Inspiration

June 12, 2014

If you follow me on Pinterest, you may be curious as to why I’ve been madly pinning to my “Inspirations For Joss & Main” pinboard. Well… I’ve been selected to host a curated Joss & Main event on their site from July 8-15 and I’m feeding them imagery that inspires me at the moment, including colorways I’m really into, so that they can work their magic and pull together a sale full of items that decor8 readers will love. They’re using these images as their jumping off point…

My Current Interior InspirationsSkona Hem

I’ve not dome anything like this before so I’m curious to see how it goes. Also, the sale on their site in July will be a paid gig for me which helps with a new baby in the house plus I totally wanted to experiment a little with other revenue opps since I’m accepting less advertisers on decor8 because I want the best ads on my site going forward. I’ve grown tired of seeing billons of ads on blogs and I just want decor8 to have less than 10 at a time and eventually, my goal is to have less than 5 – then I can really hand pick them and work with my advertisers in creative ways. I’m branching out and moving things forward. Plus, I like to try new stuff and am open to partnering with companies that I believe in so I thought I’d give this Joss & Main thing a go-go. I honestly didn’t follow Joss & Main until they reached out to me, but after checking out their site and what they do, I think it could be a good partnership and since it’s only for a week I really have nothing to lose so why not? My Current Interior InspirationsMy Current Interior InspirationsMy Current Interior Inspirations

Three above: the design files

sfgirlbybay

the design files

adore home magazine

home life

home life

the design files

sukha

sfgirlbybay

mokkasin

the design files

the design files

the design files

design love fest

design love fest

Above are just some of my inspirations for Joss & Main. I thought they may inspire you too. To see more, visit my pinterest board HERE. (Images: linked above. Note: This post is NOT sponsored or paid for or anything sneaky.)

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

• Reply Gina @ Oaxacaborn June 12, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I love the idea of having fewer advertisers — and working creatively with those companies.

And as always, your inspiration photos are spot on! Perfectly delightful.

• Reply Shazia Khan June 12, 2014 at 7:00 pm

please add me to your list! your work is amazing!

• Reply Tracy A. June 12, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Such pleasing colors, and so calming!

• Reply Debbie June 12, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Just checked out the J&M site and they have some great stuff. But is it based in the U.S.? If so, that puts it out of reach for me in NL. We have West Wing here, which is great but not as good as what I see here. Do you know of any other comparable sites for those of us living in Europe?

• Reply Margherita Arrighi June 13, 2014 at 7:42 am

I burst of joy locking at the wall with flowers in those little containers…!

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang June 13, 2014 at 7:55 am

Congratulations

• Reply Handmade gb June 13, 2014 at 8:55 am

I love all the colours, so fresh. Your work is an inspiration
    Thanx x

• Reply Lucy Chen June 13, 2014 at 8:59 am

I LOVE LOVE potted plants!

• Reply caroline @trend-daily June 13, 2014 at 2:38 pm

A great choice of boards for them Holly. I will check them out as I haven’t heard of them before but I’m sure they’ll be inspired by these too. Hope it goes really well :-)

• Reply Lala June 13, 2014 at 10:21 pm

i think now more than ever indie designers and smaller businesses need a way to get the word out about their work. hope you’ll think about innovative advertising ideas for them too! or that you’ll continue to offer them editorial coverage with etsy finds type posts… many of us get tired of hearing about the well established brands ad nauseam and want to see things that are new and innovative too from brands that are less established.

• Reply dervla @ the curator June 13, 2014 at 10:53 pm

i love this idea of moving forward with less extraneous noise on a blog and only partnering with those who fulfill your mission … way to go! That Joss and Main partnership seems perfect for you.

• Reply {leah} June 13, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Beautiful inspiration pieces! I’ve definitely notices the mustard gold, soft oranges and blues as emerging color trends that I personally love.

• Reply Noemi June 14, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Very cute photos, I really like the one with all the frames and prints and all those ice-creams.

• Reply Kerry June 14, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Such an inspirational selection of photos! Can’t wait to see what comes in the sale :) time to save some pennies for the next few weeks!
    xx

• Reply Andrea June 15, 2014 at 5:20 am

Hey, I’m really enjoying the art in some of these photos. The big paintings in the ‘design files’ images….beautiful. Makes me want to get down into the studio to paint.

I like the idea of less adverts too. Lots of adverts can make blogs all seem so commercial.

• Reply mel June 16, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Hi Holly. I popped over to their site as I hadn’t heard of them before. Interesting concept and good on you for taking it up. I look forward to seeing it and wish you lots of success. Mel x

• Reply Mamta Bajaj June 17, 2014 at 7:35 am

Very Interesting concept and must say inspirational too. Idea of using white color in most of the designs gives it a sense of calmness, peace and refresh feeling.
    Mamta Bajaj