My Current Interior Inspirations

If you follow me on Pinterest, you may be curious as to why I’ve been madly pinning to my “Inspirations For Joss & Main” pinboard. Well… I’ve been selected to host a curated Joss & Main event on their site from July 8-15 and I’m feeding them imagery that inspires me at the moment, including colorways I’m really into, so that they can work their magic and pull together a sale full of items that decor8 readers will love. They’re using these images as their jumping off point…

448b319deb1122727bc4d2b5b88643f9 Skona Hem

I’ve not dome anything like this before so I’m curious to see how it goes. Also, the sale on their site in July will be a paid gig for me which helps with a new baby in the house plus I totally wanted to experiment a little with other revenue opps since I’m accepting less advertisers on decor8 because I want the best ads on my site going forward. I’ve grown tired of seeing billons of ads on blogs and I just want decor8 to have less than 10 at a time and eventually, my goal is to have less than 5 – then I can really hand pick them and work with my advertisers in creative ways. I’m branching out and moving things forward. Plus, I like to try new stuff and am open to partnering with companies that I believe in so I thought I’d give this Joss & Main thing a go-go. I honestly didn’t follow Joss & Main until they reached out to me, but after checking out their site and what they do, I think it could be a good partnership and since it’s only for a week I really have nothing to lose so why not? db5b271e99266821dcecb46dd93fa287 6c839ebbd991a61d5d3398ff6b9cd353 39fdec823f5b485841a29850c2a047de

Three above: the design files

d99a63a4e8f90919648b361c19b5b025

1b0aad74c563e363592309003a741f0f

the design files

ice-cream-12

design love fest

Fig-House-05

design love fest

Above are just some of my inspirations for Joss & Main. I thought they may inspire you too. To see more, visit my pinterest board HERE. (Images: linked above. Note: This post is NOT sponsored or paid for or anything sneaky.)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on June 12, 2014

1. Gina @ Oaxacaborn commented
    June 12th, 2014 at 4:59pm

I love the idea of having fewer advertisers — and working creatively with those companies.

And as always, your inspiration photos are spot on! Perfectly delightful.
    Gina @ Oaxacaborn´s last blog post ..POETRY & WORDS :: Patriotic Eagle Hawk-Birds who Invisibly yet Condescendingly Guard the Gate

2. Shazia Khan commented
    June 12th, 2014 at 7:00pm

please add me to your list! your work is amazing!

3. Tracy A. commented
    June 12th, 2014 at 7:08pm

Such pleasing colors, and so calming!
    Tracy A.´s last blog post ..“God must be a knitter.” ~ Judy V.

4. Debbie commented
    June 12th, 2014 at 11:41pm

Just checked out the J&M site and they have some great stuff. But is it based in the U.S.? If so, that puts it out of reach for me in NL. We have West Wing here, which is great but not as good as what I see here. Do you know of any other comparable sites for those of us living in Europe?

5. Margherita Arrighi commented
    June 13th, 2014 at 7:42am

I burst of joy locking at the wall with flowers in those little containers…!

6. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    June 13th, 2014 at 7:55am

Congratulations
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Artistic Collaborations

7. Handmade gb commented
    June 13th, 2014 at 8:55am

I love all the colours, so fresh. Your work is an inspiration
    Thanx x
    Handmade gb´s last blog post ..Bold and Beautiful Interiors

8. Lucy Chen commented
    June 13th, 2014 at 8:59am

I LOVE LOVE potted plants!
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..My First Landscape Painting – Painting Our Neighborhood

9. caroline @trend-daily commented
    June 13th, 2014 at 2:38pm

A great choice of boards for them Holly. I will check them out as I haven’t heard of them before but I’m sure they’ll be inspired by these too. Hope it goes really well :-)
    caroline @trend-daily´s last blog post ..artists highlight….

10. Lala commented
    June 13th, 2014 at 10:21pm

i think now more than ever indie designers and smaller businesses need a way to get the word out about their work. hope you’ll think about innovative advertising ideas for them too! or that you’ll continue to offer them editorial coverage with etsy finds type posts… many of us get tired of hearing about the well established brands ad nauseam and want to see things that are new and innovative too from brands that are less established.

11. dervla @ the curator commented
    June 13th, 2014 at 10:53pm

i love this idea of moving forward with less extraneous noise on a blog and only partnering with those who fulfill your mission … way to go! That Joss and Main partnership seems perfect for you.
    dervla @ the curator´s last blog post ..A New York trip: Storm King

12. {leah} commented
    June 13th, 2014 at 11:22pm

Beautiful inspiration pieces! I’ve definitely notices the mustard gold, soft oranges and blues as emerging color trends that I personally love.
    {leah}´s last blog post ..comfort vs growth

13. Noemi commented
    June 14th, 2014 at 3:45pm

Very cute photos, I really like the one with all the frames and prints and all those ice-creams.

14. Kerry commented
    June 14th, 2014 at 4:11pm

Such an inspirational selection of photos! Can’t wait to see what comes in the sale :) time to save some pennies for the next few weeks!
    xx
    Kerry´s last blog post ..Paper Crush at Great.Ly

15. Andrea commented
    June 15th, 2014 at 5:20am

Hey, I’m really enjoying the art in some of these photos. The big paintings in the ‘design files’ images….beautiful. Makes me want to get down into the studio to paint.

I like the idea of less adverts too. Lots of adverts can make blogs all seem so commercial.
    Andrea´s last blog post ..Friday Creative Roundup: On Saturday

16. mel commented
    June 16th, 2014 at 12:19pm

Hi Holly. I popped over to their site as I hadn’t heard of them before. Interesting concept and good on you for taking it up. I look forward to seeing it and wish you lots of success. Mel x
    mel´s last blog post ..The Voice of my Vignette

17. Mamta Bajaj commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 7:35am

Very Interesting concept and must say inspirational too. Idea of using white color in most of the designs gives it a sense of calmness, peace and refresh feeling.
    Mamta Bajaj
    Interior Designer

Mamta Bajaj´s last blog post ..Top Luxury Interior Designers in India – Futomic Designs

18. Marsya commented