uncategorized

Liberty Heritage Fabrics

June 26, 2014

You know how something comes out and you’re like, “Oh yeah, I want that NOW”, but then you think that maybe you should wait a bit because it’s expensive and you fear that in 6-12 months time you just won’t be into it the same. And then you wait and you’re all like, “Yeah I still love it” (6 months later), or “What, huh? Oh yeah, that… Sooo NOT interesting anymore”. Well when it comes to Liberty Fabrics for sewing, I’ve always had a mega love affair. Their interiors fabrics though, particularly those out since last Fall, I wasn’t so sure I’d be into them down the road. But yeah, I’m still positively smitten by Liberty Heritage Fabrics for interiors, particularly the Jubilee and Nesfield collection, so I have to share a few fave looks below with you today. Just look at these rich, moody and well, decadent fabrics (there is wallpaper too! Swoon!). I’d love to work on an interiors project incorporating these beauties. Perhaps my own home? I have some ideas…

Liberty Heritage Fabrics

Liberty Heritage Fabrics

Liberty Heritage Fabrics

Liberty Heritage Fabrics

Liberty Heritage Fabrics

These prints (especially the photo of the cushion on the white chair above) makes me want to make seat cushions for my white Eames Eiffel chairs for my dining room, and to trim out some linen drapes for my living room, and yes, to maybe make roman blinds (or have them made) for our bedroom. That would be super lux. Now to just find a huge wad of cash laying around so I can throw my money into these projects because the fabric alone would be an investment. And I have an object of desire long on my list: a cozy chair covered in Liberty fabric. Would that not be truly grand? Perhaps once Aidan is older and can understand that no, he cannot jump on mommy’s sacred most holy chair.

Aren’t these prints just the cat’s meoooooow though? Oh my god yes. YES! YES! I’m feeling a Meg Ryan/When Harry Met Sally moment coming on here…

(images: liberty london)

You Might Also Like

23 Comments

• Reply Jenna Pizzigati-Coppola June 26, 2014 at 10:33 pm

I’m in LOVE- absolutely divine!!

Thanks for sharing,
    Jenna

• Reply Lara Courteney June 26, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Heritage fabrics but timeless and contemporary at the same time! Love them!

• Reply Candice@NotesFromABroad June 27, 2014 at 1:22 am

The first photo, the sofa … and the cushions in the chairs .. I want them ! :)

• Reply karen robinson June 27, 2014 at 5:18 am

These are drop dead gorgeous. I especially love the green sunflowers. beautiful. k

• Reply Katja June 27, 2014 at 8:33 am

Fascinating patterns! The blue and white print on the white tulip chairs works really well – combining two contrasting worlds into something very pleasing to look at :).

• Reply Polly Rowan June 27, 2014 at 9:13 am

LIberty fabric never gets old! I love the idea of a colourful patterned statement chair in their fabric.

• Reply Mnêmosunê June 27, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Third proto is my favorite, these pattens are gorgeous !

• Reply Dina June 27, 2014 at 3:13 pm

I’ve often wondered where one might be able to get Liberty print wall paper and shelving paper. Any ideas?

• Reply Kinga June 27, 2014 at 4:02 pm

OMG. That high-back chair in that fabric is to die for. This is the first I’m hearing of this company…need to buy some fabric for our new house! Lovely! Thanks!

• Reply jessica June 27, 2014 at 5:45 pm

these prints are absolutely beautiful on these pieces – such a great way to tie in a room! i love the contrast of the chair with the blue brick wall + green curtain. our designer at red uses prints as the focal point in a room in clients homes from time to time – these are great.

• Reply Kl June 28, 2014 at 2:20 am

I love these fabrics, and think they are timeless which is what you want if investing in beautiful fabric for expensive upholstery. The lounge in the first picture is absolutely divine!

• Reply Jill June 29, 2014 at 7:30 pm

I actually don’t like any of them. Way too busy. Muddy colors. Totally not feeling their fabrics.

• Reply Meghan @ Wishful Thinking June 30, 2014 at 11:14 am

Ooooh I have like a million projects that I want to use them in! I didn’t think it would be possible but I loved each one more the further I scrolled through but it’s the very last blue and white beauty that has my heart in a flutter.

• Reply fiona duke June 30, 2014 at 12:42 pm

i live near London and never tire of visiting liberty just to go and have a look at their fabrics.
    they are timeless and totally gorgeous arent they.

totally agree about the print on that white chair and would love to try that out – stunning :)

thanks for sharing

• Reply Chris July 1, 2014 at 12:00 am

Loving the patterns on those pillows! Very original!

• Reply Lucy Chen July 1, 2014 at 6:34 am

I LOVE fabric chairs, armchairs, sofa, everything!!!

• Reply Suzzy July 3, 2014 at 8:03 am

Oooh they’re gorgeous! Off to google them for more inspiration

• Reply Tezz July 3, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Absolutely awesome! I love these fabrics and would love to have them at home.

• Reply April Louise July 4, 2014 at 9:31 am

I really like the way you have used these Liberty prints to add some pattern to your home, they look great. I have some fabric myself, it makes great inspiration too.

• Reply Sandra July 4, 2014 at 6:41 pm

:-D I love the Aidan-has-first-to-grow-up-chairs too. But I’m absolutely smitten with the blue brick wall decorated with the delphinium flowers in the same bold blue color!!! I just can’t stop to look at this picture! Yup, you could say a Meg Ryan-moment for me too then. :-D

♡ Sandra

• Reply Sandra July 6, 2014 at 11:35 am

Gorgeous and rich! I especially <3 the cushions close-up.
    Thanks for sharing ;)

• Reply Liz July 7, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Liberty fabric never gets old!! Gorgeous.

• Reply Sydney at Twine Interiors July 7, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Those pieces are amazing! Plus I’ve got to try that blue exposed brick wall in my home. So gorgeous!