Round-ups

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend

November 5, 2014

I really enjoyed the first installation of 8 Things I Found This Past Weekend so I decided to do another and maybe I’ll continue with these because I love sharing bits of the precious, unique, interesting and/or simply cool stuff that I discover. Plus, I love to shop for myself, my family and friends which means I come across a lot of good stuff in my pursuit of cute. Here are 8 things that made me smile, I hope they do the same for you.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend
1. iPAD SLEEVE. Finally! I found the perfect soft gold leather sleeve for my iPad and a big bonus, it has an interiors scene on the inside. I purchased it at Raumformplan in Hannover, it’s a Dutch brand called Keecie. I’ve also ordered this in minty dusty green from the Keecie web shop today to pop in my handbag to hold my iPhone 6 Plus – it’s the perfect size.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend
2. GIFT BAGS + TAGS. I bought these from Ferm Living for gift giving – a nice change from the typical gift bags with ribbon handles. I love the geometric tags and stickers too.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend
3. COOKBOOK. Karen Mordechai, whom I’ve met in person several times (she is as lovely as you’d expect!) wrote her debut book, Sunday Suppers, named after the supper club she started that sells out each time she throws one in her super bombastic Brooklyn studio. This woman is a dynamo. This cookbook is gorgeous. A big thanks to her literary agent for passing a copy along to me.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend

4. NESTING DOLLS. I picked up these plastic animal nesting dolls at a favorite local shop called Goldfisch in Hannover (Linden). They are from a Swedish brand called OMM Design.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend

5. CARDS. I found these cards at another great shop in Hannover (Linden) called Gunilla. I love that 3 out of 4 of them have stuff that you can remove and use. They are by Petra Boase in the UK.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend
6. MINI SUITCASE. I just had to have this little hedgehog suitcase for Aidan’s room. We have these critters running around outside, you’ll find them in gardens and in the forest behind my house, and I just adore them. This was also from the Hannover shop, Goldfisch, but the label inside traces its origins to the Dot Com Gift Shop.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend

7. BABY BOOTS. After spending way too much money on handmade leather shoes for my crawling baby boy, I decided that it was just plan frivolous spending to spend so much money on shoes for a child that doesn’t even walk. Since we still take him to the sandbox in the playground, and for long stroller rides each day, his little feet still need protecting from the elements. I found these beige boots at our local H&M and fell in love with not only the low price but how adorbable they look on his tiny legs with his leggings tucked into them. It is way more fun than I imagined to dress a little boy.

8 Things I Found This Past Weekend

8. WALLPAPER. This golden pineapple wallpaper, Pina Sola, by Aimee Wilder is being installed in my entryway AS I TYPE THIS. I can’t WAIT to show you guys the before and after. You can follow the progress on my Instagram account @decor8. My current entry way does not say WELCOME, it says GO AWAY. That had to change. Why not use an emblem of hospitality, and something that connects me to my southern heritage – the pineapple?

Hope you enjoyed my finds! Spot anything you love?

(images: holly becker for decor8)

12 Comments

• Reply iris November 5, 2014 at 9:36 am

Nice items. I love those giftbags and tags. Really cute :)

• Reply Francesca November 5, 2014 at 10:00 am

I love the iPad sleeve and the gold-dipped gift tags! perfect for the holidays x

x Francesca of primpandpaper.blogspot.com/

• Reply Iclal November 5, 2014 at 10:57 am

I really love are your finds! Especially the iPAD sleeve! I gave my iPAD to my aunt and now I wish I didn’t just so I could buy it! :) I also love the wallpapers, I wish I wasn’t living in a rental, because I would love to put up wallpaper. I can’t wait to see how yours turns out!

passionandparanoia.com

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente November 5, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Sigh…..why do I love round ups SO much?! I just do & love seeing the pretty things you have found. I am in love with that wallpaper, perfect for an entryway….and those tiny boots! I miss buying tiny shoes for my girls!
    Xo
    Melis

• Reply Candice@NotesFromABroad November 5, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I love the hedgehogs and the nesting dolls ( we have a set given to us by my mother in law from Russia) and I must have those little boots. I know a baby that is now walking and he needs a pair of cool boots !
    I enjoy shopping with you :)

** I enjoy shopping**

• Reply Polly Rowan November 5, 2014 at 3:29 pm

I LOVE that pineapple wallpaper! And those booties are the cutest things <3

• Reply Aga | Passion shake November 5, 2014 at 8:10 pm

I love the gift tags and bags – the patterns, the stickers and how great they look all together! So pretty ♥

• Reply Theresa D. November 5, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Obsessed with that wallpaper! Would love to find a way to use it in my rental apartment. Great find!

Theresa
    honesttrees.wordpress.com

• Reply La Pepa November 6, 2014 at 12:08 am

Lovely post! Love baby shoes – really cute! I would buy it for my daughter :D She has quite similar from Zara, maybe more girly version but same model.
    And I love gift tags – use them all the time!!! :)

• Reply MIREYA PIZARRO November 6, 2014 at 5:26 am

I love the mini suitcase and the cards!

• Reply Janet Wilson November 6, 2014 at 4:43 pm

OH my – what delightful products! LOVE the Keecie items. Do they ship to the USA? I looked at the website but couldn’t really see :(

• Reply merilyn November 6, 2014 at 8:04 pm

I wouldn’t be able to resist those little boots! … how adorable are they holly?
    put thick socks in there and he will still be able to fit into them when he is walking … maybe!!! just gorgeous to keep after too! lol m:)X