Fabric Flowers With Artwork By Puur Anders

I recently came across the fabric flowers and leaves with vintage photographs on them made by Miranda van Dijk of Puur Anders (which means pure and different in Dutch) and though this will be a quickie post, I had to drop by and share it before I run back to caring for our baby while trying to put together our new dining table! I was thrilled to find Miranda’s blog and also her etsy shop and to learn that she recently collaborated with the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam to produce a special collection shown below.

il_fullxfull.564401476_snlp
puur3
puur4
puur1
puur2

I would love to have a brooch to wear or a necklace – mesmerizing work! I love this pansy printed with the Rijksmuseum painting ‘Jongen en meisje in het duin’ by David Adolph Constant Artz. I really love the idea of art being used in modern day accessories in such a creative way – I would wear any of these flowers (if they were just a tad bit smaller) on the lapel of a velvet blazer with a pair of jeans anytime. But of course, they are gorgeous as they are – elegant works of art that you can frame in a pretty shadowbox.

What about you, do you spot a favorite?

(images: puur anders)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on March 10, 2014

1. Tanja @ mx | living commented
    March 10th, 2014 at 2:16pm

Beautiful pictures, inspiring idea! Flowers for the spring time in wonderful shades. Thanks…
    Tanja @ mx | living´s last blog post ..DIY | Stencil oder das große Krabbeln

2. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    March 10th, 2014 at 3:52pm

these are seriously works of art.
    i would LOVE to wear one of these on the collar of my jacket :)
    Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..Travel :: Vienna, Austria

3. Matos commented
    March 10th, 2014 at 4:00pm

ohhh this is lovely, I found a very similar thing on this blog, I dont know which one I like the most.

Congratulations!

4. Clever Girl Reviews commented
    March 10th, 2014 at 6:14pm

The first photo is really attention grabbing, so well executed and interesting!
    Clever Girl Reviews´s last blog post ..Sarah Jessica Parker’s New Shoe Collection “SJP” Exclusively At Nordstrom

5. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    March 10th, 2014 at 6:42pm

Sooo beautiful. I love this so much!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Love note: thoughts of spring & wishlists

6. Sabbie Narwal commented
    March 10th, 2014 at 6:49pm

Oh, I definitely spot a favourite! These are so beautiful and pretty darn ingenious. Lovely!
    Sabbie Narwal´s last blog post ..Stripes, Not Just For Convicts…

7. Ana commented
    March 10th, 2014 at 6:58pm

Simply lovely!
    Ana´s last blog post ..Moodboard 1404

8. Zandra Zuraw commented
    March 10th, 2014 at 7:18pm

Wow! I’m so taken with these! Thanks for introducing us to this artist. We’re doing a “Flora and Fauna” theme on our lifestyle & design blog, Little Yellow Couch in May. Will have to look into this artist and her work further. So beautiful!!!
    Zandra Zuraw´s last blog post ..Reader’s Resource: Little Free Library

9. Shalagh Hogan commented
    March 10th, 2014 at 9:35pm

These are exquisite and stunning. Yes to wearing them on the lapel of a velvet jacket. I’m intrigued by the process she must use. Thanks for taking the moment to post this.
    Love to you and the wee baby,
    Shalagh
    Shalagh Hogan´s last blog post ..On Being Here Now

10. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 5:02am

Oh wow – something so beautiful! And creative. Thank you.
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..A perfect Lent recipe – Cilantro-Honey Glazed Tilapia #15MinuteSuppers {and a giveaway!}

11. Johwey commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 7:22am

Those are inspiring, I love using vintage photos in my art.

12. Laurence W commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 12:59pm

It´s really beautiful !

13. Kim commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 2:30pm

These are so beautiful! I love the tulip. I need to check out her artwork!
    Kim´s last blog post ..Pastel Ewe Print, Big Horn Sheep Photography, Cute Animal Print, Nature Spring Photography by TheSpottedCreature

14. Lisa commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 12:30am

Love these fabric flowers. I always have scraps of fabric left over from window treatment projects and I hate to throw them away. Maybe she could use some extra fabric? (Because I know I’ll never make these myself)
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Lovin’ those pallet walls

15. Lucy Chen commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 10:38am

I LOVE the portrait paintings! And the flowers, too.
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..About Control and Looseness in Painting

16. anastasia commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 1:53am

very beautiful!!
    anastasia´s last blog post ..…with a pocketful of Dreams

17. jen commented
    May 11th, 2014 at 6:32pm

These are really beautiful!