Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

I fell in love with this charming and very graphic little Russian apartment recently on the my paradissi blog and I couldn’t resist sharing a glimpse of it below. This fabby place is 45sqm (approx. 480 sq.ft.) and was designed by INT2 Architecture. The pastel hues are a hit as well as the white painted brick, but I also love the room dividers, winter garden, kitchen and storage nooks, and how graphic it is. This is all in all a really clever and fun space and I LOVE that it’s so tidy and compact. Gorgeous!

my-paradissi-smart-colorful-45sqm-apartment-russia-int2-architecture-01

Love: Owl artwork, wood floors, geometric wall hanging

my-paradissi-smart-colorful-45sqm-apartment-russia-int2-architecture-10

Love: chalkboard shelving and minty green stools

my-paradissi-smart-colorful-45sqm-apartment-russia-int2-architecture-09

Love: Numbered wine hold, overhead wine glass storage, overhead lighting

my-paradissi-smart-colorful-45sqm-apartment-russia-int2-architecture-08

Love: Flooring and rug, artwork, pendant

my-paradissi-smart-colorful-45sqm-apartment-russia-int2-architecture-07

Love: Geometric backdrop (not sure if this is tile, wallpaper or painted on but it’s pretty cool)

my-paradissi-smart-colorful-45sqm-apartment-russia-int2-architecture-12

Love: The seating, rug, how the windows are painted pale blue, pendants, white-painted brick and those wall cushions and art aren’t bad either.

my-paradissi-smart-colorful-45sqm-apartment-russia-int2-architecture-11

Love: How the shelving fits perfectly in this nook!

my-paradissi-smart-colorful-45sqm-apartment-russia-int2-architecture-04

Love: Beneath the bedroom floor – storage drawers! Also love the divider between the living area and sleep space

my-paradissi-smart-colorful-45sqm-apartment-russia-int2-architecture-05

Love: Raised bedroom and neat little closet area.

my-paradissi-smart-colorful-45sqm-apartment-russia-int2-architecture-03

Love: It appears as though there is more storage in the floor on the left side of the bed. I also love the pendant.

What do you love about this space?

(images: INT2 Architecture)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on March 11, 2014

1. Catherine commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 4:48pm

LOVE everything about this small space! Colors, furniture, materials, texture, storage ideas…. I m in LOVE!!!!
    Catherine´s last blog post ..Pins de la semaine | Pins of the week N.004

2. Veronika commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 5:07pm

Absolutely love this space – because it’s bold and coherent, smart and fun. Some of the details are just great – such as the foldable bar. Thanks for sharing, Holly! Such a wonderful inspiration.

3. tinajo commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 5:31pm

Oooh, I really like this place – great colors and patterns everywhere!
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Three good things at the moment

4. Lisa Don commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 6:04pm

I love EVERY SINGLE element in this appartment. Its like they have brought to live all my pinterest boards for my own apartment. Love love love.

5. Johwey commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 7:47pm

I really like the industrial themed shelving!
    Johwey´s last blog post ..Lesson 1-1

6. Abigail commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 8:14pm

This is amazing! I’m fixing up a cottage in northern Michigan that is about this size. I love all of the storage solutions!
    Abigail´s last blog post ..you can’t sit with us.

7. Jamie commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 8:22pm

I love everything about it! If I were a single lady living in a trendy apartment, this is what I would hope it would look like! I especially love the owl print, and the mint stools!
    Jamie´s last blog post ..Kitchen Cabinets Are In!

8. Küchenzirkus commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 8:31pm

I love the kitchen! It is really fancy and full of creative ideas!

9. sula362 commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 8:35pm

Love the bar. That is great fun

10. Clever Girl Reviews commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 9:15pm

I’m not a huge fan of pastels in the home but this is just right! Those barstools are to die for!
    Clever Girl Reviews´s last blog post ..High End Highlighter: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector In Pearl

11. sara commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 9:18pm

I love the side chalk board wall next to the seating island.
    there’s a lot of character.

12. Amy commented
    March 11th, 2014 at 11:23pm

i don’t often say – i wish this was my house! and feel so warm and happy thinking about just that – but this space is so so cute. love so many things about it :)

13. Christine E-E commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 12:11am

The little dining area + the bookcase is adorable! But, oh those storage units under the bed platform are simply amazing. Can you tell us what the little trap door is to the left of the bed (as you’re looking at the brick wall).
    Christine E-E´s last blog post ..GOOD.RANDOM.FUN {WEEK 10}

14. caroline @trend-daily commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 12:50am

Gorgeous, inspiring apartment!

15. Catee commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 1:49am

I think the kitchen walls are covered in Moonish wooden tiles the same pattern can be seen at moonishco.com. They are awesome removable plywood tiles.

16. Glenda Childers commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 2:18am

This space is so sweetly organized, but am not sure I would want to live in such tight quarters.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..Catching Up

17. PinkPanthress commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 3:18am

Love the place! I adore the closed Balcony with that nook most. :)
    Storage is so important in such small places.
    PinkPanthress´s last blog post ..Tumblr Tuesday X

18. Cintia Soto commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 8:01am

Hi Holly
    I have to say that I love this post, because rarely I see photography as a wall art and this is very simple but well done in a small spaces like this.
    Cintia Soto´s last blog post ..Enogastronomy Tour to Italy

19. Anoush Alexnde commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 8:20am

I want to live in this apartment simply nice and great beautifully done the decor i liked the bar style in the kitchen and the green chairs are highlighted feature. I have my own site related to home decoration ideas and just got some nice ideas here thanks.

20. Lucy Chen commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 9:06am

I absolutely LOVE the giant chalk board!
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..About Control and Looseness in Painting

21. Atylia - Meuble et Decoration Design commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 9:59am

Wood, cosy, warm, the perfect place !
    I was afraid about pastel in the living room, too girly at first sight but not so much after all.

22. Hendri Govanski commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 10:02am

Really nice apartment. I love it, Really inspired, especially for apartment, Really save space. It’s clean and tidy.

23. Sooah Barbieri commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 10:45am

Any way to get the source of the yellow rug in the kitchen? Love this space.

24. Chi chi Furniture commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 10:59am

Love everything about this space. Its so bright and airy and the clever pops of colour really add a welcoming warm touch. The chalk board wall in the kitchen and the painted brick wall really adds a new dimension and texture to the space. Perfect :O)

25. Barbara commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 11:45am

Wow, I love this place! Too many good stuff, details, carefully arranged thigs. I love the kitchen the most, I think. I mean, if I had to choose. Since I’m decorating my own at the moment, I’m always searching for some ideas.
    And the bedroom, great solution. Good artwork, nicely used space. Really cool :)
    Barbara´s last blog post ..Alien bear – illustration

26. Zandra Zuraw commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 2:28pm

Oh my gosh! LOVE this place! I was skeptical at first when you said “pastel” but wow, this one has turned my head around! Thanks for sharing!
    Zandra Zuraw´s last blog post ..Reader Giveaway!!! Ex Libris Anonymous

27. Lidia commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 2:34pm

I saw this post too on myparadissi and I love this interior and the great storage ideas. I put it in my ‘liked posts’ so I can look at it later.

28. Liz @ Our Everyday love commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 4:41pm

Such a good example of how a tiny space can stay organized!

29. Anindita commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 6:38pm

Love the nook. Clean and simple. Really inspired!

30. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    March 12th, 2014 at 8:15pm

that bar area is ADORABLE!
    Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..Interiors :: Kitchen Inspiration

31. Angel commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 6:45am

I’m not normally a fan of pastels but it works so well in this apartment.
    Angel´s last blog post ..How to add meaningful touches to a baby’s nursery

32. Patricia commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 9:44am

I love the kitchen backsplash! I wonder how they did that? My own kitchen is very similar – I have all white cabinets too, but now I think it needs a pop of color and the backsplash is a great way to inject it. I wonder if it’s painted?
    Patricia´s last blog post ..When should you invest in a blog designer?

33. Amy H.G. commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 10:48pm

What an adorable and fresh space! I’m beginning to work on making our basement usable without all the extra cost of formally finishing it, and the white painted walls are exactly what I will be doing. I won’t have the natural light, but this post was a great jumping off point to help me get started and realize that painted walls can look just fine.

34. meg commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 12:43am

So many great ideas! It doesn’t even really feel small to me!

35. Michelle - Jarrah Jungle commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 2:12am

I love the use of pastels in this home. My favourite is the coloured kitchen splash back tile with the black and white moose head art, such a great contrast :)
    Michelle – Jarrah Jungle´s last blog post ..Kidspot Voices Of 2014 – Nominee

36. Mina Brinkey commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 2:29pm

What a cheerful and fun space! I love the colors and I especially like the storage under that bed! Brilliant!
    Mina Brinkey´s last blog post ..Bohemian Wednesday – Favorite Rooms of the Week! – 03.12.2014

37. April Louise commented
    March 16th, 2014 at 11:14pm

This apartment is great, I love the colours and styling with such creative ideas, I particularly like the storage solutions.

38. Sofia commented
    March 22nd, 2014 at 6:21pm

This just gave me some ideas of what to do with a similar area that I have in my house (near the windows).

That apartment is beautiful!
    Sofia´s last blog post ..My Vanity Table

39. Diana Potts commented
    May 11th, 2014 at 1:23pm

I’m moving into a new apartment and am design challenged. I would have never thought to go the pastel route, however- you’ve changed my mind! I really appreciate the balance that is created between the feminine pastels and the more industrial and pronounced visuals such as the photos.
    Can you say where you got a lot of the furniture?

40. Melissa commented
    June 25th, 2014 at 8:07pm

Where is the couch on the first picture from?