Inspiration

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes

November 26, 2014

If you celebrate Christmas, you will love this board that I put together to inspire you on Pinterest – though I must confess that lots of the ideas are versatile enough that you can tweak them to fit your style, your religion, your life. There are lots of pretty decorating ideas to be found and some recipes, too. Here is but a glimpse below…

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes 1. giant diy balloon ornaments from studio diy.

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes 1. pine tree cookies from natalia from blog fotograficzny.

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes

3. diy ornaments with paint and paper from knot magazine.

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes 4. diy tree cards by cecilieslykke.

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes

5. A gorgeous table setting that is delft blue inspired by holly marder, photography by anouschka rokebrand.

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes 6. A simple wreath made from colored string lights on 101 woonideeen.

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes 7. trees on tin cans for wrapping gifts and 8. hand painted ornaments by cecilieslykke.

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes

9. golden walnut placecard holders from knot magazine.

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes 10. socks in all sizes as an advent calendar by cecilieslykke.

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes
11. yummy spiced advocaat custard recipe from what’s for lunch honey.

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes

12. A washi tape snowflake diy from knot magazine.

13 Creative Christmas Ideas + Recipes
13. A delicious and beautifully decorated gugelhupf german winter cake recipe by lebenslustiger.

So many festive ideas, don’t you think? I hope you like looking through my board on Pinterest for more beautiful ideas, too. xo, Holly

(images linked to their sources above.)

13 Comments

• Reply Kirsty Holloway November 26, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Love the walnut place idea :) Those are super cute.

• Reply All things nice... November 26, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Great ideas, I’m more old school and prefer traditional Christmas colours of red and white but great ideas. Exciting Christmas for you this year, baby Aidan’s first Christmas :)

All things nice…

• Reply Emily November 26, 2014 at 11:57 pm

I love this post – the only thing is that it’s proving nearly impossible to find the original links (which is kind of the curse of Pinterest). Any chance you would update with the direct links? Especially the sites that aren’t in English are impossible to search!

• Reply decor8 November 27, 2014 at 9:07 am

@Emily – For which one – they all point to their source.

• Reply bobs November 27, 2014 at 12:07 am

Lovely ideas…..thanks for putting them all in one place….I especially like the giant baubles idea!

• Reply Jaclyn November 27, 2014 at 4:31 am

This is perfect timing for me, thanks! I’m decorating our home on Friday and was just trying to come up with some different ideas for this year. I really love the washi tape snowflakes and the giant balloon ornaments! Both look easy, but make a statement!

• Reply Patrizia November 27, 2014 at 8:41 am

Lovely inspiration.

• Reply Cathy Lavictoire November 27, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Stunning collection, I love it all especially the washi snowflake. x

• Reply Sarah November 28, 2014 at 10:07 am

You’ve found some great ideas here Holly. I love the sock advent calendar – just gorgeous.

Sarah x

• Reply tara November 29, 2014 at 8:32 am

Love the washi tape snowflakes.

• Reply Carnet Déco November 29, 2014 at 11:06 am

Very good ideas ! I love the golden walnut placecard holders, beautiful on a christmas table, and the socks.

• Reply Erin December 1, 2014 at 2:44 am

Cake looks very festive! Should add this cake on my holiday party! More dishes at http://goo.gl/vTdi9M . Am inspired with your blog! Should try the designs too!

• Reply sue December 1, 2014 at 10:34 pm

love that gugelhopf cake, might have a go at something similar. What i find difficult here in Germany is finding nice cake decorations. Any tips?