Home Tours

October 6, 2014

As I am walking down a small alleyway in the heart of Victoria, British Columbia’s Chinatown, I am amazed as I step into this beautifully bright and open, perfectly simplistic yet creatively rich studio space. Hey guys, its Kelly Brown and I am back to share with you a favorite here at decor8, Leslie Shewring’s studio. You probably know Leslie from her and Holly’s book, Decorate With Flowers and now you can see the place where her creativity comes to life.

Studio Tour: Designer Leslie Shewring in Victoria, BC

Her studio is like a crisp, white canvas, constantly changing and evolving depending on what projects she is working on. A woman of many talents, Leslie uses her studio for photography, styling, floral design and painting. Many of her paintings have been turned into fabrics and made into dresses, blankets, bags and adorable stuffed animals.

Studio Tour: Designer Leslie Shewring in Victoria, BC

Studio Tour: Designer Leslie Shewring in Victoria, BCStudio Tour: Designer Leslie Shewring in Victoria, BC

Studio Tour: Designer Leslie Shewring in Victoria, BC

If you just can’t get enough of this woman’s style, you are in luck! Leslie is always posting to her instagram feed so check it out for a daily does of inspiration.

Even more exciting, Leslie will be teaching a photography and styling workshop with Ace Camps in Mexico next month and there are a couple spots left. For more information and to register visit here.

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous studio with us, Leslie! xo – Kelly

(images/text: Kelly Brown)

You Might Also Like

19 Comments

• Reply Aga | Passion shake October 7, 2014 at 12:11 am

So gorgeous!

• Reply Ashley October 7, 2014 at 12:30 am

Such a beautiful and inspiring space!

Love the white walls and am trying to do something similar in a room, can you recommend a paint colour?

• Reply Allison Sadler October 7, 2014 at 12:48 am

Oh my… just the most beautiful studio space I’ve ever seen… every inch of it just melted my heart. Love the pure white simplicity, such the perfect space to let your creativity flow. Thanks for sharing x

• Reply Laura October 7, 2014 at 1:01 am

Leslie, your work is so inspiring and the place you create in is beautiful!

• Reply Lisa October 7, 2014 at 1:52 am

What a beautiful and inspiring creative space! I love the white painted brick wall and collection of succulents…

• Reply leslie October 7, 2014 at 2:42 am

Thank you Kelly for these gorgeous photos!!! It was a pleasure having you by for a visit!!!

• Reply kalani October 7, 2014 at 2:58 am

I was a little worried that looking at “fabulous at everything” Leslie’s studio might make my head explode with delight, but thank goodness I survived it and as expected was charmed. Love the chair with the gray cushions especially. There are so many pretty upholstered pieces in the different sitting and work areas. I imagine Leslie had a wonderful time pulling this all together. I am sure we’ll hear and see many more exciting things continue to come from this studio. Well done, Leslie and thanks Holly and Kate for sharing it.

• Reply Jenni Kupelian October 7, 2014 at 4:18 am

This is so inspiring. What an amazing space! I’m always amazed the new color combos Leslie comes up with.

• Reply Silkie October 7, 2014 at 5:45 am

Wow, Perfection! Just as gorgeous as I imagined & a real treat to peep inside!

• Reply Dorothy Hart October 7, 2014 at 9:59 am

Everything looks so simple and yet very beautiful! I love all the details, like the flowers and the hand-made chandelier, it just brings a very special atmosphere to the place. The furniture is also not with the standard shapes and sizes, which makes the place just look amazing! I would definitely get one of those long and narrow tables for my kitchen, it would fit perfectly into the room.

• Reply Holly {Avenue} October 7, 2014 at 11:57 am

What a beautiful space.

• Reply Vicky October 7, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Lovely! beautiful! a very inspire place! <3

• Reply Tiffany Grant-Riley October 8, 2014 at 10:45 am

Just as beautiful as I imagined-I’d expect nothing less from you Leslie!

• Reply Chi chi Furniture October 9, 2014 at 11:13 am

A beautiful space. I love the mainly all white scheme, its so bright and light, but the cleverly placed pops of colour and textures, like the brick wall, add real warmth and character. The painted chairs and upholstered furniture really lift the space and make it homely. I can see how creativity flows here!

• Reply Kelly Brown October 17, 2014 at 5:11 am

leslie,

Thanks for having me, Leslie! Always a pleasure seeing you xoxo

• Reply alex October 29, 2014 at 2:02 am

Lovely! What paint colors were used on those fabulous green chairs?

• Reply Lara Kellway November 5, 2014 at 11:51 pm

What a calm and inspiring atmosphere! The flowers are so delicate. I love your style- the clean lines of the furniture and their classical shapes. The cushions look really cosy. What attached my attention the most is the white brick wall. You are a brilliant artist, darling! I would like to see more of your works.

cleaners-southyarra.com.au

• Reply Barbara April 12, 2015 at 6:09 pm

So lovely!!! I especially adore the chairs in mint!

• Reply Michelle March 19, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Simple yet stylish, needed inspiration looks like i came to the right place wow.