Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

March 11, 2014

I fell in love with this charming and very graphic little Russian apartment recently on the my paradissi blog and I couldn’t resist sharing a glimpse of it below. This fabby place is 45sqm (approx. 480 sq.ft.) and was designed by INT2 Architecture. The pastel hues are a hit as well as the white painted brick, but I also love the room dividers, winter garden, kitchen and storage nooks, and how graphic it is. This is all in all a really clever and fun space and I LOVE that it’s so tidy and compact. Gorgeous!

Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

Love: Owl artwork, wood floors, geometric wall hanging

Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

Love: chalkboard shelving and minty green stools

Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

Love: Numbered wine hold, overhead wine glass storage, overhead lighting

Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

Love: Flooring and rug, artwork, pendant

Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

Love: Geometric backdrop (not sure if this is tile, wallpaper or painted on but it’s pretty cool)

Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

Love: The seating, rug, how the windows are painted pale blue, pendants, white-painted brick and those wall cushions and art aren’t bad either.

Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

Love: How the shelving fits perfectly in this nook!

Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

Love: Beneath the bedroom floor – storage drawers! Also love the divider between the living area and sleep space

Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

Love: Raised bedroom and neat little closet area.

Small Apartment With Great Storage in Pastel Tones

Love: It appears as though there is more storage in the floor on the left side of the bed. I also love the pendant.

What do you love about this space?

(images: INT2 Architecture)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Catherine March 11, 2014 at 4:48 pm

LOVE everything about this small space! Colors, furniture, materials, texture, storage ideas…. I m in LOVE!!!!

• Reply Veronika March 11, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Absolutely love this space – because it’s bold and coherent, smart and fun. Some of the details are just great – such as the foldable bar. Thanks for sharing, Holly! Such a wonderful inspiration.

• Reply tinajo March 11, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Oooh, I really like this place – great colors and patterns everywhere!

• Reply Lisa Don March 11, 2014 at 6:04 pm

I love EVERY SINGLE element in this appartment. Its like they have brought to live all my pinterest boards for my own apartment. Love love love.

• Reply Johwey March 11, 2014 at 7:47 pm

I really like the industrial themed shelving!

• Reply Abigail March 11, 2014 at 8:14 pm

This is amazing! I’m fixing up a cottage in northern Michigan that is about this size. I love all of the storage solutions!

• Reply Jamie March 11, 2014 at 8:22 pm

I love everything about it! If I were a single lady living in a trendy apartment, this is what I would hope it would look like! I especially love the owl print, and the mint stools!

• Reply Küchenzirkus March 11, 2014 at 8:31 pm

I love the kitchen! It is really fancy and full of creative ideas!

• Reply sula362 March 11, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Love the bar. That is great fun

• Reply Clever Girl Reviews March 11, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I’m not a huge fan of pastels in the home but this is just right! Those barstools are to die for!

• Reply sara March 11, 2014 at 9:18 pm

I love the side chalk board wall next to the seating island.
    there’s a lot of character.

• Reply Amy March 11, 2014 at 11:23 pm

i don’t often say – i wish this was my house! and feel so warm and happy thinking about just that – but this space is so so cute. love so many things about it :)

• Reply Christine E-E March 12, 2014 at 12:11 am

The little dining area + the bookcase is adorable! But, oh those storage units under the bed platform are simply amazing. Can you tell us what the little trap door is to the left of the bed (as you’re looking at the brick wall).

• Reply caroline @trend-daily March 12, 2014 at 12:50 am

Gorgeous, inspiring apartment!

• Reply Catee March 12, 2014 at 1:49 am

I think the kitchen walls are covered in Moonish wooden tiles the same pattern can be seen at They are awesome removable plywood tiles.

• Reply Glenda Childers March 12, 2014 at 2:18 am

This space is so sweetly organized, but am not sure I would want to live in such tight quarters.

• Reply PinkPanthress March 12, 2014 at 3:18 am

Love the place! I adore the closed Balcony with that nook most. :)
    Storage is so important in such small places.

• Reply Cintia Soto March 12, 2014 at 8:01 am

Hi Holly
    I have to say that I love this post, because rarely I see photography as a wall art and this is very simple but well done in a small spaces like this.

• Reply Anoush Alexnde March 12, 2014 at 8:20 am

I want to live in this apartment simply nice and great beautifully done the decor i liked the bar style in the kitchen and the green chairs are highlighted feature. I have my own site related to home decoration ideas and just got some nice ideas here thanks.

• Reply Lucy Chen March 12, 2014 at 9:06 am

I absolutely LOVE the giant chalk board!

• Reply Atylia - Meuble et Decoration Design March 12, 2014 at 9:59 am

Wood, cosy, warm, the perfect place !
    I was afraid about pastel in the living room, too girly at first sight but not so much after all.

• Reply Hendri Govanski March 12, 2014 at 10:02 am

Really nice apartment. I love it, Really inspired, especially for apartment, Really save space. It’s clean and tidy.

• Reply Sooah Barbieri March 12, 2014 at 10:45 am

Any way to get the source of the yellow rug in the kitchen? Love this space.

• Reply Chi chi Furniture March 12, 2014 at 10:59 am

Love everything about this space. Its so bright and airy and the clever pops of colour really add a welcoming warm touch. The chalk board wall in the kitchen and the painted brick wall really adds a new dimension and texture to the space. Perfect :O)

• Reply Barbara March 12, 2014 at 11:45 am

Wow, I love this place! Too many good stuff, details, carefully arranged thigs. I love the kitchen the most, I think. I mean, if I had to choose. Since I’m decorating my own at the moment, I’m always searching for some ideas.
    And the bedroom, great solution. Good artwork, nicely used space. Really cool :)

• Reply Zandra Zuraw March 12, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Oh my gosh! LOVE this place! I was skeptical at first when you said “pastel” but wow, this one has turned my head around! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Lidia March 12, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I saw this post too on myparadissi and I love this interior and the great storage ideas. I put it in my ‘liked posts’ so I can look at it later.

• Reply Liz @ Our Everyday love March 12, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Such a good example of how a tiny space can stay organized!

• Reply Anindita March 12, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Love the nook. Clean and simple. Really inspired!

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} March 12, 2014 at 8:15 pm

that bar area is ADORABLE!

• Reply Angel March 13, 2014 at 6:45 am

I’m not normally a fan of pastels but it works so well in this apartment.

• Reply Patricia March 13, 2014 at 9:44 am

I love the kitchen backsplash! I wonder how they did that? My own kitchen is very similar – I have all white cabinets too, but now I think it needs a pop of color and the backsplash is a great way to inject it. I wonder if it’s painted?

• Reply Amy H.G. March 13, 2014 at 10:48 pm

What an adorable and fresh space! I’m beginning to work on making our basement usable without all the extra cost of formally finishing it, and the white painted walls are exactly what I will be doing. I won’t have the natural light, but this post was a great jumping off point to help me get started and realize that painted walls can look just fine.

• Reply meg March 14, 2014 at 12:43 am

So many great ideas! It doesn’t even really feel small to me!

• Reply Michelle - Jarrah Jungle March 14, 2014 at 2:12 am

I love the use of pastels in this home. My favourite is the coloured kitchen splash back tile with the black and white moose head art, such a great contrast :)

• Reply Mina Brinkey March 14, 2014 at 2:29 pm

What a cheerful and fun space! I love the colors and I especially like the storage under that bed! Brilliant!

• Reply April Louise March 16, 2014 at 11:14 pm

This apartment is great, I love the colours and styling with such creative ideas, I particularly like the storage solutions.

• Reply Sofia March 22, 2014 at 6:21 pm

This just gave me some ideas of what to do with a similar area that I have in my house (near the windows).

That apartment is beautiful!

• Reply Diana Potts May 11, 2014 at 1:23 pm

I’m moving into a new apartment and am design challenged. I would have never thought to go the pastel route, however- you’ve changed my mind! I really appreciate the balance that is created between the feminine pastels and the more industrial and pronounced visuals such as the photos.
    Can you say where you got a lot of the furniture?

• Reply Melissa June 25, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Where is the couch on the first picture from?

• Reply elizabeth November 10, 2014 at 12:49 am

i would love to see the plan for this efficient and lovely place!

• Reply Jenny March 14, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Hello, where do I find those minty bar stools? I am having an awful time finding stools that tall enough!