nani IRO Fabrics From Japan

Hi friends, it’s Monday! A brand new week of inspiration and ideas, plans and dreams and hopefully progress! Let’s get started with a quick bite of inspiration. Are you familiar with nani IRO fabrics? These gorgeous fabrics are like paintings and really make me smile. I found out about this Japanese label designed by Naomi Ito a few years ago and have been a fan ever since. Here is a lovely photo showing her more popular patterns that I found on HI(NY) below. I have so many ideas for my home when I see these. I’m currently redecorating my work studio – I’ll show you the before and after on my blog this Autumn, so I’ve been mood boarding like a man woman! These are definitely part of my scheme.

NaniiroTenugui

You can buy these fabrics here:
If you’re in Europe at Mondays Milk, Or buy directly from Tokyo at the etsy store of Miss Matatabi for US, Europe, etc. I just threw down a chunk ‘o change for some of these beauties from Miss Matatabi, I can’t wait to get them in my hot little hands and turn them into something pretty.

Please note: All products in this post are decor8 tested and approved.

How are you today?

(image: hiny)

Posted by decor8 in textiles on August 04, 2014

1. Alicia commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 2:53pm

I love nani iro! Have quite a few of her designs in my fabric stash. I am excited to see what you do with it!

Most of the stuff I have found is only thick enough for light upholstery. Would be interested in seeing if there are any thicker fabrics that would be appropriate for larger projects.
    Alicia´s last blog post ..Stay

2. Bohème Circus commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 3:01pm

I pinned this picture, a few days ago on my pinterest account ! it amuses me to see that the eye catches the same colors,to see that the moods and inspirations intersect. This presentation, the simplicity of the styling gives so much value at these beautiful fabrics. For me it makes me want to open my sketchbooks and play with watercolor … It’s fun to see that a same image can inspire a multitude of creative ways!
    Bohème Circus´s last blog post ..Do you want a cup of inspiration ?

3. Yuko Jones | northfield gate commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 3:07pm

Those fabrics are so pretty, and so Japanese! I’m a Japanese expat living in the US, and I totally feel “home” just looking at the muted pastels and the subtleness of the designs. I should start importing those fabrics to America! xx
    Yuko Jones | northfield gate´s last blog post ..What I Learned in July

4. Cathie commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 4:28pm

Beautiful fabric – thanks for sharing!

5. kimberlybuggie commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 6:40pm

Gorgeous!!! :)
    I love these fabrics. They make me want to create something beautiful right now! (this would be problematic as I am at work in an office with no means of creating anything.) :)
    kimberlybuggie´s last blog post ..Review: Lex & Lu by J. Santiago

6. qlkowa commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 7:16pm

Beautiful!
    And I can read some words in Kana:)

7. Lana Manis commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 7:54pm

What beautiful colors and designs! I’ve never heard of the fabric brand so thank you for sharing with us!

8. Allison T commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 9:07pm

Super cute fabric! I can’t wait to see your new work studio, I am sure it will be beautiful!
    Allison T´s last blog post ..Potato Peach Dumplings

9. Eva commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 9:56pm

Such a cute fabrics! Japanese design is always distinctive.

10. Sydney at Twine Interiors commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 10:17pm

In love! Thanks for sharing! What do you think you’ll do with them?

xoxo Sydney at Twine Interiors
    twineinteriors.com
    Sydney at Twine Interiors´s last blog post ..New Home Tour: Dining Room

11. Patricia Shea commented
    August 4th, 2014 at 11:22pm

One never can have enough fabric! I love this delicious, fresh as a breeze layout – off to admire their Etsy shop. Thank you!
    Patricia Shea´s last blog post ..Cottage Chic Gingham and a flurry of activity in my online shops!

12. Kristin commented
    August 5th, 2014 at 3:38am

Great inspiration.

13. decor8 commented
    August 5th, 2014 at 8:43am

@Sydney – I’m thinking to frame one of my favorite prints and then maybe create a patchwork curtain with some of the others for my guest bedroom since they are so light and breezy.

14. Kate commented
    August 14th, 2014 at 8:23pm

So pretty and unique! Love these.

15. Dina commented
    August 17th, 2014 at 7:29pm

These fabrics are GORGEOUS! I would love to learn more/see pictures of how people plan to actually use them. If you have any verbal descriptions or pix, please share!

16. Dina commented
    August 17th, 2014 at 7:29pm

17. Adeline commented
    August 24th, 2014 at 3:59pm

I’ve heard so much about this fabric but didn’t know it looked so gorgeous! The make great fabric for a jacket or a dress!
    Adeline´s last blog post ..Around the world fabric: London (Part 3)