FvF + Vitra = New Berlin Apartment

FvF in Berlin just teamed up with Vitra to create a gorgeous apartment that is now available to rent out for when you want to welcome friends for dinner parties, workshops and overnight stays. They’ve offered me a chance to use the space, so perhaps I will this summer (more info here) but until then, here’s a gorgeous view of the apartment they’ve designed. I just love the kitchen and the windows throughout the space. There is nothing like an old German pre-war building (particularly a Jugendstil altbauwohnung), that’s for sure…

berlin

1887f9eba618f40d859df1faad38867b

da2acb124577b479c3a92a7b5b847fa5

t3-XaqFiEl87jejG65oV6oR4nfL3DOtxuC48ngS0LXQ

t0cSylFAZETmY9T8xliJ0Muq5RDx7IO19O6GWl4zDUo

vNqY1H5OBgAJEmMxe9Eg2AJwXudPjtzD0ktN-HDlwds

B1KQl3kusoZzGyXOsI0M0EXnvTum57XcQ3GkgxQ7k0w

e7fcee3a99b700a36c7e21d2b80f1852

568ae121b3853977cc641238861ab6bb

2a61d2e3340b71caa5a8c41fb72b3ed6

QMxuRfd-oKj0zAgUxwAqnizPszyfMn1K4Un-tbMoU30

3e2c6530d516078c71730c69471b0ae5

From their press release, “Under the direction of Freunde von Freunden, the architect Etienne Descloux and the interior architect Katrin Greiling, the 65sqm “Altbau” apartment on Mulackstrasse was rebuilt and designed to become a flexible apartment, adaptable to the diverse scenarios of everyday life.”

Anything in particular that you like about this space? When I look at it I keep thinking of how much I want to get back into client work again – I’d love to design a commercial space – like a restaurant, office, even a hotel. Would be so much fun! Perhaps later this year…

(images: fvonf)

Posted by decor8 in travel on March 17, 2014

1. porlasramasblog commented
    March 17th, 2014 at 8:39pm

Nice place!
    porlasramasblog´s last blog post ..MY FRIDAY WALKS

2. Emma commented
    March 17th, 2014 at 8:40pm

I really like the lighting and all the greenery in the bathroom (where I imagine the plants enjoy the humidity)!
    Emma´s last blog post ..Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

3. Lisa-Marie commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 3:12am

Too much fur for me! The place is beautiful and really cozy looking. I really feel they ruined it with all the dead animal pelts!!!

4. Cate Lawrence commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 7:27am

Really interesting. I teach cooking classes for small groups and I’m moving to Germany in July so….

5. Angela - designhaus no.9 commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 11:06am

Wunderbar! I love this style. And I’m a “Altbauwohnung” fan, with this fantastic ceiling height and the old wooden floors.
    Angela – designhaus no.9´s last blog post ..Handgefertigte Porzellanserie von Lukas Grewenig & Carolin Walch

6. lily commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 11:26am

this is beautiful! there is so much room inspiration as well!

lots of love,

lily from miaou or never
    lily´s last blog post ..025: to lily, buy yourself something pretty, love lily x

7. Kate Scott commented
    March 21st, 2014 at 7:40pm

Very cute , however, there is nothing attractive about dead animals/skins used for decor or warmth. Give it a thumbs down.

8. Zandra Zuraw commented
    March 21st, 2014 at 7:44pm

Oh my gosh! You can rent this place even for just a single evening to host an event??? I wish we had something like this in the U.S. (Well we probably do, I just haven’t heard of it). For our blog, my biz partner and I host a monthly party to cap off our theme for that month. (For example, this month our theme is “Bookish,” and we’ve hosted a “Vintage Librarian Social,” where everyone dresses up in their best retro garb and we talk books, books and more books). We’re always trying to find creative ways to use spaces available to us and it would be amazing to have this kind of place to play around with.
    Zandra Zuraw´s last blog post ..DIY: Book Spine Art

9. wen commented
    April 11th, 2014 at 4:13am

I love wooden hanger they use to hang the map/canvas in the kitchen/dining room! Any idea where you can find a similar one?