Mía Maestro’s 20th-century Bungalow In Venice, California

With the big FIFA World Cup 2014 starting later today with Argentina facing off against The Netherlands, I thought I’d share a rather lovely home I saw recently in Lonny magazine belonging to 36-year-old Mía Maestro, an actress, singer-songwriter and native of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Her beachy residence in Venice, California is a 20th-century bungalow where, “Her prized possessions are treated less like things and more like family members”. Her interview on the Lonny site is very interesting so I encourage you to read it  but the intro goes a little something like this, “Actress-musician Mia Maestro battled vampires in Twilight, writes songs in two languages, and conducts a tea ceremony worthy of a Chinese monk. Within minutes of arriving at Mia Maestro’s early-20th-century Venice, California, bungalow—where sun-dappled bougainvillea and an Arts and Crafts stained-glass window greet you at the door—it becomes abundantly clear that this actress, musician and Argentine native is much deeper than your average L.A. starlet.” Would you like to take a peek into her world?

OQL5YlN1MNBx

U67Tzy3zK5mx

artlove

se_50tNjiAJx

cFiUFT4TLq3x

FIhoapip4hZx

aYGB3qkFF_ix

If you’d like to watch her new song, Blue Eyed Sailer, I’ve embedded it below… You can see more on her music website here.

What do you think of Mia’s bungalow? Could you live here? And her music? Did you like it?

(Photographed by Jessica Sample)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on July 09, 2014

1. natalia h commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 3:27pm

Ooh, I loved her in Alias. I wanted to kill her SO BAD. Haha.

I really liked the decoration of this space. It’s modern and so relaxing. The Argentinean details pop up. It’s very pretty.

2. Vix commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 5:51pm

i did not know she was a songwriter! I knew her only as an actress.
    Well, what a lovely house she has.
    Vix´s last blog post ..you know what? i am back!

3. I’m argentinean too!
    Nice post!!!
    Have a great day…

ps/not only today is the semifinal with NE… also, today is Independence day in Argentina ♡

4. margarita commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 9:23pm

Love the big painting on the wall.
    margarita´s last blog post ..woonboek – a book about real interiors

5. Jan commented
    July 10th, 2014 at 7:26pm

Love the painting to the left of the couch. Who is the artist?

6. Jeska Hearne commented
    July 10th, 2014 at 8:57pm

Love this home so much! Every corner :)
    Jeska Hearne´s last blog post ..DECOR SOURCEBOOK – INTERIOR PAINT TRENDS 2014

7. Bernardo Margulis—This Makes Me Happy commented
    July 10th, 2014 at 10:00pm

What a beautiful home! Wouldn’t mind paying a visit—or staying for a vacations!
    Bernardo Margulis—This Makes Me Happy´s last blog post ..CITYx60 City Guides

8. Nicole Antar commented
    July 10th, 2014 at 10:43pm

Very nice and bright. I like the architectural detailing like the cornice and skirting which are bold and nicely featured. I also like the arrangement on the wall.. Lovely.
    Nicole Antar´s last blog post ..Which Interior Design Magazine?

9. Lucy Chen commented
    July 11th, 2014 at 6:26am

I absolutely love her home! I would LOVE to live there! Haha! But the music isn’t my type :)
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..Alan and Van Gogh on “Paint Like a Child”

10. Sarah commented
    July 13th, 2014 at 7:37am

Oh what a lovely inviting home. So real, an unpretentious too.

Sarah x