Books + Magazines

Our New Book Has A Website!

February 28, 2014

Hello everyone! I’m so happy to be here today because when I’m not blogging, I’m thinking about blogging and all of the things that I want to share and show to you. I thought I’d first share a project I’ve been working on this week – the new website for Decorate With Flowers, my latest book in which I’ve teamed up with Leslie Shewring this time to produce a decorating book with a very floral point-of-view. I am so proud of it and what Leslie and I created together! We wrote it when I was pregnant, so I will forever cherish it based on that alone. I loved working so closely with Leslie on this title – she was my partner-in-crime throughout the entire project from beginning to end and we also were able to spend a special week together in my home when we began shooting the book back in May 2013 which has a little background story to it…

Our New Book Has A Website!

OK so a funny side story to share: Leslie and I went out each night for dinner after our shoots and our conversations kept going back to how much I wanted to have a baby and that it’s an important “next step” for me and that maybe after the book I’d get pregnant (since I planned to do a big book tour for Decorate With Flowers). During those conversations, Leslie kept giving me great tips and encouragement and basically was my pregnancy cheerleader. The only thing was, while we were out talking about my desire to start a family, I was ALREADY pregnant with Aidan! In fact, I found out 3 weeks after she left Hannover and I couldn’t believe it. Isn’t life funny?

Our New Book Has A Website!

So this is our new website for Decorate With Flowers… It is here that we’ll drop extra bonus content from the book, an image gallery where you can grab images to use on your blogs and pin for inspiration, press stuff (so if you write about us send your link to my assistant jessy [at] decor8blog [dot] com and we’ll link it to the press page), tour related information since Leslie and I plan to do some events in the UK, Europe, Canada and the United States… Though we won’t be doing a full on book tour together with West Elm and Chronicle Books as we had hoped since my son is only 18 days old, we will be visiting different cities to meet you guys and give workshops… And in May, in London, we’ll be together to do a lovely launch event with Anthropologie and Jacqui Small Publishing.

Our New Book Has A Website!

Decorate With Flowers will be published in 6 editions currently as outlined here. Foreign language editions include Italian, French, German and Dutch. The UK, US and German versions are shown photographed above. Purchase information here.

Our New Book Has A Website!

We sincerely hope that you enjoy, and will share, our book website! It’s something I thought to do for my second book but didn’t have the time so I definitely wanted to try it for the third! I find that nowadays online, you really have to look for interesting ways to promote your work that adds value and isn’t just another “look at me!” opportunity. That is why I think this website is so helpful – it makes it easy for others to find and use images from our book, find out where to buy them, the available languages, publication dates, who are publicity team is and also just background info on us and bonus content that we think readers, fans, friends and journalists who are looking for a story angle may find super helpful. It’s a good idea to pull everything together in one place. I don’t know about you guys, but these days we have social media connections all over the place and we can be found everywhere online – so I like the idea of having one spot where people can go to find out everything they need to know about Decorate With Flowers. If you are an author or due to become one, why not try creating your own book website too?

xo, Holly

(images: 1. Caitlin Sheehan 2. Screenshot 3. Leslie Shewring 4. Leslie Shewring)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Marianne February 28, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Mmm, I don’t think I will be able to wait until September ;-) I will probably buy the UK edition from Amazon.

• Reply Vicky February 28, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Oh! so nice news! Congrats!! lovely photography and flowers! have a nice weekend!!

• Reply In a Trendy Town February 28, 2014 at 3:21 pm

We are not lucky with flowers, because we are not much time at home and we forget the plants…but we love the natural deco.

• Reply Juliette February 28, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I’m really looking forward to this book -you always do such a nice job with your books. They’re always so pretty, practical and worth their price. =)

• Reply Jaana February 28, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Congratulations on the Homies Award! You and your blog are the perfect choice.
    Happy days for your little family!

• Reply Bee February 28, 2014 at 6:21 pm

The new site looks great, Holly! Can’t wait to see the book in person and learn how to incorporate flowers into my everyday living.

• Reply Sarah February 28, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Hi Holly,

Congratulations so much on your new book. You are definitely an inspiration to me. I just moved into a new home, and could really use some inspiration on how to use flowers in the space. Great idea about the website. It’s something I’d like to consider. Oh, and glad to hear you are going to be doing some promotion. Will you be in New York?

• Reply Clever Girl Reviews February 28, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Congrats on the book, from the photos here I’m sure it’s going to look pretty good. My mom is a horticulturist so I have a deep appreciation for this kind of thing. I’ll mention the site and book to her for sure!

• Reply Flock of Tea Cosy March 1, 2014 at 12:30 am

Congrats on the homies award — hard to believe it’s a lifetime achievement when you’ve so much life and so much more to share to with us!

• Reply decor8 March 1, 2014 at 6:45 am

@Flock of Tea Cosy – I know! I’ve been blogging for over 8 years now so it’s a bit like dog years online… Eight years in the blogging community as a leader has really been a lifetime! It’s wonderful and such an honor for me!

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang March 1, 2014 at 4:42 am

Congratulations! I’m so excited for you!

• Reply Heather March 1, 2014 at 6:13 am

Holly! This is such fabulous news. I know you are so eager to share this “baby” with us as much as Aidan. I can’t imagine the joy you are experiencing now. It was an honor to be able to pre-view your book for review in the spring issue of Gatherings Magazine. As I said in the review this book will truly be remembered as a primer for decorating with flowers in the 21st century. Congratulations on many fronts!! So happy for you.

• Reply decor8 March 1, 2014 at 6:43 am

@Heather – please send me a copy via email, I’d love to see it! :) And of course add it to our press page! Thank you Heather for your support.

• Reply Silkie March 1, 2014 at 11:47 am

Congratulations, it looks wonderful, really looking forward to getting copy and getting inspired!!

• Reply Lucy Chen March 1, 2014 at 12:22 pm

I’ve been waiting for this book, Holly! I’ve preordered. It seems we can get the UK edition in Australia later this month. I just feel bad when the flowers die away…

• Reply Wrenaissance Art March 1, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Congrats on the book launch and the award!
    The book site is very attractive and well-organized. Looking forward to seeing little tips and excerpts on the news page.
    I love how the literal translation of the German title is, “Living with Flowers.” that makes it sound like you’re making flowers a part of your home life, while “decorate” can perhaps imply they’re added on at the last minute to spruce things up. ;-)

• Reply Marilena March 1, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Can’t watt for italian version in september! Spring is coming and I’ll buy this awesome book on march!!!

• Reply Judy Cholfe March 1, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Happy, happy congrats on you award…well deserved! Congrats too, on the new books. I truly wish you every success with all…….

• Reply Letitia Elizabeth March 1, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Congrats! This book looks amazing. I will have to add it to my “to read” pile :)

• Reply Debbie March 2, 2014 at 5:47 pm

So excited to get my hands on a copy, Holly. In the meantime I am loving the book website. I am in needing of some floral inspiration to get me through the last weeks of winter.

• Reply Margaret March 3, 2014 at 3:00 am

• Reply Corrie Goldsteen March 3, 2014 at 9:59 am

hello Holly,
    I will look forward to the Dutch version of your book. Still have tot wait till September, maybe I buy the English version first. I will write a blogpost about the book and will put a link to the bookwebsite. What a good idea a special website for more information and pictures about the book. Do you know what the cover from the Dutch version will look like?
    Have a nice day with your love ones!

• Reply Jule March 4, 2014 at 10:27 am

Oh das ist ja toll. Also das mit dem Buch und das mit der Schwangerschaft. ;) Herzlichen Glückwunsch!!! Ich werde das Buch doch wohl wieder eher auf Englischlesen, das habe ich auch mit dem letzten so gemacht – im Original ist es irgendwie meist besser, in Übersetzungen geht manchmal einfach zu viel verloren. Das Cover der UK Version gefällt mir auch am besten. ;)
    Viele liebe Grüße

• Reply Lauren March 4, 2014 at 1:04 pm

So exciting! And what a lovely story, too. Hope your little one is doing well, wow – those three weeks have gone fast.

Can’t wait for the book, Holly

• Reply Tracey March 14, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Are there US book tour dates yet? I am trying to find them on the book website but can’t seem to locate them. Specifically NYC or the northeast US.

• Reply decor8 March 14, 2014 at 4:08 pm

@Tracey – We are working with Chronicle Books currently to hopefully do a NYC event where Leslie would fly out and host a fun workshop and party. I can’t make it for a tour – I was going to tour for West Elm and hit a ton of cities there but I just had a baby 4 weeks ago so I’m housebound for a few months at least with my little cutie pie. But Leslie will definitely do some traveling for the book, we’re just trying to see where Chronicle thinks she should go and what she is able to do as well – I know from speaking with her that she is SO EXCITED to stop at a few cities to do a book party/flowers workshop so the moment I know more, I’ll announce it on decor8!