Objects

Cloud 7: Portraits of Dog Owners & Their Dogs

September 6, 2015

I’ve just returned from Amsterdam where I was working with a few lovely creative women on a book project so it was SO nice to receive a solid submission in my inbox today! It’s easy to feel a bit lazy after returning from a work trip – I have so much on my mind and with looming deadlines, I love it when someone sends me a submission that is as good as if I had sourced it myself. This one comes from Berlin from a new company called Cloud 7 which is completely focused on providing beautiful, quality products for dogs. I don’t usually write about pets and products for them on decor8, but since dog beds are part of a room, it isn’t a bad idea to actually buy one that looks good and fits your decor, right? The ones from Cloud 7 are totally my style – tactical, cozy, natural-looking and discreet – no crazy patterns or something that clashes with my home style.

Cloud 7: Portraits of Dog Owners & Their Dogs
Cloud 7 produces high quality products like beds, bags, bowls, collars, leashes and other accessories for dogs and are produced fair trade from eco-friendly materials. I love their ceramic chalkboard bowls, canvas dog bag, tweed travel bed, and their many lovely dog beds. My little boy will be 19-months-old in a few days and he loves dogs way more than I notice other kids his age do, so it makes me wonder if a little dog is in our future… He runs up to them and wants to kiss and hug each dog he meets, so I’ve naturally had to teach him good manners with dogs so he approaches less “full on” and more gently to avoid scaring them. I love watching him around dogs though, he reacts to them so differently than he does other animals. I’m definitely considering adding a dog to our family in the next few years since I grew up with them and always loved having them around. We’ll see…

Do you have dogs? Any suggestions for good breeds for children? Pugs are a very popular dog in Germany – some apartments you cannot rent with dogs but if you have a pug, a landlord will often make an exception since they are such a loved breed here. I didn’t realize this until I relocated to Germany, it came as a big surprise to me.

Cloud 7: Portraits of Dog Owners & Their Dogs

Cloud 7: Portraits of Dog Owners & Their Dogs

Cloud 7: Portraits of Dog Owners & Their Dogs

Cloud 7: Portraits of Dog Owners & Their Dogs

Cloud 7: Portraits of Dog Owners & Their Dogs

If you love dogs, you’ll enjoy these portraits from Cloud 7 as part of a recent campaign they’ve done… I’ve posted a few above because they are so nice. I love warm and friendly little creatures, I find animals one of the best things in life to be quite honest. People can come and go, make and break you, but little pets are just such a joy.

I wish you all a wonderful Labor Day weekend (in the USA) and to the rest of my dear friends online, I’ll see you tomorrow! Woof!

(images: cloud 7)

16 Comments

• Reply MissLilly September 6, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Love it!!! Really great photos and impossible not to smile :)

• Reply MGM September 6, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Amazing pictures. And yay for dogs. Labradors are great with children, or chocolate lab loves being around children (sometimes a bit too much, we’ve unfortunately caused some crying kids here and there due to face licking and jumping around) and lying close to them as they play. It’s important to teach your son how to approach dogs, you never know their history, even though they might look cute. That might turn into something unpleasant for both him and the dog. Love the Cloud 7 stuff!

• Reply Lucy Moore September 6, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Very nice photos, and I love cloud 7..
    If your thinking of getting a dog then rescue is such a great way to go. ;o)

• Reply Cate September 6, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Sehr süß! I know in Leipzig and Berlin that you can have dogs in the vast majority of apartments as long as they are under 5kg in weight. Hence Berlin is full of panting pugs and insanely cute french bulldogs!

• Reply iHanna September 6, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Totally did not even SEE the dog beds first, just the great diptychs. Awesome photos, makes me smile.

• Reply Laurel September 6, 2015 at 11:08 pm

We have two dogs; Stormy is the baby, she is a purebred Aussie border collie and almost 2, and Cooper is the old man of the family. He’s a mix of border collie, blue heeler and lab. He’s about 6. We also have a 2.5 son and another due in a few weeks. Our dogs are so good with our son and such a wonderful part of our family. Yes, they are messy and a little demanding, but they are also loving and loyal. They love our boy and I can’t imagine our family without them!

We are also lucky in the sense that our border collie doesn’t herd or nip, and we have strict rules about when and where they can be in our house. Since they are on the medium/large side, we mostly keep them confined to our kitchen, which is large enough for them to hang out in and where we spend a lot of our time in the house. The kitchen also has a door to the backyard, where they spend a lot of their time. They aren’t allowed in our son’s bedroom and they can only come into the living room in the evenings when we are relaxing. I know this sounds nutty maybe, but they love structure and totally respect the rules. It keeps the mess at bay and we don’t have to worry about accidents on rugs (from them, with our son it’s a different story). Anyway, if you are thinking about getting a dog, I recommend them! I also think they are so much easier once you’ve cared for a child under the age of 1, ha!

• Reply Coveted Home September 7, 2015 at 12:24 am

Yes! These portraits are so fantastic. They really capture the subjects’ personalities and relationships. Golden retrievers are great with kids! They are quite a bit larger than pugs, though… :)

~Rachel

• Reply Serena | Pretty Fluffy September 7, 2015 at 2:37 am

I love Cloud 7 – they have the perfect combination of stylish and perfectly designed wares for dogs. Every new range is something unique and gorgeous.

As for dogs for children, Golden Retrievers and Labradors are beautiful with young children. Pugs are great playmates for kids, and gorgeous family dogs, however you just need to make sure your children play gently with them as they have very delicate features and can be a little more fragile than other breeds.

Dogs make such lovely additions to the family Holly – you’d love it! (Oh and if you can rescue a pup as well they will love you even more) x

• Reply Amber Rhodes September 7, 2015 at 5:10 am

These are gorgeous puppy photos! I had a kelpie but she ran away, and my husband has a kelpie but she stays on the farm being a working dog. Love dogs!
    Amber

• Reply Michelle September 7, 2015 at 9:23 am

8 months ago we got a puppy for our daughter – she had lobbied us for a long time! We have a cross-breed – Schnauzer / Poodle (miniature) – a Schnoodle! – she is a fabulous addition to our family – non shedding, very intelligent, really easy to train, not too large and very affectionate. Although I was initially reluctant I would really recommend this type of dog for a family – really good fun.

• Reply julia I mintlametta September 8, 2015 at 9:33 pm

the portraits are wonderful! there was a special exhibition of Cloud 7 at the Norman Copenhagen Store in Copenhagen almost 2 years ago where I first met this wonderful brand and some of their products, love them a lot and the concept behind…. all the best – julia

• Reply mel September 10, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Oh I love this campaign Holly, so creative! I’ve really noticed more and more pet accessories for the home that actually look cool. Such a difference from even ten years ago. My kids are on our backs about a dog too and I want to get one for them but the responsibility…

• Reply T September 10, 2015 at 11:33 pm

What a cool project. I think dogs are great for kids once they are a little older but worth doing your research. You can do our funny breed quiz or see our breed library. I ended up adopting a Pug called Kilo. He is very nutty and demands a lot of attention when he is awake, but he is the cutest little love bug. X Susie

• Reply qlkowa September 11, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Beautiful pictures!

• Reply Tamarindie September 14, 2015 at 6:15 am

I just love the idea of this blog post! It is amazing how happy both owners and dogs are!

• Reply Kirsten September 14, 2015 at 4:22 pm

A dog in the family is always a good idea. I recommend a Labradoodle, a mix between Lab and Poodle. You can choose between different sizes, depending on the type of poodle crossed in – mini, medium or standard. They are playful, absolutely loyal, very friendly, highly intelligent and easy to train. They have no problems to adapt to the ever changing schedules of a family because they are so uncomplicated.
    Pugs are lovely because they are so absolutely peacful and friendly. They tend to have breathing problems though and sometimes need surgery. I’d go for one of the lines breeding pugs with a somewhat “longer” nose.