Round-ups

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend

October 20, 2014

There are often so many things that I do or see during the weekend that never make it to my blog or even to Instagram. I often wonder why don’t I share on decor8 as freely as I once did, why do I think everything needs it’s own post and tons of hours devoted to pulling together a review? When I got started as a blogger 9 years ago, I blogged so frequently and my recipe was usually that I’d produce a few big stories each week, a few mid-size ones, and then a bunch of quickies here and there. While everyone else is talking about slow blogging at the moment, I just want to go my own way and blog more frequently and share what I see, but not necessarily make every post one that took me a day to pull together. So in honor of the blogger I once was, who I now want to become again, I’m going to blog daily and just follow my heart. Not every post will be something major, but at least I can use this space to do what I do best – spotlight all of the things that I love and to do it freely and somewhat easily.

Here are 8 lovely things that I found this weekend:

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend
1. Me&Mats jewelry. I was sent a beautiful necklace, Mister Grey, as a gift and wore it with my new oversized beige cashmere sweater, a pair of jeans and my new boots with neon indigo blue trim. I felt like a million bucks in this necklace. I truly love it.
8 Things I Found This Past Weekend

2. A stack of Anthology magazines that I was missing in my collection. Gosh I love this magazine so much.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend
3. These fun little Hoptimist figures from Concept Room are finally unpacked and ready to put somewhere in my home. They are so sweet and bouncy. One is definitely going into the baby’s room for his shelf (the ones he cannot reach yet!).

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend
4. A kit from always inspiring Studio Calico. I love laying out everything and just looking at it. Ahhhh.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend

5. My quilt is finished! I’ve been working on this quilt for an embarrassingly long time. I decided to send it out to be quilted after I put it all together and it came back looking gorgeous. I’m so happy because this was a lot of work. Now I want to make more. Thank you Brigitte, you did a gorgeous job!

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend

6. I’m prepping a “foodie” shoot for the decor8 shop. Here you can see some of the things I’ll soon feature above like the gorgeous serving board is from Arayna Jensen, the print from Colour Moon and these gorgeous linen napkins from Celina Mancurti that are to die for. I’m so proud that I stock handmade products that are made so beautifully.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend
7. I started looking through my Superfront catalog, choosing my plan of attack for hacking my IKEA cabinets in my office. I’ll let you know what I decide upon. All I can say is that Superfront rocks.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend
8. Flipping through Milk Decoration magazine, given to me by my friend who just returned from France. I’m so glad this was part of my weekend. So inspiring.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend

And finally, because I haven’t blogged about him in so long… Here is my little Aidan with his daddy. He turned 8 months old on October 9th. He is such a darling boy. He started crawling at 6 months and is standing too but hasn’t walked on his own yet – we’re thinking he’ll start walking at 10 months. He’s so close!!!

So those are 8 things that I found this weekend. I hope you had a nice weekend and found some good stuff too. – Holly

(images: holly becker for decor8)

23 Comments

• Reply Trisha October 20, 2014 at 5:31 pm

These have always been my favorite types of blog posts…Random findings with sources for curious minds like mine. And, I absolutely love your quilt! It’s so pretty. I think I’ll have to try your blogging recipe, too, since it’s a classic! :) Thanks for sharing your weekend. – Trisha

• Reply Polly Rowan October 20, 2014 at 8:00 pm

I actually prefer these quick posts! Especially as they’re picking out the little things which are often the happiest. I love your more polished posts too, but I’m looking forward to reading more posts like this :)
    I agree that I put way more thought into my posts than I did 4 years ago, and sometimes mine now come out less natural because of it. I think it’s because there’s so much competition nowadays! I like the idea of taking it back to basics again x

• Reply Mnêmosunê October 20, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Hi Holly,
    I love this kind of quick post, full of your personality, your thoughts and amazing ideas !
    Aidan is so cute with this snowy beanie !

• Reply Mnêmosunê October 20, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Mnêmosunê,

Sorry I wanted to say “cloudy beanie” and not snowy !

• Reply Quote Quote October 20, 2014 at 9:30 pm

A decor8 shop??? How exciting!!!

• Reply Renee October 20, 2014 at 10:25 pm

I love that you decided to write this short and sweet post. It is great – keep them coming!

xo
    Renee

• Reply Kendra October 20, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Love this post, its good to get back to doing what you love and not just following what everyone thinks we should do! I look forward to all your posts :)

• Reply Norma October 20, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I love these type of posts!!!! Keep doing them~~~.

• Reply Elizabeth dalton October 20, 2014 at 10:51 pm

I really enjoy these quick posts as I flick onto your blog prob several times a day during breaks etc and it’s nice to see little blogs of inspiration and happiness

• Reply Elizabeth dalton October 20, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Ps Aidan is super cute!

• Reply Christian Kocx October 20, 2014 at 11:25 pm

I just want to say Superfront is one of my favourites! I’m still thinking what to hack. I’m still in the process of decorating my home so there is still room for some HACKING! ;-)

Oh and I must say that Aidan is adorable!

• Reply Rachel Cunliffe October 21, 2014 at 4:13 am

I love this sort of post too – it’s more intimate and I can “hear” your voice coming through stronger. Thanks Holly!

• Reply Jen October 21, 2014 at 4:39 am

Loved every second of that quick post Holly!

• Reply Laurence W October 21, 2014 at 6:38 am

I like this kind of post too. Your quilt is beautiful and Little Aidan is so cute !

• Reply Marie October 21, 2014 at 8:45 am

Fantastic post !! I just found your blog and I looooove it !
    Milk Magazine is great, I literally jumped on it when I see the new issue on magazine stands !! You should get their newsletter too, they are not overwhelming your inbox and they are super cool !
    Your little one is a cute one too !
    Thanks for sharing your week-end,
    Looking forward to hear more from you…oups, read more from you :)
    Marie

• Reply Mami - claire schmidt October 21, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Lovely photo of your son and daddy. I think both will love the hoptimist figures. They are very funny!

• Reply Leslie October 22, 2014 at 7:21 am

I really like the shorter more real life posts. Keep them coming!

• Reply Inge October 22, 2014 at 10:26 am

I wanted to say so much, but I forgot it all when I saw adorable cutie pie Aidan! ;-) Love your post, and especially love the last picture…
    Love and hugs, Inge x

• Reply Diva79 October 22, 2014 at 11:42 am

I chanced upon your blog and instantly fell in love with it. I started a home and interior blog but it never took off the way decor 8 did. Need to work harder and your blog posts are very inspirational! :)

• Reply lisa don October 22, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Yeay! I love a little decor8 fix, not everything in life has to be super detailed & put together! Looking forward more posts : )

• Reply Malena October 22, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Hy Holly! I´m a graphic designer from Argentina, I became a big fan of your blog, always cute and inspiring.
    Just say thanks for make me look life from little details, the esence of everything!

• Reply Samantha October 22, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Love this blog post, your photos and am a fellow lover of Anthology magazine. Rock on, Holly! :)

• Reply sofia plana photography October 24, 2014 at 11:38 am

Love this ! How cute is that Studio Calico kit! That was my first one to get :) I did a little bit of the page with the Stay golden card last night ! love it so much !!