Little Update From Baby Land

Hello everyone, how are you doing? I’m checking in to say hi and let you know that though I’m busy at the moment with our newborn, that I’m still online posting pics on Instagram (@decor8) if you want to follow along until I’m back to blogging regularly again… But seriously you guys, life is so good for us at the moment – we are tired (I’ll tell you more about why in a few days when I post my birth story) but other than that, we are full of love, peace and contentment here in baby land and it’s unbelievable how good this feels.

flower1

Yesterday, we celebrated Aidan’s first week of life together by taking him for a long forest walk in his new Stokke stroller and it was just the greatest little adventure (photo here and here). We ended up in two cafes, grabbed lunch, and went back home after a few hours to prepare for visitors who came by last night including Thorsten’s parents. This week, we have a baby photo shoot and I can’t wait to show you those once they’re ready – we’ve hired this very special local photographer to work with us and simply can’t wait to capture these cherished moments during the few few weeks of his life because really, you can never buy back this time again, can you?

Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 3.13.37 PM

Above: Little Aidan, our sweetheart, taken on my iPhone.

In between our appointments and visits (my midwife also comes daily), we are resting as much as possible and enjoying our son so so SO much. I instantly bonded with him and feel really close – like he’s always been here with us.  I love his expressions, big eyes, button nose and how sweet he is in general. It’s also wonderful that we have him on a feeding schedule so he only wakes up at night around 3:30 to be fed and then he’s back to sleep until 6 or 7 and we lay around and get cozy and read, talk, eat, etc. in bed until my midwife comes by which is usually around 11. It’s such a carefree little schedule to be in our baby cocoon with him. We enjoy all of this cuddle time because it’s really so precious and lasts only so long before our schedules no longer allow for us to linger in bed until lunch time each day! It’s truly been the best week of our life.

love

bloom2

Flowers have been coming in for the past week in a steady stream, which is so nice because who doesn’t love some beautiful flowers to welcome a baby? So yes, I hope you are all doing well – I’m in baby la-la land at the moment but as soon as I come out from under his spell I’ll be back here with some posts and to share a new website that we’re launching in the next few weeks – nothing major but still very good… Yay for new stuff!

(photo: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in kids on February 17, 2014

1. valentina commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 3:28pm

Welcome little baby Aidan!
    And congratulations Holly, enjoy this incredibly special time!
    valentina´s last blog post ..rustic & coastal (via Miles & Antena’s House Tour |…

2. Tif Smith commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 3:40pm

Ah. He’s so cute. I love cuddly, sleeping newborns. I know you’re loving every minute, even those minutes when you haven’t showered or you’re up for the millionth time. They are so worth it, every one of them.
    Tif Smith´s last blog post ..Hello world!

3. Carla commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 3:45pm

Oh what a little supercute baby! your post reminds me of my second one. A very easy baby, very cosy, very sleepy… Just a wonderful time with so much warmth and love. Just enjoy it.
    Carla

4. Haikje commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 3:50pm

Good to read that you are having such a precious time! One note: You will never come out from under his spell :-)! Kids are so cute and how much you love your own kids is just magical.
    Haikje´s last blog post ..Snailmail

5. Ilaria commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 4:38pm

Congratulations! This time is so so precious! And good luck for all the new stuff coming ;)

6. Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 4:40pm

just precious Holly. I’m so glad you and T are taking time just to ‘be’ with your little man. enjoy it for all it’s worth.
    Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse´s last blog post ..FREE Friday: spreading some love with free wall art

7. stevi commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 5:51pm

I always think newborns look so wise. When I first saw my son I thought “he must know everything”. It is only a little later that they become innocent babies. Your son is adorable! Congratulations!
    stevi´s last blog post ..Light Cookie everyone!

8. Marianne commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 6:14pm

Rest and enjoy!
    Marianne´s last blog post ..{some thoughts…}

9. Glenda Childers commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 6:33pm

Such a charming boy. Wonderful news.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..My Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe and a Cute Belly

10. Vicky commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 6:36pm

Oh! so cute! lovely and more lovely!
    Vicky´s last blog post ..13. bienvenidos=welcome

11. In a Trendy Town commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 6:38pm

Nice mix of pictures! Beautiful flowers and cute baby!

12. Winter commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 6:38pm

Warm wishes, happy thoughts and a whole lot o congratualtions!

13. Anna commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 7:38pm

Congrats, he looks great. Enjoy those moments my son is 2.5 months old, we have completely different “problems” :) by now

14. Nina commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 8:18pm

Oh how wonderful, my son is now 16 months and I felt these are my best moments right from the very start of his life. Great that you feel this way too!!!!
    Congratulations,….
    Nina´s last blog post ..Ben And Julia Interview

15. Chelsy commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 8:23pm

He is adorable. I’m glad you’re doing so well.

16. fatima malagueira commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 8:38pm

Aww he’s a beautiful baby and you sound perfectly blissed out, just the way it should be. Congratulations and enjoy every precious second of being together. It is the most wonderful cocoon to be in! xx
    fatima malagueira´s last blog post ..A Walk in the Park. Richmond Park…

17. claudia commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 9:07pm

auch ich möchte euch ganz herzlich zu diesem süßen fratz gratulieren. den habt ihr richtig gut hinbekommen.
    ich warte auch in den nächsten tagen auf mein drittes enkelkind.
    ich würde euch so gerne einen meiner babysitzsäcke schicken.
    weiß allerdings nicht wohin ich das paket schicken könnte.
    vielleicht schickt ihr mir eine adresse oder poststation.
    genießt diese zeit, man kann so viel gutes für die zukunft speichern und diese momente mit dem ersten baby kommen nie wieder zurück. deshalb auskosten und zwar in vollen zügen
    ganz viele liebe grüße
    claudia
    (mein englisch ist so schauderhaft, sorry )

18. debbi in Texas commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 9:21pm

He is darling and precious; enjoy each and every moment, now and forever.
    debbi in Texas´s last blog post ..Storage in the house

19. Edmee-Marie commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 9:31pm

Welcome to the world little Aiden and congratulations Holly and Throsten.
    Such a little bundle of joy, sending the three of you the very best of wishes.
    Edmée

20. Sarah commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 9:41pm

He looks so sweet but the good news is that you will NEVER come out from under his spell!! You’re in it for good now!! I’m amazed you even have time to post and take pics. Good for you guys, enjoy every precious moment! ;-)
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Jayne Mansfield’s Pink Palace…

21. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 9:44pm

he is just precious holly.
    a huge congratulations to you and your little family!

22. Maria commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 10:00pm

I can remember that precious time very very well! We had it last year in June. Enjoy it!!
    Maria´s last blog post ..Rezept: Mein schneller Pfirsich-Blechkuchen

23. Julie commented
    February 17th, 2014 at 10:56pm

Congratulations to you both – he is totally gorgeous!! My eldest is 22 now and I still remember those first few precious weeks like they were yesterday. Make the most of these special days in baby land.

24. evelyne commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 1:00am

Congratulations for so beautiful baby. Enjoy this wonderful moment. Hugs Evelyne.

25. Joshtyn commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 1:30am

Many congratulations!! He is absolutely beautiful! and I love hearing about how happy your life is at the moment – it helps to spread joy in the world :) Look forward to seeing pictures from the baby photo shoot – exciting!
    Joshtyn´s last blog post ..Plot Twist!

26. Kim commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 2:29am

He’s so cute and cuddly! I love love love these moments, they are so special! Congrats and enjoy!
    Kim´s last blog post ..forever and always…

27. Yuko @ northfield gate commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 3:23am

Congratulations Holly! Aidan is such a cutie :) I have two little boys myself, and boys are the BEST (yes, I’m biased). Enjoy this precious time as a family. Little ones grow so fast.

28. Margaret commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 4:58am

Congratulations! Enjoy this special time! Your son is very cute and charming.

Margaret
    Margaret´s last blog post ..Monday’s inspiration.

29. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 5:01am

I am so happy for you! With much love and many prayers!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Taco Salad #15MinuteSuppers

30. Hebe commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 5:27am

I like your blog
    Keep going^_^

31. Cintia Soto commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 6:13am

How precious moments Holly great to see your baby!!
    Cintia Soto´s last blog post ..New year, new Travel plans.

32. Barb commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 6:58am

Congratulations Holly! Aiden is so adorable!! I met you at Blog her in Minneapolis …. been praying for this exciting event for you! Enjoy your sweet baby he’ll grow up far to fast!!

33. Lucy Chen commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 10:43am

I’m so happy for you, Holly!
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..What Can We Learn From The Valentine’s Day Gift My Husband Gave Me

34. Margaux commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 2:46pm

It is so good to read and share your happiness! Congratulations to the whole family and Aidan is soooo cute :-)
    Enjoy those precious days and see you sooonn!
    The Blanc Home Team
    Margaux´s last blog post ..BLANC Home Thursday tips #1: How to remove fluffs from your favorite and most delicate pullovers

35. Michelle commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 4:26pm

Congratulations Holly & Thorsten – Aiden looks like such a little angel! Looking forward to seeing the baby pic snaps and hear more about this little adventure in your lives. x

36. tehmna commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 6:34pm

Love adorable Aidan’s pic ,Sleeping like an angel. Enjoy these precious moments with him he will grow faster than you think.

37. Doris commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 9:20pm

Herzlichste Glückwünsche Holly! Enjoy this time! Sweet boy!
    Doris´s last blog post ..Fasching-Karneval

38. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    February 19th, 2014 at 1:50am

Gah….it makes me so happy that this has been the best week of your lives, hunnie. So, so happy for you! I remember that time and treasure it. Enjoy it all, soak it all in! Happy, precious times.
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Tuesday: Obsession

39. anastasia commented
    February 19th, 2014 at 8:47am

he’s just so sweet – long fingers, maybe he’s going to be creative like his mumma!!
    Congratulations again…its a wonderful time but yes full of emotions too, having a baby brings it all out – joy, happiness, fear, worry…everything is there!!
    Cant wait to hear your birth story – it felt like ages, I kept checking to see if you had updated!!
    anastasia´s last blog post ..Love captured…

40. Angel commented
    February 19th, 2014 at 12:11pm

It’s so great that baby A is sleeping well. I remember with my little girl six months ago I was struggling from sleep deprivation at this point. She was feeding every three hours for 40 to 50 minutes which meant I only slept half hour to 90 mins at a time for the first three weeks.

Even with all that six months down the track I still love being a mom :)

Congrats again. You sound so happy :)
    Angel´s last blog post ..Helaina’s nursery tour

41. Susan commented
    February 19th, 2014 at 12:47pm

Congratulations! Enjoy this special time with your new son x

42. Mariela commented
    February 19th, 2014 at 2:58pm

Congrats to the family!!! Welcome Aidan
    Pd: enjoy Babyland – it’s the best place you can be in :)

43. Laura Gaskill commented
    February 19th, 2014 at 11:04pm

Oh Holly, Aidan is such a darling little bundle!! Your words & pictures are making me remember those first weeks in the baby bubble…so sweet. Much love and hugs to you, Thorsten, and your sweet little one.
    xo, Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Love Letters

44. andriana commented
    February 20th, 2014 at 10:51am

Your love and happiness just overflows! I hope you enjoy these precious moments to the fullest!
    andriana´s last blog post ..Garance

45. Nina commented
    February 20th, 2014 at 3:08pm

Such a precious wonder – congratulations and lots of love for the little family

46. Liselore commented
    February 20th, 2014 at 9:24pm

Congratulations with your littlestarblog family Holly! Enjoy the first weeks! It’s such a joy!!

Big Hugs,

Liselore

47. Helen commented
    February 20th, 2014 at 11:38pm

Congrats Holly he is adorable. All little boys have a special place in their mummies hearts. It sounds like it is a prefect start to your lives with your little man. As it does go by so quickly. X

48. Emma Harris commented
    February 21st, 2014 at 11:03am

Hi Holly. Many congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy, I’m so pleased to hear everything is good, I was doing the intention and style ecourse when you had to be admitted to hospital, and we were all so worried. I’m sure you’ve got your hands full, but I no longer seem to be able to follow your Instagram feed and was wondering if it was something your end, if you ever get the chance to check I’d be grateful, as your images are always inspirational. My account is @BrightonMade, many thanks. Emma

49. decor8 commented
    February 21st, 2014 at 1:37pm

@Emma Harris – Oh yes, that was back in November when I fell down the stairs! For instagram, my feed is @decor8.

50. decor8 commented
    February 21st, 2014 at 1:38pm

@Liselore – SO NICE to hear from you and thank you for the sweet note. :)

51. Emma Harris commented
    February 21st, 2014 at 2:19pm

decor8,

Hi Holly

Thanks for replying, I can’t believe that was back in November, it only feels like yesterday, how time flies! But I’m looking forward to signing up for the next course, especially now I finally have my blog name! For some reason, Instagram still won’t let me follow you, I’m not sure why as I’m a bit of a novice really.

52. decor8 commented
    February 21st, 2014 at 3:19pm

@Emma Harris – That is a shame – what is your IG name? I’ll see what’s up!

53. Emma Harris commented
    February 21st, 2014 at 3:52pm

decor8,

Thanks Holly, I appreciate your time, I’m sure you are busy with your little one. The name is @aquietstyle – our conversation has reminded me to finally change it, so it matches my new blog so something good has come out of it :)

54. Liz commented
    February 25th, 2014 at 6:31am

SOOOOO sweet! CONGRATULATIONS! And welcome to the baby club. Can’t wait to read your birth story! Blessings. xoxo =)

55. Liz commented
    February 25th, 2014 at 6:32am

Sooooo sweet! Congrats and welcome to the baby club! Can’t wait to read your birth story. Until then, rest, relax, enjoy your baby and sleep when he sleeps! Blessings xoxo =)

56. Liz commented
    February 25th, 2014 at 6:35am

Sorry for double comment – thought I lost the first one! LOL THIS is what happens to your brain when you have FOUR kids! LOL

57. Marie Solveg commented
    February 26th, 2014 at 7:12pm

A lovely and beautiful baby:-)

Enjoy and congrates.