Trends

December 1, 2014

It’s December 1st and I’m here with my nearly 10-month-old baby thinking about how at this time last year, he was still growing inside of me and we were renovating a new apartment, I was planning his nursery design while packing boxes, seeing friends, planning a house sale and waddling through Christmas markets like a little penguin. And here we are now, a year later, with so much behind us and so much ahead – it’s quite amazing what can happen in a year isn’t it? And I know many of you, like me, are so busy thinking of winter or the holidays, etc. that spring feels very far but it’s not – in fact, some companies have already begun to unveil their 2015 collections. Would you like to take a peek out of sheer curiosity of course to see what some of the trends will be? Here are a few glimpses from Bloomingville in Denmark – pastels, wire, simple forms, ceramics, rattan, botanicals, birds, shiny globe pendants, geometrics, marble, gold, plants, cork… All of my favorite things!

Spring European Interior Trends 2015

See more here at Bloomingville.

Gorgeous!

(images: bloomingville)

9 Comments

• Reply hayley Pinker December 1, 2014 at 2:19 pm

So lovely and fresh! Loving the geometric vases, really fond of them at moment in schemes x

• Reply tara December 1, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Loving so much about this spread. I love the light fixture in the first photo, the hanging plant pots, and the large bin in the last photo. I feel like that bin could be used and repurposed throughout the years in so many ways! Thanks for sharing.

absolutelytara.com

• Reply samantha December 1, 2014 at 5:14 pm

i love Bloomingville, its currently one of my favorite brands. cant wait for the spring!

• Reply Voluptuous Hypothesis December 1, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Not sure what having something hairy hanging about is all about. Not looking for the random bit of shagginess my my decor but to each his own.

• Reply Kathleen December 1, 2014 at 5:44 pm

I so love the boxes to fill and arrange! Right up my alley. Wish they were in the U.S. Rarely do I look at a sight and like everything but I do. I really do!! Fun.

• Reply Amber Rhodes December 1, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Love the floral plates! They are just so pretty, I want them all!

• Reply Jem December 2, 2014 at 11:56 am

I’ve found that their collections look stunning, but there’s a reason it’s mostly only sold online – when you pick it up it, the quality doesn’t match up to the price.

I bought a few items from their last collection and was amazingly disappointed by the quality. A shelf unit that looked to be made from ply, was made from such a low quality softwood that it may well be Balsa (I never found out), and a supposedly Copper-plated hexagonal plinth seems in part to indeed be copper, but in other parts is clearly copper coloured spray paint over terribly welded steel with cracks in the joints etc.

(My experience only, but thught worth sharing).

• Reply Jess December 2, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Jem,

I find this is the most frustrating thing about shopping online – you can’t trust price to dictate quality and everyone’s standards are different, so it makes it really hard! Especially when you want to ensure you’re getting your hard earned money’s worth.

• Reply Lucy Chen December 3, 2014 at 7:43 am

Em… maybe I can grow some bamboo indoor in pots, too.