Color Inspiration

Winter Styling With Metallics + Pastels

December 22, 2014

Dietlind Wolf has been on the blog before because she’s a huge inspiration to me. Whenever I need a creative lift, I dive into her blog and soak it all in. In fact, she is one of the best interior stylists in the world in my opinion – so forward thinking – nothing ever looks stagnant and I never feel like I’ve already seen it a million times. Several years ago we had a long chat on the phone about doing a workshop together and I’m still considering it because I’d love to be a part of any classroom experience with her. Have a look at some of her recent styling work which appeared as a supplement recently in Brigitte magazine. Isn’t this all just so fabulously inspiring?

Winter Styling With Metallics + Pastels

Winter Styling With Metallics + Pastels

Winter Styling With Metallics + Pastels

Winter Styling With Metallics + Pastels

Winter Styling With Metallics + Pastels

Winter Styling With Metallics + Pastels

Winter Styling With Metallics + Pastels

Winter Styling With Metallics + Pastels

Winter Styling With Metallics + Pastels

I don’t know about you, but seeing these pretty things and this fab color palette really made me smile today. This makes me think of Kirsten Dunst in the 2006 film, Marie Antoinette… I loved that film — the set design, costumes, all of it.

Winter Styling With Metallics + Pastels

Heavenly!

(images: dietlind wolf except for kirsten dunst, courtesy of fan pop)

11 Comments

• Reply Kiara King December 23, 2014 at 2:03 am

Such beautiful images! I kind of want to dip my towels in metallic paint right now, hahaha.

lioninthewild.com

• Reply Amber Rhodes December 23, 2014 at 5:33 am

I’m in agreement with you, gorgeous colour palette! Lovely combination.

• Reply Nicola Fanstone December 23, 2014 at 6:51 am

Stunning, all these colours are so beautiful and warm. I agree her blog is full of inspiration!
    If you do go ahead with a workshop with Dietlind Wolf count me in! What a great learning experience that would be.

• Reply Claudia Falcao December 23, 2014 at 8:21 am

It’s heavenly indeed. This post is so inspirational. It makes my day when I got such wonderful content on my inbox.

• Reply decor8 December 23, 2014 at 10:28 am

@Claudia – Thank you! We have Dietlind to thank!

• Reply Lucy Chen December 23, 2014 at 8:30 am

I love metallic, and it’s actually quite hard to take a photo that does it justice.

Aren’t the costumes beautiful in the movie? I can’t help but think that if Marie Antoinette would spare a tiny fraction of her clothes money on the people, then we wouldn’t have the violent revolution.

• Reply David Carrero December 23, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Such beautiful photos and images! I like it.

• Reply Ella December 23, 2014 at 7:14 pm

I love the color+metal combo. All of these shots remind of something but I can’t put my finger on it… beautiful, at any rate!

• Reply Danny December 24, 2014 at 11:25 am

Always been a fan of pink. Awesome images there!

• Reply Michelle January 7, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Thanks for sharing! It really makes me smile :)

• Reply Tanja Glazar February 19, 2016 at 5:40 pm

amazing beautiful! just fall in love with rose-gold paper :) I’d like to have a wallpapeer of it :)