Shopping + Products

June 1, 2016

Can you believe products for the Autumn/Winter season are being introduced already? I can’t believe it’s already June 1 though, time is flying this year so far. My upcoming trip to Sweden will be here in just three weeks, I can’t wait! Do you have any travels scheduled for summer? So let’s talk about shopping. Available now in the United States (here), RICE in Denmark has just released these Autumn/Winter 2016 collection and I can’t wait to share some images to inspire you today. Including their amazing wallpaper. Oh my goodness you will die.

New Happy Wallpaper + Decor From RICE

I love so many of these sweet things, like the RICE party supplies, melamine plates and bowls for kids, and the new RICE wallpaper…. They’ve collaborated with Eijffinger and have such cute papers for decorating your walls. The founder, Charlotte, happens to be a good friend of mine (her home was in my first book, Decorate, which is how we met) and I just love how she evolves the line because it’s all so punchy and sweet – there is a lot of freshness to it. Check it out.

New Happy Wallpaper + Decor From RICE

FUN LIVING, right? Nice to see some color and crazy once in awhile, isn’t it? Beautiful job, Charlotte – you make magic! Always!

(photographs with permission from RICE DK)

8 Comments

• Reply Vicky June 1, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Ohhhhhhhh! love love love
    Thanks for share! amazing collection, kisses from Argentina :)

• Reply Hannah June 1, 2016 at 10:56 pm

So adorable!

• Reply Nicky June 2, 2016 at 10:30 am

Very pretty – I always worry that I would tire of a patterned wallpaper on my walls so if I did it, I would only do it in small doses – but these photos are so pretty that it is tempting!!

• Reply Holly Becker June 2, 2016 at 11:33 am

I did my entryway in gold pineapples over two years ago and I still adore it, my entryway is huge (it’s a big square room). You will see it in my upcoming book. I thought I would tire of it too but it’s just the opposite. I love it more each day because it’s such a big welcome statement. Each time I walk in and see it, I smile and feel very good about the decision. Much better than if I had left it plain white as it was. In my living room, I did one big wall behind my sofa in a patterned paper. I now wish I had papered the entire room, I love it so much. I papered my son’s room too, around the windows, he is only 2 but he still touches it and says “Mama, pretty!”. I’ll change that when he’s older because I don’t think he’ll want it then since it’s very much for a small child, not a boy who will eventually not want his room in soft mint, golden rod and black. Maybe just the black! :) I papered my half bath too, only behind the toilet, and now wish I had done the whole room. One good thing about wallpaper is that once you spend the initial money to prep the walls and then apply the paper, it’s easier to strip and reapply a new pattern. Also, I believe that some patterns are timeless – especially if you don’t go with stuff that is too trendy or in colors that you may not imagine liking a year from now. I go with patterns I love (geometrics, florals, etc.) and then the colors I love and have loved consistently for years. Hope this helps!

• Reply Jordan June 2, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Absolutely gorgeous. I love all of the patterns and the colors! So bright and cheerful. Now I want some of these wallpapers.

• Reply Lorraine June 3, 2016 at 3:22 pm

I clicked the links and can’t find the wallpaper to buy? (USA)
    The website seemed to have not much for sale am I missing something?

• Reply iHanna June 7, 2016 at 10:37 am

I want to live in ALL of these rooms. Imagine… polka dot walls! Yum!

• Reply Regina June 14, 2016 at 2:35 am

When I look at RICE’s products I feel like a child, a very happy child, in a candy store, everything is so pretty, original, the colors, patterns, it really takes my imagination to another level :)