I’m floored! I wanted to pull together my top 14 favorite floors because I love flooring and think it’s totally worth the investment. In fact, I know it’s worth it because we recently had hardwood flooring installed in the back of our house and it made a HUGE difference in our life and also in our heating bill already! Here are some floors that I’m into at the moment, I’m curious to see if any of these appeal to you or if you already have one of these looks at home?
1. Floral floor tile? OH YES PLEASE. This is just the cutest, I’m in love. And check out the tile in the adjacent room too in those sexy hexy shapes. Now I want to see all of the other rooms in this home, the beauty must just go on and on and on… In fact, did you check out the doorways – each trimmed inside with black paint? Pinch me. via: remodelista
2. Washi tape as rug. I love how this rug outline was taped beneath the table. You could go nuts with this idea if you have solid flooring (meaning, pattern-free). It may not last forever, but who needs it to? Who cares about forever, my god, just get me through today. I personally love changing things up so this is a great option for the non-committal types. Via: zsa zsa bellagio.
3. High gloss grey wood. This is such a modern, clean look. You can’t drop anything on it though so this is definitely a good look for clean freaks. So shiny and pretty but also very classy. Via: Stellan Herner/Skarp Agent
4.”Escher-esque” tiles. This is just TOO MUCH SEXY in one space. I love it. It’s very graphic so it must be easy to keep clean since I imagine the pattern makes you a bit too dizzy/loopy if you stare toooo long – unlike my white tile bathroom floors that I have to constantly wipe down! White tile in the bathroom only works if every member of your household is blonde – otherwise dark hairs are a royal pain to constantly scoop up with kleenex (I hate seeing hairs on bathroom floors, I know hair happens but it’s a pet peeve). Photographer: Linda Bergroth
5. Dark Polished Cement Floors – This is in a house outside of Paris that we nearly shot for my second book, but we couldn’t budget in the extra shoot day. Too bad. I love the floors! via: elle interior
6. Rustic wide plank floors in black, gray and brown – love! This just screams, “I am one HOT bachelor and this is where I impress the ladies”, right!? This is a floor I want to get on top of! I’d like to add a black worn leather sofa to this space, an art wall and a big flokati rug on the floor so I can get cozy because that sofa, though cute, is NOT curl-up-able.
7. Diamond Patterned Wood – More wooden floors, this time in a very cool diamond pattern that looks washed out in a grey-brown. Would we call this Grown, like Frown? Again, a floor can really make a room, right? Via: oyoy
8. Stenciled rustic wooden floors. This is a great look for a porch or kitchen because it has this whole boho vibe. I imagine this floor in a room oozing with plants and stuff from Anthropologie. Via: From London With Love.
9. Wood laid many ways – I adore this stylish way to install a wooden floor, don’t you? Really amazing. Definitely on my love list! I love the whole apartment too though, I mean wooden paneling on the walls, that sofa, the high ceilings, it’s definitely a hot property.
10. Old European tiles: Particularly those from Portgual, Spain, France, Belgium and Germany. This kitchen and the tiles have been a major LIKE of mine for a long time now. via: no cheap thrills
11. Wood + Tile Combo – I know it’s pretty mainstream to see natural wooden floors but I still ADORE them. Especially when they’re matte and not super shiny. What I really love about this hallway though is the tiles at the entrance. This is a favorite look of mine that I would LOVE to have in my home someday. via: Valvet.
12. Hardwood painted mint (or any gorgeous color): This is such a serene and pretty floor. I like seeing wood painted, white, mint, gray, black… It’s all good to me. via: shape+space
13. Tinted wood flooring (in indigo): I’ve never laid eyes on a wooden floor quite like this. It’s so unique and breathtaking but also very subtle and natural. I can imagine a tinted wooden floor in so many different colors. I personally would love a silver tinted wooden floor, that would be so amazing as I’ve not yet come across metallic wooden floors before but imagine they’d look stunning. via: color me indigo
14. Painted rug on concrete floors: This is such a great look, don’t you think? Placed a painted rug beneath that table really gives such a large area a defined eating space. Clever and affordable. via: merchant design.
Okay, it’s your turn? What are YOUR top favorites from my finds above? Any that made your knees buckle?
(images linked to their sources above)