanging there.

The day I decided I water to change the space, I stood there looking around. On the floor next to the door stood my purse, smallish, soft suede duffel shaped bag, that I have had for years (it actually is an early Marni, I inherited it from a cousin waaaaay back in the late nineties, before I knew that Marni was one of the high end brands!). The color of the bag used to be navy, but the years faded the color to a purply-greyish tone. This is the hue I choose for the walls. The back of the doors in this area are a mustardy yellow, as are the straps of the bag. I love it. The bag now always hangs on a hook near the door. We use it as a storage space for our cell phones, keys and little bits and pieces that might get lost elsewhere. The bag has become a table or a shelf. :-)

18. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    February 12th, 2014 at 1:13pm

A veyr nice selection of bags and purses, all I can think right now is SUMMER, sunshine and lighter clothes.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..THE COLD PRESS STUNNING ARTIST’S WORK

19. Olive commented
    February 12th, 2014 at 8:44pm

LOVE those silvery soft metallics and those pinks!!
    Olive´s last blog post ..Winter whites……lovely, calm, clean…..and even mysterious.

A…

20. tami commented
    February 13th, 2014 at 3:58pm

oh man, the bag in the top section, top right? gah!!!! i love it but cannot find it in the link provided! is there any way you remember it’s name? i know, long shot… thanks!

21. Beatriz commented
    February 13th, 2014 at 4:54pm

Just writing to congratulate you on your blog, I love their elegance. From Spain, I used one of your banners you put in hand.
    I hope I have done right. Regards. Enhorabuena!!!
    Beatriz´s last blog post ..chinese garden stool

22. Andrea commented
    February 14th, 2014 at 2:07am

….I’m guessing by now that something has happened baby wise. I hope all is well. x
    Andrea´s last blog post ..Valentine’s Day, apparently it’s just a Hallmark Holiday

23. maria commented
    February 14th, 2014 at 7:18am

my little one was late as well – something she still does (takes her time!) at 9 yo – what a special time for all of you!!

24. Lauren commented
    February 14th, 2014 at 12:14pm

All the very best, Holly. Hope the baby comes along tomorrow, safe and sound. Beautiful spring colours. And as spring is a time of new beginnings, it’s the perfect time to welcome your little one into the world!

Have a great weekend.

Lauren x
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Two for Tea, Tea for Two

25. Marie Solveg commented
    February 14th, 2014 at 5:11pm

Lovely Valentines evening for you.

I love all the bags you found:-)
    Happy birthday for your grandmother:-)

And enjoy.
    Marie

Marie Solveg´s last blog post ..Sjove øreringe :)

26. Cindy commented
    February 20th, 2014 at 4:10pm

The bag in Mint green really attracts me.. Made me think whether to use it as my wedding color. I love blue-purple combined too.. But these bags are drop dead gorgeous!