Tour Gracias Madre In West Hollywood, California

Hey guys, its Kelly Brown and Holly asked me to stop in from time to time to post tours of beautiful spaces that I shoot professionally so you get to see them first. This is my debut post on decor8 so I hope that you enjoy it! I am so excited to share with you a shoot I did recently at Gracias Madre, a plant-based (vegetarian & vegan) Mexican-inspired restaurant in sunny West Hollywood, California. In my opinion, the only thing better than eating a really, really great meal, is eating it in a beautiful atmosphere. Wendy Haworth and her design team along with patio designer, Scott Shrader, have created just that at Gracias Madre. By the way, you can click on any image below for super large views to ohhh and ahhh over the details and to pin!

gm13

I visited the restaurant during a recent trip to LA and immediately fell in love with the space, not to mention the food! I couldn’t help myself but to walk around the entire restaurant checking out every inch of the space and noting all the amazing design features. Lets just say its on my “must go to” list in LA. The plantain fritters and the sopes, so delicious! Oh, and the drinks! Small batch mescals and tequila with housemade syrups, shrubs, tinctures, and bitters! Yep, I had myself a good time!

gm4

gm3

gm5

gm6

With a Mexican flare, the interior is fresh and bright, perfectly utilizing color and pattern to balance out the large space. Cozy corner nooks and an amazing outdoor patio makes you want to stay there eating and drinking all night. Its no surprise that Gracias Madre received the People’s Choice Award from The American Institute of Architect’s 10th Annual Restaurant Design Awards in Los Angeles.

gm14

gm29

gm15

gm19

gm16

gm20

gm23

Executive Chef, Chandra Gilbert and Beverage Director, Jason Eisner go above and beyond to create beautifully distinct dishes from local and organic ingredients. Here’s what they say about the restaurant: “We first conceived the idea of Gracias Madre while visiting the families of our employees in Mexico. We wanted to both; offer organic Mexican food to the communities we serve as well as honor the mothers who work tirelessly in the kitchens of Mexico and often live without their husbands and children while they work side by side with us in California. Inspired by some of the recipes of these families and the love of their mothers, Gracias Madre serves organic, farm fresh, locally sourced food, full of flavor and love.” So, what do you think? Wouldn’t you love to eat (and drink!) in this beautiful space?! I know I can’t wait to go back! -Kelly

(text/photography kelly brown)

Posted by decor8 in food on July 22, 2014

1. Allyson commented
    July 22nd, 2014 at 5:45pm

What a fabulous space. Love the colours, those lights, that bar….well, everything. Definitely a spot to visit next time I’m in L.A. Thanks Kelly for giving us the sneak peak of this great venue.

Allyson
    Allyson´s last blog post ..Fun Cubes

2. Merisa McCollum commented
    July 22nd, 2014 at 6:14pm

Love the space and love the photos. Makes me want to live in Cal. Nice job.
    Merisa McCollum´s last blog post ..Sandia Peak | Attempt One

3. Sarah commented
    July 22nd, 2014 at 7:20pm

Beautiful work Kelly! You definitely captured the calm and beautiful atmosphere! If I’m ever out that way, I hope to check it out!
    Sarah´s last blog post ..the gift of love

4. Iara commented
    July 22nd, 2014 at 10:57pm

Looks amazing! makes me want to go there :)

5. Heidi commented
    July 22nd, 2014 at 11:50pm

Beautiful space. Gracias Madre used to be in the Mission District in San Francisco.

6. Yuko Jones | northfield gate commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 3:15am

This is EXACTLY how I love the colors and textures mixed! B & W, bright + neutral colors (cabinets), patterns, and natural woven textures. Beautiful! I’m pinning this! xx
    Yuko Jones | northfield gate´s last blog post ..DIY | Bubble Art

7. Sheila S commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 3:42am

Beautiful, beautiful photos that make me want to visit. And only a few blocks from where I get my hair cut so it’s on the list!

8. Antic&Chic commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 12:28pm

I love it! It’s fresh and stylish… And funny ;)

9. Caroline commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 3:28pm

What a gorgeous space! Anything with Otomi prints has my heart. Kelly, this is such beautiful work – congratulations!

10. Caroline commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 3:29pm

Kelly, this is such fantastic work! Congratulations. Love to see college friends having such success :)
    Caroline´s last blog post ..cook this / 14

11. classic casual home commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 6:41pm

I’ve been there for lunch and you really captured the beauty.

12. Anne commented
    July 29th, 2014 at 2:18am

Beautiful photos and beautiful design and styling. As the owner of a Mexican folk art shop, I am always looking for ways to use traditional folk arts (pillows, Guadalupe nichos, metal lanterns, Saltillo blankets etc) in a more modern way. Gracias Madre really did it well. Can’t wait to visit on my next trip to LA and I’ll be pinning like CRAZY! Gracias, Madre!

13. Monica Martinez commented
    July 30th, 2014 at 7:34am

Looking forward to this!

14. Iris commented
    August 20th, 2014 at 7:50am

I LOVE this place!!! I can’t get enough of the amazing decor. I took my mom and aunt who are Mexican, and although they loved the decor, they weren’t too fond of the “Mexican” food….I, on the other hand, LOVED it. Very unique and very very tasty. Can’t wait to go back soon.
    Iris´s last blog post ..Amazing Arts District loft