Now Hiring e-Teachers!

Hello everyone! I’m quickly dropping in to wish you a happy weekend with hopes that the weather is as beautiful where you live as it is here… Feeling so blessed! I also want to tell you about an exciting online teaching gig.  I thought I’d cast a net to see who replies because we’re currently hiring, yippee!

certificatebyw

But first, some personal updates… We are all doing really well, Aidan will be 4 months old on June 9th so I’m already preparing an outfit for him to wear for his monthly photo shoot because I’m a crazy in love mommy like that! Thing is, he’s such a doll, I’m totally smitten! I’ll write a big post all about Aidan with updates and photos when he turns 6 months old so you can expect that in August, but if you want play-by-play footage until then, please follow me on Instagram @decor8 because I post lots of pics from my daily life there which often includes my little sweetheart baby boy.

Okay, now to the really cool job stuff. I shot this photo of my mood board above just last week after we just wrapped up another Blogging Your Way e-course and it was a huge success – we had lots of fun, I helped design some prints that you can see on my mood board which we gave away to our students that said, “Blog what you love, love what you blog”, and we also had a final exam in which students could earn a bonafide certificate – I know, so cute, right!? You can see mine printed out (top right) on my mood board. Anyway, we’ll be teaching again in September with a VERY SPECIAL and quite famous designer who will solely lead an amazing class for us then in October/November, I’ll lead another blog class online with two guest teachers. Blogging Your Way is the web’s first e-course about blogging and we’ve been growing and going strong since March 2009 when we launched, with over 7,000 students taught worldwide so far. I can’t believe we just celebrated our 5 year anniversary!

If you would love to teach for Blogging Your Way, please write to our project coordinator, Jessy Senti, with topics you’d like to cover and tell us why you’d make a great teacher. You can send a video submission, a sample teaching post, a list of topics you’d love to cover, etc. Her email is jessy [at] decor8blog [dot] com. This is a very well paid opportunity and for the most part, a one-time teaching gig as we like to switch up our teachers with each course, but this doesn’t mean we’d never call you back to work for us again – we always keep the doors open. We are currently seeking teachers for the October/November 2014 intermediate/advanced blogging class in which a co-teacher would teach two Fridays online and you’d need to be available to answer questions in our forum for a two week period. We can give you more information via email… I can’t wait to see who writes in, maybe you?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

xo
Holly

(photo: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on June 06, 2014

1. Kristin commented
    June 7th, 2014 at 2:13am

What a cool opportunity! I am sad that I missed the e-course it looks fanatic.
    Kristin´s last blog post ..Creative Leak: It’s Not Enough To Like Something

2. Sarah commented
    June 7th, 2014 at 3:11am

Hi Holly,
    I recently completed Blogging your Way and found it so worthwhile. I can’t wait to see what new courses you will be offering.

Sarah x
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Camping Party – 12th Birthday

3. Marie Solveg commented
    June 7th, 2014 at 3:45pm

Hello and have some lovely hollidays:-)

Nice projekt I think, follow you and learn.

Enjoy the days.
    Marie
    Marie Solveg´s last blog post ..Zinobel, Organic Boost, Day no.1 Naturel

4. Andrea Goulet Ford commented
    June 7th, 2014 at 5:08pm

Hey, Holly! “Blog what you love, love what you blog” –> LOVE IT!

My friend forwarded me your post about teaching. I have a popular class on Skillshare that I’d be thrilled to adapt for your audience. I’ve sent Jessy an email with more info. If you wanted to audit the class, just let me know and I’ll send you a VIP link. You can check it out here: http://skl.sh/1hMNqwF.

It sounds like we have very similar philosophies. I spend a good portion of time going over purpose and goals. That’s made all the difference with me and my students because it’s something to keep you going, even on the days you don’t want to write.

Great to meet you! Hope we get to collaborate. :)

To your success,

Andrea

5. Yuri commented
    June 8th, 2014 at 1:33am

wonderful weekend for you too :)
    Yuri´s last blog post ..Bearable Easiness of Being

6. Lucy Chen commented
    June 8th, 2014 at 8:28am

Hi Holly,
    I’m a fine artist / oil painter, and not an interior decorator or stylist. Do you think BYW us a course for me? Thank you.
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..My First Landscape Painting – Painting Our Neighborhood

7. fantas-tisch commented
    June 8th, 2014 at 1:28pm

dear holly,

what an amazing perspective for everybody
    creative, ambitious and conversant with blogging!

Have a wonderful sunny weekend!

Love,
    Anke

…by the way… i love your moodboard!
    fantas-tisch´s last blog post ..delicious greens

8. Jessica @ Dear Emmeline commented
    June 9th, 2014 at 5:18pm

Such a pretty pinboard! Love the background fabric. Do you mind sharing the name and make of it?
    Jessica @ Dear Emmeline´s last blog post ..Narrow Half Bath Design {1910 Home Renovation}

9. decor8 commented
    June 9th, 2014 at 5:29pm

@Jessica – I don’t know, I’m sorry!

10. Barbara commented
    June 11th, 2014 at 3:41pm

Hi Holly,

I’ve just completed your Blogging Your Way – Beginner’s Course and it was such a fantastic experience. So I was really thrilled to read you will be doing a new course in autumn! yeah! I can’t wait and will definitely register for it! I am already looking forward to new lessons (currently I bridge the waiting time by listening to your ‘old’ podcasts – again and again! love them).

Thanks so much and my warmest regards, Barbara
    Barbara´s last blog post ..Sommerliche Hochzeit am Meer in Cornwall von Taylor & Porter

11. Cintia Soto commented
    June 11th, 2014 at 7:15pm

Holly will be nice to have BYW in spanish version. There are a huge market waiting for you. !!! I will be more than happy to help.
    Cintia Soto´s last blog post ..Florence in Black in White

12. Noor commented
    June 12th, 2014 at 10:36pm

I remember you mentioned this to me before. I would love to do it and maybe I am can sometime if you would like :) I wish you the best of luck dear.

13. Marilen commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 6:18pm

Hi Holly !
    I am an interior stylist by profession and have hosted several television shows related to design in my country. If you would like to offer design courses I am interested to apply. I would love to be a contributor too for no pay. Check out my blog at http://www.marilen.ph. Thank you.
    Marilen´s last blog post ..5 Ways To Save On Your House Renovation