Welcome To My decor8 Great.ly Shop!

Hello friends! Yesterday Great.ly launched and I’m so excited to share my shop with you! Have you heard of Great.ly? It’s an online marketplace where tastemakers and makers team up – so makers share their products and tastemakers (like me!) curate and set up shop. My shop has a focus on decorating (naturally!), personal accessories (totes, clothes, jewelry), office, art and kid’s stuff. I’ll regularly update my selections too so you’ll always find new surprises waiting for you there. Here are a few things that you’ll find currently… Pretty, right!? You can tell I’m into peach, gold, blue and green tones at the moment with shots of black, can’t you?!

f950a565
decor8greatly1

a. silhouette pendant by Vana Chupp // b. Mountain Blossom scarf by Leah Duncan that I’d love to frame! // c. laptop case made in Japan by Hanelca Aya Kawaura // d. lucite necklace by Adelia Mae.
decor8greatly3decor8greatly2
I love my art selections, I can imagine all of these looking great together on a salon style wall, can’t you? See more of my art picks here. Bow stripe by Monica Lee // To the moon and back by Graphic Anthology // Pink overlapping circles by Britt Castellano // Just Start by Holly Casto // From the valley by Emily Jeffords // Faded beach day no2 by Lisa Golightly Bonjour by Ellie Bradley // As If print by a Sensible Habit // Shade art by Julia Kostreva

decor8greatly5

Here are some more goodies for you to buy… Gold heart cake topper by Splendid Supply Co. // black and maple serving board by Araya Jensen // Cocktail coasters by a Sensible Habit // Ceramic Bowl by lookslikewhite Ceramics

I hope you enjoy shopping in the decor8 Great.ly shop!

(images: great.ly)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on May 23, 2014

1. Yuko :: northfield gate commented
    May 23rd, 2014 at 12:51pm

I love the art you selected for the shop! So peachy, happy, and springy! I’ll go check out your shop now :)
    Yuko :: northfield gate´s last blog post ..Taking a walk down memory lane part 2 :: New Art

2. Lucy Chen commented
    May 23rd, 2014 at 1:56pm

You have beautiful taste, Holly! Congrats on your new endeavour.
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..What I Learned From My First Plein Air Painting

3. Ania commented
    May 23rd, 2014 at 3:08pm

I absolutely love the laptop case patterned with black triangles by Hanelca Aya Kawaura. At first I thought it was a handbag but then I realized it is the coolest laptop bag ever. Those triangles and simplicity of the design are simply stunning.

4. Christina Storm commented
    May 23rd, 2014 at 3:15pm

Love this!

<3, Christina
    Christina Storm´s last blog post ..Memorial Day Wear…

5. Maddy commented
    May 23rd, 2014 at 3:42pm

Thanks for including our pencils, coasters, cake toppers and cupcake toppers in your gorgeously curated shop, Holly! So glad you love the line – I’ve always loved your taste and vision (I was even in your first BYW class!), so it’s very flattering. I really appreciate it!
    Maddy´s last blog post ..Gold Foil Swiss Dot Pencils, Set of 6 by SplendidSupplyCo

6. Pepe commented
    May 23rd, 2014 at 5:33pm

What a wonderful idea Holly! I´m going to visit Great.ly soon… And your pics are just amazing. Well done <3

Pepe

7. Britt Castellano commented
    May 23rd, 2014 at 9:47pm

Hi Holly, Thanks so much for including my overlapping circles print in this post. I have been a huge fan of Decor8 for so long! It is so exciting to see one of my items featured here. Thanks again!!!

8. Gayle Romay commented
    May 23rd, 2014 at 11:01pm

Thanks so much for sharing this Holly, what a great idea

9. Keith Kreeger commented
    May 23rd, 2014 at 11:54pm

Thank you Holly for featuring a bit of my work in your beautiful boutique!!!

10. Nina commented
    May 24th, 2014 at 3:56am

Wow, your shop looks beautiful! I’d never heard of Great.ly but what a cool idea! Thanks for sharing it :)
    Nina x
    littlepinkcactus.blogspot.com
    Nina´s last blog post ..Drawings + Kitty

11. Jim commented
    May 24th, 2014 at 10:26pm

Congrats holly. The website looks amazing. Just make sure you change simple things like the meta tags so that search engines pick Greatly

12. Capucine commented
    May 25th, 2014 at 6:38am

I checked this out too, never heard of Great.ly. I didn’t expect what it turned out to be. So…if I sell my art on Etsy, I get 98% of the profits, but if I sell it on Great.ly (and they don’t allow selling on both!) I only get 50%?

So, you and Great.ly get 50% of what my art sells for just for…for…for what exactly? Is exposure worth losing 50% of a selling price? I would have to sell a ton on Great.ly that Etsy couldn’t match to justify that. Exposure is a worth a lot, but that much?? Blogs like yours need to feature new artists for content, and HAVE all these readers because of the discoveries showcased partly, no? Should the artists be paying so much to be included, really?

I’m shocked. It feels slimy. Bloggers feature Etsiers they love for nothing today, and this feels like someone’s crack at monetizing that sharing, how to milk money…from the makers, who still must make and ship for less money. Perhaps I am naive, I am not an artist and I don’t have an Etsy shop so if someone is really playing the game and sees the value, please educate me. I intentionally buy from Etsy to support stay at home moms, I want to know this Great.ly shop you’ve got isn’t burning them. Because it sure looks that way.

13. Sandra von 3-ZKB commented
    May 26th, 2014 at 10:43am

Wow, that´s gorgeous Holly! I love the Geometric Air Plant Vessel and the Emanate Jilly Cup and the Bekasi Large Zip Pouch and …

Your shop is full of great products – thanks for sharing!
    Sandra von 3-ZKB´s last blog post ..Vor die Tür, nach Usedom

14. Antonia commented
    May 26th, 2014 at 6:14pm

Wow, thats great!! I have my own “maker” store on Great.ly

15. Andrea commented
    May 27th, 2014 at 2:38am

What a great concept. I like :) Of your selection here I particularly like the mountain blossum scarf, and the valley painting. You have such a recognisable sense of style, ….

I find always find it interesting to see what you pull together, because although I always find gems in your collections that I gravitate too, your style is so completely different to mine. The overall synthesis of the individual pieces is so much more light, and calm and gentle than any place I’ve ever lived. I think more than anything there is always a pretty and feminine energy in your style.
    Andrea´s last blog post ..Mid week photo detour: Tropical colour in Kochi, India

16. Nova @ 18chelseamews commented
    May 27th, 2014 at 2:06pm

Well done Holly! You’ve gathered some lovely items here. I’m loving the Hello Watercolour Print & the Geometric Air Plant Vessel.

Good luck and thanks for sharing!
    Nova @ 18chelseamews´s last blog post ..Sipping Pretty: 6 Beauty-Boosting Infused Water Recipes To Make At Home

17. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2014 at 6:54pm

@Andrea – Thank you so much, what a nice thing to say. :)

18. GREAT.LY commented
    May 28th, 2014 at 3:25am

hi @capucine … oh! i think there’s been a bit of confusion! we would never EVER want to take away from makers.. at-home-moms, or artist/designers of any kind… quite the opposite actually! our whole reason for being is to give makers more exposure (and you can totally have an etsy shop AND a GREAT.LY studio – we’d just love it if you stocked different things in each place, again giving more exposure to more of what you do, while giving each marketplace something special to feature). the % breakdown is a typical wholesale model (galleries often use a similar model too). we want to make sure that the makers are paid, but we also want to help tastemakers get paid (they’ve spent years creating huge followings, and yes, they do write about etsy sellers they love for free… the maker then makes 98%, the tastemaker earns nothing). our goal truly is to create a win-win for everyone. we currently have over 300 makers on our site, all of whom applied to be part of the team (we promise that we didn’t force anyone to join!). anyway, we hope this explains it a little more, but if you still have questions, please feel free to reach out to support [at] great [dot] ly , or for more information you can watch this recent video interview with our founder, sarah bryden-brown to hear all of the ins and outs of GREAT.LY – thanks! :)

19. Aya Kawaura / hanelca commented
    May 28th, 2014 at 7:20am

Holly! Thank you very much for including my product in your Great.ly shop and your article!!
    I really like your taste, and I am so happy to have my product introduced outside of Japan.
    Please let me keep following you.

Thank you again.

<3 from Japan
    Aya of hanelca

20. Adelia commented
    May 28th, 2014 at 6:52pm

Thanks so much for the feature Holly, so flattered to have one of my necklaces in your shop along with so may other great items!

Just one little correction – my name’s actually Adelia Mae, not Rae as you have it in the post :)

21. decor8 commented
    May 29th, 2014 at 5:32pm

@Adelia – Sorry Adelia, I’ll correct that right away!

22. Brandy commented
    May 29th, 2014 at 9:53pm

Hi Holly! I’m thrilled to see my “as if” print and my linen coasters in your Great.ly Shop! You were the very first blogger to ever give me a shout out back in 2006 ! We were so excited back then! Thank you for your support! http://decor8blog.com/2006/07/21/fabricate-design/
    Brandy´s last blog post ..MARIMEKKO – UNIKKO (POPPY) 50TH ANNIVERSARY!

23. Adelia commented
    May 29th, 2014 at 9:56pm

decor8,

No problem, thanks so much!

24. lookslikewhite commented
    June 1st, 2014 at 9:33pm

So excited to see my bowl in your beautiful Great.ly shop and to have it featured in your post. Thank you so much Holly! I am a big fan so it is a thrill for me to be included.
    Best,
    Trudy
    lookslikewhite´s last blog post ..Farmhouse Style Loft

25. Laura K Aiken commented
    June 2nd, 2014 at 12:23am

Hi Holly
    I see you have a Emily Jeffords painting in your shop! CONGRATS to Emily! She’s a Greenville girl and creates beautiful work. :)
    Laura K Aiken´s last blog post ..Summer Art Camp

26. Anya commented
    June 5th, 2014 at 8:48pm

I really love your blog and your shop looks beautiful!

Holly, I’m so grateful that I know about Great.ly from you! Amazing project! I’m so happy to be a part of it! I already have 4 sales in my studio on Great.ly :) Thank you again and have a really good day! :)

Anya