Hello everyone. How are you? Hope you had a nice weekend! I think you might agree with me, that Sunday mornings, or afternoons for that matter, feel best when spent in bed. And I don’t mean sleeping, oh no! It’s about having a cozy moment with a favorite book, sweet treats, magazines or a TV series watched on a laptop, while relaxing on soft layers of blankets and comfy pillows. Sounds very tempting, right? In case you wondered what I did yesterday, this is it – I had a little Sunday bed party with peach aperitivo, some good reads…and well yes, my camera to document it for you!
The crucial item to make this moment perfect is to have a handy bed tray near you, where you can place a little plate with food, reading glasses – to be sure you don’t sit on them or to place your laptop if you want to watch something. I know it’s very mean to speak about lazy, bed moments on Monday but on your next lazy day, this bed tray has to be part of your morning ritual. I can guarantee you that once you have it – you will be wondering how you could have lived without it.
It is super easy to make and doesn’t require advanced any carpenters skills to create it. Now that I (hopefully) convinced you to make it, let me show you how:
* a 50 x 40 cm wooden plank
* 2 rectangular shaped wooden sticks – 38 cm long each
* very strong wood glue
* white wood paint and black permanent marker
* masking tape
* Start by polishing all the wooden elements with sandpaper, then rinse them with water to wash all the dust off.
* Mark the area you want to paint with a masking tape then paint it.
* When dry, using a black permanent pen draw little dots pattern on it.
* Turn the wood upside down and glue the wooden ‘legs’ to it at the ends using a strong glue.
* Leave the glue to dry well over the night.
And taaa daaa! Now you can enjoy your Sunday mornings, with a breakfast in bed!
This is my final post on decor8 so I want to say that it’s been a great pleasure to share my DIYs with such a great audience and thank you for all your lovely comments and support! I hope you will keep in touch via my blog (Passion Shake) and social media. Wishing you all a beautiful Summer! – Agata
(Photography, DIY idea, Text, Styling: Agata Dimmich)