Liberty Heritage Fabrics

You know how something comes out and you’re like, “Oh yeah, I want that NOW”, but then you think that maybe you should wait a bit because it’s expensive and you fear that in 6-12 months time you just won’t be into it the same. And then you wait and you’re all like, “Yeah I still love it” (6 months later), or “What, huh? Oh yeah, that… Sooo NOT interesting anymore”. Well when it comes to Liberty Fabrics for sewing, I’ve always had a mega love affair. Their interiors fabrics though, particularly those out since last Fall, I wasn’t so sure I’d be into them down the road. But yeah, I’m still positively smitten by Liberty Heritage Fabrics for interiors, particularly the Jubilee and Nesfield collection, so I have to share a few fave looks below with you today. Just look at these rich, moody and well, decadent fabrics (there is wallpaper too! Swoon!). I’d love to work on an interiors project incorporating these beauties. Perhaps my own home? I have some ideas…

970845-1_l

972407-1_l

970869-1_l

970841-1_l

970851-1_l

These prints (especially the photo of the cushion on the white chair above) makes me want to make seat cushions for my white Eames Eiffel chairs for my dining room, and to trim out some linen drapes for my living room, and yes, to maybe make roman blinds (or have them made) for our bedroom. That would be super lux. Now to just find a huge wad of cash laying around so I can throw my money into these projects because the fabric alone would be an investment. And I have an object of desire long on my list: a cozy chair covered in Liberty fabric. Would that not be truly grand? Perhaps once Aidan is older and can understand that no, he cannot jump on mommy’s sacred most holy chair.

Aren’t these prints just the cat’s meoooooow though? Oh my god yes. YES! YES! I’m feeling a Meg Ryan/When Harry Met Sally moment coming on here…

(images: liberty london)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on June 26, 2014

1. Jenna Pizzigati-Coppola commented
    June 26th, 2014 at 10:33pm

I’m in LOVE- absolutely divine!!

Thanks for sharing,
    Jenna

Jenna Pizzigati-Coppola´s last blog post ..Eco-Friendly Project Update: Lenox Hill Haute- Wallpaper Sourcing…

2. Lara Courteney commented
    June 26th, 2014 at 10:53pm

Heritage fabrics but timeless and contemporary at the same time! Love them!
    Lara Courteney´s last blog post ..Hand carved window frame

3. Candice@NotesFromABroad commented
    June 27th, 2014 at 1:22am

The first photo, the sofa … and the cushions in the chairs .. I want them ! :)

4. karen robinson commented
    June 27th, 2014 at 5:18am

These are drop dead gorgeous. I especially love the green sunflowers. beautiful. k
    karen robinson´s last blog post ..Stunning Work

5. Katja commented
    June 27th, 2014 at 8:33am

Fascinating patterns! The blue and white print on the white tulip chairs works really well – combining two contrasting worlds into something very pleasing to look at :).
    Katja´s last blog post ..DIY Spray Painted Bottles

6. Polly Rowan commented
    June 27th, 2014 at 9:13am

LIberty fabric never gets old! I love the idea of a colourful patterned statement chair in their fabric.
    Polly Rowan´s last blog post ..RIFLE PAPER Co Wallpaper

7. Mnêmosunê commented
    June 27th, 2014 at 2:28pm

Third proto is my favorite, these pattens are gorgeous !

8. Dina commented
    June 27th, 2014 at 3:13pm

I’ve often wondered where one might be able to get Liberty print wall paper and shelving paper. Any ideas?

9. Kinga commented
    June 27th, 2014 at 4:02pm

OMG. That high-back chair in that fabric is to die for. This is the first I’m hearing of this company…need to buy some fabric for our new house! Lovely! Thanks!
    Kinga´s last blog post ..Things I have learned to accept in the last six months since becoming a mom…

10. jessica commented
    June 27th, 2014 at 5:45pm

these prints are absolutely beautiful on these pieces – such a great way to tie in a room! i love the contrast of the chair with the blue brick wall + green curtain. our designer at red uses prints as the focal point in a room in clients homes from time to time – these are great.

11. Kl commented
    June 28th, 2014 at 2:20am

I love these fabrics, and think they are timeless which is what you want if investing in beautiful fabric for expensive upholstery. The lounge in the first picture is absolutely divine!
    Kl´s last blog post ..Admirable Architecture …

12. Jill commented
    June 29th, 2014 at 7:30pm

I actually don’t like any of them. Way too busy. Muddy colors. Totally not feeling their fabrics.
    Jill´s last blog post ..Pink Miltonia Orchids in Watercolor

13. Meghan @ Wishful Thinking commented
    June 30th, 2014 at 11:14am

Ooooh I have like a million projects that I want to use them in! I didn’t think it would be possible but I loved each one more the further I scrolled through but it’s the very last blue and white beauty that has my heart in a flutter.
    Meghan @ Wishful Thinking´s last blog post ..A store to smite them all

14. fiona duke commented
    June 30th, 2014 at 12:42pm

i live near London and never tire of visiting liberty just to go and have a look at their fabrics.
    they are timeless and totally gorgeous arent they.

totally agree about the print on that white chair and would love to try that out – stunning :)

thanks for sharing

15. Chris commented
    July 1st, 2014 at 12:00am

Loving the patterns on those pillows! Very original!

Chris´s last blog post ..Orange Bedding: Bringing Warmth And Light To A Dull Room

16. Lucy Chen commented
    July 1st, 2014 at 6:34am

I LOVE fabric chairs, armchairs, sofa, everything!!!
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..Sixty Years of Painting

17. Suzzy commented
    July 3rd, 2014 at 8:03am

Oooh they’re gorgeous! Off to google them for more inspiration

18. Tezz commented
    July 3rd, 2014 at 9:40pm

Absolutely awesome! I love these fabrics and would love to have them at home.
    Tezz´s last blog post ..A summer cottage in Sweden

19. April Louise commented
    July 4th, 2014 at 9:31am

I really like the way you have used these Liberty prints to add some pattern to your home, they look great. I have some fabric myself, it makes great inspiration too.
    April Louise´s last blog post ..A Ditzy Print

20. Sandra commented
    July 4th, 2014 at 6:41pm

:-D I love the Aidan-has-first-to-grow-up-chairs too. But I’m absolutely smitten with the blue brick wall decorated with the delphinium flowers in the same bold blue color!!! I just can’t stop to look at this picture! Yup, you could say a Meg Ryan-moment for me too then. :-D

♡ Sandra
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Free printable vintage horse bookmark – ausdruckbares Lesezeichen – freebie

21. Sandra commented
    July 6th, 2014 at 11:35am

Gorgeous and rich! I especially <3 the cushions close-up.
    Thanks for sharing ;)
    Sandra´s last blog post ..sneak peek : Beyond Boundaries

22. Liz commented
    July 7th, 2014 at 5:12pm

Liberty fabric never gets old!! Gorgeous.
    Liz´s last blog post ..Mermaid Illustration

23. Sydney at Twine Interiors commented
    July 7th, 2014 at 6:38pm

Those pieces are amazing! Plus I’ve got to try that blue exposed brick wall in my home. So gorgeous!

Sydney at Twine Interiors´s last blog post ..5 Steps to Flawless Pattern Mixing