Project: Gallery Walls of Wonderful Art!

Hello friends, was your weekend and father’s day a good one? I never enjoyed father’s day (my dad left when I was 17, got remarried and wanted nothing to do with me since his energy was with his “new” family – go figure)… But better late than never because I FINALLY enjoyed it for the first time in my life yesterday when we had a sweet family party at our home. It wasn’t father’s day here in Germany, but I still wanted to do a little something to somehow break the negativity I’d always felt to honor my husband, a brand new father – and it worked! We had guests! We ate cake! We enjoyed it! That was a pretty fantastic little dream come true. The negative father’s day ghost vanished for good and now there will be only joy on f’s day going forward. You have to break bad patterns, don’t you?

urbanoutfittersdecor8

Not sure if you follow me on Instagram but if you do, please check out my photos from our party and our happy little baby Aidan. I also posted photos from the fun outdoor markets that I attended this weekend along with a very special ring that I bought from jewelry designer Ilka Bruse.

SO! Let’s talk about gallery walls of wonderful art. First, it’s what I’m currently working on in my home. I have a few spots planned to create little galleries. Well, one will be quite extensive and most likely be in my office. That is the one that I’m working with Minted on. I can’t wait to show you what we’re doing! The other gallery wall will be centered around this print by Max Wanger from Framed and Matted.

For the Minted wall, I’m looking at this art as options if I go for a more natural look. Which I’m leaning towards. But I need shots of color… Because this feels a little weak.

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 6.21.24 PM

Maybe adding some of these to it could perk up the arrangement…

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 6.25.55 PM

And I know these don’t really relate, but I like them…

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 6.31.08 PM

Yet I feel something is missing… like I need some crazy cool contrast-y stuff t to mix things up and add a little heat. And for framing, I’m thinking to do most of them in white but add a few in color just for fun… I plan to mix in some of my original paintings from Jennifer Davis that I’ve been collecting for the past 8 years along with a few three dimensional objects too – like an old key that I love, a porcelain painting, a wee little painting by Lisa Occhipinti, etc. I think adding some typography would be good too – to add some variety – plus who doesn’t love a good quote? STRANGELY… I also want a few photographs – like fashion stuff. Maybe one of Kate Moss? That definitely can spice up the arrangement.

db57d7fb878473a381fa0fb432e1b7ac

So that’s what I’m up to on the decorating scene around here at the moment. Are you decorating in your home? If so, what are you up to? And do you have any art wall suggestions for me based on what I’ve shown above?

Have you seen my PHOTO ARRANGING BOARD, ART BOARD and WALLS BOARD on Pinterest. I totally do boards for projects I’m planning, don’t you? Obsessed.

(top image: urban outfitters, bottom: made by girl)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on June 16, 2014

1. Katja/ Neovia house commented
    June 16th, 2014 at 8:32pm

I am always decorating :)..right now I am working on a DIY bean bag – in a modern shape. It is also a recycling project, since I am using the stuffing from and old bean bag. The cover will be of natural coloured hemp fabric ( an ecological fibre). It will be a relaxed seating, and I am almost finished, just have to sew the cover. Picture here: http://www.neovias.blogspot.fi/2014/06/so-far-so-good.html
    Katja/ Neovia house´s last blog post ..So Far So Good…

2. Hannah commented
    June 16th, 2014 at 10:35pm

What a lovely post! Great to hear that you had a lovely Father’s Day :)
    We design and sell prints and cards and if it’s pops of colour you’re after then you might want to take a look. We also have lots of prints for children too. We’d love to send you some, if you’re interested just let me know :)

3. Jamie Werner commented
    June 16th, 2014 at 10:48pm

Love the brush stroke prints at the bottom. Where are they from?

4. Amy Lighthall commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 12:07am

I love all the art wall collections!! I think these prints from my shop would look nice with those collections. :)

5. Lucy Chen commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 9:42am

I your boards, Holly. They’re very inspiring. I need to learn more about flower arrangements and do the projects in Decorate with Flowers (which arrived in my mail a few weeks ago).
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..My First Landscape Painting – Painting Our Neighborhood

6. Katja commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 11:49am

Sorry, I totally forgot to mention about your inspiring boards on Pinterest, thanks for sharing them, I found a lot of ideas for future projects :)
    Gallery walls are so much fun, but there really is a lot of pondering about what to choose and how to place them.

7. Sandra commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 12:56pm

I always wanted to do my walls decorated with different printed images, but can’t seem to find time. My idea is to turn my blank wall (facing my dining room, which is sort of a walking through area to the living room) into area which you don’t just pass by when you want to get to the living room or kitchen. However, it seems to be an interesting idea to get my art and prints along with framed pictures. Maybe this is the right new project for me :)

8. decor8 commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 2:29pm

@Sandra – Sounds like a good plan Sandra and you can blog about it too, I’d love to see the end results!

9. decor8 commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 2:29pm

@Lucy – That is really great, I hope that you have fun and enjoy Decorate With Flowers. :)

10. decor8 commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 2:30pm

@Katja – Thank you!!!!

11. decor8 commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 2:30pm

@Jamie Werner – They are from MADE BY GIRL

12. Laura commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 3:06pm

Oh yes you definitely have to break bad patterns! So happy you get to start new, joyful traditions with your beautiful family.

I was just thinking the same thing this morning as I dusted around the broken pieces of the Berlin Wall that are on my mantel. Some things seem permanent, but bad stuff can be broken!

Lovely wall inspiration, thank you!

13. Susana commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 3:29pm

Una laminas muy bonitas y el valor que se añade en una pared al colocarlas en ella. Felicidades por tus ideas. Son fantásticas !!

14. SL commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 7:26pm

I cannot get enough of all these art pieces. The 2D, abstract, are those acrylic on canvas or watercolor? Either way, they are beautiful.
    SL´s last blog post ..Falsify My Lashes