Rooms

Little Update From Baby Land

February 17, 2014

Hello everyone, how are you doing? I’m checking in to say hi and let you know that though I’m busy at the moment with our newborn, that I’m still online posting pics on Instagram (@decor8) if you want to follow along until I’m back to blogging regularly again… But seriously you guys, life is so good for us at the moment – we are tired (I’ll tell you more about why in a few days when I post my birth story) but other than that, we are full of love, peace and contentment here in baby land and it’s unbelievable how good this feels.

Little Update From Baby Land

Yesterday, we celebrated Aidan’s first week of life together by taking him for a long forest walk in his new Stokke stroller and it was just the greatest little adventure (photo here and here). We ended up in two cafes, grabbed lunch, and went back home after a few hours to prepare for visitors who came by last night including Thorsten’s parents. This week, we have a baby photo shoot and I can’t wait to show you those once they’re ready – we’ve hired this very special local photographer to work with us and simply can’t wait to capture these cherished moments during the few few weeks of his life because really, you can never buy back this time again, can you?

Little Update From Baby Land

Above: Little Aidan, our sweetheart, taken on my iPhone.

In between our appointments and visits (my midwife also comes daily), we are resting as much as possible and enjoying our son so so SO much. I instantly bonded with him and feel really close – like he’s always been here with us.  I love his expressions, big eyes, button nose and how sweet he is in general. It’s also wonderful that we have him on a feeding schedule so he only wakes up at night around 3:30 to be fed and then he’s back to sleep until 6 or 7 and we lay around and get cozy and read, talk, eat, etc. in bed until my midwife comes by which is usually around 11. It’s such a carefree little schedule to be in our baby cocoon with him. We enjoy all of this cuddle time because it’s really so precious and lasts only so long before our schedules no longer allow for us to linger in bed until lunch time each day! It’s truly been the best week of our life.

Little Update From Baby Land

Little Update From Baby Land

Flowers have been coming in for the past week in a steady stream, which is so nice because who doesn’t love some beautiful flowers to welcome a baby? So yes, I hope you are all doing well – I’m in baby la-la land at the moment but as soon as I come out from under his spell I’ll be back here with some posts and to share a new website that we’re launching in the next few weeks – nothing major but still very good… Yay for new stuff!

(photo: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

58 Comments

• Reply valentina February 17, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Welcome little baby Aidan!
    And congratulations Holly, enjoy this incredibly special time!

• Reply Tif Smith February 17, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Ah. He’s so cute. I love cuddly, sleeping newborns. I know you’re loving every minute, even those minutes when you haven’t showered or you’re up for the millionth time. They are so worth it, every one of them.

• Reply Carla February 17, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Oh what a little supercute baby! your post reminds me of my second one. A very easy baby, very cosy, very sleepy… Just a wonderful time with so much warmth and love. Just enjoy it.
    Carla

• Reply Haikje February 17, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Good to read that you are having such a precious time! One note: You will never come out from under his spell :-)! Kids are so cute and how much you love your own kids is just magical.

• Reply Tracy A. February 17, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Enjoy these fleeting moments!

• Reply Ilaria February 17, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Congratulations! This time is so so precious! And good luck for all the new stuff coming ;)

• Reply Pamela Bates/Mercantile Muse February 17, 2014 at 4:40 pm

just precious Holly. I’m so glad you and T are taking time just to ‘be’ with your little man. enjoy it for all it’s worth.

• Reply stevi February 17, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I always think newborns look so wise. When I first saw my son I thought “he must know everything”. It is only a little later that they become innocent babies. Your son is adorable! Congratulations!

• Reply Marianne February 17, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Rest and enjoy!

• Reply Glenda Childers February 17, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Such a charming boy. Wonderful news.

Fondly,
    Glenda

• Reply Vicky February 17, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Oh! so cute! lovely and more lovely!

• Reply In a Trendy Town February 17, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Nice mix of pictures! Beautiful flowers and cute baby!

• Reply Winter February 17, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Warm wishes, happy thoughts and a whole lot o congratualtions!

• Reply Anna February 17, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Congrats, he looks great. Enjoy those moments my son is 2.5 months old, we have completely different “problems” :) by now

• Reply Nina February 17, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Oh how wonderful, my son is now 16 months and I felt these are my best moments right from the very start of his life. Great that you feel this way too!!!!
    Congratulations,….

• Reply Chelsy February 17, 2014 at 8:23 pm

He is adorable. I’m glad you’re doing so well.

• Reply fatima malagueira February 17, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Aww he’s a beautiful baby and you sound perfectly blissed out, just the way it should be. Congratulations and enjoy every precious second of being together. It is the most wonderful cocoon to be in! xx

• Reply claudia February 17, 2014 at 9:07 pm

auch ich möchte euch ganz herzlich zu diesem süßen fratz gratulieren. den habt ihr richtig gut hinbekommen.
    ich warte auch in den nächsten tagen auf mein drittes enkelkind.
    ich würde euch so gerne einen meiner babysitzsäcke schicken.
    weiß allerdings nicht wohin ich das paket schicken könnte.
    vielleicht schickt ihr mir eine adresse oder poststation.
    genießt diese zeit, man kann so viel gutes für die zukunft speichern und diese momente mit dem ersten baby kommen nie wieder zurück. deshalb auskosten und zwar in vollen zügen
    ganz viele liebe grüße
    claudia
    (mein englisch ist so schauderhaft, sorry )

• Reply debbi in Texas February 17, 2014 at 9:21 pm

He is darling and precious; enjoy each and every moment, now and forever.

• Reply Edmee-Marie February 17, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Welcome to the world little Aiden and congratulations Holly and Throsten.
    Such a little bundle of joy, sending the three of you the very best of wishes.
    Edmée

• Reply Sarah February 17, 2014 at 9:41 pm

He looks so sweet but the good news is that you will NEVER come out from under his spell!! You’re in it for good now!! I’m amazed you even have time to post and take pics. Good for you guys, enjoy every precious moment! ;-)

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} February 17, 2014 at 9:44 pm

he is just precious holly.
    a huge congratulations to you and your little family!

• Reply Maria February 17, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I can remember that precious time very very well! We had it last year in June. Enjoy it!!

• Reply Julie February 17, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Congratulations to you both – he is totally gorgeous!! My eldest is 22 now and I still remember those first few precious weeks like they were yesterday. Make the most of these special days in baby land.

• Reply evelyne February 18, 2014 at 1:00 am

Congratulations for so beautiful baby. Enjoy this wonderful moment. Hugs Evelyne.

• Reply Joshtyn February 18, 2014 at 1:30 am

Many congratulations!! He is absolutely beautiful! and I love hearing about how happy your life is at the moment – it helps to spread joy in the world :) Look forward to seeing pictures from the baby photo shoot – exciting!

• Reply Kim February 18, 2014 at 2:29 am

He’s so cute and cuddly! I love love love these moments, they are so special! Congrats and enjoy!

• Reply Yuko @ northfield gate February 18, 2014 at 3:23 am

Congratulations Holly! Aidan is such a cutie :) I have two little boys myself, and boys are the BEST (yes, I’m biased). Enjoy this precious time as a family. Little ones grow so fast.

• Reply Margaret February 18, 2014 at 4:58 am

Congratulations! Enjoy this special time! Your son is very cute and charming.

Margaret

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang February 18, 2014 at 5:01 am

I am so happy for you! With much love and many prayers!

• Reply Hebe February 18, 2014 at 5:27 am

I like your blog
    Keep going^_^

• Reply Cintia Soto February 18, 2014 at 6:13 am

How precious moments Holly great to see your baby!!

• Reply Barb February 18, 2014 at 6:58 am

Congratulations Holly! Aiden is so adorable!! I met you at Blog her in Minneapolis …. been praying for this exciting event for you! Enjoy your sweet baby he’ll grow up far to fast!!

• Reply Lucy Chen February 18, 2014 at 10:43 am

I’m so happy for you, Holly!

• Reply Margaux February 18, 2014 at 2:46 pm

It is so good to read and share your happiness! Congratulations to the whole family and Aidan is soooo cute :-)
    Enjoy those precious days and see you sooonn!
    The Blanc Home Team

• Reply Michelle February 18, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Congratulations Holly & Thorsten – Aiden looks like such a little angel! Looking forward to seeing the baby pic snaps and hear more about this little adventure in your lives. x

• Reply tehmna February 18, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Love adorable Aidan’s pic ,Sleeping like an angel. Enjoy these precious moments with him he will grow faster than you think.

• Reply Doris February 18, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Herzlichste Glückwünsche Holly! Enjoy this time! Sweet boy!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente February 19, 2014 at 1:50 am

Gah….it makes me so happy that this has been the best week of your lives, hunnie. So, so happy for you! I remember that time and treasure it. Enjoy it all, soak it all in! Happy, precious times.
    xo
    Melis

• Reply anastasia February 19, 2014 at 8:47 am

he’s just so sweet – long fingers, maybe he’s going to be creative like his mumma!!
    Congratulations again…its a wonderful time but yes full of emotions too, having a baby brings it all out – joy, happiness, fear, worry…everything is there!!
    Cant wait to hear your birth story – it felt like ages, I kept checking to see if you had updated!!

• Reply Angel February 19, 2014 at 12:11 pm

It’s so great that baby A is sleeping well. I remember with my little girl six months ago I was struggling from sleep deprivation at this point. She was feeding every three hours for 40 to 50 minutes which meant I only slept half hour to 90 mins at a time for the first three weeks.

Even with all that six months down the track I still love being a mom :)

Congrats again. You sound so happy :)

• Reply Susan February 19, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy this special time with your new son x

• Reply Mariela February 19, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Congrats to the family!!! Welcome Aidan
    Pd: enjoy Babyland – it’s the best place you can be in :)

• Reply Laura Gaskill February 19, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Oh Holly, Aidan is such a darling little bundle!! Your words & pictures are making me remember those first weeks in the baby bubble…so sweet. Much love and hugs to you, Thorsten, and your sweet little one.
    xo, Laura

• Reply andriana February 20, 2014 at 10:51 am

Your love and happiness just overflows! I hope you enjoy these precious moments to the fullest!

• Reply Nina February 20, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Such a precious wonder – congratulations and lots of love for the little family

• Reply Liselore February 20, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Congratulations with your littlestarblog family Holly! Enjoy the first weeks! It’s such a joy!!

Big Hugs,

Liselore

• Reply decor8 February 21, 2014 at 1:38 pm

@Liselore – SO NICE to hear from you and thank you for the sweet note. :)

• Reply Helen February 20, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Congrats Holly he is adorable. All little boys have a special place in their mummies hearts. It sounds like it is a prefect start to your lives with your little man. As it does go by so quickly. X

• Reply Emma Harris February 21, 2014 at 11:03 am

Hi Holly. Many congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy, I’m so pleased to hear everything is good, I was doing the intention and style ecourse when you had to be admitted to hospital, and we were all so worried. I’m sure you’ve got your hands full, but I no longer seem to be able to follow your Instagram feed and was wondering if it was something your end, if you ever get the chance to check I’d be grateful, as your images are always inspirational. My account is @BrightonMade, many thanks. Emma

• Reply decor8 February 21, 2014 at 1:37 pm

@Emma Harris – Oh yes, that was back in November when I fell down the stairs! For instagram, my feed is @decor8.

• Reply Emma Harris February 21, 2014 at 2:19 pm

decor8,

Hi Holly

Thanks for replying, I can’t believe that was back in November, it only feels like yesterday, how time flies! But I’m looking forward to signing up for the next course, especially now I finally have my blog name! For some reason, Instagram still won’t let me follow you, I’m not sure why as I’m a bit of a novice really.

• Reply decor8 February 21, 2014 at 3:19 pm

@Emma Harris – That is a shame – what is your IG name? I’ll see what’s up!

• Reply Emma Harris February 21, 2014 at 3:52 pm

decor8,

Thanks Holly, I appreciate your time, I’m sure you are busy with your little one. The name is @aquietstyle – our conversation has reminded me to finally change it, so it matches my new blog so something good has come out of it :)

• Reply Liz February 25, 2014 at 6:31 am

SOOOOO sweet! CONGRATULATIONS! And welcome to the baby club. Can’t wait to read your birth story! Blessings. xoxo =)

• Reply Liz February 25, 2014 at 6:32 am

Sooooo sweet! Congrats and welcome to the baby club! Can’t wait to read your birth story. Until then, rest, relax, enjoy your baby and sleep when he sleeps! Blessings xoxo =)

• Reply Liz February 25, 2014 at 6:35 am

Sorry for double comment – thought I lost the first one! LOL THIS is what happens to your brain when you have FOUR kids! LOL

• Reply Marie Solveg February 26, 2014 at 7:12 pm

A lovely and beautiful baby:-)

Enjoy and congrates.