Style Me Pretty Living + In The Fun Lane

Have you ever stumbled upon something, discovered that it’s actually been around for quite some time, and wondered how you could have missed such a gem? This happened to me today when I came across Style Me Pretty Living. I knew about SMP for years now as founder, Abby Larson, is also a Boston girl like me. But I didn’t realize they have a “Living” blog that covers DIY, home tours, party planning, DIY projects and more. I will definitely be checking out this site more in the weeks to come for times when I feel a bit stuck in a rut.

hollystylemeprettyliving2

This is a favorite home gallery from Style Me Pretty Living which profiles a blogger that I’d not known about until now either, the lovely Holly and her little girl, from In The Fun Lane blog. Her home was photographed by Jacqueline Elizabeth in Calgary. To pin any of these images below, PLEASE visit THIS page and pin to your little heart’s content from there since I’ve grouped the images in this blog post to discourage pinning from my blog on this particular post since Style Me Pretty Living has their own gorgeous galleries in which you can freely pin, create boards, become a member, etc. I don’t want to steal their thunder. But my goodness, this little home is super inspiring to me and really made me happy – so I had to share a brief glimpse.

hollystylemeprettyliving3

hollystylemeprettyliving1

To me, Holly’s home has so much love, style and great decorating ideas. I love the wire lamps hanging in the corner, the Hell Yeah print, the sweet touches of baby photos above that pretty chair (I don’t see a lot of family photos in homes anymore, why is that?), and the branches on the wall are so pretty. If you look at the full gallery for this home, you will see her gorgeous kitchen, daughter’s bedroom with the lovely hearts above the bed, and more. This home really made me smile today and I hope that it does the same for you too. Makes me want to redecorate (again).

I hope you are all having a super duper day! The weather is gorgeous here so the baby and I are going out to hang for awhile, run some errands in his stroller, etc. Viva la Summer!

(images: jacqueline elizabeth/style me pretty living)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on July 23, 2014

1. Shell commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 2:17pm

Holly’s home is delightful and full of a fun spirit. Shell – A Darlings nest
    Shell´s last blog post ..Sharing my own Special vessels

2. Holly commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 4:09pm

I don’t think you could have made my morning any brighter! Thank you so much for all your sweet words, you can’t even grasp how excited this made me.
    Xoxo
    Holly

3. Rebecca @ Hello Creative Blog commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 4:27pm

I’m in love with the classic chair and funky fabric! Gets me every time. :)
    Rebecca @ Hello Creative Blog´s last blog post ..Container Gardener Wanna-be

4. Yuko Jones | northfield gate commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 4:27pm

What a lovely home! I’m heading over to see the rest of the home tour! And LOVE that Hell Yeah art! xx
    Yuko Jones | northfield gate´s last blog post ..DIY | Bubble Art

5. Giulia commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 5:25pm

I love SMP Living. I’ve been a food contributor there for the past year! So much fun.
    Giulia´s last blog post ..A trip to Switzerland Part 1

6. Dianna commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 6:47pm

Such a lovely home! And yes, I always feel like I find something that’s been around for years and yet again, I’m late to the party. Better late than never!
    Dianna´s last blog post ..Vegetable Quinoa Salad

7. Jacquelyn | lark & linen commented
    July 23rd, 2014 at 9:57pm

Gah, as a HUGE decor8 lover, it makes me SO happy to see our SMP Living feature is up here. Seriously I think I let out an audible squeal. Thanks so much for the love! We’re so glad you found us :)

xoxox

8. Amy Lighthall commented
    July 24th, 2014 at 12:19am

What a pretty home and I love the branches on the wall and all the white. Thanks for introducing us to another great blogger!

9. Mieke commented
    July 24th, 2014 at 1:51pm

I love her interior nd mix ‘n match of old and new!

x
    Mieke

Check out my new post: Nancy-mulhouse.blogspot.be

10. jessica commented
    July 24th, 2014 at 4:40pm

this space is so fun! i love the incorporation of the victorian chair with the modern decor – it fits perfectly. our designer at red has done a similar style in a client’s home before. thanks for sharing!

11. Kristina commented
    July 28th, 2014 at 5:29pm

Thanks for sharing Holly’s incredible space! I love her blog and her home is stunning!