Shopping + Products

Welcome To My decor8 Shop!

May 23, 2014

Hello friends! Yesterday launched and I’m so excited to share my shop with you! Have you heard of It’s an online marketplace where tastemakers and makers team up – so makers share their products and tastemakers (like me!) curate and set up shop. My shop has a focus on decorating (naturally!), personal accessories (totes, clothes, jewelry), office, art and kid’s stuff. I’ll regularly update my selections too so you’ll always find new surprises waiting for you there. Here are a few things that you’ll find currently… Pretty, right!? You can tell I’m into peach, gold, blue and green tones at the moment with shots of black, can’t you?!

Welcome To My decor8 Shop!
Welcome To My decor8 Shop!

a. silhouette pendant by Vana Chupp // b. Mountain Blossom scarf by Leah Duncan that I’d love to frame! // c. laptop case made in Japan by Hanelca Aya Kawaura // d. lucite necklace by Adelia Mae.
Welcome To My decor8 Shop!Welcome To My decor8 Shop!
I love my art selections, I can imagine all of these looking great together on a salon style wall, can’t you? See more of my art picks here. Bow stripe by Monica Lee // To the moon and back by Graphic Anthology // Pink overlapping circles by Britt Castellano // Just Start by Holly Casto // From the valley by Emily Jeffords // Faded beach day no2 by Lisa Golightly Bonjour by Ellie Bradley // As If print by a Sensible Habit // Shade art by Julia Kostreva

Welcome To My decor8 Shop!

Here are some more goodies for you to buy… Gold heart cake topper by Splendid Supply Co. // black and maple serving board by Araya Jensen // Cocktail coasters by a Sensible Habit // Ceramic Bowl by lookslikewhite Ceramics

I hope you enjoy shopping in the decor8 shop!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Yuko :: northfield gate May 23, 2014 at 12:51 pm

I love the art you selected for the shop! So peachy, happy, and springy! I’ll go check out your shop now :)

• Reply Lucy Chen May 23, 2014 at 1:56 pm

You have beautiful taste, Holly! Congrats on your new endeavour.

• Reply Ania May 23, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I absolutely love the laptop case patterned with black triangles by Hanelca Aya Kawaura. At first I thought it was a handbag but then I realized it is the coolest laptop bag ever. Those triangles and simplicity of the design are simply stunning.

• Reply Christina Storm May 23, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Love this!

<3, Christina

• Reply Maddy May 23, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Thanks for including our pencils, coasters, cake toppers and cupcake toppers in your gorgeously curated shop, Holly! So glad you love the line – I’ve always loved your taste and vision (I was even in your first BYW class!), so it’s very flattering. I really appreciate it!

• Reply Pepe May 23, 2014 at 5:33 pm

What a wonderful idea Holly! I´m going to visit soon… And your pics are just amazing. Well done <3

• Reply Britt Castellano May 23, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Hi Holly, Thanks so much for including my overlapping circles print in this post. I have been a huge fan of Decor8 for so long! It is so exciting to see one of my items featured here. Thanks again!!!

• Reply Gayle Romay May 23, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this Holly, what a great idea

• Reply Keith Kreeger May 23, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Thank you Holly for featuring a bit of my work in your beautiful boutique!!!

• Reply Nina May 24, 2014 at 3:56 am

Wow, your shop looks beautiful! I’d never heard of but what a cool idea! Thanks for sharing it :)
    Nina x

• Reply Jim May 24, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Congrats holly. The website looks amazing. Just make sure you change simple things like the meta tags so that search engines pick Greatly

• Reply Capucine May 25, 2014 at 6:38 am

I checked this out too, never heard of I didn’t expect what it turned out to be. So…if I sell my art on Etsy, I get 98% of the profits, but if I sell it on (and they don’t allow selling on both!) I only get 50%?

So, you and get 50% of what my art sells for just for…for…for what exactly? Is exposure worth losing 50% of a selling price? I would have to sell a ton on that Etsy couldn’t match to justify that. Exposure is a worth a lot, but that much?? Blogs like yours need to feature new artists for content, and HAVE all these readers because of the discoveries showcased partly, no? Should the artists be paying so much to be included, really?

I’m shocked. It feels slimy. Bloggers feature Etsiers they love for nothing today, and this feels like someone’s crack at monetizing that sharing, how to milk money…from the makers, who still must make and ship for less money. Perhaps I am naive, I am not an artist and I don’t have an Etsy shop so if someone is really playing the game and sees the value, please educate me. I intentionally buy from Etsy to support stay at home moms, I want to know this shop you’ve got isn’t burning them. Because it sure looks that way.

• Reply Sandra von 3-ZKB May 26, 2014 at 10:43 am

Wow, that´s gorgeous Holly! I love the Geometric Air Plant Vessel and the Emanate Jilly Cup and the Bekasi Large Zip Pouch and …

Your shop is full of great products – thanks for sharing!

• Reply Antonia May 26, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Wow, thats great!! I have my own “maker” store on

• Reply Andrea May 27, 2014 at 2:38 am

What a great concept. I like :) Of your selection here I particularly like the mountain blossum scarf, and the valley painting. You have such a recognisable sense of style, ….

I find always find it interesting to see what you pull together, because although I always find gems in your collections that I gravitate too, your style is so completely different to mine. The overall synthesis of the individual pieces is so much more light, and calm and gentle than any place I’ve ever lived. I think more than anything there is always a pretty and feminine energy in your style.

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2014 at 6:54 pm

@Andrea – Thank you so much, what a nice thing to say. :)

• Reply Nova @ 18chelseamews May 27, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Well done Holly! You’ve gathered some lovely items here. I’m loving the Hello Watercolour Print & the Geometric Air Plant Vessel.

Good luck and thanks for sharing!

• Reply GREAT.LY May 28, 2014 at 3:25 am

hi @capucine … oh! i think there’s been a bit of confusion! we would never EVER want to take away from makers.. at-home-moms, or artist/designers of any kind… quite the opposite actually! our whole reason for being is to give makers more exposure (and you can totally have an etsy shop AND a GREAT.LY studio – we’d just love it if you stocked different things in each place, again giving more exposure to more of what you do, while giving each marketplace something special to feature). the % breakdown is a typical wholesale model (galleries often use a similar model too). we want to make sure that the makers are paid, but we also want to help tastemakers get paid (they’ve spent years creating huge followings, and yes, they do write about etsy sellers they love for free… the maker then makes 98%, the tastemaker earns nothing). our goal truly is to create a win-win for everyone. we currently have over 300 makers on our site, all of whom applied to be part of the team (we promise that we didn’t force anyone to join!). anyway, we hope this explains it a little more, but if you still have questions, please feel free to reach out to support [at] great [dot] ly , or for more information you can watch this recent video interview with our founder, sarah bryden-brown to hear all of the ins and outs of GREAT.LY – thanks! :)

• Reply Aya Kawaura / hanelca May 28, 2014 at 7:20 am

Holly! Thank you very much for including my product in your shop and your article!!
    I really like your taste, and I am so happy to have my product introduced outside of Japan.
    Please let me keep following you.

Thank you again.

<3 from Japan
    Aya of hanelca

• Reply Adelia May 28, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Thanks so much for the feature Holly, so flattered to have one of my necklaces in your shop along with so may other great items!

Just one little correction – my name’s actually Adelia Mae, not Rae as you have it in the post :)

• Reply decor8 May 29, 2014 at 5:32 pm

@Adelia – Sorry Adelia, I’ll correct that right away!

• Reply Brandy May 29, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Hi Holly! I’m thrilled to see my “as if” print and my linen coasters in your Shop! You were the very first blogger to ever give me a shout out back in 2006 ! We were so excited back then! Thank you for your support!

• Reply Adelia May 29, 2014 at 9:56 pm

No problem, thanks so much!

• Reply lookslikewhite June 1, 2014 at 9:33 pm

So excited to see my bowl in your beautiful shop and to have it featured in your post. Thank you so much Holly! I am a big fan so it is a thrill for me to be included.

• Reply Laura K Aiken June 2, 2014 at 12:23 am

Hi Holly
    I see you have a Emily Jeffords painting in your shop! CONGRATS to Emily! She’s a Greenville girl and creates beautiful work. :)

• Reply Anya June 5, 2014 at 8:48 pm

I really love your blog and your shop looks beautiful!

Holly, I’m so grateful that I know about from you! Amazing project! I’m so happy to be a part of it! I already have 4 sales in my studio on :) Thank you again and have a really good day! :)