Food In Motion: Pomegranate Sorbet with Sparkling Wine Recipe

Hello food lovers! It’s Jewels again from Liz & Jewels with another episode of Food in Motion for decor8. I am super excited to share this months delicious food video and recipe with you – this time it’s for a boozy concoction – yum!

pomrecipe23

Here in New York City it is covered in snow. The streets are icy and we have to watch our every step. The only way to identify our car is a white silhouette that is roughly the same size and shape. It’s buried. We haven’t used it in weeks! As much as I see the beauty in the white curtain that covers everything, I am looking forward to warmer days. I like hot summers, cold drinks, small clothes, large straw hats, secretly turning the AC off in our living room (my husband likes it cold)… Can’t wait.

pomrecipe

So this month’s Food in Motion video is a message from me to the weather gods: Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring! I made a pomegranate sorbet with sparkling wine. It is such a refreshing, colorful summery dessert! I envision myself eating this in a few months on our fire escape that I call the balcony.

Are you guys ready to say goodbye to the winter? If so, try this: 1 pomegranate 1 cup of sparkling wine 1 lemon 4 tablespoons of sugar mint leaves Cut the pomegranate into a couple of large pieces. In a bowl filled with water peel out the little seeds. The water prevents you from having red stains all over your clothes and kitchen. Put all seeds in a mixer and puree them. Pour the pomegranate mash through a sieve to extract the juice and get rid of the larger pieces. Mix the pomegranate juice with the sparkling wine, the lemon, and the sugar, and pour it into a serving bowl. Freeze for at least 4 hours, stirring once after about two hours. Serve with mint leaves.

See you next month with another recipe and a video! – Jewels

(video/text/photo: julia cawley – music: Volcanoes in the Kitchen “Running Around”)

Posted by decor8 in food, Food In Motion on February 20, 2014

1. maulwurfshügelig commented
    February 20th, 2014 at 12:00pm

such nice pics… what lovely colours…
    i like that very much. ok, and it sounds tasty ;-)

2. April Louise commented
    February 20th, 2014 at 2:12pm

I just absolutely love the colour! (I am sure it tastes good too), but what a brilliant visual experience.

3. tehmna commented
    February 20th, 2014 at 5:51pm

Love this mouth watering recipe of pomegranate slush . Thanks for sharing.

4. Barbara Cortili commented
    February 21st, 2014 at 8:38am

This is lovely! I often wonder how I should pomegranates from my friend’s garden!
    Thank you for sharing this great recipe.
    Barbara Cortili´s last blog post ..Photography Locations: Iseo Lake.

5. Inge commented
    February 21st, 2014 at 9:33am

Oh wow, this looks so delicious and refreshing! It makes me feel like Spring is already here… which almost is, because the weather here in Belgium looks and feels like spring! Warm temperatures, some rainy days, and the flowers all starting to bloom – I cannot wait until the first hot & sunny days so I can try out this recipe too! :-)
    Hugs to you, your husband and the little baby boy!! Much love, Inge x
    Inge´s last blog post ..My travels: London Calling (part 2)

6. Molly Stone commented
    February 21st, 2014 at 1:40pm

This is a great idea for the summer. I will try it for sure.

7. Maria commented
    February 25th, 2014 at 12:58pm

WOW! I loved this video and pomegranate is one of my favorite fruits. Thank you :)!

8. Peter commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 3:17pm

What a great recipe! These will make fantastic party drinks for the summer! Thanks for sharing – and awesome photos too :)