Shopping + Products

July 31, 2014

House Doctor has done it again with another pretty collection for Autumn/Winter 2014 with their Moments collection. I think it’s very smart and sophisticated, understated, simple and cool. Colors range from rose to cool blue, mossy and teal greens, yellow and smokey gray. For materials, you have copper, gold, brass and marble along with wood, in particular, plywood. Christmas looks very casual again this year in Scandinavian design and since House Doctor is Danish, they are leading the pack with simplicity and pared down decor for the ho-ho-holidays. Lanterns a-glow, metal and wire, hand-blown glass, baskets (for displaying fir trees large and small). I really love this collection. Here are 12 photos from House Doctor that I am able to share with you to tickle your design fancy. To see more, visit their online catalog here.

House Doctor Moments Collection A/W 2014

This sofa above is a personal favorite. Do you like it too?

House Doctor Moments Collection A/W 2014

I like seeing a simple fir tree in a big skinny two-tone basket, don’t you?

House Doctor Moments Collection A/W 2014

Really crushing on this light fixture and sofa combo. Perhaps for my studio makeover? Hmmm.

House Doctor Moments Collection A/W 2014

This rose and that tealish chair make me squirm in my, ahem, seat. Lovely!

House Doctor Moments Collection A/W 2014

I know this is being shown as a dining table but I’m thinking of this for my new desk. What do you think of that? I also love that they took 3 lights and turned them into a big bubble cluster. In real life though, I have no clue how I’d install that in my house – how do you merge 3 lights into one anyway?

House Doctor Moments Collection A/W 2014

Shelving I’m considering for my new office.

See anything you fancy?

(images, house doctor)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Allison T July 31, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Oh goodness so much beauty! I am loving those pastel chairs! That shelving would look nice in my home office as well. Do you know if the canisters in the last photo are for sale?

• Reply Yuko Jones | northfield gate July 31, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I love the simplicity with lots of textures! And those light fixtures – I know they’ll show up in my dream tonight! I’m looking for a dining table like that, which doubles as a work desk AND a drafting table… Only if those table top tilts…

• Reply Lizzie July 31, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Is it possible to get this in the United States? The House Doctor has such beautiful things. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Jennifer Ashley July 31, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Pretty! I love the cool blues and the stripes!

Jennifer Ashley

• Reply Jemima July 31, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Everything above is delightful. I really like the gold cube candle holder, and of course that incredible sofa… Argh, I can’t wait to have a long-term home of my own some day that I can deck out as I please! Fantastic inspiration here, so glad I found this site.

• Reply Sarah July 31, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Love the tree in a basket look! I may seriously consider giving that a go in my own home.

• Reply Shell August 1, 2014 at 12:04 am

Hearting it all , the simplicity and strong geometrical shapes. The colours are so soothing and I can never resist a grey lounge. Thanks for sharing.

Shell – A Darlings Nest

• Reply Catherine August 1, 2014 at 6:26 am

Well, now you’ve done it! I pretty much want to switch out almost everything in my house. So.much.gorgeousness…

• Reply Tanya August 1, 2014 at 9:17 am

• Reply TFORIA August 1, 2014 at 10:24 am

Those are amazing baskets. I really admire the Scandinavian style – lots of refreshing colors and fun patterns!

• Reply KL August 1, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I am soooo smitten with this brand. Unfortunately I am yet to find an online supplier of the objects I want, that supply to Australia. Sigh.

• Reply Judith August 4, 2014 at 11:45 am

My first reaction when I scrolled to the sofa was »I love that!«, and then I saw what you’ve written below it. Such a beautiful little thing. I don’t have that reaction often regarding furniture, but I am crushing on that one a bit.

About combining lamps (at least in Germany, not sure about other countries): you cut their cords and then combine the ones of the same colour so they make just one connection to connect to the cabels coming out of the ceiling. You know the term »Lüsterklemme«? Those are just for attaching/extending single strips, so in this case, you need a special kind like this:

Each of those combines one set of coloured cables from each lamp. The website has some more pictures on the side where you can see it done.
    I bought the parts to do exactly that with some lamps I have, but I haven’t decided on their new cable yet. I want to do cloth-covered cables, but there’s such a wealth of colours and styles to choose from, I haven’t made up my mind yet.

• Reply decor8 August 4, 2014 at 1:07 pm

@Judith – Thank you so much for your comment about combining the lights – brilliant, thank you again!

• Reply Judith August 6, 2014 at 6:55 pm

You’re very welcome!

I had another look at my link, and a few more things to add.
    First of all, they seem to be even better connectors than I got at the building center, because these can combine both the stiff single-wire kind of cable and the ones made of many tiny strands. For the ones I bought, I had to buy additional tiny metal caps to clamp on many-wire ends (…probably not the technical term…) before putting them in the connector. So you should either take care to get this exact same brand if you look at a store, or even just order them from the Conrad site.

The other important thing is that of the three openings the linked connector has, one of them is needed for the outbound-cable, and two are left for the ones going in that you want to combine. So to combine three lamps, you need a connector with four openings (and one of them per colour of cable-strand you combine in the lamps, so three total).

Have fun with your lighting :)

• Reply Sarah August 26, 2014 at 4:19 pm

I love those shelves in the second to last picture. Minimal, modern, yet still has a rustic home-made feel about them. Very awesome. Love