Travel

March 17, 2014

FvF in Berlin just teamed up with Vitra to create a gorgeous apartment that is now available to rent out for when you want to welcome friends for dinner parties, workshops and overnight stays. They’ve offered me a chance to use the space, so perhaps I will this summer (more info here) but until then, here’s a gorgeous view of the apartment they’ve designed. I just love the kitchen and the windows throughout the space. There is nothing like an old German pre-war building (particularly a Jugendstil altbauwohnung), that’s for sure…

FvF + Vitra = New Berlin Apartment

From their press release, “Under the direction of Freunde von Freunden, the architect Etienne Descloux and the interior architect Katrin Greiling, the 65sqm “Altbau” apartment on Mulackstrasse was rebuilt and designed to become a flexible apartment, adaptable to the diverse scenarios of everyday life.”

Anything in particular that you like about this space? When I look at it I keep thinking of how much I want to get back into client work again – I’d love to design a commercial space – like a restaurant, office, even a hotel. Would be so much fun! Perhaps later this year…

(images: fvonf)

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply porlasramasblog March 17, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Nice place!

• Reply Emma March 17, 2014 at 8:40 pm

I really like the lighting and all the greenery in the bathroom (where I imagine the plants enjoy the humidity)!

• Reply Lisa-Marie March 18, 2014 at 3:12 am

Too much fur for me! The place is beautiful and really cozy looking. I really feel they ruined it with all the dead animal pelts!!!

• Reply Cate Lawrence March 18, 2014 at 7:27 am

Really interesting. I teach cooking classes for small groups and I’m moving to Germany in July so….

• Reply Angela - designhaus no.9 March 18, 2014 at 11:06 am

Wunderbar! I love this style. And I’m a “Altbauwohnung” fan, with this fantastic ceiling height and the old wooden floors.

• Reply lily March 18, 2014 at 11:26 am

this is beautiful! there is so much room inspiration as well!

lots of love,

lily from miaou or never

• Reply Kate Scott March 21, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Very cute , however, there is nothing attractive about dead animals/skins used for decor or warmth. Give it a thumbs down.

• Reply Zandra Zuraw March 21, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Oh my gosh! You can rent this place even for just a single evening to host an event??? I wish we had something like this in the U.S. (Well we probably do, I just haven’t heard of it). For our blog, my biz partner and I host a monthly party to cap off our theme for that month. (For example, this month our theme is “Bookish,” and we’ve hosted a “Vintage Librarian Social,” where everyone dresses up in their best retro garb and we talk books, books and more books). We’re always trying to find creative ways to use spaces available to us and it would be amazing to have this kind of place to play around with.

• Reply wen April 11, 2014 at 4:13 am

I love wooden hanger they use to hang the map/canvas in the kitchen/dining room! Any idea where you can find a similar one?