Inspiration

Unsplash Free Photos

June 3, 2015

Have you heard of Unsplash? It’s such an inspiring concept. You simply go to their site and you’ll find FREE (do whatever you want with them) high-resolution photos, 10 new photos every 10 days, all donated by photographers globally. “All photos published on Unsplash are licensed under Creative Commons Zero which means you can copy, modify, distribute and use the photos for free, including commercial purposes, without asking permission from or providing attribution to the photographer or Unsplash”, wow! To give just for the sake of giving.

Unsplash Free Photos

How nice in a world where everything comes with a price. I also like that Unsplash has a gallery showing what creatives have done with some of these images here. I find that I’m really drawn towards the photos with people in them at the moment. In fact, I’m very drawn in by lifestyle photography depicting people doing nothing in particular, just a still of a moment frozen in time, it’s almost poetic but also somewhat fragile while being strong at the same time. Vulnerable, raw, authentic. I think more and more we are all just craving to be at peace with ourselves and others. Photography that portrays peace of heart is freeing and beautiful.

Unsplash Free Photos

Unsplash Free Photos

Unsplash Free Photos

Unsplash Free Photos

Unsplash Free Photos

Do check them out.

(images: unsplash)

14 Comments

• Reply Kaleigh June 3, 2015 at 10:03 pm

This is so brilliant! I am so glad someone thought of this, and I’m even more happy that artists agree to share at no cost. If only there was more of this “something for nothing” type of thinking in this world! kudos to all that are willing to share their beauty!

• Reply Jennifer June 3, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Love, love, love this! I could spend all afternoon just scrolling through photos!

• Reply Heidy June 3, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Hi Holly,
    Thank you soo much for sharing. Begeisterung pur!!!!!
    After a Family-vacation in Austria I’m very much drawn to all those rough, lonely mountain pictures. I’ll von back to unplash Onkel I have a idea of where to put one of those very nice pictures.
    Have a nice Long Weekend… It’ s supposed to be verrrryyyy hot and definitely “freibadwetter”.
    H.

• Reply Theresa June 3, 2015 at 10:45 pm

Thank you for sharing this wonderful resource. The photos are amazing and the inspiration is endless!

• Reply Desiree Fawn June 4, 2015 at 2:21 am

I use Unsplash alllll the time and I love it! <3 So much wonderful images. Death to the Stock Photo is another fave :)

• Reply bethania June 4, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Adorable! What an emblematic post for a new era! Thank you, Holly.

• Reply Leanne June 4, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Such a great resource. Thank you for sharing!

• Reply Nina Helmsmüller June 4, 2015 at 10:09 pm

These pictures…thanks for sharing this resource

• Reply Summer Hogan June 5, 2015 at 4:52 am

What a great site! Thank you so much for sharing!!

• Reply Ilse June 5, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Yes, I have known about Unsplash for a while and absolutely love it. I do always credit the photographer when I use an image, just because I want to :)

• Reply Andrea Burnett June 8, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Wow! What a goldmine! Thank you so much for sharing. I’m excited to get to use these images. What an awesome gift for a Monday morning!!

• Reply Barbra Ignatiev June 9, 2015 at 3:17 am

Oooo I agree with you there. Love the still shots – does capture a feeling of being at peace, doing nothing in particular.

• Reply Michelle June 14, 2015 at 12:05 am

I’ve been looking for some good stock photos! They seem more unique than the ones I’ve come cross in the past–definitely worth sharing! Thank you!

• Reply Jessica April 3, 2016 at 10:59 pm

Oh I love Unsplash!! So many great pictures. I really like the nature ones. Like a mysterious forest or a powerful wave. Love it.