I really enjoyed the first installation of 8 Things I Found This Past Weekend so I decided to do another and maybe I’ll continue with these because I love sharing bits of the precious, unique, interesting and/or simply cool stuff that I discover. Plus, I love to shop for myself, my family and friends which means I come across a lot of good stuff in my pursuit of cute. Here are 8 things that made me smile, I hope they do the same for you.
1. iPAD SLEEVE. Finally! I found the perfect soft gold leather sleeve for my iPad and a big bonus, it has an interiors scene on the inside. I purchased it at Raumformplan in Hannover, it’s a Dutch brand called Keecie. I’ve also ordered this in minty dusty green from the Keecie web shop today to pop in my handbag to hold my iPhone 6 Plus – it’s the perfect size.
2. GIFT BAGS + TAGS. I bought these from Ferm Living for gift giving – a nice change from the typical gift bags with ribbon handles. I love the geometric tags and stickers too.
3. COOKBOOK. Karen Mordechai, whom I’ve met in person several times (she is as lovely as you’d expect!) wrote her debut book, Sunday Suppers, named after the supper club she started that sells out each time she throws one in her super bombastic Brooklyn studio. This woman is a dynamo. This cookbook is gorgeous. A big thanks to her literary agent for passing a copy along to me.
6. MINI SUITCASE. I just had to have this little hedgehog suitcase for Aidan’s room. We have these critters running around outside, you’ll find them in gardens and in the forest behind my house, and I just adore them. This was also from the Hannover shop, Goldfisch, but the label inside traces its origins to the Dot Com Gift Shop.
7. BABY BOOTS. After spending way too much money on handmade leather shoes for my crawling baby boy, I decided that it was just plan frivolous spending to spend so much money on shoes for a child that doesn’t even walk. Since we still take him to the sandbox in the playground, and for long stroller rides each day, his little feet still need protecting from the elements. I found these beige boots at our local H&M and fell in love with not only the low price but how adorbable they look on his tiny legs with his leggings tucked into them. It is way more fun than I imagined to dress a little boy.
8. WALLPAPER. This golden pineapple wallpaper, Pina Sola, by Aimee Wilder is being installed in my entryway AS I TYPE THIS. I can’t WAIT to show you guys the before and after. You can follow the progress on my Instagram account @decor8. My current entry way does not say WELCOME, it says GO AWAY. That had to change. Why not use an emblem of hospitality, and something that connects me to my southern heritage – the pineapple?
Hope you enjoyed my finds! Spot anything you love?
(images: holly becker for decor8)