DIY, Flowers

DIY: Romantic + Classy Flower Arrangement In White

March 23, 2016

Hello dear decor8 readers, it’s Anastasia here again, with a fresh flower column! Traveling is a big passion of mine and two weeks ago I was lucky enough to make a trip to the Baltic Sea. Often I get asked where inspiration finds me. It’s exactly trips like this these that make me go home fully energized, with a vision that needs to be shared.

DIY: Romantic + Classy Flower Arrangement In White

Anastasia Benko for decor8

At the Baltic Sea, I was expecting a windy, stormy and dramatic coast. My other expectation included sunny but crisp cold days, beginning with a white frost. Let me tell you, none of it happened! It was all an illusion because when we arrived the sun disappeared and a hazy curtain covered the scenery.At first, it was disappointing since I like to wander around all day, discovering details so I can bring back an enormous selection of photographs. None of this became reality as most photos turned out to be quite boring, without any contrast. I took a few snaps, but then I decided to put the camera aside and to just enjoy my weekend off. However, I did notice one thing that took me by surprise: the natural light is different in northern Germany versus where I’m from… Despite the hazy weather, my surroundings were illuminated with a certain brightness, regardless of whether I was indoors or out. Having experienced this kind of light, I had to bring home this feeling and wanted to create a translucent, crystal-clear and pure flower arrangement for all of you today.

I decided to use delicate white ranunculus and white parrot tulips since they are in season here and since, if you are a little like me, you can’t wait for spring to arrive and to me ranunculus and tulips are the most gorgeous signs of spring! Having waited for a long time, I’m ready for the bright, sunny months to arrive!

DIY: Romantic + Classy Flower Arrangement In White

Anastasia Benko for decor8

The first thing I did before beginning the arrangement is that I created a gorgeous origami trend-inspired paper tile wall as a proper backdrop. I then used a large black metal vessel and floral foam to stabilize the abundance of flowers and begin to clip and sculpt my flowers in place.

DIY: Romantic + Classy Flower Arrangement In White

Anastasia Benko for decor8

I first put in some large ranunculus into the floral foam, the stems looking in all directions to balance the big floral arrangement.

DIY: Romantic + Classy Flower Arrangement In White

Anastasia Benko for decor8

DIY: Romantic + Classy Flower Arrangement In White

Anastasia Benko for decor8

Little by little, I added smaller stems and also, the parrot tulips.

DIY: Romantic + Classy Flower Arrangement In White

Anastasia Benko for decor8

In the end, I added some twigs to the bottom, but only on the left side to give it an interesting and modern look, though it’s still quite romantic. I stepped back and saw that I had created an exhilarating floral arrangement that reminded me of the trip to the Baltic Sea and the exceptional light there! Wild, white and natural.

DIY: Romantic + Classy Flower Arrangement In White

Anastasia Benko for decor8

My wish is that this arrangement brightened up your day and I’m looking forward to bring you more happiness in the next flower column, when I’ll be back here on April 18th. See you again soon! – Anastasia

(Text, Photography, Styling: Anastasia Benko. Editor: Holly Becker)

• Reply Halee March 23, 2016 at 5:46 pm

This is beautiful! Do ranunculus and tulips have strong stems? If I made an arrangement like this I would be worried that the flowers would be weak and fall over.

• Reply Courtney @ Foxwood Forest March 23, 2016 at 8:58 pm

I just love how flowers can bring a nice feminine vibe to a room or setting! Lovely.

• Reply Sharon / tpt March 23, 2016 at 9:45 pm

I really do go Wedding in my mind with white flowers. But are these gorgeous? Heck yes! And your origami background is surreal~

• Reply vintageandart. March 23, 2016 at 10:06 pm

The paper tiles look amazing…the arrangement is so pretty, styled but not overly so.

• Reply Eden Passante March 24, 2016 at 1:24 am

SO gorgeous! Love the flowers you chose and that they’re all white! Love!

• Reply Kimberly Yoghourtjian March 24, 2016 at 3:14 am

I make wreaths. Do people generally go for neutral colors?

• Reply Stevkah March 24, 2016 at 9:04 am

Pretty white arrengement- makes me want to have one too!!!

• Reply kate March 24, 2016 at 7:48 pm

white is always lovely. simple and clean. I like the oval basin that you put the arrangement in as well, could be use for a multitude of things really. Decorative balls, or rocks with flowers anything!

• Reply Rasheda March 25, 2016 at 12:00 am

Hello lovely!
    Absolutely stunning…! Totally in love with your beautiful creations. White works so perfectly here. Really loving what I’m seeing and such a pleasure to read. So pretty and inspirational. Looking forward to next months flower column!
    Love and wishes x

• Reply sisi lalala March 25, 2016 at 3:51 am

These flowers are wonderful and thanks for your sharing!

• Reply Simone March 25, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Beautifully done and nicely creative!

• Reply Kayleigh March 27, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Very beautiful! I just love white interiors :)

• Reply Sheryl Slazak March 27, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Absolutely stunning!! I am so excited for Spring and all its gorgeous flowers………thank you for sharing

• Reply Metal Flower Vase March 28, 2016 at 6:54 am

This is so beautiful Anastasia ! I love the gorgeous metal vase for the tulip flower arrangements and the paper tiles. Perfect spring decor!

• Reply dinesh March 29, 2016 at 8:08 am

good post

• Reply Erika McCarthy March 29, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Absolutely beautiful! Ranunculus are flowers that I ADORE and see often but very rarely remember their name! A perfect spring arrangement :)

• Reply Pretty&Powerful April 8, 2016 at 11:54 am

White is so AMAZING! Love the flowers you chose, Anastasia! I am planning to have white flowers for my winter wedding. Thanks for inspirational post and looking forward to your next flower column!