Prints I Like By Teresa Esgaio

I’m really liking these prints from Au Prints today. Gold is a chemical element with the symbol Au and so Au Prints are special in that gold ink is manually applied and they are each limited to 100 copies. All prints are reproductions of original drawings by Portuguese artist Teresa Esgaio and they represent memories – moments that happened once upon a time. I like how graphic they are and think the whale shark print would look particularly good in Aidan’s room someday. Really nice for a boy’s room! My favorite is the Birds on a shoulder print shown on the bottom. There are others not shown that are great too – so visit her site to check ‘em out, k?

AuPrints_2010_1

AuPrints_1961_1

AuPrints_1938_1

Hope you are all doing super today. The weather is cold and gray and summer has come only a few days in the past two months, but all is well otherwise. I am inspired by gray days because they make me feel more creative since I’m forced to pull myself out of the typical slump this type of weather can bring. Plus, having a baby boy around who is always smiling and laughing really loud (like from the gut, such a riot) and making tons of cute sounds… Well how can even the grayest days be really gray?

(images: Teresa Esgaio)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on July 08, 2014

1. Jennifer commented
    July 8th, 2014 at 4:31pm

Lovely and minimal. A great find. Off to delve into Teresa’s work!
    Jennifer´s last blog post ..It Will Be OK: A Very Special and Very Personal Story

2. Andreia commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 1:15am

They are lovely. I didn’t know this Portuguese artist…your blog is really precious, Holly!

Have a nice week!

I also think grey could be a beautiful colour :)

3. Nitasha commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 1:50am

Hi Holly…these prints are lovely. The gold with the black and white looks amazing!!!
    Thanks for sharing and am sure there will be more sunny days in your part of the world (especially now that due to Germany’s stunning 7-1 semi final win in the World Cup)……soon!!!
    Nitasha´s last blog post ..Lovin’ these black and white plates……..

4. Piia commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 9:12am

Wow, these are stunning! Thanks for sharing!

5. decor8 commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 3:48pm

@Nitasha – I’m still stunned too!!!