Photographer Jessica Sample

I’ve been highlighting photographers on decor8 for years and thought I’d start doing it again more frequently since, as I once said back in February 2008 (!!!), it’s so important to highlight the many talented people out there shooting because we all tend to take for granted that someone is behind the lens working hard to capture all of these beautiful moments, places and spaces that we’re drooling over in our favorite magazines and on sites like Pinterest. Jessica Sample, who shot the story I just shared about actress/singer songwriter Mía Maestro, deserved a post of her own on decor8 and to encourage you to visit her website where you can see an insane amount of beautiful, huge images in every imaginable category from portraits to lifestyle, fashion, hotels, interiors, kids, food, travel and even video work.

Jessica-Sample1

Jessica Sample is an award wining professional photographer with a degree in Photography from Brown University. She grew up in L.A. and is currently based there yet travels extensively for her work. In fact, long before becoming a working girl, Jessica traveled all over the world with her parents to destinations like Bhutan, Africa and Indonesia. Before she started shooting full-time, she was the Deputy Photo Editor at Travel + Leisure Magazine (the first mag I ever subscribed to when I was 15 years old!) in New York City and frequently shot their features. In addition to her online portfolio, you can follow her on her tumblr blog here.

Jessica-Sample4

Jessica-Sample2

jessicasample7

Jessica-Sample3

jessicasample8

Jessica-Sample5

I’m so glad that I came across this wonderful photographer, aren’t you? Thank god for the internet. And don’t you just adore the two portraits above, particularly the one with the vinyls and record player? Such a casual yet gorgeous shot. I’d love some photos taken of me like this – my goal for later this year in fact as I’ve invited my neighbor Christin Lange back to work with me again later in the Fall. She shot our newborn photos for Aidan, do you remember those? They were in my birth story? I’ve invited her back to do some mommy + me shots of us together now that he’s bigger. In fact, today he just turned 5-months-old and I really can’t believe it because days feel so long but the period of time seems so short. Must be a typical parent feeling, right?

(Photographer: Jessica Sample)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on July 09, 2014

1. Jana Miller commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 4:13pm

oh lovely photos! hide and seek cute!
    Jana Miller´s last blog post ..Peace and Quiet (400)

2. Barb commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 6:10pm

Such a wonderfully creative photographer, thanks for sharing!
    Barb´s last blog post ..“That’s my Mommy, Barb”

3. marijana commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 7:00pm

HI Holly, I’m a huge fan of yours and i’ve taken the BYW courses for the second time and I love how you really get into so many different layers of creativity. Since you want to portrait some photographers I want to tell you about Lauren Volo (http://laurenvolo.com/) Not only is she my future cousin in law but she’s an amazing and talented artist. I’m not just saying it like that she worked for the first lady on her cooking book. she’s doing a lot of food photography, when you look at her page you feel like you haven’t eaten in ages and suddenly you have those cravings. you want it all – NOW!! :) I know that you’ve been looking for new teachers for your new BYW course and I’d love to see someone who’d do more on food or DIY blog posts. Anyway, keep up the good work! xoxo mari
    marijana´s last blog post ..Azulejo Style- mit Blau und Weiß in den Sommer

4. Tracey commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 11:50pm

I love hearing about other photographers …… so inspiring. She is super talented at her trade. The colours are amazing !!!!
    Tracey´s last blog post ..You ask what I’ve been up to ……..

5. Michell commented
    July 10th, 2014 at 11:58am

Wow, these photos are absolutely gorgeous. So clean looking but, in a way, also quite nostalgic with a kind of 1960s feel. lovely. Thanks for this!

6. Sandra commented
    July 10th, 2014 at 4:27pm

I’m nuts with the ropes backdrop!! It’s so extraordinary and inspiring . Full of nautical atmosphere which promises weather, salt and adventure. I would love to call this style.

♡ Sandra
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Free printable purse box – ausdruckbare Geschenkschachtel – freebie

7. Ashley commented
    July 11th, 2014 at 9:37pm

You should check out Photographer Lisa Petrole of Toronto she is so amazing at what she does and can capture an interior space so beautifully.
    lisapetrole.4ormat.com

8. Sonja commented
    July 15th, 2014 at 5:48pm

Dear Holly,
    beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!

Can you maybe recommend a photographer in Germany / Frankfurt area for design/decoration/interior photography?

Best, Sonja