nani IRO Fabrics From Japan

August 4, 2014

Hi friends, it’s Monday! A brand new week of inspiration and ideas, plans and dreams and hopefully progress! Let’s get started with a quick bite of inspiration. Are you familiar with nani IRO fabrics? These gorgeous fabrics are like paintings and really make me smile. I found out about this Japanese label designed by Naomi Ito a few years ago and have been a fan ever since. Here is a lovely photo showing her more popular patterns that I found on HI(NY) below. I have so many ideas for my home when I see these. I’m currently redecorating my work studio – I’ll show you the before and after on my blog this Autumn, so I’ve been mood boarding like a man woman! These are definitely part of my scheme.

nani IRO Fabrics From Japan

You can buy these fabrics here:
If you’re in Europe at Mondays Milk, Or buy directly from Tokyo at the etsy store of Miss Matatabi for US, Europe, etc. I just threw down a chunk ‘o change for some of these beauties from Miss Matatabi, I can’t wait to get them in my hot little hands and turn them into something pretty.

Please note: All products in this post are decor8 tested and approved.

How are you today?

(image: hiny)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Alicia August 4, 2014 at 2:53 pm

I love nani iro! Have quite a few of her designs in my fabric stash. I am excited to see what you do with it!

Most of the stuff I have found is only thick enough for light upholstery. Would be interested in seeing if there are any thicker fabrics that would be appropriate for larger projects.

• Reply Bohème Circus August 4, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I pinned this picture, a few days ago on my pinterest account ! it amuses me to see that the eye catches the same colors,to see that the moods and inspirations intersect. This presentation, the simplicity of the styling gives so much value at these beautiful fabrics. For me it makes me want to open my sketchbooks and play with watercolor … It’s fun to see that a same image can inspire a multitude of creative ways!

• Reply Yuko Jones | northfield gate August 4, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Those fabrics are so pretty, and so Japanese! I’m a Japanese expat living in the US, and I totally feel “home” just looking at the muted pastels and the subtleness of the designs. I should start importing those fabrics to America! xx

• Reply Cathie August 4, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Beautiful fabric – thanks for sharing!

• Reply kimberlybuggie August 4, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Gorgeous!!! :)
    I love these fabrics. They make me want to create something beautiful right now! (this would be problematic as I am at work in an office with no means of creating anything.) :)

• Reply qlkowa August 4, 2014 at 7:16 pm

And I can read some words in Kana:)

• Reply Lana Manis August 4, 2014 at 7:54 pm

What beautiful colors and designs! I’ve never heard of the fabric brand so thank you for sharing with us!

• Reply Allison T August 4, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Super cute fabric! I can’t wait to see your new work studio, I am sure it will be beautiful!

• Reply Eva August 4, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Such a cute fabrics! Japanese design is always distinctive.

• Reply Sydney at Twine Interiors August 4, 2014 at 10:17 pm

In love! Thanks for sharing! What do you think you’ll do with them?

xoxo Sydney at Twine Interiors

• Reply decor8 August 5, 2014 at 8:43 am

@Sydney – I’m thinking to frame one of my favorite prints and then maybe create a patchwork curtain with some of the others for my guest bedroom since they are so light and breezy.

• Reply Patricia Shea August 4, 2014 at 11:22 pm

One never can have enough fabric! I love this delicious, fresh as a breeze layout – off to admire their Etsy shop. Thank you!

• Reply Kristin August 5, 2014 at 3:38 am

Great inspiration.

• Reply Kate August 14, 2014 at 8:23 pm

So pretty and unique! Love these.

• Reply Dina August 17, 2014 at 7:29 pm

These fabrics are GORGEOUS! I would love to learn more/see pictures of how people plan to actually use them. If you have any verbal descriptions or pix, please share!

• Reply Dina August 17, 2014 at 7:29 pm

• Reply Adeline August 24, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I’ve heard so much about this fabric but didn’t know it looked so gorgeous! The make great fabric for a jacket or a dress!