Simple Times: Taste of Prague

Hello lovely decor8 friends! It’s Rincy again with another Simple Times post. I must say a very warm thank you for your comments on the last post here, it is such a comforting thing to know that we are really in this journey of growth together in 2014. (the recipe of the Lahmacun will be soon to follow, I promise) In the last few weeks since then Holly has welcomed Aidan, a beautiful new spirit into the world and aside from the qualities one hopes for another -purpose, reason, self-esteem, creative joy- in the last year I’ve begun to realize wanderlust is the most infectious of all to spread to a little soul.

prague6

This past week I was able to take a trip to Prague. It was a breath of fresh air and really one of my most favorite trips in the last few months of travel. I’ve spoken previously about the advantages of knowing a local in adding a richness to plans while abroad and I cannot speak more highly of the Taste of Prague team for doing just that for us. I’ve heard much about the touristy aspect of Prague however, prior to arriving we had maps of suggested less travelled walking paths, countless names of tried-and-tested restaurants and a four hour walking tour revolved around food to help aid in learning more about the culture and history of this beautiful city.

prague

We travelled everywhere by foot coming back to tired legs and full bellies but the effect of this city lined with its myriad of architectural styles, rich history, savory meats and of course the beer (and wine!) sure did leave it’s mark. I always find it difficult summarizing travels and images to share but wanderlust will always be aplenty after even the smallest of trips.

prague4

prague3

prague2

prague7

If you are curious, some of my favorites in Prague: EMA espresso bar Prague Castle this guide and the ToP crew also has an apartment for rent, too as shown below…

apt7

apt3

apt4

apt1

apt5

apt2

apt6

I sincerely hope that near or far around your area, you can find a little spot that creates that spark of wanderlust for you too. – Rincy

(text/images: rincy koshy)

Posted by decor8 in Simple Times on February 28, 2014

1. Maggy commented
    February 28th, 2014 at 2:19pm

I’m was playing with the idea of a trip to Prague later this year and this has just made up my mind form me ! That apartment looks amazing too! I always prefer apartments over hotels when travelling and this is exactly what I’m looking for!

2. Shari commented
    February 28th, 2014 at 3:12pm

Looks amazing! I prefer renting apartments while traveling, also. It makes it feel more homey, and immerses you into the neighborhood like a visitor instead of a tourist… love the post! Thank you!
    Shari´s last blog post ..Visiting Cape May, New Jersey

3. Lauren commented
    February 28th, 2014 at 4:34pm

I absolutely love Prague – the mix of the modern amenities and design mixed right in with the history. It looks like you had a lovely trip!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Friday Five: Color Inspired

4. Taste of Prague commented
    February 28th, 2014 at 7:57pm

Hi Rincy!

Thank you so much for joining us in Prague – it was a pleasure to meet you here and we really hope you will come back again soon – there is so much more to see and taste here! (And great things are due to open this year in Prague. We’ll have a cup of coffee in our “second office” at EMA and start from there, ok?)

Zuzi and Jan

5. Clever Girl Reviews commented
    February 28th, 2014 at 11:45pm

I really wish I’d been able to make it Prague while here in the EU. I’ll have to come back to the EU again to fit it in along with Amsterdam, Rome, and all of Spain!
    Clever Girl Reviews´s last blog post ..Trendy Sweatshirts For Men!

6. Ajda commented
    March 1st, 2014 at 4:18pm

So gorgeous Rincy x
    Ajda´s last blog post ..Admiration Inspiration

7. Cate commented
    March 2nd, 2014 at 12:19am

I was in Prague last year and had a wonderful time. I’m now I’m moving to Germany in July, can’t wait to spend more time in different parts of Europe! I’ll be writing about my move on my blog :)
    Cate´s last blog post ..Link A Long: Cate’s insprirations

8. decor8 commented
    March 2nd, 2014 at 5:50pm

@Cate – What part of Germany are you moving to?

9. glomerylane commented
    March 3rd, 2014 at 12:29pm

I really love your column, Rincy!!! Thank you for the inspiration!!
    ♥ Inga

10. Sarka commented
    March 4th, 2014 at 12:28am

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in my hometown! Knowing a local always makes travelling an unforgettable experience, especially when it comes to finding non-touristy places and tasting local food and drinks. And thank you for introducing Taste of Prague to me.

11. Hollie Rich commented
    March 6th, 2014 at 1:49am

My husband and I went on the ToP tour last June when we were traveling to Germany and Prague. Zuzi and Jan are so warm and full of knowledge. I enjoyed the pace of the tour as well as the history of Prague they shared, which was a great context for our visit. Their apartment was just getting done around the time we were there, or I totally would have booked it!

Unfortunately we were in Prague during major flooding that closed the St. Charles Bridge, so we didn’t get the FULL Prague experience on our trip, but we agreed that Prague was one of our favorite cities we visited during our 13-day trip, and look forward to going back some day.
    Hollie Rich´s last blog post ..Announcing “Stuck on Hue,” my new Etsy shop

12. Rincy K commented
    March 6th, 2014 at 8:05pm

@HollieRich So happy you had a lovely tour and really hope you get back in Prague for a second visit sans flooding–Maybe I’ll join you on that too ;)

Thank you for your lovely comments and also to Taste of Prague!

Just a little credit amendment the images from the post are by a lovely talented couple , Everbay Co (http://everbay.co) who shot them for ToP.
    Rincy K´s last blog post ..A workshop in Shaftesbury| England

13. Karolina commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 4:10pm

I see you went to Cestr steak house as well :) you need to come again – Prague has soooooo much to offer!
    Karolina´s last blog post ..My little chocolate factory