Help Me Pick “The” Rug + Win It!

Hey gang! Want to win a rug? GOOD because this is your chance. Okay, so in addition to my art wall projects around the house, I’m working on window treatments and rugs – one for the entry and one for Aidan’s room to replace the lovely flokati rug that I talked about here. I need to act quickly though because the baby is 4 months old now and I can tell he will be crawling pretty soon! Then it’s zoom! zoom! zoom! all over his room. Recently Armadillo&Co posted on their Instagram that they would send ONE lucky person who comments on this IG photo a rug just for suggesting one for Aidan’s room. Isn’t that nice? So if you could do me a favor and help me pick a rug, then comment below AND on their IG photo here, that would be super great!  You have to comment in both places though to qualify.

Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 3.22.19 PM

So this is the deal. I will order a rug for Aidan’s room to replace the fabulous yet impractical flokati – I want the same size and shape (nothing round), just one that will work in his room and will be easy on his knees as he begins to move that little bod around. If you want to help me out, can you look over the Armadillo&Co website and see if you imagine any of those rugs for this space below? Remember, it will replace the flokati and be positioned in the exact same place.

nurserytourAT_photobyThorstenBecker_07

nurserytourAT_photobyThorstenBecker_06

The new rug will need to coordinate with the current scheme and blend nicely but definitely not steal the thunder away from the beautiful window and wallpaper (“Kite” by Ferm Living). The colors in the room are mint, goldenrod, white, gray, black… and some blue. The walls are pale mint (“Cabbage White” by Farrow & Ball). The gumball round felt rug will stay in front of the changing table so the new rug will need to coordinate with it. It is mint, gray, white, goldenrod and beige. You can see more photos of the nursery here.

Here are some stripe-y ones that I’m considering… They’re not too “baby” and can grow with him for years to come. But the colors are right. I’m thinking that MAYBE I can ask them if they’ll create one of these rugs in a mint stripe just for Aidan’s room? What do you think? The charcoal is too graphic/harsh for this space and the duck egg blue will make the mint walls look more blue and I don’t want that… Plus I never imagined a baby blue boy’s room and so I’m trying to do all I can to steer clear from that. But stripes are always nice…

rugs

Chevron is nice too… And I do have triangle patterns in the room so it could work… The two colors would need to be pretty close in tone though, not too contrast-y, because I don’t want it to be the focal point in the room… The good thing about the Chevron patterns is you can custom order. In this case, what two colorways would you go with for this space? I am imagining maybe sage and fog…

Chevron-2

Persia could be good too, but again, the colors would need to be very same-y so there isn’t a high contrast…

IMG_0995

What about Triangles? Not in this colorway but..

triangles

Maybe a Ribbon Multi Stripe? Again, not these colors… We are just looking at design and patterns for now…

CENT5047

Lots of people are telling me to just go with the big, round Dandelion Natural rug for this room. This would mean removing the felt ball rug from in front of the changing table and placing it in the corner in front of his closet (not shown). It is also great for little knees as I’m told it is soft and natural.

0045

Or I could go with the Marigold (which I love, but I wanted this one for my office!). But he is a BOY and he will have LEGOS and TRUCKS and stuff, will this open cut out pattern really be practical for a little growing boy? Or will I constantly be picking legos out of it when I vacuum? Or will he constantly be complaining because he cannot get his massive lego towers to stand on it without falling over? For this reason, the Dandelion above may be more practical. Plus Marigold does look a little feminine, don’t you think?

0049

OKAY so what are your thoughts? AND REMEMBER: To win a rug from Armadillo&Co you need to:

1// Comment on this IG photo with your rug suggestion for Aidan’s room.
2// Comment below on this post with your suggestion.

That’s it! But you’ll need to do both!

Contest ends when I choose a rug, which I’m thinking will be within the next two weeks so I’ll most likely close this contest on June 30.

THANK YOU EVERYONE and especially to Armadillo&Co for this amazing opportunity for a lucky reader!

(images: armadillo&co)

Posted by decor8 in contests on June 17, 2014

1. Emily commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 4:20pm

Dandelion rug! I love it!

2. Lauren Hawley commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 4:55pm

My vote is for the Latitude Collection Kilim Weave-Pilgrim in Granite/Fern/Ecru. The colors look perfect. The design is modern and not too busy. The shapes in the rug blend harmoniously with the kite shapes in your wallpaper.
    What a fun contest! Enjoy your decision process!
    Lauren Hawley´s last blog post ..Arizona – April Rhodes for Art Gallery

3. Megan commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 4:57pm

All of these rugs are gorgeous! I like the stripes, and I think your idea of asking them to create a mint stripe for his room is perfect! Stripes are classic and can easily stay with him as he gets older or move to another room in your home. I am all about versatility in investment pieces like rugs. I would love to win one for my living room!
    Megan´s last blog post ..Layered Orange Pomegranate Sangria

4. Hollie Baker commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 5:10pm

Your Flokati rug is absolutely beautiful, but not a good pair with baby drool! I think you should go with a classic stripe! That way it can be used later on in his ‘big boy’ room or even like you said in a guest bedroom. They can be used all around! Go with a Nest Weave Stripe, in neutrals, that way it is soft for the babies knees and It also wouldn’t take away from the rest of the room because of it’s classic, and neutral look.

Also, I love the little Totoro stuffed animal! So cute :)

5. Lea commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 5:26pm

Holly, I love stripes so I think anything in this direction would be awesome ;)

6. Anna commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 5:31pm

I love all rugs from Armadillo&Co and I am dreaming of Marigold for my new home. :) Anyway, since it’s a boy, go for the Dandelion.

7. chia commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 5:32pm

I really like the fluffy rug you had earlier and think a plain design would go well in the room, so as to not detract from the beautiful wallpaper and furniture! Really hard choice but I’m a fan of the Twine Weave in Turquoise or Granite/Charcoal, or the Rope Weave in Natural, or the Herringbone weave in Charcoal! All of them are made of wool, so I imagine it’s cozy for the baby and is grown-up enough to be used forever and in another spot in the house! Love these rugs :)
    chia´s last blog post ..Adventure Packlist

8. Catherine commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 5:35pm

I am voting for Persia in Ash and Fog. Love their rugs!!
    Catherine´s last blog post ..Hump Day Colour Inspiration

9. Hazel commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 6:02pm

I’m actually thinking Persia, I think any of the others would distract from the gorgeous wallpaper, the stripes and the chevron are too graphic and the Persia which I love is quite an attention seeker! So Persia for me wins in this space! Xx

10. Bunny commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 6:07pm

I vote for the Persia rug in light blue!

11. Vanessa commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 6:23pm

I vote for the stripes- the first you listed. I like the grey. It looks masculine for your little man- but still classic.

12. beka commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 6:24pm

i vote for the blue & white chevron!

13. Melyssa commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 6:37pm

The addition rug. Maybe fern on sage. Polenta on sage. Or ecru on polenta. Something playful but sweet while not overshadowing the wall paper.

14. Hannah C commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 6:46pm

I love the dandelion rug :) Thats my vote!
    Hannah C´s last blog post ..Brighton, CO

15. Isadora commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 7:10pm

Looking through your nursery transformation, I was disappointed to see that you covered up the chevron wood floor. On one hand, I would say the Crosscut rug because it mimics the pattern of the kites, but the pattern could get a little dominant. I think your best option would be the Chevron multi stripe and pick coordinating colors to go with your scheme. The chevron speaks to the diamond shape but won’t conflict. Have fun choosing the rug; it can sometimes be the most difficult part!

16. Lisa commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 7:10pm

I think stripes are totally the way to go!

17. Cassie commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 7:37pm

Triangles in a different colorway!

18. Ines commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 7:49pm

Loving the geometrics, especially the Triangles but the pattern may compete with the wallpaper… My vote is for stripes, chevron or a solid but if I were to pick one, it would be Ribbon Stripe! (in the right colourway)

As for the round guys, yes, Marigold would spell disaster as far as Lego adventures are concerned. Dandelion, on the other hand, might make for some awesome built-in Hot Wheels tracks ;-) And I love that they have Totoro sitting on it in the pic – such a wonderful movie! (“My neighbour Totoro”).

Can’t wait to see what you end up choosing!

~ Ines

19. decor8 commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 7:59pm

@Isadora – It was not a chevron wooden floor – it was 20+ year old plastic linoleum flooring with fake chevron wood pattern, severely scratched, torn, etc.

20. Bettina Trapp commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 8:26pm

No doubt: Chevron. Oh my it is amazing!!!

21. Ashleigh Hodges commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 8:26pm

Ooh — I see your dilemma. The rugs are all so beautiful! I like the Triangles in Gunmetal-Fog-Slate.
    Ashleigh Hodges´s last blog post ..Children's / Toddler's White Tshirt with French Phrase – Je t'aime bebe (I love you baby) by AshleighHodgesPhoto

22. Rebecca @ Sweet & Simple Life Blog commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 8:29pm

I like the dandelion rug myself. Although, it might be rough on little knees. If it is, I’d go with the stripe. :)
    Rebecca @ Sweet & Simple Life Blog´s last blog post ..Favorite Go-To Recipes

23. Elitsa Andreeva commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 8:30pm

I think that Ribbon Multi-Stripe in lime, fog and white will fit perfectly :)

24. Kelly O'Keefe commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 8:35pm

Stripes! In a neutral?

25. Ashley Davis commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 8:39pm

I like the Persia rug

26. Ulli commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 8:49pm

I would pick the chevron one – definitely!!
    Ulli´s last blog post ..{Schwangerschaft} Wochen 31-35 / {Pregnancy} weeks 31-35

27. Marianne commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 9:03pm

I like the fact that the current rug is neutral. I would go for that in a new rug. I like the earth collection, maybe the rope weave in natural (?) Even though I love the marigold I wouldn’t use it in a baby room. It is pretty rough (I think) for the tender skin of a baby.
    Marianne´s last blog post ..{ #100happydays }

28. Val commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 9:20pm

For a little boy, I love the triangles! However, I am now obsessed with Marigold!

29. Gail commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 9:27pm

I would go with Herringbone Weave – Limestone/Charcoal. The room is beautiful!

30. Terra commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 9:28pm

Love the herringbone rug in slate/ecru to keep things natural and light

31. Sabrina commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 9:29pm

I love the triangle pattern with his room! I think a colour combination of White, Grey, Mint and either Off White, Eggshell Blue or Gold would be perfect!
    Sabrina´s last blog post ..Hello Germany!

32. Tia commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 9:31pm

The Chevron Rug. It looks non-fussy but with enough pattern that it would be interesting for a young one to enjoy.

33. Danielle commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 9:45pm

Drift Weave in Natural/White or Herringbone Weave in Granite/Ecru. Understated, simple, elegant and wouldn’t detract from that gorge wallpaper!

34. Jill Shubel commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 9:51pm

The Herringbone Weave in Limestone/Charcoal. It’s wool, so soft and durable enough for baby. (The hemp is too rough for sweet baby knees!) The pattern classic, strong, and timeless.

35. Emily commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 9:53pm

As much as I ADORE the Dandelion and Marigold – I just imagine little yellow lego pieces wedged in-between those lovely awaited unsuspecting bare feet! My vote is the Persia in Sage and Fog – and if you do want a bit more contrast (and something reminiscent of the Chevron – yet pleasantly unique) throw in some white in-between the diamonds like they show on their samples :)

36. Ellen Moore commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 10:05pm

I would like stripes in 2 almost-the-same colors, probably leaning to mint and whatever is next to mint, like dark mint or light mint. It would be beautiful, and wouldn’t fight with the gorgeous wallpaper, etc.

I don’t think you will need to worry about a rug affecting the baby’s knees, as my kids could move faster on the floor, so they got off the rug as soon as they could. He might be a baby that can amuse himself and sit and play with a toy in one spot, but I think some babies like to explore and see what they haven’t yet seen. Whatever, enjoy these day with him and watch in awe as he grows and learns.

37. Christy Qualin commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 10:13pm

On the Instagram pic I suggested hexagon but then I realized it wouldn’t complement the wall paper. So now I’m thinking the chevron stripe might be better. It’s hard to tell from pictures. Definitely I would do a darker to neutral color no matter what cause kids’ rugs get dirty fast.

38. Dyan Llarenas commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 10:15pm

I vote Triangle in granite, walnut and oatmeal. I love the modern pattern but I don’t want to take away from the beautiful accent wall so chose light colors that I think complement the existing color scheme.

39. Julie commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 10:50pm

Go with the Dandelion!!! Stunning. And you’ll have to pick up legos from any rug…this one at least will help your boy develop his fine motor skills:)!

40. Kate commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 11:02pm

Persia in something neutral with lines of mint maybe. All neutrals would be nice, for just a hint of pattern.
    I love the dandelion, but it’s better for your office. He’s going to be crawling and playing with toys on the rug in his room. You want it to be soft of knees and smooth… Plus easy to clean.. And just think of all the roads and canals he can imagine with the Persia rug, toys boats and cars!

41. Deb Johns commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 11:09pm

Go with the Ribbon Multi Stripe Rug in a monochrome scheme (i.e. White, Walnut, Sage, Lichen). I see you have a smaller scale diagonal stripe on one of your throws in a totally different scale (take a page from current fashion which is showing contrasting stripes paired together). You already have a triangle pattern going on in another throw (scale is too similar), as well as on the little tee on your fox stuffed animal. The Persia would also work, but I’d go with the larger stripe. Can’t wait to see what you choose!!!

42. Emma Arendall commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 11:25pm

I love the Stratum weave/carnival stripe in the color pirate/eggshell/biscuit. I love that it’s classic and timeless but still whimsical!

43. Jane commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 11:35pm

Chevron, not too contrasting colours such as your sage and fog, but with a bright pop colour binding.

44. Jane commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 11:37pm

I didn’t mention – the lego and dandelion don’t seem like as good mix. I have three boys, lots of lego, and it gets everywhere. Also the Chevron has car tracks!

45. Elizabeth dalton commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 11:57pm

Dandelion ! Can’t wait to hear what you picked. I loved your nursery post and it introduced me to cabbage white colour by farrow and ball, I ended up painting my kitchen/living room in it! xox

46. AnnaW commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 11:58pm

I think the Herringbone Weave rug in Ecru/Granite would be perfect. The colours match your current scheme well by picking up the warm wood tones and white furniture. It won’t take away from the stunning wallpaper and you can keep the other gorgeous round rug in front of the change table. The herringbone weave adds texture and also matches other triangle patterns in the room. This rug is also perfect as Aidan gets older, or you could use it in any room.

47. Laura commented
    June 17th, 2014 at 11:59pm

Dandelion!

48. Millie commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 12:12am

I think the mint stripe for his room would look lovely if you could get that made! Still keeps within the colour theme and practical for him to play on :)
    I really like this pebble weave http://armadillo-co.com/item/pebble-weave/ in pebble limestone but not sure on soft ness of the rug etc?
    Good luck deciding :D
    Nursery is lovely btw!
    Millie x

49. Allison commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 12:19am

I think the ribbon multi-stripe would work great and be versatile enough to be used as he gets older.

50. Martina commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 12:25am

Hi, by looking at the picture of the room i would go for a simple rug. I you choose a simple rug you don’t have to worry that it dominates too much. My favourite is the first one with the stripes. Stripes are always fine and timeless. And when he gets older it would still fit in his room or you can use the rug for another place.
    It would be nice in the color of the armchair, i would look for grey or mint.
    Whatever you choose, you don’t have to worry, i’m sure your baby boy will like whatever you pick out for his room ;)
    Best luck and wishes

51. Hollightly commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 12:25am

Hi Holly, what a lovely challenge and chance to get to know this beautiful conscious Rug-Label. Normally, I’m not into Blog challenges, but this is a Eco-Label and because of writing about green lifestyle in my blog, I had to be part of this.

Love your little boys room, it’s so cute and adorable. The same is little Aidan too!

I would take Casablanca, because it’s funky and classy at the same time. So he will love it as a kid and love it hopefully as a teenager too. Love the colors “Fog” and “Sage”. Guess they would be in perfect harmony with the colors of Aidans room.

Wish you good luck for your decision, but I’m very sure, that Aidan will grow up in a beautiful and sweet kids room. whatever your decision will be.

Sending Greetings,

Petra

52. Michelle commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 12:39am

I would get one with stripes or a chevron pattern – kids like a rug with “roads”, and they won’t be outgrown due to age, just his own taste!

53. Sarah Jones commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 12:55am

Hi Holly,
    What a lovely room your Aiden has! Looking at the rugs I think I like the triangles, but deffinately in another colourway. Sage,white,grey and mint. The daisy rugs are lovely too but I don’t think it would complement the room as well as something graphic.

54. Chloe commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 1:14am

I’m currently studying Interior Design, and I personally would choose the Persia with Ash, Fog, or White as the main color and Wattle as the accent color.

55. Steph Bond-Hutkin | Bondville commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 2:08am

For sure Flower Weave Dandelion in natural. It won’t steal the scene but has enough interest to draw your eye. It’s a great design for a boy and you will be able to repurpose it elsewhere in the house at any stage. The hemp is soft and long-lasting. I think this one is a real winner.
    Steph Bond-Hutkin | Bondville´s last blog post ..Polli sale up to 80% off jewellery and accessories

56. Chris commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 2:37am

I like the Persia in peacock. Love the color!

57. Roseanna commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 3:10am

I vote for the chevron in sage and fog!

I am roe5 on instagram
    Roseanna´s last blog post ..On my Work table…

58. Catherine commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 3:39am

I vote for the ribbon multi stripe in a very neutral pallet. The shapes echo the wall discreetly and I “here here” the comment about the marigold (although beautiful) rug being hard on the knees- not so practical once he starts crawling.

59. Melissa commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 4:11am

I’d go with Zanzibar in the lighter, natural colors (granite, ecru, oatmeal…) or the Masai in natural/granite. Both would work well in the space now and grow well with your son. So many beautiful rugs!

60. Clara Field commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 4:26am

Triangles is awesome for a fun graphic pop!

61. Ilana B. commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 4:40am

Love the graphic visual impact of the Triangles rug!

62. sangeetha commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 4:48am

I like the Serengeti Weave – neutral color, timeless pattern – would suit the color scheme of the room as well

63. Efrat commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 6:15am

The Marigold. Beautiful!

64. Emily Burn commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 6:43am

Hi there,
    Your gorgeous baby boys room is just stunning and you’ve narrowed down the choices of a gorgeous Armadillo & co rug down beautifully. My pick would be the lovely stripe rug in mint, as it’s a classic pattern which would also suit the space as he grows and it also works with the gorgeous existing colour scheme. Good luck with your choice! I would love an A&co rug in my lounge! X

65. Bonnie commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 7:03am

The daisy rug is so fun! My vote is for that one.

66. sanne commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 7:40am

Hi there, I would go for Persia in walnut/ ecru or in the colour of the lamp shade on the changing table combined with a complementing colour. Matching the arm chair. I think of harmony in the room and the furniture and rugs are best advised to take themselves back and allow the user bring in his creativity step by step. If your son will be on the floor with his cars as often as my son is and was more so the last years (he is 7 now) a rug with pattern- tracks and little compartments will provide for great play. I like the Chevron as well but in your nursery it might go in competition with the gorgeous wallpaper unless you use similar colour like you suggested but then sort of think you take a lot away from a Chevron- isn’t his beauty the contrasting colours. A boys room needs a rug that can take a lot and isn’t difficult to clean.
    Good luck and I can’t wait to hear your decision.

67. Alisa commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 8:51am

I think for my kids the rug was a creative, imaginative space to play on. Regardless of the design, there was always a section that was “the water” and another that was “home” and for my son even a section for “jail” where he stored the bad guys when he played with playmobil police. I just showed the pictures to my 9 year-old daughter, who loves decorating and design, and she thinks Persia in colors that match his room would do both: 1) Look good for the adults 2) Be fun for kids because Aiden could use the wavy lines to drives cars and use sections for different areas. Although she likes the stripes, she said it might be a tad boring, since his cars could only go back and forth. Chevron is cool but too busy in his room.

68. Mimi commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 11:04am

This is kind of tough… I would say go with Stratum Weave Carnival stripe in Sky/ Eggshell /Buttercup… stripes go with anything! ALthough I also really like the junior collection natural flower weave Daisy, Kids love bright colors.

69. Suzanne commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 11:07am

Hi! You have such great taste, what a decision to choose from these beauties! ;) I don’t normally do this type of thing but I’ve just bought my first house and obsessing over a rug for my somewhat small lounge atm, and good quality rugs are soo expensive. I too don’t want it to be the only thing you focus on when you enter the space. For your wee man’s nursery I love the Persia rug, the background as a soft grey and the ribbon pattern a soft mint to pick the wallpaper. Gorg!

70. Esther commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 12:35pm

I love the chevron rug – I would do it in a light colorway – cream and white or cream and tan. That way the wall color will not ever be an issue. I also think it would coordinate with existing rug and add to the overall relaxed feeling of the room.

71. Emily commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 2:13pm

Definitely the nest weave awning stripe in celadon/natural, it would go beautifully with the colours in the room, not baby-ish so would grow with Aiden and looks like it would age well with boys rough and tumble playtime.

72. Janelle@awhitefarm commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 2:53pm

How’s about the Twine weave in graphite/charcoal? Still quite light and bright but with a little pattern for interest…and safety against any future little accidents, spills etc!??! Looks quite soft for cute little knees too…very important!! Honestly though, you cannot go wrong with whatever you choose…I adore every one of their gorgeous rugs!! :))
    Janelle@awhitefarm´s last blog post ..Lately…….

73. Deepa commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 3:25pm

My vote goes to the Dandelion in Natural: classic, neutral and perfect! I can just imagine him racing little toy cars round and round the “tracks” formed by the circular weave. If he outgrows it, it will be easy to move to any other room in the house!
    Deepa´s last blog post ..Happy Father’s Day!

74. lynne commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 4:02pm

persia in white and grey! that’s what I think!

75. claire commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 4:07pm

I vote for the Killim Weave Pilgrim in Granite/Fern/Ecru :)
    (ps: now I feel like buying a new rug *or several*!)

76. Jennifer commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 5:02pm

I love the Pinwheel Braid weave in Wasabi/Natural. I know you wanted a square rug but I think this would look great in your nursery and add a subtle pop of color. It is practical and stylish and could easily be used in another part of the house. Good luck deciding, there are so many beautiful designs and colors to choose from! Thankyou for embracing and supporting so many great Australian designers

77. Sarah commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 5:06pm

absolutely love the marigold rug but I think the chevron and triangle rugs are more practical for a growing boy…plus the patterns are so cute!

78. Meegan commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 5:22pm

I love the Dandelion rug so much! But if you are worried about legos and other little items in the catch all area I would go with the Chevron!
    Meegan´s last blog post ..Protect Yo Self

79. Jessica w commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 5:43pm

I like the triangle rug the best

80. Lynne Pearce commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 5:57pm

I would go with the Masai in natural/granite. It looks soft for little hands and knees, it has a nice pattern without being too busy, and the neutral color palette with blend nicely without taking over the space. It will also be able to transition well into a big boy room.
    Lynne Pearce´s last blog post ..TGIF – Mother’s Day Flowers

81. marika commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 7:09pm

I think the triangle rug!

82. bora commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 7:44pm

My first choice would be the Braid Weave Pinwheel in Natural/Canary, but I am a little bit unsure of how well a round rug would go in your space. My second choice would be the Sandrift in Skylark. All of these of course with the caveats that they would need to be soft under little feet.

83. Karoline commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 8:42pm

I’m thinking I’d go with a rectangular shape and a pattern that isn’t too geometrical. Meadow perhaps, or Zanzibar in Sage or White. I really like how the current rug adds texture and softness without drawing too much attention to itself. Can’t wait to see how it looks with whatever you choose!

84. Marianne commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 9:13pm

I like the triangles, even in those colors. It would bring some more color into the room and the gold would somehow match, without being too matchy matchy.

85. Corinne commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 10:12pm

Armadillo’s rug are beautiful. I would suggest keeping away from mint or blues in the rug in order not to compete with the wallpaper. The Triangle rug would look geat in Aidan’s room in polenta, ecru, fog and shale (the colors are difficult to choose on their palette but shale looks more like the teddy bear brown of the WP than lentil).
    I hope this input helps and that you will find the perfect fit for Aidan’s room.
    Corinne
    Corinne´s last blog post ..La Villa Verte

86. Tiffany commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 10:32pm

I think the Pilgrim – Polenta/Fog/Slate would look amazing in this nursery – it ties in all the colours and modern vibe so nicely! If that is a little too bold, the Herringbone Weave – Limestone/Charcoal would also be lovely and because it is neutral, could work nicely in other areas of the home as the space evolves. Thanks for a great giveaway!

87. Laura commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 10:40pm

For a rug that could grow with him, or be repurposed for you, I think their Persia pattern offers a bit of whimsy and fun. In neutrals, I suspect it would not overpower any other elements of the room. The dandelion and marigold naturals are awesome too, and would definitely give him a more unusual surface to practice his steps on… but I’d worry (like you) about the clean-up implications once small objects are in the picture.

88. Silje commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 10:46pm

I love the Hexagon which could work for the color scheme in sunflower, black and slate. It would relate to the yellows in the ball rug, on pillows, in stuffed animals/dolls/artwork whereas it wouls relate to the greys in patterns of throws and pillows, and the black in the wallpaper. Also the Hexagon with its roundish pattern would perhaps “speak the same language” as the ball rug to larger extent than would stripes or chevron patterns? Same, but different?

They really do have so many gorgeous styles, any of them will probably be a gem in the room!

89. Gildthepanda commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 11:18pm

I think the triangle rug would work best for the space.

It provides an interesting pattern that doesn’t compete with the wallpaper, it won’t overwhelm the room with lines (striped rug right next to a crib), and most importantly it won’t trap small toys as you son gets older.

90. Shannen commented
    June 18th, 2014 at 11:28pm

Addition in Gunmetal – the gunmetal colour will compliment and pull the best out of all the current colours in the room

91. Molly commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 12:16am

Nest weave, awning stripe, charcoal.

92. Anh commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 1:14am

I would go with the triangles!

93. Nancy Rempel commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 2:56am

Holly, I did spend a lot of time thinking about this room and looked at all the different rugs available. My favourite would be Persia in a sage and the pattern in a white. I see you have the same triangle in your wallpaper and I think this will help the window pop even more!

94. Youngmi commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 3:14am

I like the stripes! It’s a fun but subtle pattern and you definitely don’t want to a rug that will steal attention away from that amazing wallpaper!

95. Jolene commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 5:06am

These are all gorgeous rugs and I can see why it’s hard to choose! I would stick with a classic stripe – maybe a Ribbon Stripe in oatmeal and polenta to pick up the accent colour in the wallpaper and the natural finish of the floor. Good luck with your choice!
    Jolene´s last blog post ..Small spaces: Textures in Antwerp

96. Jill commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 5:35am

I like the gray and beige stripe rug best. I believe this is the one you called duck egg blue. From what I can see in the photos, it would coordinate well with the chair and not compete with your wallpaper. I think the mint would be too predictable; the gray and beige would be perfect and will transition better to a big boy space than the mint.
    Jill´s last blog post ..Pink Miltonia Orchids in Watercolor

97. Lauren commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 7:21am

Either the triangles in some sort of minty color scheme, or the Kilim Weave in Nomad- the pattern is so fun, I just love it. Not sure about the colors for that one though…

98. Melissa commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 8:16am

Ribbon multi strip in random sage, fog, ash, white and polenta. Lovely!

99. Jub commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 11:00am

If you want the rug to stay as he grows, you must find something on which little figures shall stay straight when he will play, something to allow cars to roll, etc.

You will have to see the rugs very close to see if it will sue.

Loveliness is one thing for the parents, but usefullness is better for the child.

100. Chanelle commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 1:23pm

I love Armadillo Rugs! I’ve been coveting one for my new daughter’s room. I would choose the Ribbon Multi-Stripe, and pick up on the colours in the room. Sage, Cornflower, Wattle, White, & Skylark. Still soft with just a bit of punch, and not to blue. Good luck choosing :)

101. Basmati commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 2:34pm

I would go with Persia, lovely pattern and not everywhere at the moment like the Chevron
    Basmati´s last blog post ..Ramadan Meal Planner

102. Emily R commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 2:40pm

I love the Ribbon Multi-Stripe carpet. That is the one that will grow with him and you won’t have the Lego issue you will with the natural rug. Trust me, I live with little Legos underfoot every day and have seen how they settle and get stuck.

103. Daria Mircea commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 3:11pm

There are so many great choices, for instance I was instantly drawn to match your color scheme to the Nomad Fern Multi-Colour or the Chevron Multi Stripe, but as you said you don’t want the rug to be the show stealer, I would go for the Ribbon Multi Stripe with a mix of soft tones like White, Ecru, Fog, Skylark, Polenta, Sage… it’s definitely more interesting than a two-tone combo, but still restrained enough, in my opinion.
    Looking forward to see what you pick! :)
    Daria Mircea´s last blog post ..DIY – tavan drapat

104. Benedetta commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 3:42pm

Marigold for sure !

105. Angela Creek commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 4:25pm

I love the stripes. I agree the charcoal is too harsh, but what about a lighter gray, or blue or goldenrod? I’m afraid as an older boy mint would not work into the color palette, where a more neutral color would. I do love the dandelion, but not sure the texture would be nice for any toys he would try to play with on it. Some of the other prints you chose while they are lovely, I think they are a bit feminine. The chevron I think will date itself too quickly. Anyway, good luck! What a lovely room, love the color palette.

106. Katy commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 5:05pm

I think neutral and/or dark colors, in a subtle pattern will compliment the wallpaper and floors. For something very neutral, I love the dandelion, but I think a bit of a dark color will actually draw the eye up toward the dark color on the wallpaper, making the wall pop. I love the softer stripe of the river weave-ticking, but the indigo color seems too light? The charcoal color of the nest weave-awning stripe seems better. While I love some of the more geometric patterns, I think they’d take away from the beautiful patterns you already have in this room, whereas I think a simple contrasting stripe would enhance them.
    My other vote is the herringbone weave…the pattern is so subtle, and I think the hint of dark color in the limestone/charcoal would be really lovely, in this space! And something so neutral, like the herringbone will go with so many different looks, should you ever decide to use it in another space.
    I’m sure whatever you choose will look wonderful!

107. Lenay commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 5:06pm

I love the nursery! Here’s my pick: Pilgrim – Granite/Fern/Ecru. I just think it’s so cute for a boy’s room and the pattern can last a while for him and even longer for you if you want to rearrange! Can’t wait to see the result!

108. Christa commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 5:19pm

I really like the Triangles (maybe with Black and Polenta or Grey). It is fun and vibrant. The stripes with black and tan is nice too. I can imagine my little boy using the rug as a road when he gets a little older.

109. Fanni commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 5:53pm

I would love the mint stripes one. I agree that any blue colour transfer the wallpaper blue-ish, but it is mint :)

110. Elaina commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 5:57pm

I think either the Nest Weave Stripe in neutral tones although that hemp might not be that comfortable on little knees. If you wanted to go with wool, I think the Ribbon Stripe in oatmeal and polenta would look brilliant.

111. Julie commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 6:43pm

I think the marigold is more feminine; I vote for the Dandelion!

112. julie commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 7:17pm

I actually LOVE pinwheel in wasabi – it’s like a color that doubles as a neutral.

113. johannarundel commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 8:00pm

I love all of the Armadillo&Co Rugs! For your little boys room I would suggest this one http://armadillo-co.com/item/crosscut/ but if it would be for my six year old I would choose the exact yellowish triangled one you showed us in your post ;-)
    johannarundel´s last blog post ..Easypeasy Strohhalmgirlande

114. Virginia W commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 8:17pm

First off, what a beautiful room! He is one lucky little guy!

As far as rugs go…

I’d say either the Kilim Weave- Pilgrim in Granite/Fern/Ecru ( http://armadillo-co.com/item/kilim-weave-pilgrim/ )

or

the Masai Weave in Natural/Granite ( seen @ http://armadillo-co.com/item/masai-weave/ ) .

They both have diamonds in the pattern that will mirror and enhance the kites in the (absolutely precious) wallpaper you chose.

I think the Kilim rug color combination will play up the lovely green in the room, while the Masai’s neutral color will be able to transition through the next few room re-decorations as your child grows older.

115. Blitta commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 8:19pm

I would pick a grey and classy one for a baby boy’s room – and as I am searching for one too, that’s my REAL choice! Ok, for a baby girl… But nevertheless: http://armadillo-co.com/item/herringbone-weave/ The kid can grow up with this rug loving it as playground as well as part of the fashion/furniture around hin for years! Wool is a great bio-product and you cannot see be upset with such a classy colour which suits every other brighter colour as well…

116. Sian commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 9:59pm

I would go the stripe or Persia rug in a mint green or even a charcoal grey to go with your colour scheme. Both would look gorgeous and they are a little bit more original than say the chevron which we see a lot of. It won’t detract either from your gorgeous feature wall and you get to keep your gorgeous felt ball rug where it is. Also both designs can be used once your little boy is a bit older. Good luck choosing!

117. nayana iliffe commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 10:24pm

So, your room is gorgeous and you don’t want anything to compete with that. The flokati looks amazing and lets the room be what it is…fabulous, so you need something similar. If you want something the same size i would go for the Rope weave in natural. It will not compete, looks practical for a bub and soft and gentle.
    I also love the Flower weave Dandelion. I looked at this rug for a long time also. Not as practical, the lego will drive you crazy but It does look amazing.

118. Johanne commented
    June 19th, 2014 at 11:59pm

So many choices…. I’m going for chevron in sage and white. Good luck!
    Johanne´s last blog post ..Farmhouse tour.

119. Stephanie Buckle commented
    June 20th, 2014 at 12:46am

I am obsessed with the dandelion rug! It would work in any room, is a good size and a great shape to round off any edges in the room. The colour is a lovely neutral and is not too girly. I think it would smashing in this room!

120. Christa commented
    June 20th, 2014 at 3:30am

I thought more about it and the Ribbon Multi-Stripe is really amazing. I love that you can put a fantastic palette together. It makes it even more special.

121. Natalie C commented
    June 20th, 2014 at 4:48am

Loving the chevron

122. Emily Burn commented
    June 20th, 2014 at 6:10am

Oh I didn’t realise that the Nest weave awning stripe in mint would have to be a custom made order for you, my next choice if you aren’t able to get that would be the gorgeous Dandelion (my personal fave). It’s neutral colour and pattern would not compete with the other gorgeous elements of Aidan’s room. What a lucky little man! X

123. Jo-Ann Kevala commented
    June 20th, 2014 at 6:16am

love love the Chevron rug! My second choice would be the Dandelion!

\

124. Nicole commented
    June 20th, 2014 at 6:43am

Hi! I think the Ribbon Multi-Stripe in slate, cumin, and white would be nice :)

125. Donni commented
    June 20th, 2014 at 8:08pm

Hi,
    I don’t have an instagram so I hope a comment here will be enough.

I’d go with the shag rug – LOVE it!!
    xo Donni
    Donni´s last blog post ..52 Weeks in Nature : Week 24 & 25

126. Pepper von heimatbaum commented
    June 20th, 2014 at 8:35pm

I´d pick the Chevron.
    The flokati is so fluffy! It looks amazing! But you´re right, it´s not the best rug for a baby. We have the same problem here.

127. Dominique commented
    June 20th, 2014 at 10:30pm

Nest weave in Celadon/Natural

128. Sally commented
    June 21st, 2014 at 6:57am

I think the Hexagon would look really good in Aiden’s room. And I think the colours fern, papaya, walnut and ecru would look really great with your Ferm wallpaper!

129. Elizabeth G. commented
    June 21st, 2014 at 1:02pm

Triangles!

130. Anna Pry commented
    June 22nd, 2014 at 1:36am

I like the stripes if you can do mint, otherwise i’d go with the dandelion round rug
    pryfamily5 [at] gmail [dot] com

131. Marketdecor commented
    June 22nd, 2014 at 4:55am

Hi, Love your blog for years! Such a sweet baby! With a little one, the rug has to be soft, so I think definitely wool ! I adore the wallpaper in here by the way. You know, I am feeling the something in the Latitude Collection – one of the kilim styles but the colorway is a challenge here. Ivory, the Mint color…what else???

132. Tina T commented
    June 22nd, 2014 at 4:58am

Love the blue and beige striped one! Perfect!

133. alison commented
    June 22nd, 2014 at 5:38am

Herringbone Weave in Limestone from Earth Collection gets my vote. Because it brings in a natural element to the the whimsical room, blends in, doesn’t distract from your adorable decorating.

134. Grootkapje commented
    June 22nd, 2014 at 9:59am

Hi Holly! First of all, thanks (to both you and Armadillo) for the great giveaway! I compared the images of the room with the rugs. Since you have some golden touchen in the room already, I’d most likely go for the Stratum Weave rug, Carnival Stripe in the colour sky/eggshell/buttercup. It has beautiful yellow edges/rim, and could see it suit a bigger boys room too. Not too toned down, not too bright or distracting. Just right! Will comment with the same suggestion using my instagram account @grootkapje. Thanks :)
    Grootkapje´s last blog post ..ABC 001

135. Jennifer Ashley commented
    June 22nd, 2014 at 11:58pm

I love the marigold rug! It’s simple but still has amazing detail :)
    Jennifer Ashley´s last blog post ..Our Wedding (part 2)

136. Holly B commented
    June 23rd, 2014 at 12:02am

Go with the wonderful Addition rug! The modern print is great, and the pattern is perfect for driving toy cars on ;)

Holly B´s last blog post ..That Time in the 50s when Dior Models Paraded through Moscow…and got the Stink Eye from Russian Women

137. Danielle commented
    June 23rd, 2014 at 4:16am

I love the marigold! (Commented on ig also – great giveaway!)

138. suzy commented
    June 23rd, 2014 at 11:02am

a couple of braid weave – pinwheels (wasabi/natural) would look good (tho that wasn’t one of yr choices eek). so, if going from what options you choose i would def go the stripe (mint and natural). would look great in that wonderful little space you have created :)

139. Lmama (Jana) commented
    June 23rd, 2014 at 4:49pm

New Zeland wool is not only stylish and never unfashionablebut also comfortable for babies that are about to start crawling or toddlers! It is easy to maintain and comfortable to sit/lay/walk on with bare feet. Therefore, for A’s room, I would definitely recommend the carpet from Designer Collection called Chevron in the Lime/Sage combination: perfectly matching his stylish Ferm Living wallpaper and gumball round carpet.
    Greetings aus Wien!

140. Heather commented
    June 23rd, 2014 at 6:49pm

With the wallpaper on your one wall, I think the triangles would look lovely. I’d choose coal, ash, fog, and oatmeal (similar to the photo here: http://cdn.armadillo-co.com/assets/IMG_7117-Version-2.jpeg).

141. Wendy commented
    June 23rd, 2014 at 7:59pm

OK, I think the multi stripe could be wonderful! The rugs at Armadillo&Co are all great, but I think the triangles and other patterns could fight with your lovely patterned wallpaper. The stripe could grow with him, you could go either with your color way of the decor, or just use one of your colors and keep the stripe really neutral for room changes as he grows. I do like the natural dandelion rug as well, as it could blend with your goldenrod color. But I think the larger rectangular stripe rug would fill the space better. Good luck! They are all good choices!

142. Francine from Callaloo Soup commented
    June 23rd, 2014 at 8:12pm

The Persia really spoke to me! it seems like a rug that could really grow with him. In fact now I am imagining myself designing a new room for my son around it/
    Francine from Callaloo Soup´s last blog post ..Easy DIY Photo Backdrop

143. Hannah Cornforth commented
    June 24th, 2014 at 5:58am

Go for the Triangles or the Dandelion Natural!! I can’t choose between them – they’re both stunning.

144. Mimmi commented
    June 24th, 2014 at 8:36pm

I would suggest the Band Multi-Stripe Rug in white/fog/ash with one stripe of wattle (yellow) on the first third of the rug. You could also have the rug made a little longer and have the felt-ball rug overlap. Aidan could later line up his little toy cars on the stripes… :).

145. Immi Cro commented
    June 25th, 2014 at 4:25pm

My proposal would be the CROSSCUT in WHITE/ECRU (main colour), FOG and OCHRE/WALNUT; with the line pattern running parallel to bed and shelf to enhance the spaciousness of Aiden’s room. The chevron pattern and stripes are classics and have been proven great many times. I feel they have been seen a lot though, so the Crosscut in custom colours might be a fresh if still classic option. happy choosing!:)

146. Victoria commented
    June 28th, 2014 at 4:03am

Dandelion Natural is the way to go. I’ve seen this rug in person in Australia (where I live) and it’s gorgeous! It would work well with the color palette in Aiden’s room but could also be used elsewhere in the house if you decide to redecorate (which I’m sure will happen sometime!) I have a son about one year older than Aiden and I’d love something like this in his room. It’s decorative but soft and simple. I agree that the Marigold is lovely too, but I think it’s a little too busy for a child’s room. The soft organic circles of the Danelion are more classic.
    Even though it would mean moving the felt ball rug, I think it’s a winner. Besides, accidents happen (particularly messy ones near change tables!!) and you wouldn’t want to ruin the felt ball rug. Once he’s up and moving, he would probably really like the touch and texture of it in another play space. Good luck with your decision.

147. Victoria commented
    June 28th, 2014 at 4:05am

Dandelion Natural is the way to go. I’ve seen this rug in person in Australia (where I live) and it’s gorgeous! It would work well with the color palette in Aidan’s room but could also be used elsewhere in the house if you decide to redecorate (which I’m sure will happen sometime!) I have a son about one year older than Aidan and I’d love something like this in his room. It’s decorative but soft and simple. I agree that the Marigold is lovely too, but I think it’s a little too busy for a child’s room. The soft organic circles of the Danelion are more classic.

148. Hande commented
    June 28th, 2014 at 8:21am

I love the Ribbon Multi-Stripe! Would look great in the colors of the room.

149. Yvonne commented
    June 28th, 2014 at 5:59pm

I would go for the Marigold or Dandelion Natural Rugs – Love them!!

150. Samya commented
    June 28th, 2014 at 10:31pm

I love the triangles rug!

151. Virginia Roberts commented
    June 29th, 2014 at 7:26pm

As I said on Instagram, I think the Ribbon Multi Stripe is the perfect choice. Multiple stripe colors means you can perfectly tie in all the other elements in the room in a very designed-looking way that pleases grown-up eyes; yet the pattern with more colors is still fun and playful without being overly childish or trendy. So it will grow with him over time and can potentially be used in other spaces too someday. The 7th photo in the slider, of the men holding up a blue and green and gray toned rug, is what I’m thinking in terms of contrast and saturation, so you can pick something soft that doesn’t overpower all the other adorable elements in the room. Good luck! :)
    Virginia Roberts´s last blog post ..My online dating photo toolkit

152. Angela commented
    July 7th, 2014 at 4:32am

dandelion all the way!

153. Virginia Mason commented
    July 8th, 2014 at 6:24am

The Dandelion Natural rug would be my choice. It ties in beautifully with your child’s colour scheme and won’t distract from the gorgeous wall paper. I also like to choose items that will grow with the child or I can place in other room’s too (so you could use it in your office later on). These rugs are lovely to sit on and if your children are like mine cars and trucks/Lego have a way of driving every where!