Our Book Party Photos From Vancouver

Hello everyone! I’m just thrilled to share our book party photos from our first book party for Decorate With Flowers held in Vancouver this past Friday. It was hosted by the super gorgeous interior design store, The Cross who helped us so much on our shoots loaning us props for our book. Lovely Leslie Shewring, the author, was on the scene signing books and making flower arrangements for guests to purchase and take away. It was such a gorgeous event that I had to share it with you because we are both so proud! thecross11

All of these photos were shot by Vancouver-based photographer Janis Nicolay? She photographed most of the Canadian interiors in our book. Naturally, she had to be at the book party to share in the fun of the evening. We were so thrilled when she offered to take some photos to capture the spirit of the event. I wish we could have her travel with us and shoot all of our events – she is one of the best photographers out there – I love her eye and style.

thecross7

The lady in the middle has her home in our book, her name is Kate Horsman. The stunning woman to her right is her mom and to her left, her equally beautiful sister. What a gorgeous group. Thank you Kate for lending us your home to shoot in – we loved styling one of our entertainment shots in your dining room with your incredible white piano!

thecross18

thecross2

This is Leslie with Megan Close (The Media Relations Manager for The Cross) and Stephanie Vogler (owner of The Cross). These ladies went above and beyond for our book and for this event – we are honored! Thank you so much.

thecross15

thecross6

thecross9

thecros13 thecross10 thecross16 thecross12

thecross4

thecross3

Leslie with one of the professional photographers who helped shoot Decorate With Flowers, the talented Janis Nicolay, who also writes Pinecone Camp. We love you Janis!

thecross14

Leslie shown above with some of our guests, fans who love Decorate With Flowers and Leslie’s blog. I wish I could have been there but soon when my baby Aidan is older, I can start traveling to some of the upcoming events we have in the pipeline. Thank you again to The Cross for this beyond beautiful event that you hosted for us and for selling out of all of our books! Yay!

Our next flower party is in the plans in North America and also in the UK and Europe, but we still need to finalize everything. When we do, I’ll post our events on decor8 so you possibly may join us. To learn more about our new book, please visit our Decorate With Flowers website which is loaded with gorgeous photos for you to use on your blog and to pin to your Pinterest page.

(photography: janis nicolay)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines, events + markets on May 12, 2014

1. Maureen commented
    May 12th, 2014 at 10:24pm

I enjoyed reading your book and the write up in styleathome, which I must say was an exceptionally good issue.
    Maureen´s last blog post ..Reading specs…

2. Romy commented
    May 12th, 2014 at 10:43pm

Congratulations on your gorgeous book and your lovely event, Holly. Love the images! Just ordered my copy :)

3. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    May 13th, 2014 at 6:32am

Oh, what a beautiful idea – to have her make arrangements on site for people to purchase. Amazing!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Adoption Update – Part 12 – We have a date!

4. mel commented
    May 13th, 2014 at 10:25am

Oh I bet you would have loved to have been there Holly! Such lovely photos to capture the event for you. Congratulations to you and Leslie. Mel x
    mel´s last blog post ..Instagram Talk | Hilde Mork

5. Catherina commented
    May 13th, 2014 at 12:51pm

Amazing!
    Congratulations :) Really pretty pictures as well.

xx Catherina
    Catherina´s last blog post ..Strawberry coconut smoothie

6. Natalia commented
    May 13th, 2014 at 11:07pm

Congratulations on your new book! Fab pics as always.

7. Laura Gaskill commented
    May 14th, 2014 at 1:41pm

How lovely!! I haven’t gotten my copy yet, but I can’t wait to read it cover to cover when I do! That is so special that Leslie made floral arrangements at the party, what a great idea :) hugs, Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Streamlining the Cupboards for Summer

8. Bonnie Wilson commented
    May 16th, 2014 at 4:51pm

If you are looking for inspiration, this is the jackpot – the book, Decorate with Flowers, the Cross in Vancouver and these lovely photos by Janis Nicolay. Great event ladies!